PDA

View Full Version : What do you after you've reached your goals?

2.0Tsunami
06-09-2009, 12:09 PM
I guess you can say that I'm kind of burned out. The only thing I have left to do is get into single digit bf%...closest I've been was 13%. I think that is the only real goal I have left. However, I'm having a hard time finding a reason to even try it. I'm getting the feeling of "whats the point?" Complacent is probably the best word to describe how I feel. I guess you could say that I'm looking for a 'muse'.

I'm thinking maybe competing in bodybuilding might ignite my interest again...give me a reason to push myself hard again. I've never seen a show so I'm going to try to see one w/in the next month.

Anyone else w/ similar stories? What did you do to overcome the slump?

JAY-
06-09-2009, 12:15 PM
what do you do when you reach your goals?

very simple... you set new ones, not being funny but if you think you have met ALL of your goals you should probably find a new hobby.. there is always something more you can achieve!

find a new digit to try and hit whether its a body fat percentage, total weight or maybe even a feat of strength!

all the best!

andrewpoleon
06-09-2009, 12:37 PM
I have short term and long term goals, once I reach the short term, I make a new one, and extend my long term :D

johnderriLLL
06-09-2009, 01:13 PM
start living life to the fullest? no opportunity wasted = now.

dchuck90
06-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Once I actually achieve my goals I am usually not satisfied anymore because I know I can do better.Now when I edge closer I usually just set new ones before I even make it. I always want to be the best, I guess it was just how I was raised always competing with my brothers.

tanzi
06-27-2009, 06:52 AM
Set a goal, work your ass off, achieve goal, repeat.

wrecking_ball
06-27-2009, 04:42 PM
I have goals for EVERYTHING when it comes to my health and the gym. Even if I complete one I can chase another and when I achieve one goal I usually just bump that goal to the next level. You should work and get yourself into single digit BF - the difference from 13 will probably motivate you in itself :) !

txw
07-06-2009, 06:16 AM
I find goals easier to achieve when a huge reward is on the line. When I complete my current goal of getting to 10% BF, my next goal will be long term maintenance, with short term measurements.

I plan to have quarterly rewards for maintenance with a large reward for each year of maintenance.

Goals are the first step, second step is the reward. For some people, achieving a goal is its own reward. For others, something else must be the reward.

DanTheManB
07-06-2009, 07:59 AM
you should always want to do better today than you did yesterday

Rockchalk0420
07-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Try and maintain them....

drizzt45
07-08-2009, 03:56 PM
Yeah the only thing you can do is set a new goal. Never be satisfied with what you have and want more and get to the next level.

BentTheBar
07-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Try setting your new goals too high, so that you will not reach them but come very close. That will help keep you pushing. If you are used to reaching your goals easily, than your goals are too low and you are short changing yourself.
You'd be suprised what the body can do when you psuh yourself past it's limits..

readyforthepain
07-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Set a goal, work your ass off, achieve goal, repeat.

this