http://www.flickr.com/photos/tentaclemonkey/146110069/

nuff said

awesome!

johnderriLLL
06-09-2009, 05:13 PM
life and death flash before me in front of the squat rack

OBeast
06-09-2009, 06:04 PM
Rippetoe's response to a question of how long to rest between reps of a 20 rep squat program

"It varies with the length of the set. 5s or fewer get a breath to reset. Longer sets might take 2 breaths. During the last few reps of a true 20RM squat, just do what Jesus tells you."

When questioned about that response he replied with

"Trust me, if you do an honest 20 rep program, at some point Jesus will talk to you.

On the last day of the program, he asked if he could work in."

mrprman
06-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Yes, when I'm on the tread mill I put on my iPod with praise music and I do more with god than without god. I pray , talk to him , i have a real good time working out.

mrprman
06-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Yes, when I'm on the tread mill I put on my iPod with praise music and I do more with god than without god. I pray , talk to him , i have a real good time working out.God bless you all

co1e_train
06-05-2011, 04:01 PM
This thread caught my eye. Its encouraging to see other believers in this sport.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit whom is in you whom you have received from God? You are not your own. You were bought with a price, therefore honor God with your body."

Build your temple.

DrBroseph
06-06-2011, 06:13 AM
I don't see why not. But don't rely on your God(s) to spot you, he's a busy being.

nicksixx
06-06-2011, 09:16 AM
why wouldnt it

ummm...I hate to tell you this, but god is fake

Learningtoeat
06-06-2011, 04:36 PM
It does for me. When I run outside in the woods I pray most of the run. The same when I am stretching and doing any cardio.

My body is a temple and I am supposed to take care of it. I think God and working out go hand in hand. Now growing up I thought godly women didn't workout or get muscles ect. but I know better now.

roughrider76
06-06-2011, 04:46 PM
I agree with learningtoeat. I believe I have to live to the best of my ability and do my all in all things. The fact I workout ties into that. I know I didn't finally quit smoking until I prayed about it and made some promises besides pursuing just selfish goals.

wjb316
06-06-2011, 10:43 PM
This may sound cheesy but I say a short prayer of thanks after every workout.

KrEEzNotic
06-07-2011, 07:22 AM
This thread caught my eye. Its encouraging to see other believers in this sport.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit whom is in you whom you have received from God? You are not your own. You were bought with a price, therefore honor God with your body."

Build your temple.

i think about this verse everytime i'm workin out or play a sport

CDub73
06-07-2011, 08:13 AM
They definately mix. I've been making it habit to pray about training as well. If anything it psyches up my mentality, especially on them days you just want to loaf on the couch.

TheFleetAdmiral
06-07-2011, 08:37 AM
God is the greatest bodybuilder.... in His image and Likeness we are created---- and bodybuilding is all about creating that body...high-five!!

brian1570
06-07-2011, 08:53 AM
not that i don't believe in god. but god's not gonna put that weight up. god's not going to help me break through that plateau. god's not going to help my diet. god's not going to spot me when pumping out a heavy set.

proper diet and excercise is my religion.

sshin
06-07-2011, 10:02 AM
If you believe in God, than do just that. But lifting and body building is something you will have to achieve on your own.

ImGettingStrong
06-07-2011, 04:15 PM
I love this thread

1 Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

co1e_train
06-09-2011, 08:02 PM
It does for me. When I run outside in the woods I pray most of the run. The same when I am stretching and doing any cardio.

My body is a temple and I am supposed to take care of it. I think God and working out go hand in hand. Now growing up I thought godly women didn't workout or get muscles ect. but I know better now.

Why don't more women think like this? Would love for my future spouse to have this mindset in some sense.

i think about this verse everytime i'm workin out or play a sport

Good deal! I need to keep this verse in my mind more often when I workout

I love this thread

1 Timothy 4:8
For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

This. Our Physical bodies will burn, but Godliness for the believer is for ever.

willrut
06-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Colossians 3:23- "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, and not for men"

FishChris
06-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Well first off, I'm not into organized religion.

Second, I never preach to anyone..... who doesn't ask.... and even if they do, I'd start out with, "Well, I'm just another one of the 6 1/2 billion, so I don't know why my beliefs or opinions would matter more than anyone elses".

That said, sure. I feel like the supreme power (that I call God) mixes with pretty much everything I do.

In fact, two years ago, when I was pretty much hitting my rock bottom of poor health, I had really started praying that God would either, 1) Take me out of this life fast, easy, and painless... or 2) Somehow fix this big, long, rediculous list of health problems which made my entire life miserable.

Geeez, I sure am glad he chose the latter for me :)

So heck yea' God mixes with my workouts !
{I think it was mostly his idea in the first place :)}

......and I thank him for every good one :)

And for every big catch !

And every time I look in the mirror now, and maybe start to get a little full of myself ;) LOL

Peace,
Fish

ReedT
06-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Considering all the pro-athletes that either kneel on one knee or raises their gaze and point to Heaven/God after a score or win, I don't see why anyone couldn't have God in their workouts.

And for all the haters on God reading this, seriously, if you don't believe in Him, then don't bother replying to this thread. Any honest Believer is not going to suddenly think "OMG! God's not real?!" after reading an internet forum post. You are NOT going to change any of our beliefs on the matter with quick remark and you just end up looking like a jerk for coming here and telling all of us that what we believe in is either "childish" "make believe" or any other type of degrading remark. It's just another flame war waiting to happen and its just tiresome dealing, about the same subjects all the time.

Skyline89
06-10-2011, 12:10 AM
God and working out? YES.

Organized religion and working out? NO. but if it makes you happy then YES.

Ccaps512
06-10-2011, 03:58 PM
I feel like in many ways it does. I think that working out helps us develop discipline which can be used to help us walk our Christian lives to the very best of our ability. 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 "24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. 25 Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. 26 So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. 27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, [2] lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified."