PDA

View Full Version : For a change.. who does not have a problem with motivation.

JolietKev
06-08-2009, 01:40 PM
I know there are probably many like myself who do not seem to have difficulty getting motivated to exercise. I believe that we all have sluggish days but that is probably more from overwork then lack of motivation. There is a difference between being unmotivated and just being worn out. You can only abuse your body for so long before it takes a vacation. willingly or unwillingly. I believe that you either have the desire or you do not. Some have athletic torsos and mindsets while others do not. I believe that we all have certain gifts and that we have to make the best of them. No matter how much someone wants to be a math genius they will not be unless their is that passion for math. It is like it is born into you. Substitue whatever passion you may have. I dont know how else to explain it but I gave it a shot. Who else does not seem to have a problem getting motivated? Answers or thoughts may help those that are feeling bad because they cant get motivated? That would be like me getting mad because I cannot get motivated to take a dancing class...not that there is anything wrong with that.

andrewpoleon
06-08-2009, 01:47 PM
I'm with you, me immagining myself skinny, or in the middle of a football game or a wrestling match, makes my blood boil and gets me through my low low carb days... :D

TheDedicated1
02-28-2016, 11:39 AM
For me what works is just looking at the calendar and my goals here on bodyspace. I try not to waste a day because Ive lost close people very close me too early and I realize that I dont have forever to live and achieve my dreams. Also I think about just how I would feel if I do accomplish the goals.

cmmx
03-02-2016, 12:51 PM
if i dont exercise for a few days i feel a strong need to exercise. theres this pent-up energy and/or general sluggishness that i need to get rid of. like my muscles are aching for some baking. that alone is enough motivation for me. other things that help are avoiding routine (exercising only when i want to and to a degree that my body agrees with, so i dont get bored), and listening to energetic music (especially for running)

ElrondHubbard
03-02-2016, 01:24 PM
I've had trouble with motivation in the past. I had many distractions and simply took my fitness for granted. Then I thought "I'll come back to it later." That was about 22 years ago. A year and a half ago I wised up, and realized that my health is not something that will maintain itself on its own. My wife was having problems with her own health, and I knew that if I was going to care for her, I had a non-negotiable responsibility to care for myself. Since I took that mindset, motivation has not been a problem. I approach it with optimistic anticipation -- sometimes I end up disappointed when I don't achieve quite the progress I'd hoped for, and other times I feel like a conqueror because I did better than I expected. But I never feel like quitting.