PDA

View Full Version : Lost My Motivation

Rickpun
06-07-2009, 03:04 PM
So I was going strong last year, lost 75. lbs. I was 375 and I'm now 325, well real-life got in the way and I slowly stopped exercising as much, my diet started to suffer and then quicker than I thought, I was back into my old habits. Fast food, and junk food.

I'm still 325 lbs., and my weights fluctuated quite a bit since I stopped working out as much and eating right. I went down to as low as 305 and back up to 335.

There's so much weight to lose that it feels it's going to be a long time before I'm at an ideal body weight. I just can't seem to find the motivation to get going again. Especially since I was going once and then gave up, I feel that I'm not able to get going again as I was a year ago.

Any suggestions?

Rickpun
06-07-2009, 03:14 PM
So now that the person below has got that out of their system, anyone have anything constructive to say?

-Lucifer
06-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I don't have the right words at the moment, bro but this picture might help.

Tell yourself you want to look like him ASAP.

http://i44.tinypic.com/25kmwjd.jpg

Ironlife
06-08-2009, 12:46 AM
A 1000mile journey starts with a small step

Senecan
06-08-2009, 04:34 AM
Theres two groups of people man...the fat and lazy people who drift through life and settle with the fact that they are who they are and they can't change...Then theres the people who make the gym and their diet part of their life...They are dedicated to changing their bodies. Just remember if it was easy then every person you know would be doing it...You need to make it a long term commitment.

newbreedfreak
06-08-2009, 04:53 AM
Get off your ass and be work hard. Be patient for the results just keep busting your ass man. Your life in a way is on the line so don't mess around

blockmonkey
06-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Every day you put it off, it's going to get harder. You need to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get down to the gym now. The first step is the hardest bro but you can do it.

Good luck Aaron

majuck
06-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Set a daily food goal and daily workout goal. Be realitic. Then meet it.

Then repeat. for seven days.

Set a Weekly goal. Meet it.

Set a 1 month goal, and meet it.

Tape your before pic and then your current and then a pic of the body you want. all side by side. Stare at the original pic and fight like hell to never get there again.

Focus on today. Eating healthy 1 meal at a time. 1 workout.

My journey is going to be longer then yours. But looking at your body space has given me more extra motivation. Focus on what you have achieved, not where you are or how far you still have to go and get this ball rolling again.

Tomek
06-08-2009, 07:32 AM
So I was going strong last year, lost 75. lbs. I was 375 and I'm now 325, well real-life got in the way and I slowly stopped exercising as much, my diet started to suffer and then quicker than I thought, I was back into my old habits. Fast food, and junk food.

I'm still 325 lbs., and my weights fluctuated quite a bit since I stopped working out as much and eating right. I went down to as low as 305 and back up to 335.

There's so much weight to lose that it feels it's going to be a long time before I'm at an ideal body weight. I just can't seem to find the motivation to get going again. Especially since I was going once and then gave up, I feel that I'm not able to get going again as I was a year ago.

Any suggestions?

Why are you telling me your problem's? Sure.. I'll write something here.. I'll wish you good luck & check up on you every now & then. But... Im not going to ruin my sleep in on the weekend to do morning cardio, Im not going to stop eating the donut's that were offered to me, Im not going to break myself in the gym to get bigger & stronger, Im not going to go to bed so soon. That's your job! After every job come's pay day..

Fixate that it's your body, your want's & your need's... It's not going to happen until you commit..

best of luck

bball2
06-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Start with one small step at a time, it'll be a long journey but just remember that you did once, and you can definitely do it again.

So for the first week just focus all your energy into cooking your own meals and not eating out. You don't have to eat 100% healthy but just stop eating junk food. The next week go to the gym 2-3 times a week and do something you enjoy. Keep making those small changes until you're back to doing what you did last to lose all that weight. What ever you do, don't give up, and always look to become the best that you are capable of being.

Zody
06-08-2009, 10:34 AM
It's all in your head man. The mind always tries to play stupid tricks on you telling you that you look so fat etc. Just stay consistent, follow a good diet that you can stick to in the longer term and you're set!

Like Arnold said- "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

When I first started, I was close to 225 pounds at 30% bf. It was very tough both physically and mentally. Every step I took on the treadmill was painful. Your body tells you that it cannot go any further, but you know you can push yourself a bit more. Slowly, it starts to get much better. You feel so good waking up every morning. Then the scale tilts to being a more mental game than physical. It finally boils down to how badly you wanna make that change in you. I agree, the initial stages are very hard to get through, your body tells you it cannot go any further, but just hang in there. Once you're over that phase, then everything is a breeze. It slowly builds on you. Everything seems so easy.

There were days where I was too lazy to hit the gym, asking myself y am i doing this? But if you have that determination and willpower to make that change, then nothing can stop you. To be very honest, I don't even remember when i skipped gym the last time. Maybe a year back? I could careless. Trust me brah, just hang in there and get over that initial phase. The journey is very hard and cruel, but once you start to see the finish line..you will begin to realize that every effort you had put in was so worth it.

Just stay strong mentally and ask yourself - "how bad do you want this?"

Good luck and fukkin make it happen bro!

edit- typo

fortybelow
06-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Mix up your workout for a change. Instead of walking/running on a treadmill, run outside. I used to love running so much just due to the fact that you can move around on your own power. (I ran about 4 miles daily plus a couple marathons :D) Drop the fat, than bulk up once you have your desired bodyfat%

Rickpun
06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies. They've actually got me more motivated again. Appreciate it folks. :D

Once it gets a little warmer out (still only in the 60's) I'll be able to go swimming in the pond at my parents house. It's out at the far end of 40 acres, which I think is a 1/4 mile, so I'll jog out there, go swimming, and then jog back. Should be good for my cardio.

Pretty much right now, I'm not planning on rejoining a gym due to time, and money constraints, and quite frankly, I like the idea of building up a home gym anyways. I don't really care for the bowflex my parents have, the exercises never seem to give any sort of pump, and it takes so long to switch to a different type of exercise that you lose momentum.

So until I save up to get a power rack, I'll be using basic things like pushups, situps, punching bag, jump rope, and an EZ-curl bar I have for lightweight lunges.

Today I even ate a lot cleaner than I normally would. Took in 1,780 calories, 185 grams of protein, 170 grams of carbs, and 40 grams of fat. :D

blockmonkey
06-09-2009, 01:44 AM
Get some dumbells and some plates from wallmart/asda the are only a few quid and you can do shedloads of workouts with just a set of dumbells.

ack2rdbiHEE

Only a few exercises but you get the jist

ElGallito
06-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Great to see your getting your mindset back...best of luck

Koncept
06-09-2009, 08:43 PM

Any suggestions?

Let's compare 335lb down to 305lbs

If I lost 30lbs my weight would be 170lbs. I would become very swift, and my healthy weight will be achieved. What looks like a small goal for you, is a very big one for others.

relobe
06-10-2009, 09:47 PM
man you lost 75 pounds last year, dont stop now - think about it! 75 last year, 75 this year, 75 next year... youre 150 lbs, not much more u can lose lol. its not any different than last year man, only difference is youre looking better and better as time goes on.

if you quit, you wasted that first year of effort

THUNDERGOD
06-13-2009, 11:24 PM
I was once told that "consistency in the gym is the key to success" Keep going and try to eat right. Make working out as much a part of your day as eating lunch. You can do it, we all have had our struggles at one point or another, it's how we face them it that sets us apart!

Lepperchaun
11-13-2015, 05:42 AM
You gotta risk it to get the biscuit