06-06-2009, 04:01 PM
just sayin'

Forge3
06-06-2009, 04:06 PM
Gym and church...just saying :)

MyLastSerenade
06-06-2009, 04:06 PM
just sayin'

Wow I am sure Ryan's servers appreciate it.

RekaW
06-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Gym. In church.

2 birds, one stone.

Rune
06-06-2009, 04:19 PM

I agree.

Minus the whole Church thing.

Boring guy reading rehashed rhetoric = boring.

Spend your two hours meditating, it'll serve you better. :)

I'm discussing my religious reverence for exercise, two birds one stone - seems like an appropriate thread to me.

Gym. In church.

2 birds, one stone.

You have a preacher for a spotter bro?

_TG_
06-06-2009, 04:29 PM
just sayin'

http://i32.tinypic.com/wi3clt.jpg

hooked4life
06-06-2009, 04:30 PM
gym > spiritual

just syain'

RekaW
06-06-2009, 04:34 PM
You have a preacher for a spotter bro?
There'll be no shortage of preacher benches 4 mah curLz!

*oh snap*

pantera02018
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM

thanks for giving me my million dollar idea. brb makin millions

AronP24
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
My YMCA doubles as a community church on Sundays...then again, it WAS founded as a Biblical men's retreat....

Forge3
06-06-2009, 04:37 PM
I agree.

Minus the whole Church thing.

Boring guy reading rehashed rhetoric = boring.

Spend your two hours meditating, it'll serve you better. :)

Meditation :)

*oh snap*

Not a bad pun lol...

Vitalshok44
06-06-2009, 04:38 PM

lol

AronP24
thanks for giving me my million dollar idea. brb makin millions

yo dawg we heard you like God AND working out...
so we put a church in yo gym
so you can do preacher curls
while preachin' to girls

RavenStorm
screw church

VAPlowhorse
06-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Gym and church do need to get together. It would teach kids they draw in for youth stuff some actual self-discipline. Every time I go to my parents church at home it is like valley of the fat asses. Like 50%+ obesity. They need a gym on site.

Skunk
06-06-2009, 04:39 PM
Gym>>>>>>>>>>> Church

just sayin'

Correct Rune.

Spending time in the gym is a healthy activity for both the body and the mind, though it can also be dangerous if one does not workout in a safe and proper manner. However, spending time in a mystic temple such as a church does nothing to the body, and encourages a stagnant mind (or worse, the counter-productiveness of the mind). The best that such temples can offer is comfort through the guise of baseless hope and an insight if one wishes to delve into mythological stories.

Forge3
06-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Gym and church do need to get together. It would teach kids they draw in for youth stuff some actual self-discipline. Every time I go to my parents church at home it is like valley of the fat asses. Like 50%+ obesity. They need a gym on site.

I like the idea that in Bible classes the students start with stretching and end with stretching and some cardio to emphasise the body is a temple and gift and needs to be honored as such. Just to include some more pragmatism in all the reading.

NJlifter88
06-06-2009, 04:45 PM

strong virginia bro :D

RekaW
06-06-2009, 04:46 PM
It would be handy having the confession booth so close by too, so after finishing a real burny drop-set, you can quickly go and absolve your sins for all the really bad words you said.

Rune
06-06-2009, 04:59 PM

*oh snap*

yo dawg we heard you like God AND working out...
so we put a church in yo gym
so you can do preacher curls
while preachin' to girls

rofl

Perhaps a Church dietitian as well... maybe a nice litter sermon on the whole gluttony thing too.

I like the idea that in Bible classes the students start with stretching and end with stretching and some cardio to emphasise the body is a temple and gift and needs to be honored as such. Just to include some more pragmatism in all the reading.

They need more of this in school in general imo, stupid government keeps cutting back on things like gym classes, pisses me off.

Rune
06-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Correct Rune.

Spending time in the gym is a healthy activity for both the body and the mind, though it can also be dangerous if one does not workout in a safe and proper manner. However, spending time in a mystic temple such as a church does nothing to the body, and encourages a stagnant mind (or worse, the counter-productiveness of the mind). The best that such temples can offer is comfort through the guise of baseless hope and an insight if one wishes to delve into mythological stories.

http://www.newton64.ca/images/TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Gabriel Anton
06-06-2009, 05:02 PM
gym = church

except your god is staring back in the mirror :cool:

Forge3
06-06-2009, 05:05 PM
They need more of this in school in general imo, stupid government keeps cutting back on things like gym classes, pisses me off.

Really? I had gym classes all the way through in my time. Education should be mind, body and spirit.

For instance exercise, study, meditation (focus on breath). That would have us producing more well rounded and creative people in our society. We need to learn how to manage our stress and become really focused/centered.

Skunk
06-06-2009, 05:08 PM

I had two gym classes every year in high school. :)

Rune
06-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Really? I had gym classes all the way through in my time. Education should be mind, body and spirit.

For instance exercise, study, meditation (focus on breath). That would have us producing more well rounded and creative people in our society. We need to learn how to manage our stress and become really focused/centered.

As did I, phys ed was optional after grade 9 though, and a large portion just didn't opt into taking it.

We as a species evolved to work, and move and do things. Not sit still for hours on end, looking at screens and listening to people talk, yet this is exactly what is taught to us all the time.

Forge3
06-06-2009, 05:19 PM
As did I, phys ed was optional after grade 9 though, and a large portion just didn't opt into taking it.

We as a species evolved to work, and move and do things. Not sit still for hours on end, looking at screens and listening to people talk, yet this is exactly what is taught to us all the time.

I think Montessori (sp?) schools employ a different philosophy.

Blindead
06-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Gym was mandatory for me all through high school. The weightlifting course in HS was the first time I ever squatted in my life. 115, big money, big money. Ironically 115 is also what I was squatting when I started working my legs out in late Feb. this year roflcopter.

paolo59
06-06-2009, 05:35 PM
Gym. In church.

2 birds, one stone.

LOL Some of those hymnals are pretty heavy. Not bad for forearm work!