PDA

View Full Version : temptation from food

jonniboy
06-05-2009, 05:42 PM
Ive got the motivation to burn fat / gain muscle but I cant seem to resist food. I never miss my workouts (currently 3 times a week) and I'm doing cardio pretty much everyday but when it comes to my diet I just fold.
Is anyone facing similar problems and can anyone give me some advice on how to say no to the food.

johnderriLLL
06-05-2009, 06:27 PM
nothing except the will to be thin.

nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Theo1712
06-06-2009, 02:14 AM
Is all the pain and effort you put in the gym equal with a pizza or burger?
Think about that.

I would advise you to start out small; by that I mean fx changing one of ur meals to the healthier. Then in 3 weeks, do a similar thing with another meal. Then you will get on the right track.

May be tough in the begining, but once you break it you will never go back.

Good Luck. Kind regards,

Theo

ndruo
06-06-2009, 03:00 AM
There's a few ways to approach this.

One way is to consider food as fuel, not fun.
Remind yourself that nothing tastes as good as being buff feels.
Learn to enjoy eating healthy -- it takes a little while to adjust, but once you stay off of the sweet, salty, and crunchy and move onto the fresher healthier stuff you find it's actually not bad. Good, even.

NickyBoomBots
06-06-2009, 04:42 AM
man i know what ur feeling... ill open my fridge.. stare at plate of left over pizza and just stand there staring while my two sides in my head are fighting over eachother if i should just eat the friggin thing... its torture bro i know... but what ive come to realize.. eating that slice of pizza means the rest of the day me being depressed about it.. only for 5 minutes of taste... aint worth it

hullcity
06-07-2009, 09:37 AM
man i know what ur feeling... ill open my fridge.. stare at plate of left over pizza and just stand there staring while my two sides in my head are fighting over eachother if i should just eat the friggin thing... its torture bro i know... but what ive come to realize.. eating that slice of pizza means the rest of the day me being depressed about it.. only for 5 minutes of taste... aint worth it

i thought i was the only one who felt totally crap after eating junk food, i beat myself up about it pretty bad the full night and take on an attitude of, well you've ruined it already might aswell go the whole way and get your moneys worth.

LeapFroggie
06-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Just force yourself to eat right for awhile and the temptation will gradually diminish (though it never goes away).

roman209
06-11-2009, 06:02 AM
Yep temptation disappears eventually.

Just get through the first week or so and your laughing. Drink water instead to the point you cant fit anything else in your stomach and the craving will go away. Then continue to use water for this purpose.

ewolf2
06-11-2009, 06:30 AM
I just let myself have a cheat meal once a week and I look forward to that so i'm not really tempted to eat any junk through out the week.

Nabla
06-11-2009, 08:07 AM
I simply don't buy the food I should not eat, my fridge is "eating" clean too ;)
It's only hard when you're visiting friends ... but then I just plan my cheat meal on weekend.

It only takes will and dedication, stand strong and you will be proud of what you have accomplished in few months, time makes it easier.

drewkawa
06-11-2009, 07:54 PM
DONT HAVE IT AROUND!

lol I'm soooo with you. If I have a bag of potato chips I just can't say no. Because of that, I just dont have em. No crap in my pantry, frig, or desk. Most of the times we snack out of habit and not need.

Just dont buy the stuff.... (works for me!)

TheAntar
06-12-2009, 01:11 AM
[QUOTE]Ive got the motivation to burn fat / gain muscle but I cant seem to resist food. I never miss my workouts (currently 3 times a week) and I'm doing cardio pretty much everyday but when it comes to my diet I just fold.
Is anyone facing similar problems and can anyone give me some advice on how to say no to the food.
[QUOTE]

Dude, it's all about the snack food that tastes great but isn't bad.

Jack Links beef jerky or steak nuggets... 0.5g fat in a quarter bag of beef jerky. 10g protein, no carbs.

Almonds. Mmm!

I also really like this natural trail mix I found... no sugar added, dried fruit/cashews/walnuts unsalted but there's a bit of pepper and a couple other dried herbs for flavour. Very tasty, found it at safeway near the mixed organic greens. :) High in fat cause of the nuts, but thats okay as long as it fits in yer macros.

Anyway I'm satisfying my snack cravings with snack food. Just not chips and donuts like I used to.

And when you do break down and have a donut ... just think how much work those 300 calories are at the gym :)

Nabla
06-12-2009, 05:56 AM
Anyway, if you can't resist, always have fruits around like apple / orange, it is not bad, drink water with that, apple +water makes you feel full quickly!

ghostofinsanity89
06-12-2009, 08:23 AM
Ive got the motivation to burn fat / gain muscle but I cant seem to resist food. I never miss my workouts (currently 3 times a week) and I'm doing cardio pretty much everyday but when it comes to my diet I just fold.

Stop making excuses, you exactly know how to say NO but you refuse to face the music. Sorry brah but no matter how much advice we give you, it has to come from within.

Look at it this way, spending time in the gym is only 50% of the battle, the other 50% (the harder 50%) happens outside the gym. You are constantly bombarded with fast food, easy meal, and alot of delicious looking food.

my advice to you is just to say NO to it. Theres no secret plan or secret advice here. Plain and simple, dont give in to those urges, then again you already know this but too scared to face it.

Bolo23
06-12-2009, 11:13 AM
dam this is some good MO, sometimes i need this.

alexphen
06-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Yep temptation disappears eventually.

Just get through the first week or so and your laughing. Drink water instead to the point you cant fit anything else in your stomach and the craving will go away. Then continue to use water for this purpose.

thats hilarious, effective, but still funny. The best thing you can do is like the others said... shop healthy and surround yourself with good food and your set.

the thing that personally helps me the most is replacing your favorite cheat meal with a healthy version... i love bacon cheese burgers... i replace it with a whole wheat bun, boca burger, soy cheese and the fixins...

stay strong, what you put in is what you get out

gl

orvalsamazon
06-13-2009, 12:25 PM
You fold for a reason - figure out what the reasons are.

Are you hungry all day or just at certain times?

How much daily fiber do you get?

How long do you go between meals?

Do you have triggers? - I am an emotional eater so if I get upset - I want to whip up some choc. chip cookie dough - made with real butter. I also have ulcers and I want to eat when they hurt.

Is food energy or source of comfort? Do mashed potatoes/gravy and fried chicken and buttermilk biscuits feel like love to you?

Figure this out and then you can try something different. I no long go eat chocolate or have an extra shot of Patron - I just get a pedicure or new outfit the next day. Whatever it takes.

Also you have to be prepared: Make sure you have good stuff on hand that you can eat when you need to eat. Being unprepared and having to choose between hunger, emotional stress or swinging by a vending machine or fast food place is the worse.

THUNDERGOD
06-13-2009, 11:12 PM
They say that if you can resist a junk food item for ten minutes you have beaten the craving.

TheAntar
06-14-2009, 12:19 AM
They say that if you can resist a junk food item for ten minutes you have beaten the craving.

they might say that, but I still want it 10 days later.

Unless I have it. Stupid brain! Oh well thats why I'm giving myself saturday afternoon/evenings off the new diet. I can handle 152 hours a week cause I know I have that 16 hours waiting for me. Right? Right!

And already my cheating isn't as bad as it was the first time. In fact my stomach didn't really care for that greasy burger I had for lunch. A first step, perhaps? Or a crappy burger? I'm not sure yet.

ElGallito
06-14-2009, 10:55 AM
It's especially hard when you have kids and all they want is chicken nuggets and pizza. I own a restaurant and my cravings are cuban bread and rice. I have learned to stay away but its hard, thats what we cubans eat! I also feel bad after i have some bad food but i try not to dwell on it....besides the fat didn't get there from one bad meal! I think its all about balance.

lawlz_xD
06-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Eat something healthy instead! I think that most temptations are just from being hungry in itself, rather than actually craving that specific food...

dimm
06-18-2009, 08:23 AM
I almost went to a chinese restaurant today on my lunch break instead of going to gym like I do everyday. For some reason I got this image of a delicious chinese meal in my head, I hate that! But reading this thread before my break helped me somehow and I did go to gym :) I feel great now:)
Thanks!