PDA

View Full Version : Motivation for Transformation... and Nothing Else

sweet_lew
06-04-2009, 08:33 AM
As suggested by iDrive, I'm making this thread.

I know a lot of people start working out/taking care of their body so that other people will like them (girls... etc). I used to be one of these people when I was younger but then when you mature you come to realize that you are improvig yourself as a person, you are transforming not only your body, but yourself as a whole. Taking care of your body and having good health should never be done for anyone but yourself. A lot of people get more attention when they lose weight (or gain it if you're a twig) and they say "oh well I'm more attractive to people now" no... its because you have more confidence, its because you transformed yourself. Having this mentality is the best motivation that anyone can have... way better than trying to get someone to like you. This way of thinking can also be applied to anything you are changing or want to change in your life.

-Lucifer
06-04-2009, 08:59 AM
As suggested by iDrive, I'm making this thread.

I know a lot of people start working out/taking care of their body so that other people will like them (girls... etc). I used to be one of these people when I was younger but then when you mature you come to realize that you are improvig yourself as a person, you are transforming not only your body, but yourself as a whole. Taking care of your body and having good health should never be done for anyone but yourself. A lot of people get more attention when they lose weight (or gain it if you're a twig) and they say "oh well I'm more attractive to people now" no... its because you have more confidence, its because you transformed yourself. Having this mentality is the best motivation that anyone can have... way better than trying to get someone to like you. This way of thinking can also be applied to anything you are changing or want to change in your life.

Most important thing.

Good post.

Ironlife
06-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Nice post, a lot of guys say they lift for girls and this and that etc but they drop off along the way, i dont want to blow my own trumpet but when i have picked up ny first 2.5kg dumbell curl to now my 350 lbs deadlift i have never given up on weights and maybe took a wekk off here and there but have never quit from 4.5 years ago i have come from 128lbs hardgainer to now reasonable 185 lbs im not content nor will i be and that is what drives me all the time.

sweet_lew
06-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Nice post, a lot of guys say they lift for girls and this and that etc but they drop off along the way, i dont want to blow my own trumpet but when i have picked up ny first 2.5kg dumbell curl to now my 350 lbs deadlift i have never given up on weights and maybe took a wekk off here and there but have never quit from 4.5 years ago i have come from 128lbs hardgainer to now reasonable 185 lbs im not content nor will i be and that is what drives me all the time.

"Keep my head up high, pump iron til I die" is what I always say bro.

iDrive
06-04-2009, 01:03 PM
A lot of people get more attention when they lose weight (or gain it if you're a twig) and they say "oh well I'm more attractive to people now" no... its because you have more confidence, its because you transformed yourself.

This is a great quote. So many people post "I can't believe how shallow the world is" when they see they're getting more attention because their better looking when in actuality they probably weren't very confident in themselves when they were bigger and confidence is very attractive moreso than a hard body.

LeadByExample89
08-10-2014, 01:46 PM
It's true to an extent but one of the reasons I started working out was so to build my confidence with women. I didn't think "Oh I'll get buff and get hot chicks draped all over me." It was more like "Ill be more confident around girls I like." Later on I got into a serious relationship that I am still in now and that had nothing to do with the fact that I had worked out for a little while or whatever, the right girl just came along. So like it was said above, that whole reason of working out for girls, most of the time that phase will pass. Now, like the op said, I work out to better myself and that's what I love about it. But I love the confidence it gives me in all aspects of life.