PDA

View Full Version : I need motivation bad

BangBrahs
06-03-2009, 06:32 PM
I have been interested in bodybuilding for about 5 years now. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no motivation and I still look like sh!t. I need help getting motivated and staying motivated. Thanks.

F22-Raptor
06-03-2009, 06:39 PM
I have been interested in bodybuilding for about 5 years now. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no motivation and I still look like sh!t. I need help getting motivated and staying motivated. Thanks.
Dont' see your pic. What do you do? How is your diet? Have you seen PTs or Dieticians? What are your final goals?

correll28
06-03-2009, 06:46 PM
every minute you sit saying how you wish you were better, is a minute you could be up making yourself better.

hard work is the magic potion, and it doesnt come overnight

you CAN do it

Ragnor187
06-03-2009, 07:37 PM
just imagine if you started hittin it hard 5years ago and how big u would be today...

you just gotta start doing it, some people just dont have the drive to do it. If you cant self motivate things prolly are not gonna work out for ya

you gotta want it

EATSALPHAS4FUN
06-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Every journey starts with one step......

ShoryukenLOL
06-04-2009, 02:26 AM
get off your fat body ass and start lifting weights you bitch

^^^^ trying to give you motivation XD

Take a picture of yourself on a date you wanna start to get serious
Improve your diet, Work ethic
Take a picture every 2 weeks
Look at the differences, And think of how much more you can acheive.
That's what i'm kinda doing, But I hurt my rotator cuff the other day, And ate chili cheese fries today
I feel ****ty. :(

Vigilante_Inc
06-04-2009, 02:51 AM
motivation isnt an external force... its nothing that can be purchased or found on the roadside one day. at some point you have to ask yourself 'when am i going to make myself a priority, when am i going to stop taking my abilities for granted and go through the suffering required to be the best form of myself'

JolietKev
06-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Every journey starts with one step......

Get rid of that stash... please Nice smile though :)

jonnyspaghettio
06-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Stop being a slave to the scale or even the mirror for that matter. The only thing that does it discourage you.

ndruo
06-04-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm deeply unsettled by this post for personal reasons.

Everyone grab your fire extinguishers. Major flame incoming.

I mean, seriously.

<FLAME ON>

@Bangbrahs: What do you want? Some brief, meaningful saying? A cool video you can watch on youtube sometime later tonight when you're not so busy eating cheetos and beating off? Yeah, there are a ton of those. You probably know them already from just reading for five years. Put those things on your mental checklist. Right under "learn what Drive is."

Tell you what. Everyone else will work out twice as hard and we'll give you the results. Here, let me get your six pack ready for you. We worked extra hard to make it. Do you have a silver platter around that I could maybe place it on before I hand it to you? No?

That's fine, I wasn't really expecting one anyways.

There's a reason I'm so irate with you. Consider this:

You asked other people to give you initiative. The thing that makes self-starters self-starters.

What.

The.

F*CK.

How about shame? Shame is a pretty good motivator. I can lay that on pretty thick.

Don't be embarrassed because of your weak and flabby body. Be embarrassed because of your pathetic mental strength. Everyone STARTS somewhere. But you...

...you don't even start.

I mean, really. you can't even be motivated enough to motivate yourself. Do you know what your family, your friends, and your colleagues call people who can't do that?

Babies. Man-children. Incompetent. Lazy.

Worthless.

Something smells funny here.

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no motivation and I still look like sh!t. I need help getting motivated and staying motivated. Thanks.

Getting closer...

Unfortunately

Bingo.

"Unfortunately?" That's your problem right there. You don't get what misfortune is.

Misfortune is getting struck by lightning. Misfortune is getting shat on by a bird. Misfortune is being targeted by a serial killer who randomly pointed at your name in the phone book.

Tsutomu Yamaguchi, who was in Hiroshima on business when the bomb dropped then returned home to Nagasaki only to see the SECOND mushroom cloud is unfortunate.

You are not unfortunate. You're irresponsible. There's only one person in control for anything you do. Every action you take is made because you chose to take it, whether you admit it or not. Your circumstances are nothing more than that: circumstances. What defines you is how you choose to handle them. Take some responsibility for what you do; who you are.

I was just like you a few months ago. In fact, that's why I hate you so much - you remind me of the old me. I don't even want to THINK about him again. You want to know what the difference between the you and me is?

It isn't a youtube video. It isn't a quote. It is a decision. It is Attitude. It is Commitment.

Most importantly of all, it is Action.

How the hell do you expect to change if you're not disciplined enough to things not because you want to but because you should.

Would you rather be comfortable? Or better? The two are mutually exclusive.

Don't reply to this thread. Don't say "f*ck you, you're an a-hole," don't say "THANK YOU EVERYONE YOU'VE TAUGHT ME TO BE BETTAR."

Just go prove that you're not who you think you are. That you're not who I think you are. That you're not who you've been for the past however many years you've been alive. Just do something.

...For once.

</FLAME OFF>

correll28
06-05-2009, 09:11 AM

I mean, seriously.

<FLAME ON>

@Bangbrahs: What do you want? Some brief, meaningful saying? A cool video you can watch on youtube sometime later tonight when you're not so busy eating cheetos and beating off? Yeah, there are a ton of those. You probably know them already from just reading for five years. Put those things on your mental checklist. Right under "learn what Drive is."

Tell you what. Everyone else will work out twice as hard and we'll give you the results. Here, let me get your six pack ready for you. We worked extra hard to make it. Do you have a silver platter around that I could maybe place it on before I hand it to you? No?

You asked other people to give you initiative. The thing that makes self-starters self-starters.

What.

The.

F*CK.

How about shame? Shame is a pretty good motivator. I can lay that on pretty thick.

Don't be embarrassed because of your weak and flabby body. Be embarrassed because of your pathetic mental strength. Everyone STARTS somewhere. But you...

...you don't even start.

I mean, really. you can't even be motivated enough to motivate yourself. Do you know what your family, your friends, and your colleagues call people who can't do that?

Worthless.

Getting closer...

Bingo.

"Unfortunately?" That's your problem right there. You don't get what misfortune is.

Misfortune is getting struck by lightning. Misfortune is getting shat on by a bird. Misfortune is being targeted by a serial killer who randomly pointed at your name in the phone book.

Tsutomu Yamaguchi, who was in Hiroshima on business when the bomb dropped then returned home to Nagasaki only to see the SECOND mushroom cloud is unfortunate.

You are not unfortunate. You're irresponsible. There's only one person in control for anything you do. Every action you take is made because you chose to take it, whether you admit it or not. Your circumstances are nothing more than that: circumstances. What defines you is how you choose to handle them. Take some responsibility for what you do; who you are.

I was just like you a few months ago. In fact, that's why I hate you so much - you remind me of the old me. I don't even want to THINK about him again. You want to know what the difference between the you and me is?

It isn't a youtube video. It isn't a quote. It is a decision. It is Attitude. It is Commitment.

How the hell do you expect to change if you're not disciplined enough to things not because you want to but because you should.

Don't reply to this thread. Don't say "f*ck you, you're an a-hole," don't say "THANK YOU EVERYONE YOU'VE TAUGHT ME TO BE BETTAR."

Just go prove that you're not who you think you are. That you're not who I think you are. That you're not who you've been for the past however many years you've been alive. Just do something.

...For once.

</FLAME OFF>

repped

would even rep again if possible

MikeFink18
06-05-2009, 11:05 AM
hey man don't let these guys bring you down.

My way to stay motivated? Pick a hero. Someone totally unrealistic in strength, speed, physiqe, and overall hardassness and strive to be just as good. It doesn't matter if they are real or not, and they probably wont be. A jean claude van damme character? Maybe Arnold in "Commando" if you are shooting for ultimate hardcoreness. I myself am a Solid Snake man.

Listen to some epic theme music when you work out. Anything that gets you amped up on working out hero style.

Thats the way i do it and it keeps me motivated to not only look good but be as strong, fast, agile, and smart as I can be. Get one of those guys who scream at eachother and call people pussies to get motivated and tell him to run 10 miles at a 7 minute a mile pace and enjoy the privilage to do so. He will be on the couch with a bag of doritos in 5 minutes.

VoxExMachina
06-06-2009, 10:56 PM

I hope you realize how totally pathetic and weak that sounds. If you want to work out, then get off your ass and work out already! If you would have started 5 years ago, you wouldn't be sitting there wishing and wanting.

Nobody is going to do it for you.

How's this for motivation...

... you will NEVER be a bodybuilder.

... you will continue to look like crap.

... your lack of willpower will bring you down everywhere in life

... you will never inspire someone

... you will post 7,000 MORE times on BB.com instead of doing one barbell squat

... you will envy others and despise yourself

... you will blame society, circumstances, or fate for your failures

... you will die young, weak, and unfit

Don't believe me? Then go prove me wrong.

xtreme919
06-07-2009, 03:40 AM
just imagine if you started hittin it hard 5years ago and how big u would be today...

you just gotta start doing it, some people just dont have the drive to do it. If you cant self motivate things prolly are not gonna work out for ya

you gotta want it

totally agree, this goes for school and work too. can't sit around and dreamin'..wish I hadn't waste all those precious time :(

LeapFroggie
06-07-2009, 01:10 PM
I hope you realize how totally pathetic and weak that sounds. If you want to work out, then get off your ass and work out already! If you would have started 5 years ago, you wouldn't be sitting there wishing and wanting.

Nobody is going to do it for you.

How's this for motivation...

... you will NEVER be a bodybuilder.

... you will continue to look like crap.

... your lack of willpower will bring you down everywhere in life

... you will never inspire someone

... you will post 7,000 MORE times on BB.com instead of doing one barbell squat

... you will envy others and despise yourself

... you will blame society, circumstances, or fate for your failures

... you will die young, weak, and unfit

Don't believe me? Then go prove me wrong.

^^ This. Go get with the program!

JessDelight
06-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Hmmmm..... if he isn't motivatiated, I am. Also entertained by some of the responses.

~P

patcazza
04-28-2013, 08:57 AM
don't think about motivation, don't read quotes. just do it.

mate i've had the same problem as you however ive just recently signed up to my local gym.

get some mates around ya, hopefully they'll push you beyond your comfort zone.

Seriously, a lot of people on here say that all gym time should be spent being totally focused on your workout. But i reckon you can still enjoy it with friends and have a laugh, as long as you are still lifting what you intend lifting in your plan.

..because if it isn't enjoyable, why do it?

mediumraw
04-28-2013, 09:35 AM

I mean, seriously.

<FLAME ON>

What.

The.

F*CK.

...you don't even start.

Worthless.

Getting closer...

Bingo.

...For once.

</FLAME OFF>

Would put this in my sig if I had the space. Everyone on this site needs this said to them. Repped

mediumraw
04-28-2013, 09:37 AM
You haven't found motivation to do something you've been thinking about for 5 years? Stop being such a beta fgt and just do it.

Or don't. Whatever.

BigBeefMuscle
05-10-2013, 03:55 PM
There's plenty of motivation to go out there and live and look better! Just do something man and work your way up.

Ascetico
05-11-2013, 04:32 AM
I had a similar motivation problem. My solution was a personal trainer. Costs a lot, but for me it was the easiest way to make progress. Today, I am still lazy, but I haved started to change my bad habits.

acoptar
05-11-2013, 05:04 AM
have you seen any of ct fletchers recent videos, y'know how sometimes you smack your face before you do a heavy lift. Watching his recent stuff is doing that to me mentally