PDA

View Full Version : Good To Be Back

jnatale3
06-02-2009, 06:12 PM
This section is the closest thing I could find for the appropriate post, if it needs to be moved, admin. please move it. My name is Joe and I am 25 years old. I have been training since I was ten years old and on BB.com for a number of years. While an officer for NC State Police, I was very involved in bodybuilding. My years of service from 2004 through 2007 motivated me to train hard 6 days a week. Well, over time, I had some life changes, my wife was in pharmacy school and we also had our child. My perspective of law enforcement changed and I left to pursue auto mechanics inn 2007, a hobby/job I had in high school. Something with better hours and was safer. Once I left the force, my training started to taper off, I had less motivation. I went to the gym half as much. I did that for about 3 months then decided to cut out the gym entirely and use my wife's small dumbellls a few times per week at home. I figured something is better than nothing, right? Wrong! I left the department at 225lbs. almost show ready with an almost clear as day six pack and a 425lbs. bench. Just 6 short months later, I tipped the scale at 235, then a few months later at 245, and weighed in January 1st 2009 at 255lbs. I had hit my worst condition ever. My blood pressure was high 140's over 90's, belly, sagging chest, and an over all bad health feeling. Finally, I had to do something. Call it a new year's resolution or my honest wife saying, "Joe, I love you, but you need to get motivated". I took the constructive criticism and stared the gym again with her January 1st 2009. Additionally, our 3 year old (in August) daughter attends too. Club Works in Fuquay Varina NC. Indoor and outdoor pools, tennis courts, basketball courts, upper and lower weight/cardio decks, licensed day care, and a lot more. And the best part, I am joining my wife in medical school and while she is finishing up her pharmacy degree to be a pharmacist, I have re-enrolled in school for sports medecine, striving for a career in physical therepy/trainer, a dream job I wanted when I picked up my first weight at the young age of ten. As a former certified nutritionist and trainer, I have been training again and getting re-certified. I have been losing fat and gaining muscle the past few months, and I am proud to say I DID IT! June 1st 2009, I weighed in at 225lbs. and am in better shape than ever! My motivation came from a number of sources, faith in God, a loving wife, and myself admitting my focus was off. My doctor said I can strive for 195lbs. but it may stay close to 225lbs. if I can maintain this healthy blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. My wife is 5'4" 110lbs. and in the best shape of her life too! ( even though these were her stats when we met 11 years ago LOL! ) Our daughter is starting her healthy lifestyle too! It feels good to be back!
-Joe Natale

corymarsh
02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
You are transported to a room where you are faced by a wizard who
points to you and says, "Them's fighting words!" You immediately get
attacked by all sorts of denizens of the museum: there is a cobra
chewing on your leg, a troglodyte is bashing your brains out with a
gold nugget, a crocodile is removing large chunks of flesh from you, a
rhinoceros is goring you with his horn, a sabre-tooth cat is busy
trying to disembowel you, you are being trampled by a large mammoth, a
vampire is sucking you dry, a Tyranosaurus Rex is sinking his six inch
long fangs into various parts of your anatomy, a large bear is
dismembering your body, a gargoyle is bouncing up and down on your
head, a burly troll is tearing you limb from limb, several dire wolves
are making mince meat out of your torso, and the wizard is about to
transport you to the corner of Westwood and Broxton. Oh dear, you seem
to have gotten yourself killed, as well.

You scored 0 out of 250 possible points.
That gives you a ranking of junior beginning adventurer.
To achieve the next higher rating, you need to score 32 more points.

corymarsh
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Don't be irreplaceable, if you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.