PDA

View Full Version : Hot food makes my stomach hurt

InfectedWithBB
06-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Is this normal? Whenever I eat hot food like Buffalo chicken then I end up getting a stomach ache. Is there a way to fight that? I try to eat some yogurt afterwards, but without much success.

Can hot food cause or irritate ulcers and promote blood showing up in one's stool?

Dr. Horse
06-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Do you have an ulcer and blood in your stool?

InfectedWithBB
06-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Do you have an ulcer and blood in your stool?

I don't know about ulcers. I don't think I have them. I never had severe stomach pain. I only get a little bit of blood in stool when I eat ton of hot food (like 15 hot buffalo wings). I do get stomach ache from hot food, but its not severe. Its more like a stomach burning sensation (not heartburn though!) + some pain in lower half of abdomen.

I also have some chronic pain and I try to go on and off Ibuprofen as needed. I know it can cause ulcers, but I don't know if I have any. Don't you need a special procedure (tube up your as*) to find out if you have ulcers? I also think they won't do it unless there are symptoms.

Theenforcer1
06-02-2009, 05:57 PM
I would go see a doctor and not ask a forum which has a high percentage of teenagers...

Whomper107
06-02-2009, 06:02 PM
I would go see a doctor and not ask a forum which has a high percentage of teenagers...

Agreed, this sounds like a problem beyond the scope of what anyone here can help you with.

Dr. Horse
06-02-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't know about ulcers. I don't think I have them. I never had severe stomach pain. I only get a little bit of blood in stool when I eat ton of hot food (like 15 hot buffalo wings). I do get stomach ache from hot food, but its not severe. Its more like a stomach burning sensation (not heartburn though!) + some pain in lower half of abdomen.

I also have some chronic pain and I try to go on and off Ibuprofen as needed. I know it can cause ulcers, but I don't know if I have any. Don't you need a special procedure (tube up your as*) to find out if you have ulcers? I also think they won't do it unless there are symptoms.

Well, a ulcer usually doesn't cause bright red blood in the stool. Hemorrhoids are the most common cause of that, and they may be related to constipation secondary to a low fiber diet (or even single meal). However, if you are having chronic abdominal pain (with or without BRBPR), you should see a physician.

Dr. Horse
06-02-2009, 06:05 PM

Agreed, this sounds like a problem beyond the scope of what anyone here can help you with.

I'm not a teenager. Can I help him?

Whomper107
06-02-2009, 06:10 PM
I'm not a teenager. Can I help him?

You're more than welcome to, I'm sure he would appreciate it. That's between you and him. I was merely pointing out that if it were me, I would be hesitant to accept medical advice regarding an issue as serious as this from someone whose credentials I know nothing about, and who has never met me in person and knows knowing of my history. In no way am I posing an individual attack on you, or your knowledge - just encouraging the OP to exercise caution on medical advice received over the internet.

The_Animal11
06-02-2009, 06:12 PM
i'm pretty sure i would go to a doctor any time i had blood in stool.

mstanley22
10-13-2010, 09:09 AM
and the answer is pepto bismal, drink it and quit your bitchin

BookMonkey
10-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Well, a ulcer usually doesn't cause bright red blood in the stool. Hemorrhoids are the most common cause of that, and they may be related to constipation secondary to a low fiber diet (or even single meal). However, if you are having chronic abdominal pain (with or without BRBPR), you should see a physician.

^ I was gonna say almost the same thing since I have experience with such issues. I was also going to ask if you have liver issues.

MikeK46
10-13-2010, 09:27 AM
You could be on your way to ulcerative colitis, crohn's disease, etc. Go see a doctor.