PDA

View Full Version : Recomp.. Worth it?

sdfan13
06-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Is it worth it to eat at maintenance and work my ass off in the gym and try to recomp. My goal is to keep my lean body but slowly add muscle...

What do you guys think?

Greater Deity
06-02-2009, 11:24 AM
Is it worth it? That's up to you.
What do I think? Go for it.

sdfan13
06-02-2009, 11:31 AM
Hmmmm..

Anyone made noticeable progress going a recomp? Just don't wanna waste my time if I won't progress..

ahez1991
06-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Hmmmm..

Anyone made noticeable progress going a recomp? Just don't wanna waste my time if I won't progress..

Everyone's different, but i went from 23% bf in november to 15% bf in february eating at 1800cal (about 200 or so below my maintenence) during this time i didn't lose any strength at all, i actually just about doubled everything i lifted during this time, but thats me im not sure how other people would react, you should try it and see what happens

sdfan13
06-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Yeah i'm actually thinking of doing this over the summer.. trying to experiement a little bit and seee what happens. Maybe eat at or a tad lower than maintenance and see what happens.

gse123
06-02-2009, 02:11 PM
This is the re-comp diet I have just started that utilises carb timing:

Daily Maintenance cals = 2350

Monday: 2600 cals (Training day - all carbs post workout)
Tuesday:1850 cals (off day, low carb)
Wednesday: 2600 cals (Training day - all carbs post workout)
Thursday:1850 cals (off day, low carb)
Friday: 2600 cals (Training day - all carbs post workout)
Saturday: 2300 cals (Carb up day)
Thursday:1850 cals (off day, low carb)

This will leave me with a very small cal deficit by the end of the week.

sdfan13
06-02-2009, 03:14 PM
Sounds good. Maybe i'll try some sort of carb cycle.

What are your stats?

Dip87
06-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Is it worth it to eat at maintenance and work my ass off in the gym and try to recomp. My goal is to keep my lean body but slowly add muscle...

What do you guys think?

I've kinda been doing that. Been gaining about 1lb every 2 weeks. I zig zag my calories. Monday is my highest calorie day 2500-2700 because I usually spend my weekends resting or doing very light cardio like bike riding. Tuesday is a rest day so I go like 100-300 over my bmr since it's a recover day( about 1900-2000). Wednesday is about 100-200 less calories than my Monday workout total. Thursday is the same as Tuesday. Friday is the same as Monday because on Saturday and Sunday I usually eat at my bmr or a little under.

This has been great for me. Not really an fat gains, I don't think. It's mostly muscle but I'm kind of doing a cutting workout, I should see much better gains when I have the ability to use more weights. My moneys tight now so I can't go to the gym or buy more weights. So I have to use bodyweight, resistance bands and the weigt sets I already have to workout

gse123
06-02-2009, 10:28 PM
I've kinda been doing that. Been gaining about 1lb every 2 weeks. I zig zag my calories. Monday is my highest calorie day 2500-2700 because I usually spend my weekends resting or doing very light cardio like bike riding. Tuesday is a rest day so I go like 100-300 over my bmr since it's a recover day( about 1900-2000). Wednesday is about 100-200 less calories than my Monday workout total. Thursday is the same as Tuesday. Friday is the same as Monday because on Saturday and Sunday I usually eat at my bmr or a little under.

This has been great for me. Not really an fat gains, I don't think. It's mostly muscle but I'm kind of doing a cutting workout, I should see much better gains when I have the ability to use more weights. My moneys tight now so I can't go to the gym or buy more weights. So I have to use bodyweight, resistance bands and the weigt sets I already have to workout

If you are gaining 0.5lb per week it is more of a lean bulk than a re-comp. Your weight should hardly change at all on a re-comp, as fat loss is replaced with muscle gain in theory. Your BF% should change over time whilst your weight stays fairly static (although it is bound to fluctuate a bit).

gse123
06-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Sounds good. Maybe i'll try some sort of carb cycle.

What are your stats?

I'm 5'4, 130 pounds and about 16%BF. I've lost a lot of fat over the last 6 months, and am now at a stage where I am a lot more comfortable with how I look, and do not want to cut any more (I need food! lol) but on the other hand am apprehensive about straight bulking and gaining fat again.... so i thought if I could get a recomp to work it would be the ideal solution. Although I understand that it is a lot longer process - but I am in no rush.