kevin128
05-31-2009, 07:42 PM
c0TrZTB4yfc

says it all

Revolver45
05-31-2009, 07:47 PM
c0TrZTB4yfc

says it all
Lol. I couldn't say that with a straight face either.

Yes he is overrated. He's a good player but not near what the media makes him out to be. And yes he is a crybaby.

GTS-t
05-31-2009, 07:53 PM
LOL at the haters in this thread.

Yeah the leader in goals and 2nd in points in the playoffs is overrated.

Detroit was very lucky to get a win tonight.

mrawdtsi
05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
Is a non factor against the Red Wings...

Kovalchuk
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM

He is severely overrated... a product of media hype that is nowhere near deserving.

He is the #2 centre on a team getting pounded in the finals... Yea definitely "The Next One." lol.

krazykarl
05-31-2009, 07:58 PM

where they lucky in game 1 too?

mrawdtsi
05-31-2009, 07:58 PM
He is severely overrated... a product of media hype that is nowhere near deserving.

He is the #2 centre on a team getting pounded in the finals... Yea definitely "The Next One." lol.

You must spread some reputation before giving it to Kovalchuk again...

Jyeatbvg
05-31-2009, 08:09 PM

You must spread some reputation before giving it to Kovalchuk again...
He's not overrated. There are only a few idiots thinking he's the next great one, and **** builds from that. Like Lebron, it's far too early in their careers to compare them to the greats, but I wouldn't be surprised if people started calling them the greatest in a decade or two.

And the #2 centre argument is weak. Not going to argue it cause I'm lazy.

hockeyislife9
05-31-2009, 08:16 PM

lucky? detroit dominated tonight. i didnt see luck anywhere. mark my words, this series will be lucky to get past 5 games

/2008-2009 NHL Season

mrawdtsi
05-31-2009, 08:17 PM
He's not overrated. There are only a few idiots thinking he's the next great one, and **** builds from that. Like Lebron, it's far too early in their careers to compare them to the greats, but I wouldn't be surprised if people started calling them the greatest in a decade or two.

And the #2 centre argument is weak. Not going to argue it cause I'm lazy.

Im not saying hes not a great player, especially someone talented to set the NHL record for youngest captain named..... But he is NOT what the media makes him out to be.

Hes nothing more than any other outstanding player on any other team.

Rabble
05-31-2009, 08:19 PM
Until he outscores his peers (Datsyuk, Malkin, Ovechkin) by 20-30 points, hes nothing more than a superstar.

He scored ten more points than Datsyuk but Datsyuk won a Selke. He was outscored by Ovechkin and Malkin.

Jyeatbvg
05-31-2009, 08:27 PM
Im not saying hes not a great player, especially someone talented to set the NHL record for youngest captain named..... But he is NOT what the media makes him out to be.

Hes nothing more than any other outstanding player on any other team.

Well I think he gets a lot of attention from the media because he's Sidney Crosby, not because he's the next great one.

I do agree however that the media needs to quit with Crosby for a bit and focus on players like Evgeni Malkin, who outplayed Crosby this year (and much better +/-) and is continuously shadowed by him.

Big7Ben86
05-31-2009, 08:28 PM
best player in the NHL, wait until game 3

Rabble
05-31-2009, 08:29 PM

Yeah, you're right, Datsyuk is playing in game three..

hockeyislife9
05-31-2009, 08:31 PM

malkin is better than crosby bro, so is ovechkin, datsyuk, zetterberg, etc, etc, etc

GTS-t
05-31-2009, 08:35 PM
where they lucky in game 1 too?

No they dersered to win that game from the parts I watched (I have about zero interest in this series, so I tune in when I can).

I'm not going to make excuses for pittsburgh, but the non hooking call on Hossa that lead to a goal was Bull**** and you Detroit fans know it. Then some guy I have never heard of hits a knuckle puck from almost the blue line and it goes in......yeah no luck involved there.

Detroit was out shout and outchanced this game (pittsburgh hit like what 3 inside of the posts). Not taking anything away from the win, I think they will win the cup.

InB4 more Detroit fans/

kethnaab
05-31-2009, 08:38 PM
oh, this **** again

the haters were real silent after Crosby scored 3 points and Ovechkin took the long walk home

the haters were real silent during the entire Carolina series when the Pens pounded the Hurricanes.

now, because Crosby and the Pens are going up against the best team in the last 3 decades (since the 80s Oilers), the haters suddenly get brave and come out of the woodworks

whatevah....

Blowsox13
05-31-2009, 08:39 PM
oh, this **** again

the haters were real silent after Crosby scored 3 points and Ovechkin took the long walk home

the haters were real silent during the entire Carolina series when the Pens pounded the Hurricanes.

now, because Crosby and the Pens are going up against the best team in the last 3 decades (since the 80s Oilers), the haters suddenly get brave and come out of the woodworks

whatevah....

When have i been silent on this issue?

JMath
05-31-2009, 08:41 PM
malkin is better than crosby bro, so is ovechkin, datsyuk, zetterberg, etc, etc, etc

As much as I dislike Crosby, I really disagree. I think Malkin may be a better goal scorer, but I think Crosby is better all around. He makes the players around him better moreso than Malkin does. Both are very good players though. Crosby is a little overrated, but I think it is more of how he is thrown in our face. This coming from a person that really dislikes Crosby.

Rabble
05-31-2009, 08:43 PM
oh, this **** again

whatevah....

Crosby would look just as ghostly against the Ducks. There are stark differences between the East and Western conferences. Most teams in the west play team defense, while the East's concept of defense is scoring.

Crosby and Malkin nearly have 30 points because of this, they fed on teams that play terrible defense.

JMath
05-31-2009, 08:44 PM
No they dersered to win that game from the parts I watched (I have about zero interest in this series, so I tune in when I can).

I'm not going to make excuses for pittsburgh, but the non hooking call on Hossa that lead to a goal was Bull**** and you Detroit fans know it. Then some guy I have never heard of hits a knuckle puck from almost the blue line and it goes in......yeah no luck involved there.

Detroit was out shout and outchanced this game (pittsburgh hit like what 3 inside of the posts). Not taking anything away from the win, I think they will win the cup.

InB4 more Detroit fans/

The fluke bounce of Stuart and into Detroit's net was luck too. Like it or not, luck matters. How many times does a team have to get "lucky" before you recognize it as more than just luck though? I mean really, 2/3 of our goals from game one could be seen as "luck". You act like the refs are calling every penalty against the Pens.

kethnaab
05-31-2009, 08:44 PM
When have i been silent on this issue?

since the Pens eliminated the Caps

Blowsox13
05-31-2009, 08:45 PM
since the Pens eliminated the Caps

Bull**** man if someone asked me a week or two ago if i thought Crosby was overrated i would have been like "**** yea and he is a pussy too".

Hyundai_Civic
05-31-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm (chemz) the first one who said this 5 years ago that Sid was overrated.

sid is the next great one?? what kind of retards would say such a thing????

hockeyislife9
05-31-2009, 08:50 PM
F1-aihcjH7Y

LMFAO!!!!! what a ***

Big7Ben86
05-31-2009, 08:53 PM
i thought the pens caps series showed ovechkin is a one dimensional player where as crosby takes over the game

we will see...

Rabble
05-31-2009, 08:55 PM
i thought the pens caps series showed ovechkin is a one dimensional player where as crosby takes over the game

we will see...

Ive yet to see the "Defensive" side of Crosby. Hes terrible in his own zone..

GTS-t
05-31-2009, 08:55 PM
The fluke bounce of Stuart and into Detroit's net was luck too. Like it or not, luck matters. How many times does a team have to get "lucky" before you recognize it as more than just luck though? I mean really, 2/3 of our goals from game one could be seen as "luck". You act like the refs are calling every penalty against the Pens.

Ugh you detroit fans don't stop, lol. I know luck matters I'm just saying it happened to be heavily in Detroits favour (Pen's 3 Post's). But seriously, you can't even argue the guy whos scored one NHL goal happens to hit a knuckle puck without even seeing the net and going in, isnt luck?

There has been like what, 6 penalties called all series (minus the end of the game stuff). I fail to see how you though that, lol. They have been calling that type of hook like that all year and way less, I'm just saying it's too bad it affected the out come of the game.

P.S. I am in no way a Pens fan, just commenting on other post's.

hockeyislife9
05-31-2009, 08:56 PM
Ugh you detroit fans don't stop, lol. I know luck matters I'm just saying it happened to be heavily in Detroits favour (Pen's 3 Post's). But seriously, you can't even argue the guy whos scored one NHL goal happens to hit a knuckle puck without even seeing the net and going in, isnt luck?

There has been like what, 6 penalties called all series (minus the end of the game stuff). I fail to see how you though that, lol. They have been calling that type of hook like that all year and way less, I'm just saying it's too bad it affected the out come of the game.

it wasnt luck at all, it was your goalie having his head stuck up his ass. that is a save you have to make, thats fluery's only problem, he will make the amazing saves and then let in all softies

JMath
05-31-2009, 09:00 PM

Luck has seemed to be on the Red Wings side the past two years. You want to talk about the lack of calls affecting a game... let's see if Malkin is suspended next game for instigating a fight at the end of the game. Plenty of calls were missed in both games against both teams. If some of the calls were made against the Pens that were not called, the Wings may have completely blown them out. At least the refs have been pretty consistant with their lack of calls thus far.

kbeezy
05-31-2009, 09:54 PM
thing that is messin up the pens right now is malkin and his selfish plays thats why they are not going to win the cup

JMath
05-31-2009, 09:59 PM
thing that is messin up the pens right now is malkin and his selfish plays thats why they are not going to win the cup

They wouldn't have won anyway. There only 2 goals of the series were because of him. The first one being his takeaway in the zone, shot and the rebound from it. And the second being his goal tonight. Malkin seems to be playing a decent series in my opinion.

zoldos
05-31-2009, 10:04 PM
hesa lil bitch

kethnaab
05-31-2009, 10:06 PM
Bull**** man if someone asked me a week or two ago if i thought Crosby was overrated i would have been like "**** yea and he is a pussy too".

my point was that you (and several others) were making threads and trumpeting to the bb.com sports section about Crosby, and the threads went silent the moment Ovechkin was sent to the couch, and they didn't start back up again until now, when the Pens are playing the best team in the NHL.

WerenotScared
05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
I am a Wings fan, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pens take the next two at home.

Anyone else enjoy watching Darren Helm? Dude is quick.

JMath
05-31-2009, 10:34 PM
I am a Wings fan, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pens take the next two at home.

Anyone else enjoy watching Darren Helm? Dude is quick.

I see them winning the next one at home, than the Wings taking the next two. I was very worried coming into this series and expected at least 6 games, but Osgood has played great and the team as a whole has managed to pull out the wins.

GTS-t
05-31-2009, 11:09 PM
it wasnt luck at all, it was your goalie having his head stuck up his ass. that is a save you have to make, thats fluery's only problem, he will make the amazing saves and then let in all softies

MY goalie, I haven't cheered for pittsburgh once in this playoff's what makes you think I'm starting now, I could care less who wins.

He didn't have his head up his ass, I just finished watching a replay, the thing was a damn curveball, no goalie could have stopped that.

To JMath, the league has already adressed it, no suspension for obvious reasons.

JMath
05-31-2009, 11:39 PM
MY goalie, I haven't cheered for pittsburgh once in this playoff's what makes you think I'm starting now, I could care less who wins.

He didn't have his head up his ass, I just finished watching a replay, the thing was a damn curveball, no goalie could have stopped that.

To JMath, the league has already adressed it, no suspension for obvious reasons.

What are the obvious reasons? Because the Pens are down 2-0 and he is one of their best players? I never liked this rule to begin with, but if you have it, I guess you have to enforce it... even with the stars of the league. If it was Sean Avery, guess what would have happened.

Just curious, who is the team that you do root for? I don't mean in the series, I mean in general.

Mac_xX
06-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Crosby = 28 points, still in the playoffs.

Ovi = .....golfing?

Malkin = just plain awesome

PatrickBateman1
06-01-2009, 01:02 AM

Lmfao. Oh please. Detroit is loaded with superstars. The pens have two. It's not like Crosby is going to "unleash hell" on the wings and score 6 goals in a game. Detroit is just plain better.

Not to mention we have been playing without our best player and the number 3 point scorer in the league.

Kovalchuk
06-01-2009, 05:07 AM
oh, this **** again

whatevah....

I have been here all along.

Interesting Fact: NHL.com has always listed the player with the most points on their front page first... followed by a picture. The player with the most goals second... followed by a picture. Third the goalie with the most wins... followed by a picture.

When Sidney Crosby had the most goals but NOT the most points... this accidentally switched. For the first time in 5 years Crosby was first because he was the "goals leader."

It's little propoganda like this that pisses me off. Or how about the nhl.com article "Crosby feisty after Game 1"

Feisty??? Is that what you call somebody who doesn't show up??? I'm confused... It just gets tiresome after a while. The media is trying to force-feed fans something.. but we aren't idiots. We can see he is not the best.

kethnaab
06-01-2009, 05:35 AM
The media is trying to force-feed fans something.. but we aren't idiots. We can see he is not the best.

so hate the player because you allow media propaganda to annoy you? it sure as hell isn't his choice that all this happens. Dude's had a damn target painted on his back since he came into the league.

heidt410
06-01-2009, 05:47 AM
So that's why every NHL great says Crosby is a great player... :confused:

Michigan... lol

kevin128
06-01-2009, 09:05 AM
Malkin is a lot better then Crosby, those that disagree are forgetting about 2 years ago when the pens were among the lowest teams in the league, then Crosby got hurt for 30 games, then Malkin took over and pretty much single handily put them in the playoffs.

im not saying Crosby sucks, just isn't the best in the league.

also its funny how Ovie has been out since round 2, and he still has 3rd best points and goals for the playoffs.

kevin128
06-01-2009, 09:07 AM
So that's why every NHL great says Crosby is a great player... :confused:

Michigan... lol

Gretzky said Ovechkin will beat his 80+goal season... doesn't mean its true.

PatrickBateman1
06-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Malkin is a lot better then Crosby, those that disagree are forgetting about 2 years ago when the pens were among the lowest teams in the league, then Crosby got hurt for 30 games, then Malkin took over and pretty much single handily put them in the playoffs.

im not saying Crosby sucks, just isn't the best in the league.

also its funny how Ovie has been out since round 2, and he still has 3rd best points and goals for the playoffs.

I agree on Malkin for sure. Crosby might be a little bit better of a goal scorer (right now) but Malkin is a better overall player IMO.

I was pretty impressed with him going after Zetterberg tonight (and I'm a Wings fan). That's a big change from a year ago. He's a tough kid and has a lot ahead of him.

And Ovi is a nutcase. Cracks me the hell up. Love watching him play.

kethnaab
06-01-2009, 09:40 AM
Gretzky said Ovechkin will beat his 80+goal season... doesn't mean its true.

92 goals, actually

just sayin....

Stud-Inc.
06-01-2009, 09:41 AM
Last 2 nights crosby dominated by Zetterburg / Red Wings game plan

Penguins need Malkin to take over if they have any chance.

El Gilbro
06-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Crosby suffers from Eli Manning syndrome. The media hyped him up to a level where you now have unrelenting haters vs. unrelenting supporters with very few people in between.

Regardless of how much he is hated, I don't think there's any team in the league that would turn down his services.

Mac_xX
06-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Crosby suffers from Eli Manning syndrome. The media hyped him up to a level where you now have unrelenting haters vs. unrelenting supporters with very few people in between.

Regardless of how much he is hated, I don't think there's any team in the league that would turn down his services.

This. He's definitely in the top 3 best players in the league, but year by year the placement of those 3 changes dramatically. This year it was definitely 1.Ovi 2.Malkin 3. Crosby, but 2 years ago (cause syd was injured for a while last season) it was 1. Crosby 2. Ovi 3. Malkin (maybe not even him, considering he only got like 80 points or something).

Greg1983
06-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Crosby's not overrated. That team as a whole is, though. As is any team in the East that people thought had a shot at the Cup.

thomashenry
06-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Crosby's not overrated. That team as a whole is, though. As is any team in the East that people thought had a shot at the Cup. Now thats Honest, I agree, Sidney Crosby is a spectacular young player, I was there last nite and the Dude has got something extra, that quick wrister on Ozzy in the 3rd, where he blew around the Defense, he is very good he does not have the surrounding cast though ala Gretzky, Yzerman, and he is not Yet in the same league as his owner, I think he would have a little less room if Datsuyk was in though + he has to work on D against Hank Z, Put a Winged Wheel on Him and cut him loose, wouldn`t that be something

kevin128
06-01-2009, 12:06 PM
4wqR17KrLKw

lost respect for crosby this year alot. not just because of that but he cant handle loosing, when his team was in a slump his whole character changed, he became a cry baby and through many cheap shots when he "fought"

till this year he used to be one my favorite players.

ESPforMe
06-01-2009, 12:26 PM
It's not so much that Crosby is over-rated..... more so that Zetterberg is highly under-rated. The dude can score with anyone but he's really great at taking on the other teams best player one on one.

Lost_it_to_a_9
06-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Bylsma needs to put Crosby and Malkin ON THE SAME LINE...

Guys like Maxim Talbot and Matt Cooke are not players that Detroit needs to worry about, thats why they double team crosby and malkin and those 2 whole lines are shut down, and Detroit easily wins the 3rd/4th line battle, which is how they won their first 2 games...

By putting Malkin and Crosby together (5 on 5, not just powerplay), Detroit cannot afford to put 2 guys on 1 of their players because it would create a lot of space for either Crosby or Malkin... hence giving pittsburgh a real shot at this...

Rabble
06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
This. He's definitely in the top 3 best players in the league, but year by year the placement of those 3 changes dramatically. This year it was definitely 1.Ovi 2.Malkin 3. Crosby, but 2 years ago (cause syd was injured for a while last season) it was 1. Crosby 2. Ovi 3. Malkin (maybe not even him, considering he only got like 80 points or something).

Crosby scored 10 more points than Datsyuk but he won/will win another Selke.

Pearson and MVP candidates:

1. Ovechkin
2. Malkin
3. Datsyuk

Crosby's name is missing for a reason.