PDA

View Full Version : help with motivation

drbigknuckles
05-28-2009, 07:52 PM
i been working out about 2 months now. and not seeing much change in body shape or muscle build. i go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week for about 1hr. i have lost about 5 lbs. i try eating a good diet (have my cheat days) am i doing something wrong or am i just jumping the gun and not pushing myself hard enough? should i cut down more on my diet by not cheating on meals or drinking beer?

darkartist81
05-28-2009, 10:13 PM
There could be something you might be doing wrong diet wise or you might not be pushing hard enough at the gym.

For diet, I think it is imperative that you join a calorie counting website or count them yourself. Doing this will help you to understand what you are putting in your body, the fat and carb content of the food, and how much protein your body is getting. Fitday.com works great for me, it really helped me get my diet serious for once.

Beer could be causing you trouble, depending on how much you drink and whether or not it is a light beer or not. You could be eating the wrong things, who knows? Definitely join a site and find out for sure, it will help you out a lot. I promise.

And limit the cheat days as much as you can. Cheat no more than once a week, but try for once every other week if you can. It might be the edge you need. And if you do cheat, don't cheat to the point to where you have set yourself back a week.

As for the workout, maybe you need to change it up a bit. Ramp up the intensity on the treadmill, change your weights routine and add more intensity. That should help in the end.

drbigknuckles
06-01-2009, 08:55 PM
ok i will take your advice and join fitday. thanks alot for your imput. i will have to change some things up a little bit. maby ill notice after a few weeks if im doing any better at my new plan.

Human710
03-27-2010, 03:04 AM
Thank you I have read this and smiled and it has really made me think