PDA

View Full Version : Bourbon Chicken w/ rice and veggies?

RUfootballDE
05-27-2009, 12:01 PM
So this cleaner lifestyle has left me craving all kinds of foods, and one of them is chinese. I know chinese isn't the healthiest of foods, but would bourbon chicken with rice and veggies be alright? Would this be a cheat meal?

sunngodd
05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
It's only a cheat if it causes you to go over your caloric intake for the day.

Looks to me like a normal dinner, unless you're going to the buffet and getting 3 plates.

Dr. Horse
05-27-2009, 12:06 PM
So this cleaner lifestyle has left me craving all kinds of foods, and one of them is chinese. I know chinese isn't the healthiest of foods, but would bourbon chicken with rice and veggies be alright?

Alright for what?

Would this be a cheat meal?

What does that mean?

YoungEx20
05-27-2009, 12:07 PM
Bourbon Chicken tastes SO dang good LOL. Throw a little sesame oil on top for some healthy fats and added richness and it's like magic. Work it into your macros and cals and it's fine.

xerxes333
05-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't bourbon chicken a Cajun style meal, not Chinese? :)

Anyways, I would say as long as you remain in your caloric intake range you should be OK. The biggest problem with them meal (based on my personal assumptions and no scientific evidence) would be the sauce the chicken is cooked in. It is likely high in both salt and sugar both of which can increase weight gain. Also the veggies are probably slathered in butter and salt as well. The reason these dishes taste so damn good is because they have a bunch of additives. As long as you're not eating it every night for dinner you should be OK.

NDame616
05-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Stats: 6'2", 230 lbs

And it appears you're a football player.....

Ummmm I think you can handle that meal regardless of if it's a cheat or not!

Blindead
05-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't bourbon chicken a Cajun style meal, not Chinese? :)

Anyways, I would say as long as you remain in your caloric intake range you should be OK. The biggest problem with them meal (based on my personal assumptions and no scientific evidence) would be the sauce the chicken is cooked in. It is likely high in both salt and sugar both of which can increase weight gain. Also the veggies are probably slathered in butter and salt as well. The reason these dishes taste so damn good is because they have a bunch of additives. As long as you're not eating it every night for dinner you should be OK.

It's from New Orleans but it's served in both Cajun and Chinese restaurants.

gunit00
05-27-2009, 04:21 PM
It's from New Orleans but it's served in both Cajun and Chinese restaurants.

It's from New Orleans my ass, it's just msg and blackened chicken with a hint a magical mystery sauce. Classic mall food.

Blindead
05-27-2009, 04:22 PM
It's from New Orleans my ass, it's just msg and blackened chicken with a hint a magical mystery sauce. Classic mall food.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u115/rcbaker87/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

RUfootballDE
05-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Stats: 6'2", 230 lbs

And it appears you're a football player.....

Ummmm I think you can handle that meal regardless of if it's a cheat or not!

Haha, true, but I'm trying to get this fat off. First goal I'm shooting for is 215lbs by the end of summer. If I do better, great, but that's my goal

Thanks for all the help guys, I ended up getting that for dinner, and it was good