PDA

View Full Version : Losing motivation quickly

Jentx30
05-27-2009, 06:07 AM
I have always dreamed of being muscular and lately I've wanted to compete one day. However, no one around me supports this including my husband as he finds muscular women unattractive. This makes it hard to keep motivated. I have also lifted for years but I never seem to make progress. I can't seem to gain strength. I need a trainer but can't afford one. Is there a book or something that I can get to "teach" me how to train and eat in order to compete. I really want to do this but right now I just feel unmovtivated because I feel lost like I don't know what I'm doing. Thanks.

slvrwolf1
05-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Hi
I keep my motivation up by searching out competitions on here. right now I am in the OBF competition and before that I was in the LG Sciences competition and that helps keep me going because there are others on there helping keep you going and holding you accountable by seeing your pictures. There are plenty of articles to search for also. The best way I found is eat every couple hours and try to get protein and fibrous carbs in every time. My diet is usually protein shake in morning, 2nd meal oats, 3rd meal i get in more protein and carbs with chicken and broc**** and so on thru out the day. As far as lifting the body for life works good. Search bodyforlife dot com and also search on her for the 5x5 method is good for gains. I hope this helps. I am just leaning myself and getting in shape but this is where I started.

medjen
05-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Head over to the competition forums. They are pretty knowledgeable over there and someone might have some good suggestions for you.

ryux999
05-27-2009, 12:35 PM
kinda unrelated but i think ur height for a girl is perfect.

stevep78
04-18-2010, 07:52 PM
I have always dreamed of being muscular and lately I've wanted to compete one day. However, no one around me supports this including my husband as he finds muscular women unattractive. This makes it hard to keep motivated. I have also lifted for years but I never seem to make progress. I can't seem to gain strength. I need a trainer but can't afford one. Is there a book or something that I can get to "teach" me how to train and eat in order to compete. I really want to do this but right now I just feel unmovtivated because I feel lost like I don't know what I'm doing. Thanks.

The 1st thing you have to do is forget about how anyone else views what you want to do or how you want to look, it's your life and your decision to be built in any way you wish. So go for it, if people don't like it, so be it..

Go for your goal, get on stage and take one to tha house!

aelunyu
04-19-2010, 03:50 AM
I think it's great you've had these aspirations for such a long time. When it comes to books, it's really hard to find ones without agenda...someone's always pimping their own methods over others to try to sell their big idea. You must realize that every article or book claims to be scientifically sound, and most of them are. The truth is that modern medicine and science knows and cares very little about advanced muscle building in the great scheme of things.

It would seem that bodybuilding is a journey we must each take on as our own at some point. That is...to build the ultimate connection to your body and understand it to the most minimal detail. Once you establish this, I think the rate at which you improve will surprise even you.

If you really want literature, I believe one of the first and most honest books I've read about bodybuilding is called "Championship Bodybuilding" by Chris Aceto...who is a very well known trainer and nutritionist in the field. Hope this helps!