PDA

View Full Version : L-carnitine wich kind should I take?

matt_marozick
05-25-2009, 09:29 PM
I want to suppliment carnitine but there are like 5 diffrent kinds. what kind should i take. for example aceyl L- carnitine. L carnitine. and there is a whole bunch of diffrent ones.

Blindead
05-25-2009, 10:16 PM
for fat loss? it's not very effective for fat loss due to poor oral bioavailability. alcar is good for other things though.

soulburn
05-25-2009, 11:13 PM
it didn't work for me, so probably not gonna buy another l-carnitine product.

everyone is different but never heard a positive comment about l-carnitine too.

you're 18 and don't need any supplements. just eat clean and lift. i'm sure it'll work out for you like most of the others.

no offence please, i'm just against the idea of taking supplements at that age, other than whey protein.

have a nice day.

Blindead
05-25-2009, 11:15 PM
it didn't work for me, so probably not gonna buy another l-carnitine product.

everyone is different but never heard a positive comment about l-carnitine too.

you're 18 and don't need any supplements. just eat clean and lift. i'm sure it'll work out for you like most of the others.

no offence please, i'm just against the idea of taking supplements at that age, other than whey protein.

have a nice day.

I hear these sentiments so often but I've yet to see anyone support it with anything but misguided logic or their opinions instead of providing any actual reasoning to avoid supplements as a teenager.

Nefariousx1
05-25-2009, 11:20 PM
OP what are your goals? that can help us with trying to recommend the best type

soulburn
05-25-2009, 11:20 PM
I didn't mean, it's bad for your health, stay away from it etc.

I just think that, a 18 year-old dude has a metabolism to achieve anything without the help of any supplement such as l-carnitine.

About l-carnitine still think that it doesn't help a lot. Oh well, may be it helps in a negligible % .

Synny
05-25-2009, 11:33 PM
instead of telling him what to do, why dont you guys actually answer his question

Acetyl L-carnitine is the best stuff

Blindead
05-25-2009, 11:49 PM
instead of telling him what to do, why dont you guys actually answer his question

I already told him alcar is good but l-carnitine in general is ****ty for fat loss unless injected (i think it's injection that's okay).

SumDumGoi
05-25-2009, 11:58 PM

Your body's ability to undergo fat metabolism is not limited by Carnitine. This supplement has a theoretical basis that unfortunately doesn't work in real world application. In short, it is useless to supplement with carnitine.

in10city
05-26-2009, 11:29 AM
I want to suppliment carnitine but there are like 5 diffrent kinds. what kind should i take. for example aceyl L- carnitine. L carnitine. and there is a whole bunch of diffrent ones.
Why? Under normal conditions, daily L-Carnitine needs are met by diet and by biosynthesis.

Different forms have different functions - ergogenic and otherwise - and the question would be moot unless you are just spinning the wheel for the sake of picking "something".