PDA

View Full Version : I'm hitting plateau ... = (

kiddomarc
05-25-2009, 08:34 PM
Hello folks, I've been on this same weight, same waste size for the last 2 weeks... i dunno what i'm doing wrong.

I'm doing 60 mins cardio every other day, burning around 620 cals...

Below is my diet, I'm cutting coz, i wanna get rid of the underlying fat line below my belly and get rid of little more love handle and hopefully a six pack.

My diet...

Breakfast: (190 calories - 19g protein - 14g carbo - 5g fiber)
Fat Free Milk and Kellogg's Protein Plus Cereal

Snack: (100 calories - 5g protein - 20g carbo - 14g sugar)
Yoplait Light Strawberry Yogurt

Lunch: (360 calories - 24g protein - 46g carbo - 9g fat - 4g fiber - 3g sugar)
Whole Wheat Bread and Tyson fully cooked Chicken Breast Fillet

Snack: (100 calories - 5g protein - 20g carbo - 14g sugar)
Yoplait Light Strawberry Yogurt

Dinner: (260 calories - 20g protein - 5g carbo - 232.2mg potassium - 3g sugar - 4g fat)
Romaine Lettuce with 3oz. chicken strips and Vinaigrette / Fat Free Ranch dressing

Snack: (90 calories - 1.7g protein - 21.7g carbo - 17.2g sugar - 4.4g fiber - 333mg potassium)
2 pcs of oranges

Before Bed Snack: (260 calories - 20g protein - 5g carbo - 232.2mg potassium - 3g sugar - 4g fat)
Romaine Lettuce with 3oz. chicken strips and Vinaigrette / Fat Free Ranch dressing

Total of 1360 calories.
My BMI is 21.7

I'm a really small guy. i'm only 5'0 and 111lbs. thanks!

Thanks helpful folks! any input would be very much appreciated!

str8savage
05-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Your calories are way too freakin low (even for a small dude).

IEatPowerRacks
05-25-2009, 08:40 PM
You should start eating more before you cut your weight.

kiddomarc
05-25-2009, 08:51 PM
but actually, the problem is, if i raise my calories, i bloat, i mean... i feel slower and heavier...

you were saying i'm not losing weight now coz i'm eating very few calories?

RapidFiyah
05-25-2009, 08:53 PM
but actually, the problem is, if i raise my calories, i bloat, i mean... i feel slower and heavier...

you were saying i'm not losing weight now coz i'm eating very few calories?This isn't a matter of losing weight.

This is a matter of your overall health and well being, what you're doing is not good for you.

Too low calories and low fat, it's not a good combination and you're putting your body in starvation mode.

kiddomarc
05-25-2009, 08:56 PM
thanks rapid for the reply... i'm glad people like you are replying... so i should eat more? but... i easily gain weight and my belly gets inflated as soon as start eating more.

papasmurf2217
05-25-2009, 09:13 PM
yeah you're definitely eating way too little even at your height and weight. you should increase your calories by ~200 and go from there.

jkastil223
05-25-2009, 09:36 PM
like everyone else said eat more, plus that is a ton of cardio, you are burning muscle. you should be lifting and then do about 30 min of moderate level cardio

kiddomarc
05-27-2009, 03:52 PM
like everyone else said eat more, plus that is a ton of cardio, you are burning muscle. you should be lifting and then do about 30 min of moderate level cardio

wow, thanks for the help bro! this is why i'm here in this forum! thanks so much! i didnt know 60 mins of cardio burns muscles!!

Blindead
05-27-2009, 03:53 PM
fat...below your stomach? huh? i've been bulking since august so i'm starting to get a paunch but I still have those lines that run towards the inside of your legs. dunno what they're called.

IEatPowerRacks
05-27-2009, 03:55 PM
yeah you're definitely eating way too little even at your height and weight. you should increase your calories by ~200 and go from there.

Bingo. Once your metabolism starts speeding up, you can start cutting again at a higher caloric intake. I'd also suggest HIIT because it's been proven more effective than low intensity cardio for burning fat.

kiddomarc
05-27-2009, 03:58 PM

i'm starting really slow on lifting part.. my body is hurting right now as i type this hehe.

kiddomarc
05-27-2009, 03:59 PM
fat...below your stomach? huh? i've been bulking since august so i'm starting to get a paunch but I still have those lines that run towards the inside of your legs. dunno what they're called.

line, below the belly i mean... one that separates your upper body from your lower body. i hope you get what i mean... hmmm... its the one below the belly button fat line

kiddomarc
05-27-2009, 04:01 PM
Bingo. Once your metabolism starts speeding up, you can start cutting again at a higher caloric intake. I'd also suggest HIIT because it's been proven more effective than low intensity cardio for burning fat.

is there a link that can really name the specific duration and kind of exercise to follow for HIIT? there are like millions of combinations, and i dont know what really works the most.

belairdfence99
05-27-2009, 04:47 PM
You eat like, and less than, a small 13 year old girl
Solution: MORE FOOD

kiddomarc
05-29-2009, 12:31 AM
hehe okay fine.. i'll eat more. though i know i'll feel slower and heavier again...

Simmo0508
05-29-2009, 01:28 AM
Definitely eat more bro.

Your daily total equals just one of my meals lol

Dr. Horse
05-29-2009, 01:37 AM
Definitely eat more bro.

Your daily total equals just one of my meals lol

And you are a foot taller and weigh more than twice as much.

And his goal is to lose weight, not gain it (not that I necessarily agree with that goal).

kiddomarc
05-29-2009, 02:30 AM
And you are a foot taller and weigh more than twice as much.

And his goal is to lose weight, not gain it (not that I necessarily agree with that goal).

exactly! but hey, hmmm... you mean i'm doing the right thing if i'm trying to lose weight? actually, i'm not trying to lose weight, i wanna lose fat.

Dr. Horse
05-29-2009, 02:57 AM
exactly! but hey, hmmm... you mean i'm doing the right thing if i'm trying to lose weight? actually, i'm not trying to lose weight, i wanna lose fat.

Do you want to gain muscle as well? If so then I would recommend eating sensibly (i.e. according to hunger) and work on resistance training. Add a bit of muscle and that fat (there can't be much) may lessen.

dimasso69
05-29-2009, 03:50 AM
This isn't a matter of losing weight.

This is a matter of your overall health and well being, what you're doing is not good for you.

Too low calories and low fat, it's not a good combination and you're putting your body in starvation mode.

What's your definition of starvation mode?

Do you want to gain muscle as well? If so then I would recommend eating sensibly (i.e. according to hunger) and work on resistance training. Add a bit of muscle and that fat (there can't be much) may lessen.

Yeahh OP IMO work on putting on clean muscle mass, bulk up a bit, see if like the results, your overall bodyfat percentage can go down if u limit the fat gain and do it right:)..though if u really wanna just "cut" first then id up the cals to at least 1500cals with that amount of cardio.

kiddomarc
05-29-2009, 10:44 PM

actually, with my pretty small structure, i was thinking of just removing the fat... i dont really wanna have huge muscles coz i might look kinda stupid with it..

kiddomarc
05-30-2009, 03:47 PM
okay so i sorta revised my diet, and taking consideration the balance of protein, carbs and fats as i read from http://www.leehayward.com/howmanycal.htm

kindly let me know if i'm eating too much of this, or eat more of this kinda thing. i would really appreciate it!

take note though, I'm a very small/short guy: 5'0" weighing: 113lbs. sex: male

this diet + 60 minute cardio every other day:

Breakfast: 7:30AM
Fat Free Milk
Kellogg's Protein Plus Cereal

Snack: 10:00AM
Activia - Yogurt
Roasted Almonds

Lunch: 12:00PM
Whole Wheat Bread
Lean Chicken Breast

Snack: 4PM