PDA

View Full Version : Now that I've lost 90lbs... how to perfect my body...

a_ahmed
05-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey guys, it's really hard for me to break down or split up or talk little when I don't post often... so I have the urge to post with alot of thoughts and I thought I'd create a thread...

I made a thread in all out confusion and frustration at one point about half a+ year ago. If I recall I was 240ish when I made that thread. I mostly read and don't post much.

Long story short after getting married and getting a real job I gave up on myself and let it go on until I hit 290lbs... when that happened I said enough is enough.

Junk food, chocolate, sugars, sweets, chips, pop drinks, all that had to go. Thank God..

I juggled back and forth in ignorance doing weights, running on a threadmill I bought and doing p90x, eventually around the time I posted the thread also hip hop abs and ten minute trainer.

All I knew best (before marriage) was doing martial arts. The 'weight training' I did was mindless and without understanding back in high school and college... so honestly from that time that I posted my first thread until now is when I really learned how to do weights...

From october last year I juggled from a high 240 down to a 236 in the beginning of the year... I also gradually became stronger. I say 236lbs because from beginning of January until March I got rid of that 36lbs...

Becoming fat and careless also made me lose alot of muscle mass, sometimes I starved myself COMPLETELY thinking it would make me lose weight... but somehow I just kept getting fatter and weaker (muscle went bye bye). So what happened I began from 15lbs dumbell curls... really girly damn.

I can happily say now... only about a week ago I got some 50lbs dumbells and began working it... thank God. I worked my way up pound by pound.

What I did I cut on pasta, rice, breads, noodles, all kinds of things that spell carb, even fruits... (they sure are natural but too much of a good thing sucks too).

Why I decided to post now is that I've hit a sort of plateau (I think?).. and I want people to advise me here, I want to take a new and better direction having come this far.

I also am not exactly rich so consuming protein supplements is hurting my wallet.

Basically what I began doing since january with weight workouts (1-2 hour every two days) was... drink protein supplement morning, drink at work (evenly spaced out say every 2-3 hours) two portions of protein supplements, if it was a workout day, after work out consume protein drink.. and when going to sleep consumme protein drink. In between I'd eat some salad in a box (while at work).... at home I'd also eat 2-3 (sometimes 4) pieces of chicken (big leg/wing/breast combination) and/or 2-3 equally sized portions of fish. Sometimes I'd also take a sandwich with tuna and salad leaves in it. Sometimes I'd also have an apple in my lunch box.

This has been my diet until now... the only thing I've changed is I've cut even more on carby things...... and increased my protein intake... but it's costing me money.. lol..

Also since last week for the first time (understanding it) I began creatine... I used to believe it would enlarge my fat cells so I feared it...

Every two days I workout my upper body, a few moves for the legs and abs.... In between sometimes I do some running or p90x cardio... on and off...sometimes if I have tons of energy before or after few hours in between I do either of these cardio activities on a weights day, but I may not do sometimes anything in between the two weight days.

I think I've hit a plateau... or at least things seem to have slowed down seriously... the only thing I've introduced that seems to have gotten things moving again is nitrovol... this combined with creatine made me animalistic.... I heard the hype about prime muscle so I bought that as well.. but it doesn't seem to quite kick it in for me... or I'm just psychologically thinking about it.

I only experienced the ear tingling sensation with 2.5 scoops of it + 1 nitrovol pill.. I'm scared to take more... I don't know what it may do to me... or is it just that I'm bigger and need more? I varry between 200-205lbs lately... I hit 199lbs a few weeks back but I think I put on some muscle mass (fat around waist seems to have went down...)

I seem to be losing fat but I'm not so sure when I look in the mirror... I am almost size 34 which is nice... as I hit 36 about a month ago... I want to lose it faster... I still have a belly albeit very small but annoying....

Sorry for the rant but I thought I'd kick it off...

What really anoys me is that the fat is not coming off as fast as I think its going... I must be doing something wrong... I think it's in my diet... so I need advice... also money-wise... proteins cost crazy.. I really like the isoflex chocolate protein supplement and I can feel it instantly after I feel my body/muscles crave for it... but I can't be consumming so much protein scoops lol... I get the 5lbs tub but damn...

I've also become obsessed/fearful of anything carb...

I have motivation to keep going ALOT OF IT.. I've gone LONG ways going from 290lbs... but... I need guidance to go the extra step here....

I will be beginning martial arts twice a week (went the other Wednesday) where I used to train... did good considering last time I trained was end of 2005... so I'm hoping it'll help in the fat loss department further...

medjen
05-26-2009, 06:55 AM
So what's your actual question?

a_ahmed
05-26-2009, 08:50 AM
So what's your actual question?

I am wondering if anything what may be slowing down further progress? Losing fat and gaining muscle.

My diet consists of mostly the following

1st morning meal: either glass of protein or cereal with protein scoop
2nd meal: protein drink
3rd protein drink maybe some salad between 2nd and 3rd meal.
4th meal chicken or fish
5th meal chicken or fish
6th before bed rarely anything but most definetely a cup of protein drink.

the 2nd-3rd meal consists of sometimes also an apple somewhere in there and sometimes i take a few pieces of chicken or fish as well. I try to break it down to every 3 hours but its sometimes 2 hours sometimes 4 hours depending on work load.... i am at work for a good 8 hours...

I do one day weights one day rest then one day weights, sometimes when i feel drained is when i take that extra day off.

I've been 200-205 for the last month.. its really come to a slow.. prior to that the weight kept going down and down and down... now its kind of at a stale, and if not, its become very slow progress.

My weights day consist of 3 sets of a variety of upper body exercises takes me an hour to two hours to do at a descent pace.

My cardio is either threadmill or p90x cardio... i either do it on the days in between the weights or.. sometimes on the same day as weights but i am not then do anything on the day in between.

What do I change up?

I started using creatine a week+ ago... I always take allamx isoflex chocolate protein (my favourite)... and i recently tried nitrovol (4pills prior to work out) and it really pumps me up and i could see the veins too... now though started muscleprime.. does make me energetic but its a different feeling (no veins popping out like nitrovol...). If I take 2.5 scoops + 1 pill of nitrovol then my veins popout... and it was first time i got ear tingling feeling.

I had a bottle of hydroxycut hardcore (black bottle) but i threw it out just the other day (havent used in months) after hearing its been pulled off shelves due to liver or was it kidney damage... so no go for that. Any supplements for long term hardcore fat loss that I should consider lol?

Advices to motivate me to go forward :(

medjen
05-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Please try to shorten your posts. It makes it hard to pick out what the important info is when there is so much to read at once.

So this isn't really a motivation question, but a "why have I plateaued" question, then.

Are you tracking your calorie intake? It's hard to know what advice to give if we don't know how much your eating. What are your macros? (Ratio of protein/carbs/fat) How much protein are you getting? General recommendations are to get around 1-1.5g of protein/lb of body weight. There are websites like fitday, calorieking and sparkpeople that have easy, online calorie trackers.

Aside from a stall in weight loss, is your body changing? Are your clothes fitting differently? Do you look different in the mirror? Have you had your body fat tested and has it gone down? Have your measurements changed? The number on the scale is not the only measure of progress. Muscle is more dense than fat so 1 lb of muscle will take up less room than 1 lb of fat. So, the scale might stay the same but you would start to look "smaller."

Make sense?

a_ahmed
05-28-2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the response buddy.

I managed to get to 199lbs this morning woohoo... I haven't worked out in 3 days. Yesterday I felt horrible I don't know what was with me... I could barely force myself to eat :S

Anyways... that aside.. I'm going to probably run tonight and do weights tomorrow morning....

My wife keeps telling me I'm losing tons of fat but sometimes its so confusing.. yeah I know not to trust the scale but its hard to motivate yourself sometimes in this respect... when I look at myself in the mirror because I STILL see the fact I doubt myself if I am progressing sometimes but I guess I am...

I want to start calculating calories and organize for myself a plan... I am VERY disciplined... so that shouldn't be too hard as long as things don't come in my way to stop me...

I saw a bunch of people posting what looked like excel spreadsheet or some kind of program that had drop down lists with foods, calculations and other things... I am new to all this fancy stuff could you guide me in that... then I should be able to break down a list and make a strict enough monitored daily food intake plan, log everything and see the results in action hopefully...

I took some pictures a couple of days ago and I'll take some pictures again to see progress down the line so I don't deceive my own eyes.

Another off topic thing... Since I used to be so huge... I got stretch marks on my arms and stomach areas... also my stomach on the bottom slightly has skin hanging as I've been losing and losing weight.. it really pisses me off/bothers me... I hope this kind of thing is not permanent :( I got a butter cream of sorts as its called from a shopper's drugmart... apparently it has vitamin E and elasticine (sp?) and some other things... advice on this please?

casticonstantinescu
05-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Have you got to the point where you're counting your calories? I'm curious to what the exact number you're taking in is. You haven't made a reference to this yet, and maybe it's time for you to setup with fitday.com, a measuring cup, and a food scale.

Where I'm getting at is one of two things:

1) Either you've been on the diet for too long and you need a week off to just eat whatever and shock your metabolism

OR more likely

2) You just need to calculate the BMR again for a 199 lb. person, and adjust the calories and try sticking to that for 2-3 weeks with keeping the food log. If you can do 3-6 lbs in these 3 weeks, readjust the calorie count, and keep going.

Good luck! Would love to see some progress pics of the 50 lbs you've lost so far!

Edit:

Another off topic thing... Since I used to be so huge... I got stretch marks on my arms and stomach areas... also my stomach on the bottom slightly has skin hanging as I've been losing and losing weight.. it really pisses me off/bothers me... I hope this kind of thing is not permanent

Not permanent at all. Focus on the first goal, and after a few months to a few years your skin will start to tighten up. Also, once you reach your target bodyfat percentage, clean bulk and that muscle will fill in that skin. A few cycles of this and it'll totally be back to normal.

a_ahmed
05-28-2009, 06:37 PM
I was going to post pictures but i cant post pictures i have 15 posts, need 30 posts...

a_ahmed
05-28-2009, 06:38 PM
To build up posts haha...

It was 90lbs not 50lbs that I lost haha :D... It's just too bad I never took shirtless pics for comparison....... you can tell by my face and overall size though...

I still have too much fat :( And the hanging skin makes it look even more that's what deceives me at times I really hate it. I don't go around shirtless for people except my wife lol so i dont care but just for myself it bothers me. Overall though I'm happy gone this far... long ways to go though.

a_ahmed
05-28-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm taking forever to get to 30 posts lol...

To continue on before i get the chance to post pics :D

I don't know how significant it will appear in the pictures.. as I still have long ways to go.. but losing 90lbs.... trust me... being able to find cloths and actually fitting now in medium and large stuff ... feels good. thank God...

a_ahmed
05-28-2009, 06:53 PM
It's been a long time since I could see my abs......

I want to look and feel good for myself and my wife. I want to be healthy and not an idiot, take care of my body, etc... live healthy. My family loves it and so do i :D

In fact I got my wife to eat healthier/lose weight too as she gained alot. My whole family somehow last summer was huge damn...

I've never been built built... but I don't mind starting that. I've always just been athletic doing martial arts... stronger for my small size with lots of agility/speed than bigger guys but never very big... just a tall 6'2 guy.

I've seen alot of guys on here who's physique I want to achieve, so you guys give me tons of motivation :)

a_ahmed
05-28-2009, 06:54 PM
And finally onto the pictures:

a_ahmed
05-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Before marriage when I used to do martial arts at 180-186lbs (varrying always). If I had this body before it would have been a good base to work from:
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4430/180old2.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2817/180old1.jpg

a_ahmed
05-28-2009, 06:56 PM
After a year of marriage + desk job trying very hard to hide how big I am LOL 290lbs :( :( :( :
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/299/p4200187small.jpg
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/7796/p4200185small.jpg
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5380/p4200180small.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8755/p5240313small.jpg
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9755/p5090302small.jpg

a_ahmed
05-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Couple of days ago at 203lbs:
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/150/img00242small.jpg
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3078/img00234small.jpg
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1126/img00233small.jpg

patkoch
05-28-2009, 10:34 PM
Congratulations on the weight loss. You have done such a great thing, and it really shows how much will power you have. You have lost a lot of body fat, but what concerns me is your diet. You seem to be taking in a very small amount of calories, and you may be stalling because your body is starving You are getting way to many off your meals from protein shakes. You don't need this much protein to lose weight not to mention you are restricting yourself of so many nutrients with your diet. The first thing I would do was add whole foods to your diet, I know you have been off carbs for a while so it would be a good idea to replace a couple of your protein shakes with some whole foods. Eat fruits and vegetables to your hearts desire. You also should get on a lifting program about three days a week that is very intensive full body workout with heavy weights. This will help you preserve or build muscle mass depending on your caloric intake try mark rippetoes starting strenght. You may want to consider starting to gain muscle right now. I think you will find it easy because your metabolism most likely is very slow. Slowly reintroduce some carbs back into your diet. Oatmeal, sweet potatos, fruits, and milk are good sources. Eat, sleep, and lift heavy. You will notice that your body composition will change for the better. DONT BE AFRAID OF THE WEIGHT GAIN, YOU HAVE LOST TREMENDOUS AMOUNTS OF FAT BUT ALSO ALOT OF MUSCLE. And remember muscle mass is responsible for a higher metabolic rate. You will look better, and you wont be starving.

PopeGregorius
05-29-2009, 01:14 AM
1. If you must use a protein supplement, use it as a meal replacement ie instead of lunch take a protein drink. But in reality you do not need it at all since all you need to do is cut calories.
2. Cutting out carbs is a good idea in the short term.
3. You can still eat an apple or some strawberries.
4. 100-150g protein daily is what you need for muscle mass, not pills

PopeGregorius
05-29-2009, 01:16 AM
Congratulations on the weight loss. You have done such a great thing, and it really shows how much will power you have. You have lost a lot of body fat, but what concerns me is your diet. You seem to be taking in a very small amount of calories, and you may be stalling because your body is starving You are getting way to many off your meals from protein shakes. You don't need this much protein to lose weight not to mention you are restricting yourself of so many nutrients with your diet. The first thing I would do was add whole foods to your diet, I know you have been off carbs for a while so it would be a good idea to replace a couple of your protein shakes with some whole foods. Eat fruits and vegetables to your hearts desire. You also should get on a lifting program about three days a week that is very intensive full body workout with heavy weights. This will help you preserve or build muscle mass depending on your caloric intake try mark rippetoes starting strenght. You may want to consider starting to gain muscle right now. I think you will find it easy because your metabolism most likely is very slow. Slowly reintroduce some carbs back into your diet. Oatmeal, sweet potatos, fruits, and milk are good sources. Eat, sleep, and lift heavy. You will notice that your body composition will change for the better. DONT BE AFRAID OF THE WEIGHT GAIN, YOU HAVE LOST TREMENDOUS AMOUNTS OF FAT BUT ALSO ALOT OF MUSCLE. And remember muscle mass is responsible for a higher metabolic rate. You will look better, and you wont be starving.
Ignore.

Jill75
05-29-2009, 02:57 AM
More protein in your diet, less carbs. Do HIIT and a lot of cardio to reduce more of the fat.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_body.jpg

a_ahmed
05-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Man something is definetely up with my diet... my muscles shrink and grow constantly... i just stop working otu a little bit and they shrink wtf... i just bought a small t-shirt and large shirt over... it was tight (my arms, etc...) less than a week ago... can muscles really shrink this fast? wtf?... I am thinking I'm starving myself but I'm not sure...

Lets say I am 200lbs now (woke up 199lbs this morning as well)... I want to be 180lbs muscle... dreaming of 4% bodyfat but yeah right... but that's the ultimate goal God willing.... does that mean I have to eat 180g of proteins every day?.....?

I need to find foods that I get everything naturally as opposed to just chugging down the protein supplement all the time.. i get sick of drinking it, my stomach wants to explode from water lol... there has to be alternate things i can consumme for protein.

just bought ilke 20+lbs of fish... i usually eats tons of fish and chicken... i would lift every second day.. but no muscle growth and my overall body stays the same as it is now.. its anoying as hell. I need a plan of action... i dont have an eating plan of action...

When it comes to lifting I would do a 1 hour to 2 hour paced weight training session every second day.

This would include 3 sets of the following:

1 set includes:
---------------
-35lbs circular weight up and down squat motion while holding it, sometimes with the 45 or 50 dumbells
-bicep curl with 50lbs for 5-6 reps
-chair dips for triceps up to 20 times i try to push myself for more
-pushups x2 of 10 with the pushup bars to go deeper
-shoulder press 50lbs for 5 reps
-taking 35lbs circular weight and trying to hold in front of me and rotate
-squeezing 1, 1.5 captains of crush 4 times each hand one way and other way
-35lbs forearm curl one way and other way
-50lbs shoulder dips (holding dumbells behind me and pulling shoulders up and down 10 reps, in center 10 reps, forward 10 reps)
-35lbs circular weight twisting body motion
-Sometimes also arnold press or whatever it's called (bicep curl + shoulder press combined) 5-10 reps usually with 45lbs dumbells
-35lbs inverse fly on chair for back deltoid/trapz
-chest fly or whatever its called standing holding 25lbs dumbell and exploding out slowly bringing back like 10 reps
-35lbs holding to my sides and pulling them back it feels good lol.. seems to work arms and delts and trapz/back at same time...

Sometimes i varry some stuff up...

However this being said i dont seem to grow much and relatively remain the same it sucks...

ramsesthe2
05-29-2009, 01:25 PM
4% is not sustainable, go for 8%

a_ahmed
05-31-2009, 12:02 PM
Thanks,

Okay I'm trying to find foods where I can get more proteins from while being low on carbs or fat.... suggestions are welcome.

I've been staying with my family last two days and i forgot my protein supplements lol... and its prompting me to make a dietary change here for more progress...

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/ scooby's workshop recommends about:

Gain Muscle and Lose Fat (1lb/week)

Current Weight

Calories

Protein
280lbs (127kg) 610cals x 6 meals = 3700 cals 46g x 6 meals= 280g protein
260 lbs (118kg) 560 cals x 6 meals = 3400 cals 43g x 6 meals= 260g protein
240 lbs (109kg) 510 cals x 6 meals = 3100 cals 40g x 6 meals= 240g protein
220 lbs (100kg) 460 cals x 6 meals = 2800 cals 36g x 6 meals= 220g protein
200 lbs (91kg) 410 cals x 6 meals = 2500 cals 33g x 6 meals= 200g protein
180 lbs (81kg) 360 cals x 6 meals = 2200 cals 30g x 6 meals= 180g protein
160 lbs (72kg) 310 cals x 6 meals = 1900 cals 26g x 6 meals= 160g protein
140 lbs (63kg) 265 cals x 6 meals = 1600 cals 23g x 6 meals= 140g protein

Gain Muscle and Maintain Bodyfat Level

Current Weight

Calories

Protein
280lbs (127kg) 700cals x 6 meals = 4200 46g x 6 meals= 280g protein
260 lbs (118kg) 650cals x 6 meals = 3900 43g x 6 meals= 260g protein
240 lbs (109kg) 600cals x 6 meals = 3600 40g x 6 meals= 240g protein
220 lbs (100kg) 550cals x 6 meals = 3300 36g x 6 meals= 220g protein
200 lbs (91kg) 500cals x 6 meals = 3000 33g x 6 meals= 200g protein
180 lbs (81kg) 450cals x 6 meals = 2700 30g x 6 meals= 180g protein
160 lbs (72kg) 400cals x 6 meals = 2400 26g x 6 meals= 160g protein
140 lbs (63kg) 350cals x 6 meals = 2100 23g x 6 meals= 140g protein

It really tells me I am undernourished if this is true...

I should be eating then

200 lbs (91kg) 410 cals x 6 meals = 2500 cals 33g x 6 meals= 200g protein

or

200 lbs (91kg) 500cals x 6 meals = 3000 33g x 6 meals= 200g protein

I am also worried I started eating lots of eggs.... I ate 6 eggs (just the whites -- thats the protein portion right?) Is that kind of bad for me.. I remember my doctor telling me to eat 1 egg a week (holy crap) until I completely stopped eatting eggs...

I ate 3 eggs in the morning around 11pm and now its like 3pm 3 eggs.... im frustrated when i come to my parents home its like loong waits between meals and huuge meals usualyl... waiting on chicken now... Usually if theres nothing to eat id make myself to drink a cup of protein supplements 30g scoop...

I won't take no pictures until i get some positive changes... I've realized most likely im undernourished to be growing more muscles probably why im storing fat also if the body thinks its in starvation mode and not burning...

I've also just registered on fitday... although im pretty clueless as to how to use it yet

a_ahmed
06-01-2009, 06:21 AM
Well I registered and played around with fitday.com...... AMAZING! I wish I knew of this thing before :D I am HOOKED! Thank you for whoever suggested it!

It made me realize how inconsistent my meals are... and how inadequate in certain areas my meals are.

I used it's weight goal option to calculate how much i should be eating/burning and so lets see the results

One of the things that has happened to me is that I truly became fat/carbs-phobic... I would just starve myself and eat meat/protein shakes whenever I can... I guess it doesn't make sense... but all for the quest to weight loss glory... so I guess my body would start eating itself and hence my slow growth muscle-wise. Am I right?... I guess you could say one messed up ketonic diet?

Yesterday I registered and I started counting...

Basically according to fitday.com taking into account I'm 200lbs 6'2; if I want to get to 185lbs until 8/30/2009 starting from the 31st... I need to consumme the following:

My body requires 3214 calories...
I need to restrict to 577 calories
I can eat 2637 calories each day.

Yesterday my wife and I stayed at my parents. I went to bed kinda hungry as no protein shake:

-
10am
First meal 3 eggs + tomato sardines + pita bread (paratha) ------- 50 cal (10g protein) + 112 cal(12.5g protein) + 248 cal (8g protein).
-
3pm
Second meal 3 eggs 50 cal (10 gprotein)
-
4 pm
Third meal 3 medium sized chicken leg pieces 787 cal (88g protein)
Few minutes later
2 cups of indian rice pudding 708 cal (17.7g protein)
-
8pm
Fourth meal
1 piece of chicken leg same as earlier (29.3g protein)
-
10pm
Fifth meal
NuPak Yellow Split Peas 100g (22g protein -- awesome)
-

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/1430/may31st.jpg

So although the calorie count and proteins add up right.. it was badly spaced out...

This made me think... we went out and bought LOTS of different high protein beans :D GOD I was never this excited to shop lol. Also going to use the little measuring bowl (100g, 200g, 100ml, 200ml, etc...)

I also broke down my day meals into the following roughly:

7am-3pm or 8am-4pm shift workday
-------------------------------------
1st. 7am
2nd. 10am
3rd. 1pm
4th. 4pm
5th. 6pm
6th. 8pm

3pm-10pm shift workday
-------------------------------------
1st. 9am
2nd. 12am
3rd. 3pm
4th. 6pm
5th. 9pm
6th. 11pm

3 hours in between and some later 2 hours in between.

So I planned out for today this:
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5892/june1stz.jpg

Basically

1st meal: 100g cereal + 2% milk (for today -- opening skim tomorrow) + 30g protein = 464 cal + 111 cal from protein shake = 575calories

cheat 830pm in between: half of 30g protein shake 111/2 = calories

2nd meal: NuPak Yellow Spit Peas = 345 calories

3rd meal: 2 slice of wonder brown bread + salad + sardines in tomato sauce = 190 cal + 140 cal = 350 cal = 27g

4th meal: 2 pieces of chicken legs + some salad = roughly 525calories = 58.7g (if this is accurate)

5th meal: 100g cereal + 2% milk + 30g protein = 464 cal + 111 cal from protein shake = 575calories

6th meal: 30g protein

I felt hungry now 8:30am... so I actually drank half of a 30g protein shake hence the extra 30g of protein at the end...

I am wondering whether to starve myself until 10pm and follow the plan... I have to follow the plan right? Suggestions are welcome, this is my first time doing this. I've never really eaten this 'well' (6 meals properly spaced out) and of course this is just a prototype.

The beans stuff is AMAZING high in fiber and high in protein for what it is and very cheap... it also fills me up (assuming its the fibers).

The carbs and protein is more than yesterday but if it's evenly spaced out so it should be better for me right? The fact I felt hungry was weird... considering the calorie of the first meal was around 550calories.

Basically I need to break down the calories to 439.5...

Am I on the right path here? Suggestions...

Edit:

Today I will do my workout with weights... so... I will most likely drink protein after... and I may take muscleprime pre-workout which has like what.. 70 calories per scoop...

a_ahmed
06-02-2009, 05:01 AM
Well this is the actual day I ended up with, it's amazing how many temptations throughout the day exist... and how thanks to this I remind myself to say no (junk food/oily/whatever family foods :D)

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5329/june1stactual.jpg

So basically the 30g protein shake at work I split in half throughout the 2nd and 3rd meal while at work.

I am hooked on these beans... super high protein + fiber.. amazing. The sardines I got have omega 3 and 6 and potassium... protein... and delicious.

When I came home I had small/medium sized two pieces of chicken legs... as my 4th meal

I took two scoops of prime muscle and two pills of nitrovol (a bit much?....... my heart felt a lil too much after the work out).

After workout I immediately ate my 5th meal the green split peas basically same ingridients more or less.

I felt hungry... I felt like I needed more so I drank say.. 20g of protein shake (basically made 30g cup, but left a little on bottom which i drank later when i left and returned home).

For my final meal i had about 80g of cereal with 30g protein...

Had some cardio and right before sleep took 30g protein.. so it took proteins way up and the calories were way up but still less than what i need so still calorie defeceit i guess.. plus... i was working out weights so i guess its oky

I also typed in the corret allmax isoflex protein supplement info instead of the soy whey generic thingy on fitday.com... Initially presented to be more accurate info... I also typed in the muscle prime info... I wonder if there's a way to transfer this stuff... as opposed to retype all the time... to save the custom stuff as I registered my wife as well and want her to track too.

What I can say so far... I feel like it's keeping me controlled... I can feel the results and it's not placebo... I can feel I will lose fat and get weight down this way but still maintain muscle... I feel more energetic.. more balanced.. my sleep even though the last two days was really less (7-ish hours maybe?), is much better... I had better sleep. I feel energetic.

I will probably take a little nap when I come home then do some HIIT cardio.

Edit:

Please if there are suggestions they are welcome.

My goal is 180-185lbs... cutting fat... and keeping the muscle i have and if possible growing some :).. ultimately I want to be 4%-8% bf at this weight... :) I will do my best to achieve this...

a_ahmed
06-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Well I woke up this morning at 198lbs woohoo. I actually started at about 205lbs... so in the past 3 days I balanced myself out... I haven't hit 198lbs before, I hit 199lbs before but it was going up and down.. now my weight is consistent with the 6 meals a day thing going.

What I've noticed is a couple of things since taking the pictures of now... my fat is DEFINETELY shrinking on my sides and stomach... its actually noticable.. so having arranged my food plan through fitday I am re-energized, revitalized and encouraged an extra mile to go forward on this :)

I also noticed I am feeling a sensation of heat all the time, which is kinda pleasent and I feel very energetic... I feel controlled/balanced.. hard to put in words.. and every meal feels fulfilling. In fact I'm quite full of energy despite barely getting sleep this whole week... in fact I have trouble falling asleep... I will try to take a descent nap when I come from work then do my weights.

This was yesterday's intake:
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3000/june2nd.jpg

a_ahmed
06-04-2009, 04:53 AM
Yesterday I came home from work and slept for a good 3.5 hours... i was really tired.

I have to get my sleep in order...

I actually got ADS pronabolin and thought I'd give it a try but from what I heard its an overpriced sleeping pill... well I started with the half a pill thing so will see... tonight 1 pill, then 1.5 then 2 and on.. will see if it does jack poo... I still contemplate whether my nutrient macro and calories as they are, are okay. No one is commenting :(

I ended up doing p90x cardio (hey it's fun), instead of weights... and it also made me rethink something.

So far I've been doing upper body weights one day, rest or cardio then again upper body weights one day, rest or cardio then again and again and again and if i feel tired then two days rest... this probably is not gaining me much muscle anymore... if i'm not mistaken the bigger you get the more you need rest (right?)... so im thinking maybe i should get it into a 3 day cycle instead of 2 day cycle... i get bored without feeling a challenge every second day i dunno...

Yesterday I had a bit more fat than the other days in my food intake... I also woke up at 199lbs instead of 198lbs as before-yesterday.... I woke up tired as I couldn't fall asleep until around 12ish............ I need my sleep in order.

I am wondering these nutrient macros... what am I missing or having too much of if I'm cutting.. and what would I need or have too little or too much of if I'm bulking so I can understand the difference here when aiming for one or the other someone please answer.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/741/june3rdm.jpg

a_ahmed
06-05-2009, 10:42 AM
I didn't post my last night fitday thing, didn't feel like it at the moment, it's not much different from the other ones I've posted... but I'd hope someone would finally jump in to critique me, advise me, etc... I woke up at 200lbs today...

Where am I going wrong or right... please speak up.

I have a few questions on supplements too...

1. I take protein supplements obviously... i like the pumps from sportslab nytrovol... the prime muscle helps pre-workout... anything else i could consider. I stopped creatine again just for the time being. I felt like I was getting bubbly not harder... I want to get harder. I want to achieve enough muscle mass growth and fat loss so my abs are visible then think about creatine...will be a while... What about beta alanine? It helps with muscle recovery and growth? Do advise me on these things... I want to use anything possible to achieve me results in fat loss and muscle growth while staying healthy-side effects free.

2. Secondly my workouts... I am going to guess its flawed... should i always train to failure?.. or stick to doing rep/sets and be done with it?... I haven't been training to absolute failure just preset sets and reps.

3. How are my nutrient macros, calories for my height/weight/age im 6'2 200lbs 24 years old.

Anything else you could suggest please... someone respond :(

4. I ordered Gaspari Halodrol liquid gels x2 from BC Canada... I heard this helps with muscle growth... good/bad for me?

5. I am trying to follow the 6 meals a day exactly 3 hours spaced out... with the calories broken down equally roughly every day 2500-2900 calories... good bad?.. If I feel hungry should I indulge or hold back (i've been just holding back).

6. That pronabolin that i wasted my money on sleeping pill thing made me sleep real good (took the whole pill tonight will take 1.5 tonight)

Help a man here :( I need motivation and guidance... LOL...

I swear to God yesterday I felt extremely demotivated/sad... I love when I see progress but progress has become so damn slow... I am doing something wrong and I can't spot it myself... so I need help with that. I have my periods where I feel very demotivated and last night was it... I will never give up, but I feel disappointed and disappointment is depressing for anybody obviously... I want to go on and succeed but I can't pinpoint where I'm wrong by myself......

Chumly
06-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi buddy, well done on your achievements so far... I know it's not easy - I was similar to yourself.

For what it's worth, my advice at this stage would be to save money and forget all supplements except perhaps some protein but then ONLY to supplement diet and for convienience when you can't get a proper meal.

Now calculate the number of calories you need to just maintain weight on a daily basis... depending on your activity level, probably somewhere around 2500.

It is going to be hard to lose weight and gain muscle... I'd go for the losing weight approach but trying to maintain as much muscle as possible and therefore you need to diet to a calorie deficit rather than eating more calories than required, which you would normally do to build muscle. You want to aim for 500 calories per day less than your maintenance level... any fewer and you will start losing muscle as well - weight loss will be faster but will be the stuff you should be keeping.

Now work out your macronutrients so that you are taking about 48% protein, 32% carbs and 20% fat based on whatever calories you calculated. Eat this plan for three days, then take 25% off the number of carbs for single day of reduced carbs, then eat no carbs for one day and return to the high carb levels - this cycles carbs and keeps your metabolism going.

Stick with restistance training as it is a good fat burner and will speed up your metabolism as well and throw in some cardio a couple of times per week.

On food, just stick with clean eating - keep fat down, read the labels, stay away from saturated fat and sugars. It's easy to eat sugars without knowing it - be aware.

It will take time, I reckon you'd do well to lose a pound a week but it will be a quality pound of fat, not muscle.

You could look at plyo training or using compound movements for fat burining but I've not done a lot of this although I know it works and a lot of rugby teams use it as it challenges lots of muscle groups at one and will therefore burn lots of calories.

Stick with it pal - you're doing great!

casticonstantinescu
06-05-2009, 03:47 PM
1. I take protein supplements obviously... i like the pumps from sportslab nytrovol... the prime muscle helps pre-workout... anything else i could consider. I stopped creatine again just for the time being. I felt like I was getting bubbly not harder... I want to get harder. I want to achieve enough muscle mass growth and fat loss so my abs are visible then think about creatine...will be a while... What about beta alanine? It helps with muscle recovery and growth? Do advise me on these things... I want to use anything possible to achieve me results in fat loss and muscle growth while staying healthy-side effects free.

Focus on what's important to start, but not both. Clean bulk or cut. You're going to have a hell of a time trying to do a recomposition of dropping fat and adding on muscle, as it is virtually impossible to do. If this is your first time trying to drop down to a very low body fat percentage, focus on that, and focus hard. There's no secret to it than just logging everything, and you have quite a selection that you're eating. Fitday is truly great for you tracking your meals!

2. Secondly my workouts... I am going to guess its flawed... should i always train to failure?.. or stick to doing rep/sets and be done with it?... I haven't been training to absolute failure just preset sets and reps.

preset sets and reps are fine so long as you're struggling to get the lsat few reps of your working weight, and really hit your muscles hard.

3. How are my nutrient macros, calories for my height/weight/age im 6'2 200lbs 24 years old.

Looking at a few of your fitday logs, you may be taking in a tad too much, and you could cut a lot of that out with some of the supplements you're taking. I think optimally for you to be dropping weight you could go down to about 2200-2300 calories a day, and evaluate how that is going for you after 2-3 weeks and adjust as necessary. This is going to be a net drop of 4200 calories from food intake alone per week.

5. I am trying to follow the 6 meals a day exactly 3 hours spaced out... with the calories broken down equally roughly every day 2500-2900 calories... good bad?.. If I feel hungry should I indulge or hold back (i've been just holding back).

I think this is irrelevant. Just eat to your calorie and macro totals, and like I said above, lower that down just a tad. Some people have success with EC stacks (ephedrine and caffeine) for suppressing hunger a bit.

Keep at it! The last little while is the toughest to go, but it may be that you are just over eating slightly now, and are eating at a maintenance level. Keep going for your goals! Good luck!

a_ahmed
06-08-2009, 05:27 AM
good morning everybody.

I was meaning to respond but I was busy over the weekend. All I got to say is I appreciate your input. The whole point of me posting in here was to get input and encouragement :D I really appreciate it all. Thank you.

Well, good news is, I am 198lbs this morning :D SO I have dropped from 205lbs~... to a constant 198-200lbs... even after I ate so much yesterday (two BIG fish at a restaurant and pita bread) I was 200lbs... pretty awesome.

I also dropped pants and shirt size... Always exciting! I got myself down to size 34 pants and 15 1/2 shirt :D From 36 pants and 16 1/2 shirt... definitely less fat around me... its getting there, gradual but its getting there, just a very slow process but it made me happy... always good when you understand the results.

Having taken into account dietary changes... I've also now changed up my workout cycle... it feels good... one day p90x cardio, one day upper body my own routine and one day legs and back p90x. I feel this makes me able to get better restore, rebuild time while still push myself each day.. plus overall feels like I burn more calories and have less necessary rest.

So... going forward alriiight :D

a_ahmed
06-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Also kind of curious what is my body type based on the photos I posted:

# Ectomorphic: characterized by long and thin muscles/limbs and low fat storage; receding chin, usually referred to as slim.
# Mesomorphic: characterized by large bones, solid torso, low fat levels, wide shoulders with a narrow waist.
# Endomorphic: characterized by increased fat storage, a wide waist and a large bone structure

And what's 'better' :D Always wondered this...

a_ahmed
06-08-2009, 03:15 PM
Honestly call it placebo or not... and taking into account I've changed my diet recently...and workout routines overall... this ADS pronabolin is making me get better rest/sleep... and i am definitely cutting fat, gradually shaping up... and feeling a bit harder (long ways to go)... I'm not getting off it... 60 bux wasted or not... I feel alright...

I just picked up my mail and two boxes of halodrol liquigels came. I got home so on empty stomach took 4 nytrovol pills and just popped 3 pills of halodrol liquigels in excitement... I'll be doing cardio in less than half an hour now... tomorrow legs and back... after tomorrow upper body.

Also since Im running out of sport labs nytrovol I figured I'd give plasmajet a try. I've heard and read positive (insane) results from people for vascularity out of this thing and since nytrovol got me hooked I'll give this a try...

Also I didn't use a phat burner since my hydroxycut days (ew), but I figured I'd give one a try, so I also ordered alongside plasmajet some Sum-Q (correct name?)

I guess I am building up a descent supplement stack... this stuff is addicting... I'll just keep away from Creatine until I get 15%< bf... When I do take creatine I feel like an animal and can push more weight/reps... but... without it recently I managed to get up to lifting the same... so no need I guess. When on it I felt bubbly lol.

To clean up the system and protect the liver and kidneys I heard about this thistle milk?... I guess that's another thing ill invest in to protect my liver... I don't want damage at the expense of losing fat/gaining muscle.

Came home and weighed myself at 199lbs woohoo... Aiming for that magical 195lbs number... I won't take no pictures until I see distinct big changes from before.. but sizes of pants and shirts don't lie :)

a_ahmed
06-08-2009, 03:24 PM
One thing I've also been forgetting to ask... I've had this since a long time but... never quite understood it. Since the days when I was not fat and doing martial arts I had cracking joints when I walk even... I had a habit of cracking my neck and fingers... but what I'm talking about is sometimes just regularly walking or sitting and getting up... is this something lacking for joints or what? I heard some kind of fish oils or something are good for that?

Reason I'm also asking... It's my first time lifting 'heavier' 45lbs-50lbs/dumbells in longer repetitions (I know alot of monster guys out there who can lift 80+ but give me a break I'm new :D)... so I want to protect my joints. I don't yet have large forearms so elbows, hand joints, etc... would be at greater injury potential no? Anything in particular I should get for this? One of those bands for wrists and elbows just to be safe?... what about these fish oils?

a_ahmed
06-09-2009, 05:49 AM
well i woke up this morning at 196lbs :O holy crap... I haven't seen this weight number in a long time.

I took some pix but nothing major, so not gonna post... difference is very subtle...

a_ahmed
06-10-2009, 05:40 AM
well i got plasmajet and sub-q... plasmajet freaked me out as it indicates to take whole strip of ten pills... before i took it i researched... as i wasnt sure yes or no ten pills HOLY CRAP... anyways a good hour+ later I began working out and i definetely felt a lil pump... i dont know if its just from using nytrovol more regularly but the pumps are not as strong as they were when i first tried a nitric oxide. Is this kind of stuff suppose to be cycled???

Sub-q started with two pills and today ill do two pill and then two pill after work... will see the results.

Took some pix while working out of my arms and shoulders... i look so much more full and buff when I workout... but I am getting stronger overall... still tons of fat though :( I'll post some pix later...

I compared pix I posted and the pix I took a few days ago... 3 week difference, its minor fat wise and barely visible.. but its there... a lil tiny more muscular but its like you have to pay attention to changes... sucks but whatever only 3 weeks :)

I won't start creatine again as stated, I want to get lean and hard... and I can lift what I was lifting before with creatine so woohoo.. thats a good sign.

Also I wills top using muscle prime, I had a great upper body weights work out without prime muscle yesterday so thats a good sign :)

a_ahmed
06-10-2009, 05:47 AM
Meh some fat arm posin:

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8887/img00282small.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6646/img00278small.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/5482/img00279small.jpg
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/5060/img00280small.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/2157/img00281small.jpg

Sometimes when I workout I wear a 20lbs chest/upperbody armor... makes me sweat better, especially when I do cardio. It worked great when I was 250lbs to lose weight not as much fat loss lately though...

Also it's been a long time since I used them but the 5lbs (each) wrist weights made my forearms much bigger when I used to do martial arts... I always used to train with them... so I'll try to incorporate them in my workouts...

I also did a little ingenuity (ghetto)... I don't have a log bar, olympic bar, arm bar, or any bar for that matter... I need to get some... I also don't have a bench press :(

Anyways yesterday instead of curling dumbells all the time, I took a weighed 18lbs staff (same thickness as olympic bar onto which you put plates on.) and put my 35lbs plates on each end... its lose so a little bit of a balancing act... but i used it to curl and tried to do shoulder press this way too (a little tougher...) so it felt like a good thing... so I may get more plates and an actual bar of sorts... I mixed it up then with actual hammer curls, bicep curls, shoulder press with individual dumbells.

Ah well..., progress is there just slow :)

a_ahmed
06-11-2009, 06:43 AM
I really liked my ghetto bar and plates thing i could still feel my shoulders/traps yesterday :D Woohoo I like paaaaain lol.. no pain no game :D

Anyways yesterday I did p90x cardio and then two or so hours later ran for 40minutes doing 1 minute fast, 1 minute slow. 5 mph run then 3mph resting, then got up to 5.5mph and 3 mph rest for a while nd eventually 5.8mph run and 3mph rest for 40 minutes it was alright i was sweating loved it :D

I have a fitline T-100 treadmill at home and it feels sometimes like it's going to fall apart hahahahaha... I wish I could have afforded something better :(.... I've run 8mph on it before but it feels scary LOL. Also... it's REALLY annoying that it doesn't have preprogrammable buttons/sequences I have to manually tap down the speed and it goes by clicks 0.1 0.1 0.1 up or down... can be a nuissance when trying to concentrate on running. Oh well as long as it gets the job done.

From now on no matter what I do I'll try to run 40 minutes every single day.. I want the goo and fat gone.. also I noticed after such sweaty runs my skin looks so healthy and all that stretchy skin from fat days smooths out which is awesome so double yay

I went to sleep at 197lbs and woke up this morning at 196lbs.

I ate 2090calories yesterday, I realized how easy it's just to chug food down I was tempted to eat more of my beans but I said no to my stomach's cravings. I just worry not to lose muscle when i dont eat but i had 210grams of protein.

I always wondered what is it that really matters in maintaining/building muscle. Is it the calorie intake or the actual protein grams or what... I saw on another forum how a guy was 240lbs but taking 1500calories and 240g of protein.. holy crap... and he was lifting ultra heavy and getting stronger constantly... I'm going to assume its the protein that really matters?

Diplomat84
06-12-2009, 09:19 AM
Ahmed,

You look great! Mashallah!!! I wish you best of luck...please keep doing what youre doing...its obviously working!

a_ahmed
06-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Thanks akhi :) Assalamu Alaikum :D

I hit 193-194lbs this morning THANK YOU GOD :D

I reduced my calorie for the last week or so to 2000-2100 calories all the time 200g of protein. Last three days i've felt very weak when i tried to work out though.

Anyways goal is to hit 180lbs and then maintain that weight burn res of fat build muscle.. its awesome how my stomach is gradually changing and hanging less, less and less from the sides and just 'concentrating' on hanging from the bottom middle (what's left of the fat). i just hate the stupid skin that hangs down from middle frmo the very fat days makes me look more fat than i actually am :( gonna be a while till that part heals... bu hey... progress is always good alhamdulillah :)

lawlz_xD
06-14-2009, 11:40 AM
I would just like to applaud you in your efforts. I am very grateful I am starting out at a fairly decent base at 5'8 165 pounds (162 pounds now). Keep up the hard work, your progress is very good!

Vivarant
01-08-2013, 01:49 PM
good luck reaching your goals

ktothewire
01-08-2013, 02:01 PM
good luck reaching your goals

This thread is 4 years old; why'd you bring it back? lol. I know you want post count to post pictures but damn find something at least from 2012 lol.