PDA

View Full Version : Dandelion greens

5_second_rule
05-25-2009, 04:19 PM
I'm wondering if anyone knows any good recipes to use dandelion greens in to make them palatable. I bought them the first time and they tasted so bitter that I had to leave them in the fridge until they spoil. I want it to be part of my weekly basis to eat them because I've heard a lot of good things about dandelion greens such as being very nutrient dense and having compounds that could detoxify your liver.

Thanks for your help.

Valjean
05-25-2009, 05:43 PM
It's something you have to get used to. My strange way of making it edible is to have it floating in apple cider vinegar (I drink 2 Tbsp a day and I love the taste. It's an italian mamascience thing) and then mix it with lettuce and olives. Eat it just like a very very sour salad.

I have also heard of dandelion rum and dandelion teas being made.

Salti
05-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Sautee or steam them with garlic, olive oil, vinegar/lemon juice.

SnatchGrabber
10-17-2009, 01:51 PM
where do you get dandelion greens?

GermanBarbarian
10-17-2009, 03:44 PM
When you buy them also buy a lot of other non-bitter leafy vegetables. When it comes time to eat the dandelion greens make a salad and have a bitter to non-bitter greens ratio that you find preferable. Foodstuff is supposed to compliment each other... Lay man's terms- balance bitter greens out with non-bitter greens in a salad.