PDA

View Full Version : What you're bringing for a day at the airport?

deawalsh
05-25-2009, 12:42 PM
So, wednesday I'll spend 14 hours in airports and airplanes, and wanted some ideas of what you guys are bringing when you travel?...i've already packed some pouches of tuna, pp in baggies, almonds...but i'm running out of ideas!

mommalu
05-25-2009, 12:47 PM
So, wednesday I'll spend 14 hours in airports and airplanes, and wanted some ideas of what you guys are bringing when you travel?...i've already packed some pouches of tuna, pp in baggies, almonds...but i'm running out of ideas!

beef jerky/turkey jerky
grapes?
protein bars

asianstyles
05-25-2009, 12:48 PM

I usually bring protein bars on the airplane with me. I eat the Atkins ones, which are high in fiber, so they are pretty filling.

When I am at the airport, I usually eat some food. My favorite is the taco salad (no shell) from Qdoba.

SaraSabrina
05-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Suggestions: low-fat cottage cheese and add some fruits (you barely taste the cottage cheese), beef jerky, edamame, cut-up hotdogs (or tofudogs) with ketchup, "sludge" to name a few

dtangred
05-25-2009, 12:55 PM
Sandwiches made with Ezekiel bread
Tuna
Cottage Cheese
Almonds/walnuts/brazil nuts
raw veggies

Honestly I just make what I normally would have and throw it in tupperware.

asianstyles
05-25-2009, 01:01 PM
Is bringing cottage cheese through airport security even allowed? It could technically fall under the liquid / gel category, which you can't bring more than 3.4 oz through security.

dtangred
05-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Is bringing cottage cheese through airport security even allowed? It could technically fall under the liquid / gel category, which you can't bring more than 3.4 oz through security.

Well I had no problem getting it through 2 days ago. I had 3 separate containers for it. One I ate while waiting for my plane.

dbarry14
05-25-2009, 01:22 PM
How do you keep cottage cheese cold for 14 hours?

LordGinger
05-25-2009, 02:14 PM
Protein bars and beef jerkey

RandyJH
05-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Why do bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts feel the need to eat in a special way?

We need more protein than the average couch potato.

Thats about it.

deawalsh
05-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Well I had no problem getting it through 2 days ago. I had 3 separate containers for it. One I ate while waiting for my plane.

oh really!...i though too it's was considered "liquid/gel"!...but are you allowed to have icepack?? or something to keep it cold?

cyde
05-25-2009, 02:28 PM
i know you can find some food to eat at the terminal. chicken salad, chicken sandwich, fruit, milk, baked potato, chili, turkey bagel, etc. if you have a long flight, bring a couple protein bars to snack on until you land.

The_Animal11
05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
honestly whenever i fly i bring the exact same kinda food i eat every other day. i just cook it beforehand and pop it in tupperwares. just make sure ya dont bring ice/freezer packs, cuz they'll take those at security!

KimValentine
05-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I usually bring bars and just eat at a restaurant in the terminal if I'll be there for a while.

Brendon9686
05-25-2009, 03:13 PM
I will pack a sandwich, nuts, oatmeal, and some protein bars. Usually a save these for emergency only, otherwise I will eat whatever I find at the restaurants.

deawalsh
05-25-2009, 04:12 PM
thanks guys!....i'm getting ready to go cook everything i usually eat, and pack some extras with it, and i'll be good to go!

cnelson09
05-25-2009, 04:47 PM
I travel quite frequently by plane i just cook up chicken breast and sweet potatoe and portion it out into tuberware and put it in my carry on. never had a problem with customs or anything yet :P