PDA

View Full Version : Boiling frozen chicken breasts?

fsugnv08
05-24-2009, 08:17 PM
They were on sale at Sams and I picked up a couple bags of Tyson frozen chicken breasts and wondering if anyone had suggestions on boiling/grilling them and how long I need to thaw them for if I do grill them... Thanks!

Holyspokes
05-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I steam frozen chicken breasts all the time, and it doesn't take long at all. I just throw them in frozen, then once there a bit heated, cut them up into pieces with some good scissors to make sure they cook all the way through. Doesn't take long at all.

Dr. Horse
05-24-2009, 08:25 PM
No need to thaw before grilling. Just cook them at a slightly lower temp and they will cook up ok.

fsugnv08
05-24-2009, 08:29 PM
What about doing them on a foreman grill? can i still just toss em on?

As far as steaming them, how long do u generally steam them for and how many can u put in at once?

Thanks guys, repped

jayce_p
05-24-2009, 08:33 PM
yeah, you can just grill em up on ur foreman. They turn out excellent, thats mostly what i would do back when i was in college.

ani[i]al
05-25-2009, 04:18 AM
Yup, foreman grill all the time here. just cook them on a low temp cause they do seem to burn quite easily, and if they are large breasts you may find it a good idea to chop em in half first,

I usually defrost in the fridge overnight only to find they are only partly thawed.. so i chuck em on anyway ;)

JolietKev
05-25-2009, 04:26 AM
Just soak them i cold water for a few minutes to thaw. Then season them up a little. Why would you boil them unless you were planning on shredding. Then you could add some EVO, onion, light mayo, cilantro, green pepper and garlic. Place on spinach for an excellent meal.