PDA

View Full Version : How a pair of shorts made my day

Batchiss
05-24-2009, 06:21 PM
So I've been trying to lose weight since January and although the scale says I've lost around 20 lbs, I dont feel like Ive lost it until today.

I bought a pair of shorts last year thinking it was a size 38 but it turned out to be a 33 in the 38 pile. I kept them saying maybe one day I'll fit in them. Even though, I haven't fit in that size since I was 15. I came across them today and holy crap they fit.

I can't believe what I've able to do in 5 months. I feel great, and constantly think about my next workout. I don't think of food anymore for the taste, I think of it as fuel for my workouts. This site has given my all of the knowledge I used to get where I am and just wanted to thank all of you.

It's little things like this that keep me going.

asianstyles
05-24-2009, 06:44 PM
so i've been trying to lose weight since january and although the scale says i've lost around 20 lbs, i dont feel like ive lost it until today.

I bought a pair of shorts last year thinking it was a size 38 but it turned out to be a 33 in the 38 pile. I kept them saying maybe one day i'll fit in them. Even though, i haven't fit in that size since i was 15. I came across them today and holy crap they fit.

I can't believe what i've able to do in 5 months. I feel great, and constantly think about my next workout. I don't think of food anymore for the taste, i think of it as fuel for my workouts. This site has given my all of the knowledge i used to get where i am and just wanted to thank all of you.

gjdm

imTKain
05-24-2009, 07:01 PM
So I've been trying to lose weight since January and although the scale says I've lost around 20 lbs, I dont feel like Ive lost it until today.

I bought a pair of shorts last year thinking it was a size 38 but it turned out to be a 33 in the 38 pile. I kept them saying maybe one day I'll fit in them. Even though, I haven't fit in that size since I was 15. I came across them today and holy crap they fit.

I can't believe what I've able to do in 5 months. I feel great, and constantly think about my next workout. I don't think of food anymore for the taste, I think of it as fuel for my workouts. This site has given my all of the knowledge I used to get where I am and just wanted to thank all of you.

Congrats man. I have a pair of shorts that I use as a gauge as when to stop bulking and start cutting.

Z00_Y0RK82
05-24-2009, 09:21 PM
Congrats man. Thats always a sweet feeling when that happens. Keep up the work!

-Lucifer
05-25-2009, 01:58 AM
I don't think of food anymore for the taste, I think of it as fuel for my workouts.

That's awesome man. Keep up the hard work.

P.S. See sig. ;)

Ironlife
05-25-2009, 02:24 AM
That's awesome man. Keep up the hard work.

P.S. See sig. ;)

Nice sig brah!! i think like that as well (serious)

OP: good job on that story man, its all those little things combined that make us all keep going hard all the time.

Mouzer
05-25-2009, 10:51 AM
Good job man! Enjoy that feeling of success, im sure you'll have alot more of that coming your way!

Danger_Close
05-25-2009, 11:59 AM
i know how you feel dude. im now digging through my geradge trying to find all my smaller shirts. Feels goog huh.

good job.

hufo
05-25-2009, 08:30 PM
great work!

SanDantos
06-05-2009, 07:47 PM
This is funny.

2 or 3 weeks ago we started beach volleyball for the summer so I dug out my shorts. Out of about 8 pairs, maybe 2 fit cause the rest are too loose. They're all boardshorts, and only adjust like an inch or so. The worst part is I wear a 36, thats what they're labeled and still are like 2" too big. I shake my fist at them.

But I totally know how you feel.

My only advice, toss* the stuff that's too big for you. Cause you don't wanna have to fit into that again. ;)

(*by toss, i mean give away to friends or the needy)

moose0884
06-05-2009, 08:31 PM
(*by toss, i mean give away to friends or the needy)

Reminds me of the bowflex commercial "I gave all my fat clothes to all my fat friends".

Hench19
06-06-2009, 03:44 AM
Good job

Human710
03-27-2010, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the information! I've been meaning to start this process myself so this is a big help.

marinelli
03-27-2010, 05:49 AM
that was great :D

DarkDreams
03-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Haha good story with shorts man!!! Mine was a belt i've had for a lil while the notch worn out is the outer one (fatest size) and now i'm use the most inner one (Smallest size)

Im happy im gonna be adding holes to my belt the opposite way that most people do!!! :-)