PDA

View Full Version : Most Motivational Quotes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

BuryWhite
05-20-2009, 03:03 PM
"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Roosevelt

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."
Rollins

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
Arnold

Love these quotes and hope that one day I can get them on posters.

What are you favorites?

High4Lyf
05-20-2009, 04:07 PM
"It's hard to be humble when you are as great as I am" MUHAMMAD ALI

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/PYREU/GPP51002~Muhammad-Ali-Posters.jpg

danv027
05-20-2009, 04:53 PM
check the signature....fav quote ever

Irun4fun
05-21-2009, 09:31 PM
check the signature....fav quote ever

my times are nearly the same as yrs... but mile is 4:58, 800 is same though...

thall345
05-24-2009, 03:45 PM
here are just some of the ones i have collected over the past year... feel free to add your favorites to the list

the only place were 'success' comes before 'work' is in the dictionary

Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights." Ronnie Coleman

"It's a lifestyle - train like there's no finish line."

"You focus your mind to train your body and the changes that begin to take place impact your mind as well. Dream it, believe it, and you will achieve it."

WORK NOT TO LOOK GOOD, BUT MAKE OTHERS LOOK BAD

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

"Be proud, but never satisfied."

"If you always do what you have always done, then you will always get what you have always got."

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" - Magic Johnson, NBA Star

"Pain is temporary, pride is forever" - Unknown

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Philosopher & Writer

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong." - Unknown

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret!" - Unknown

"Only the weak attempts to accomplish what he knows he can already achieve." - Stella Juarez Author

"Failure will not overcome me so long as my will to succeed is stronger" - Micheal S. Kirby

"If you are hurt, whether in mind or body, don't nurse your bruises. Get up and light-heartedly, courageously, good temperedly get ready for the next encounter. This is the only way to take life - this is also 'playing' the game!" - Emily Post

"The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope" - Norman Cousins Author

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche, Philosopher, Poet, and Classical Philologist

"Fall down seven times, get up eight" -Chinese proverb

"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"Success must be felt within before it can be seen on the outside." - Unknown

"There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." - Ralph Marston, Author and Publisher of The Daily Motivator

"You have to do what others won't to achieve what others don't." - Unknown

"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Philosopher & Writer

"Pain is only weakness leaving the body" - Unknown

"Good luck is the result of hard work and preparation" - Unknown

"Strength is the product of struggle" - Unknown

"The race goes not only to the swift nor the contest to the strong, but that's the way to bet your money" - Unknown

"How am I to know what I can achieve if I quit?" -Jason Bishop, About Bodybuilding Reader

"Be patient and tough; some day this pain will be useful to you" - Ovid

"The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground" - Unknown

"It's about mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter" -Unknown

"Tough times don't last. Tough people do." - Unknown

"We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It's not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist." Vince McConnell

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

"There are only two options regarding commitment, You're either in or your out. There's no such thing as life in between." - Anonymous

Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated." -Anonymous

"It's never too late to become what you might have been". -George Elliot

"Belief triggers the power to do" -David Schwartz

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." - Marilyn vos Savant, Columnist

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." - Lena Horne, Singer

"The act of taking the first step is what separates the winners from the losers. - Brian Tracy, Motivational speaker

"Your body hears everything your mind says." - Naomi Judd, Singer/Songwriter

"The man who has no imagination has no wings. " - Muhammad Ali, Boxing Champion, Peace Ambassador

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky, Professional Hockey Player

"The harder you work, the luckier you get." -Gary Player, Golfer

"Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do" - John Wooden, UCLA Basketball Coach

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning form failure. - Colin Powell, U.S. Secretary of State

"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." - Donald Trump, Entrepreneur

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage." - Anais Nin

"Quitters never win and winners never quit " - anonymous

"To give any less than your best is to sacrifice a gift" Steve Prefontaine, runner

"Great souls have wills; feeble ones have only wishes."- Chinese Proverb

"Things do not change. We change." - Henry David Thoreau, Author/Philosopher

Hard work is a two-way street. You get back exactly what you put in.

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
Lance Armstrong

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."

"Many people believe things happen to a reason, well I say go out and make those things happen

try and fail but dont fail to try

"You give what you give, what you dont give is lost forever, this day will never come again"

"I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

"Just say to yourself... how bad do I want this? Am I working harder than the person who will be standing next to me?"

The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

"Limitations are for people that have them and excuses are for people that need them." ? Unknown

Djin
05-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Look at my signature.

johnderriLLL
05-24-2009, 05:05 PM
nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

AUSSIE85
05-24-2009, 05:20 PM
Some of these are paraphrased. Also, don't know the origins of most of them. I'm certainly not claiming to be the author of them.

" There's no pill or shake that can replace hard work"
"The weak and unwilling go on holiday to a little place called too hard"
"If it is to be, it is up to me"
" Successful people are those who do things that others are unwilling to"
" If trophies were meant to be easy to come by, everyone would get a trophy"

"Every day I look in the mirror, I make a new starting point"

"Curls get the girls"- Reffering to Bicep curls.

johnderriLLL
05-24-2009, 05:36 PM
if you aint dippin you must be trippin.

Lifterforlife10
05-24-2009, 06:08 PM
"If somebody beats me, its not because they outworked me."
Layne Norton

"A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
- Walter Gagehot

" The task ahead of you is never greater than the power behind you."

First ones my favorite ATM

Awibble
05-24-2009, 07:00 PM
The one in my signature.

raysa_j
05-24-2009, 10:20 PM
“If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it.” William Arthur Ward

a3ki66
05-25-2009, 12:28 AM
to me, this applies to all aspects of life... relationships, work, health, etc...

"you deserve what you settle for" -a friend told me that years ago... and i have never forgot it. in other words, if i settle for being fat and unhealthy, then i deserve feeling like a piece of crap.

malik_sabri
05-25-2009, 06:26 AM
"Just say to yourself... how bad do I want this? Am I working harder than the person who will be standing next to me?"

Thishttp://www.johndoeenterprice.com/img/BR/B6.gif

MoneyRespect
05-25-2009, 06:32 AM
Well, i made this one "the heart is stronger than muscle" lol it was when i was drunk, it makes sense in my own way.
edit:yes i know the heart is a muscle

hufo
05-25-2009, 07:27 PM
"if you dream it, you can achieve it"

ChicagoChef
05-25-2009, 10:19 PM
"You are what your deep, driving desire is.
As your desire is, so is your will.
As your will is, so is your deed.
As your deed is, so is your destiny"
-Brihadaranyaka Upanishad IV.4.5

"Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Tears are acceptable. Pain is acceptable. Injury is acceptable. Quitting is unacceptable."

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or ****ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

Not sure of the origin of those last two; pretty sure I picked up them up around these boards.

BuryWhite
05-26-2009, 09:49 AM
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.

DixiesFinest
05-26-2009, 11:03 AM
"'It is destiny' - phrase of the weak human heart!?It is destiny' - dark apology for every error! The strong and virtuous admit no destiny."

"The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the na?ve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget"

Physical strength is nothing without an indomitable will.

You cannot dream yourself into a Character, You must Hammer and Forge yourself one. ΣΧ

?Your actions, and your action alone, determines your worth."

?Cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once"

?Remember, man, that thou art dust, and to dust thou shalt return?

?Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved?
- Williams Jennings Bryan

?No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.?

?Fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired that you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round - remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped?
-James Corbett

MattP343
05-26-2009, 11:32 AM
subscribing

heatlill
05-26-2009, 12:04 PM
I hate to lose more than I love to win. Jimmy Connors

Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared. Eddie Rickenbacher

Elk888
05-26-2009, 12:23 PM
"On the B of the bang"- Sprinting Champion Linford Christie (...when asked "At what point do you begin to run at the start of a race?")

Spielzeug
05-26-2009, 12:34 PM
nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

slogan for anorexics...

fishscale4sale
05-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Best motivational quote ever:

MIl5RxhLZ5U

"This is my body. And I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it, study it, tweak it, listen to it. Everybody wants to know what I'm on. What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?"
- Lance Armstrong

DE.TAPER
05-27-2009, 05:25 PM
ok personally arnold is my favorite bodybuilder of all times... he is who i look up to and i got posters of him all over ... so this really DOES work for me... just reading his quotes helps me to have a better workout...

i thought some one out there might benefit from this so here they are ... all quotes from the good old ARNOLD ....

I never set limits or created mental barriers. You may have read that I imagined my biceps as big as mountain peaks when I did my curling exercises. This visualization process was essential if I was to gain the kind of mass and size I needed to win the Mr. Olympia contest against monsters like Sergio Oliva and Lou Ferrigno ...
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Experiencing this pain in my muscles and aching and going on and on is my challenge. The last three or four reps is what makes the muscles grow. This area of pain divides a champion from someone who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens. I have no fear of fainting. I do squats until I fall over and pass out. So what? It's not going to kill me. I wake up five minutes later and I'm OK. A lot of other athletes are afraid of this. So they don't pass out. They don't go on." - Arnold Schwarzenegger!

I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street. - Arnold Schwarzenegger!

If it bleeds, we can kill it. Arnold Schwarzenegger!

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

Learned helplessness is the giving-up reaction, the quitting response that follows from the belief that whatever you do doesn't matter.
Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Good things don't happen by coincidence. Every dream carries with it certain risks, especially the risk of failure. But I am not stopped by risks. Suppose a great person takes the risk and fails. Then the person must try again. You cannot fail forever. If you try ten times, you have a better chance of making it on the eleventh try than if you didn't try at all."
Author: Arnold Schwarzenegger!

The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it-as long as you really believe 100 percent.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger!

"I was always interested in proportion and perfection. When I was fifteen, I took off my clothes and looked in the mirror. When I stared at myself naked, I realized that to be perfectly proportioned I would need twenty-inch arms to match the rest of me."
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

"My body is like breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I don't think about it, I just have it."
Arnold Schwarzenegger

"As a kid I always idolized the winning athletes. It is one thing to idolize heroes. It is quite another to visualize yourself in their place. When I saw great people, I said to myself: "I can be there.""
Author Arnold Schwarzenegger

'We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There?s really an attitude
to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be
hungry. You have to want to conquer.'

'My instinct was to win, eliminate anyone who is in competition, destroy my enemy,
and move on without any kind of hesitiation at all.'

'The best activitities for your health are pumping and humping.' - 1975

'Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.' - 1975

'Having a pump is like having sex. I train two, sometimes three times a day. Each
time I get a pump. It's great. I feel like I'm coming all day..." - 1979

'Stay hungry, stay healthy, ba a gentleman, believe strongly in yourself and go
beyond limitations.' - 1975

'The unique thing about bodybuilding is that when I compete it is just me on a stage
alone. There is no field, no bat, no ball, no skis, no skates. All other athletes
have to use equipment, like a football. But I don't use anything in competition
except myself. It's just me up there. Me alone. No coach. No nothing.'

'My definition of a sport is that it's a physical activity that involves
competition. Since bodybuilders certainly train and then compete, we are certainly a
sport.'

'It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat.'

the end.

V-Robb
05-27-2009, 08:13 PM
Ja, Ich hab' Arnold sehr gern.

Yes, I dig Arnie, too! How about these:

"C'mon, get serious. 2 more..."

"Your buttocks are like marshmallows! You're lucky we don't have a campfire here in the background, believe me."

and unrelated to workout motivation:

"...and I inhaled, unlike some people."

anth342
05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
ahahah in arnold we trust

TheAssassin
05-29-2009, 03:59 AM
awesome quotes thanks

kglic1
05-29-2009, 07:41 AM
"If you cant sacrifice for your dream, then its not your dream"

Scottvckrs
05-29-2009, 07:46 AM
nothing tastes as good as thin feels.http://nopollution.info/hosted/img/3499/l09y0412wfkq/tracker.gif

I like that one, but my current favorites are:

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
-Arnold

-and-

"You can dream a little dream or you can live a little dream. I'd rather live it, because dreamers always chase but never get it." --from No Regrets by Aesop Rock

Spanerman
05-29-2009, 11:19 AM
"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping."
-Arnold

i like that one, gives me an excuse for sex :)

prouddaddy1
05-29-2009, 02:05 PM
check my signiture

J-Cubed
05-29-2009, 02:40 PM
"The strongest steel is forged with the hottest fire." It may not be the most motivating quote ever, but when I'm going to failure I always think about this.

Unbelievable94
05-29-2009, 03:03 PM
"Many of life's failures are men who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas A. Edison

Hench19
05-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Some of theese are good thanks guys

ghostofinsanity89
05-30-2009, 07:17 PM
from the top of my head...

"He who makes himself a beast rids himself of the pain being a man"

"If you didn't get what you wanted, You didn't want bad enough"

"Only some people get what they want, Those are the ones that comes and get it"

"Don't do your best, Do whatever It Takes"

and when I am struggling and wants to quit, I ask myself this:
from the movie Men of Honor,
"Why do want it so bad?"
"Cause they said I can't have it"

bking10
05-31-2009, 10:21 AM
i'll add a few

“Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb”

"If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience"

"its cool to love to win but its better to hate to lose"

“Of every one hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are nothing but targets, Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them...They make the battle. Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...and He will bring the others back." -Hericletus (circa 500 B.C.)

"Cancer can take away all my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever." Jimmy V

those and the ones in my sig

thall345
05-31-2009, 05:46 PM
few more that i have

Today's weakness is tomorrow?s failure.

"People do it everyday, they talk to themselves... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it. "

"Never be satisfied with what you achieve, because it all pales in comparison with what you are capable of doing in the future."

Go hard or go home. I didn't get here with high reps and low weight.

Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need.

"Never live in the past but always learn from it." ? unknown

Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"

"soccer reminds me of trying to get laid in high school... a whole lot of running around, but very little scoring."

"Yesterday was history. Tomorrow is a mystery. But today is a gift, and that is why it's called the present"

"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around." Vanilla Sky

"I will do today what others will not do, so i can have tomorrow what others will not have."

"Success is not something you pursue, success is something you become"

Victory is reserved for those willing to pay its price

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the next with no loss of enthusiasm."

"Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment. Full effort is full victory."

"What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals."

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

"Discipline weighs an ounce, regret weighs a ton."

"When you're about to give up, remember why you started."

"Hell is when you meet the person you could have been."

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

work_hard_kidd
06-02-2009, 03:52 PM
"if things go wrong don't go with them, go to the gym"
when in pain lift, as if you'll lift that pain"

Djin
06-02-2009, 03:56 PM
"Don't stop, get it get it!"

LIVE_FAST_
06-03-2009, 03:07 PM
"Can't Stop, Won't Stop, And Yah Don't Stop"

"If your not in 100%, then get the f**k out now."

"The journey is the reward"

"Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today"

angeldevil
06-04-2009, 02:46 AM
I like these thwo animal quotes and the one in my sig

Im not like everyone. I dont live like they live. I dont eat what they eat. No donuts. No coffee with cream and two sugars. No morning papers. Its 6:52 am & I'm on my second meal. While everyone else is hitting the snooze, Im hitting my stride. No coffee breaks. No weekends. No sick days. What do I do? I'm a bodybuilder & yeah, its a job.

What do I do? I?m a bodybuilder & yeah, it?s a job. Only the day doesn?t start at 9 & it won?t end at 5. It starts from the time I open my eyes to the time I shut them. It?s not a 5 day work week. I live it 24/7... This is a job. This is my life

Dirty Diesel
06-04-2009, 10:30 AM
"The difference between combat and sports is that in combat you bury the guy who comes in second" - unknown

rancar1
06-04-2009, 06:08 PM
"I would rather die standing than live on my knees!"

?I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you?

?The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly.?

?One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly.?

?The best way to destroy an enemy is to make him a friend.?

"Worrying does not empty tomorrow of it's troubles, it empties today of it's stength"

WackyChris
06-05-2009, 05:45 AM
few more that i have

"Success is not something you pursue, success is something you become"

"Discipline weighs an ounce, regret weighs a ton."

"If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change."

All your quotes were motivating, but these three are phenomenal. Thanks alot man and repped.

sayIwont
06-05-2009, 05:54 AM
"he who wants what no one else has, must be willing to do what no one else has done." unknown

XFitX
06-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Simply.. AMAZING

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vincent T. Lombardi

zbrewha863
06-08-2009, 11:12 PM
The ones in my sig, and:

"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't." -- Gen. George S. Patton

"There is one great thing that you men will all be able to say after this war is over and you are home once again. You may be thankful that twenty years from now when you are sitting by the fireplace with your grandson on your knee and he asks you what you did in the great World War II, you won't have to cough, shift him to the other knee and say, "Well, your Granddaddy shoveled **** in Louisiana." No, Sir, you can look him straight in the eye and say, "Son, your Granddaddy rode with the Great Third Army and a Son-of-a-Goddamned-Bitch named Georgie Patton!"

Kazzy
06-09-2009, 03:01 PM
"The slower you go, the further you get."

Halothane
06-09-2009, 03:36 PM
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerouus men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality.

He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary

What is wrong with wanting more than the regular?

You're hardcore... Great. You're bigger than that kid training in your gym. Super. You're stronger than anyone in the room... Fantastic. So what?

We're sure you're girl is fine, your pooch is cute, and your ride is bitchin'... We don't care

A FREAK
06-09-2009, 05:06 PM
great thread!!

Rickpun
06-10-2009, 06:32 AM
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." - Abe Lincoln

"If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always got." - Anthony Robbins

lacrosse_boy
06-10-2009, 11:09 AM
Nobody is ever going to give you anything. If you want something, go out and take it.

"Fear is your best friend or your worst enemy. It's like fire. If you can control it, it can cook for you; it can heat your house. If you can't control it, it will burn everything around you and destroy you.

All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring.

Pain does not stop the body. There's nothing that hurts so badly that you can't keep going just a little longer.

"Without discipline, no matter how good you are, you are nothing!

Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience <<< that's my fav

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on

try not. Do or do not. There is no try

Pain tells me I?m alive

The trick is to bite off more than you can chew, then chew like hell

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. << another one of my fav

Every man dies. Not every man truly lives.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.
If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.

Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have

You have to be the best, give it everything you have. Hold nothing back and have no regrets, only then can you truly succeed.

xXxKidderxXx
06-10-2009, 12:04 PM
This is my altime favorite from Rocky

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
Rocky Balboa

or for the video just type in "Rocky speech" into google

Fatman2
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
For all you sport comptetitors....
No one likes losing, find me someone that doesn't mind losing and I'll show you a loser.

JoeyFitness2009
06-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Good things come to those who wait but only whats left by those who hustle - Abe Lincoln

QUOTE=BuryWhite;332635891]"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Roosevelt

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."
Rollins

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."
Arnold

Love these quotes and hope that one day I can get them on posters.

What are you favorites?[/QUOTE]

shraggler
06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again."

NGUNNGU

aboutmuscle
06-11-2009, 09:30 AM
"You will always hit a wall in everything you do in life. How you overcome this wall is the true measure of your determination and perseverance. Always remember: the wall isn't there to stop you; it's a way to making you realize how much you truly desire to achieve your goal."

Magmarashi
06-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

If you want to win the race, be prepared to get off the starting block.

It hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse.

Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better.

TrueToTheEnd
06-11-2009, 04:56 PM
"where the mind is, the body follows"

ghostofinsanity89
06-11-2009, 06:45 PM
"I may walk slow, I may walk fast but I never walk backwards."

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me' "

"Compliments destroys a bodybuilder, Criticisms makes one"

signature166
06-11-2009, 07:47 PM
What are your favorites?

Tyjim
06-12-2009, 10:34 AM
Suck it up.

Brent_S_Bailey
06-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body-United States Marines

SwornEnemy94
06-14-2009, 08:12 AM
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser."....Vince Lombardi

foxdie_elf
06-14-2009, 09:58 AM
My signature will do

Djin
06-14-2009, 10:48 AM
When **** hits the fan, just laugh.

Ackilles
06-14-2009, 04:11 PM
'when your going through hell, keep going' - winston churchill

'not everyone who works hard, succeeds. but everyone who has succeeded, has worked hard'

'we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars'

Rawsy_08
06-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body-United States Marines

That one !! i was thinking about this quote just before and actually during my workout before and it has really kept me motivated :)

thill85
06-15-2009, 11:38 PM
To be the best, You half to take out the best. Never Back Down.

Impossible is Nothing.

margo82
06-16-2009, 07:48 AM
I like 'Failure to prepare is preparing to fail'

Finnegan Bell
06-16-2009, 02:03 PM
"The only difference between successful people and unsuccessful people is extraordinary determination." -- Mary Kay Ash, Entrepreneur

Finnegan Bell
06-16-2009, 02:06 PM
I like 'Failure to prepare is preparing to fail'

Failing to plan is planning to fail ??

Nezo
06-16-2009, 02:52 PM
i'll add a few

?Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb?

"If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire, then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience"

"its cool to love to win but its better to hate to lose"

?Of every one hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there, Eighty are nothing but targets, Nine are real fighters...We are lucky to have them...They make the battle. Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...and He will bring the others back." -Hericletus (circa 500 B.C.)

"Cancer can take away all my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart and it cannot touch my soul. And those three things are going to carry on forever." Jimmy V

those and the ones in my sig

Wow, I was given the all clear from leukaemia not so long ago & that quote is amazing. Definitely going to be thinking of that when I'm on a downer from not being able to stuff I once used to be able to do.

Radiasian
06-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I was gonna rip his heart out, im the best ever, im the most vicious, most ruthless, champion theres ever been. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and im just ferocious wanna eat your children, praise be to allah!

SecondSucks
06-16-2009, 06:02 PM
"You give what you give, what you don't give is lost forever, this day will never come again." -King

Zody
06-16-2009, 09:50 PM
"Never say the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

"I kick butt daily, but it doesn't matter how many butts I kick, but how long I can kick em'"

"THE HARDEST THING ABOUT EARNING A TITLE IS THE ABILITY TO LIVE UP TO IT"

"You are born weak and die weak, what you are in between those two periods of time is up to you"

"The more muscle the more titties"

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there."

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."

"Each workout is like a brick in a building, and every time you go in there and do a half-ass workout, you're not laying a brick down. Somebody else is." - Dorian Yates

-superman
06-16-2009, 10:36 PM
"It can't be done."

isosceles
06-17-2009, 05:54 PM
oh man pretty much every muhammad ali quote ever... but the one that sticks out:

"I run on the road, long before I dance under the lights

and for follow up

"I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was."

"It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe."

matrixpb64
06-18-2009, 08:07 AM
"The harder you work, the luckier you get"

"Every sunrise in Africa a Gazelle wakes up,
it knows that it must out run the fastest lion in order to survive.
Every sunrise in Africa a Lion wakes up,
It knows that it must out run the slowest Gazelle in order to survive,
It doesnt matter if you are a Gazelle or a Lion,
comes sunrise,
youd better be running"

Jdangerous
06-18-2009, 11:15 AM
I feel like training now.

crackyflipside
06-18-2009, 08:08 PM
"The stronger you are, the weaker he will be. Begin now, tomorrow it can be late."

"At the peak of tremendous and victorious effort, while the blood is pounding in your head, all suddenly comes quiet within you. Everything seems clearer and whiter than ever before, as if great spotlights had been turned on. At that moment, you have the conviction that you contain all the power in the world, that you are capable of everything, that you have wings. There is no more precise moment in life than this, the WHITE MOMENT, and you will work hard for years, just to taste it again."

"The blood of your fathers has turned to water in your veins. Not your lot is it to be strong as they were. Having tasted neither life's sorrows not it's joy, like a sickling you look at life through a glass. Your skin will shrivel, your muscles grow weak, tedium will devour your flesh destroying desire. Thought will congeal in your skull and horror will stare at you from the mirror. Overcome yourself, overcome yourself.... I tremble, I seethe, I clench, I seize the haul."

All quotes from Yuri Vlasov.

http://caestuspalestra.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/vlasov3.jpg

ccj804
06-18-2009, 11:25 PM
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil-
for I am a lot more insane than is valley." Ted Berrigan

MattP343
06-18-2009, 11:33 PM
“Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well trained warrior. My heart and my soul will be the fuel to carry my body when my limbs are to weary. I will never falter, I will never lose focus as long as there is hope in my mind and my heart still beats. I will never give in to the evil that is weakness and I will fight that evil with my dying breath. Energetically will I meet my enemies, no one will challenge me, none will stop me from my goal. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Champions word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall at the hands of my enemy and under no circumstances will I ever surrender. Readily will I display the discipline and strength required to fight on to my objective and I will complete my mission. I will rise when I fallen. I will rip the heart from my enemy and leave it beating on the ground. My enemy need not fear me but he will respect me and if he does not. I will make him respect me with all that I have to give.”

MattP343
06-18-2009, 11:40 PM
I was gonna rip his heart out, im the best ever, im the most vicious, most ruthless, champion theres ever been. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and im just ferocious wanna eat your children, praise be to allah!
hahahahahahahahaha Mike Tyson is one of a kind

makavelicss
06-19-2009, 06:42 AM
When **** hits the fan, just laugh.

I f*ckin like that one!

makavelicss
06-19-2009, 06:47 AM
"Don't take life so serious. No one gets out alive anyway"

Just makes me think theres no point in being unhappy.

Freddie Beef
06-19-2009, 11:31 AM
"Do or do not, there is no try".....Yoda

Mookie9920
06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
"Shut up and lift"

V1be
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

- Vince Lombardi

-Lucifer
06-22-2009, 06:52 PM
"Everybody pities the weak. Jealousy you have to earn." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all".

"Violence is a survival tool".

"Fear is the true opiate of combat".

hklar17
06-23-2009, 11:41 AM
-What You Put In Is What You Get Out!

OKPump
06-23-2009, 10:38 PM
not sure if this has been posted, but this quote basically puts my day-to-day decisions into perspective.

"Everything you do, every decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further away from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

fogenijus
06-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Hi, i'm new in this forum and i like this thread very much. For the topic my favorite quote: "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars" :)

LifeChanging09
06-24-2009, 05:34 AM
"Everything you do, every decision you make, either takes you a step closer or a step further away from your goal. You either grow or you regress; nothing stands still."

Truth 100%... Check sig because its by far the most true!!

white-goodman
06-24-2009, 06:46 AM
Some of these are awesome.

Can anyone make some of these into background images for desktops? that'd be pretty cool

SMTWTFS
06-24-2009, 09:16 AM

Thats a good one.

iDrive
06-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Our Greatest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

-Marianne Williamson

Halothane
06-24-2009, 06:57 PM
You just-you ain't gettin' it. You don't understand. This is the only thing you're ever gonna have. Forever, it carries you forever. It's an ugly fact of life. It's the only fact of life. You got one year, one stinkin' year to make yourself some memories, son. That's all. It's gone after that. And I'll be damned if you're not gonna miss it.

Requisite 101
06-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I love this thread!

"Compliments destroys a bodybuilder, Criticisms makes one"

That is SO TRUE!

JAY-
06-27-2009, 04:05 PM
"You are. Idiots. All of you. I am too. You lift, you eat, you sleep, you progress. Have a ****ing cookie. Will this lifestyle take you anywhere? Get you that big promotion? Teach you about finances and how to change a flat tire? Every week, for hours of time that could otherwise be used productively, in the gym you sit. You lift. You drink tap water. You listen to music. You do not wear proper clothing. You grunt, struggle, risk injury, sweat, bleed, and walk out a beaten man. Recreation should ease the mind, not beat the body. Between your diet, your workouts, your rest, and probably for most of us our genetics, we will fail to reach the pro's 999 times out of 1,000. And that's being generous.

But you know what? The part that sucks the most? The salt on the wound? We know this. We know that it is unlikely we will ever set foot on an IFBB stage and stand medial deltoid to medial deltoid with the pros. We are aware, as a whole, that at 45 years old, if we are to be pulled over and arrested for impersonating a police officer, we will not get the Ronnie Coleman headline. Most of us will be working, sleeping, struggling to get by. Some of us may not make it that far. Others will drop this habit within the next few years. Some will grow fat, others will waste away to scrawn. This is something that is fleeting, youth and muscularity, gone in an instant.

And we fight. We fight everything. Gravity, when 405 pounds of iron is bestowed upon our backs and the only thing keeping it from crushing our bodies is our will to squat. Others, when we are so dedicated that those 95 pound dumbells are not going anywhere until my sets of shrugs are done. Even our own bodies that we are trying to build and nurture, we fight. Not hungry? Too ****ing bad, here's 40 grams of protein, 10 grams of healthy fats, and 50 grams of complex, grainy, tasteless carbohydrates. See you again in 2 hours.

And this my friends, is why we succeed. We do not give up. We do not back down. We do not succumb to temptations and the obstacles thrown our way. Every morning, at 5 am, while others may sleep, we train. After a long shift at work, problems with the girlfriend, life gives us lemons, and we train. We will not go pro, we will not be the next GQ cover, we will not make a name for ourselves. We do this for our own peace, our own good, our own satisfaction, and that is nothing that can be taken, even in the deepest of recessions."

DJScrew_inmyCup
06-27-2009, 04:22 PM

i remember that! mike tyson FTW

AtlBraves
06-27-2009, 04:56 PM
I train...Everyday...For you? No, I train for me. Even though I may think about you each and every brutal second I'm out there, I only do it to hold me over until the next moment in MY life. I only do it in hopes that one day I might become what I've built you up to be in MY mind. The day this training of mine is over, is the day that I forget about you. And on that day, I'll stop, turn around, and say "damn boy, that was hard, lets move on to something that's actually worthy of a challenge." Yeah, that's right. I may have moved a little ways away, but I'm still a presence to be reckoned with. You remember that next time you even THINK about trying to make a fool of me at my own games

Anatomic
06-27-2009, 05:06 PM
"it's over 9000"

GBHammbone
06-28-2009, 09:02 AM
secone one in my sig

5P's: Proper Preperation Prevents Poor Performance

This was on a sign in the football weightroom in high school

TRUEmass88
06-28-2009, 05:27 PM
"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength." -Arnold

Djin
06-28-2009, 05:32 PM
"it's over 9000"

OMFG. I love that skit. It's probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. IT"S OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big-E.
06-28-2009, 06:37 PM
Discipline is the bridge between setting goals and accomplishments.

Requisite 101
06-28-2009, 08:02 PM
From Fight Club:

"All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I f*ck like you wanna f*ck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not."

BredFromFire
06-28-2009, 08:17 PM
"All your life you are told the things you cannot do. All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or he wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. They will tell you no, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly....

...and you will tell them yes."

ZepLike
06-28-2009, 08:57 PM
"You always pass failure on the way to success."

?You ain't gonna miss your water until your well runs dry?

?Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold...?

David.Remley
06-29-2009, 05:51 PM
no pain no gain

if3ii
06-29-2009, 06:21 PM
Military related

"The only easy day was yesterday" SEALs motto

"The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war" William Shakespeare

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?"

C306
06-29-2009, 07:55 PM
I have a bunch written at the back of my work out book. here they are :)

Great work is done by people who are not afraid to be great
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals
you must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures
The dictionary is the only place success comes before work
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit
Where you start is not as important as where you finish
Try not to become a man of success, but become a man of value
Always give a hundred percent and you'll never have to second guess yourself
Continuous effort, not strength or intelligence is the key to unlocking our potential
Do a little more each day than you think you possibly can
Do every act of your life as if it were your last
A person shows what he has by what he does with what he has
Be as you wish to seem
Decide that you want it more than you are afraid of it
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines you well you do it

Determination, Patience and courage are the only things needed to improve any situation
Do not fear the winds of adversity. Remember a kite rises against the wind rather than with it

March on. Do not tarry. To go forward is to move forward to perfection. March on. And fear not the thorns, or the sharp stones on lifes path

Most games are lost, not won.

Limitzx
06-30-2009, 01:05 AM
"This is not doomsday. It's not the end of the world. It's just another training day for me. Everything in life is up for grabs. I've got to take what's mine. I've got to be right in the middle of it. I stopped once to watch the sights. It was the worst ****ing mistake I ever made. Don't make the same mistake. Not a single day will go by when you won't miss out in life, but I'm here to tell you the real life begins when you're in the weight room, struggling for a breath of air, fighting to re-rack that bar. Yeah, you can go out and play instead. But remember, playtime is for when you're a kid. And you're a man. So be prepared to get your hands dirty. Let's see some ****ing sweat and blood. Let's rock 'n roll brothers. "

youngt
06-30-2009, 01:16 AM
"Take what is useful, discard what is useless and add what is essentially your own."

Mfusick
06-30-2009, 08:28 PM
here are just some of the ones i have collected over the past year... feel free to add your favorites to the list

"Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weights." Ronnie Coleman

"You focus your mind to train your body and the changes that begin to take place impact your mind as well. Dream it, believe it, and you will achieve it."

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

"If you always do what you have always done, then you will always get what you have always got."

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog" - Magic Johnson, NBA Star

"I hated every minute of training, but I said, don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong." - Unknown

"Only the weak attempts to accomplish what he knows he can already achieve." - Stella Juarez Author

"Failure will not overcome me so long as my will to succeed is stronger" - Micheal S. Kirby

"If you are hurt, whether in mind or body, don't nurse your bruises. Get up and light-heartedly, courageously, good temperedly get ready for the next encounter. This is the only way to take life - this is also 'playing' the game!" - Emily Post

"The human body experiences a powerful gravitational pull in the direction of hope" - Norman Cousins Author

"That which does not kill me makes me stronger" - Friedrich Nietzsche, Philosopher, Poet, and Classical Philologist

"There is nothing we cannot live down, rise above, and overcome." - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

"There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." - Ralph Marston, Author and Publisher of The Daily Motivator

"The race goes not only to the swift nor the contest to the strong, but that's the way to bet your money" - Unknown

"How am I to know what I can achieve if I quit?" -Jason Bishop, About Bodybuilding Reader

"We must train from the inside out. Using our strengths to attack and nullify any weaknesses. It's not about denying a weakness may exist but about denying its right to persist." Vince McConnell

"The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something. You can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

"There are only two options regarding commitment, You're either in or your out. There's no such thing as life in between." - Anonymous

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent." - Marilyn vos Savant, Columnist

"It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it." - Lena Horne, Singer

"The act of taking the first step is what separates the winners from the losers. - Brian Tracy, Motivational speaker

"The man who has no imagination has no wings. " - Muhammad Ali, Boxing Champion, Peace Ambassador

"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky, Professional Hockey Player

"Don't let what you can't do interfere with what you can do" - John Wooden, UCLA Basketball Coach

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning form failure. - Colin Powell, U.S. Secretary of State

"I like thinking big. If you're going to be thinking anything, you might as well think big." - Donald Trump, Entrepreneur

"To give any less than your best is to sacrifice a gift" Steve Prefontaine, runner

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
Lance Armstrong

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place."

"Many people believe things happen to a reason, well I say go out and make those things happen

"You give what you give, what you dont give is lost forever, this day will never come again"

"I have found iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me. It never runs. Friends may come and go but two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength, Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, its impossible to turn back, the iron never lies to you.

The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

"Limitations are for people that have them and excuses are for people that need them." ? Unknown

repped

movebigweight73
07-01-2009, 10:40 PM
"I care not that you have fallen, I only care that you arise." - Unknown

"Control the thoughts before they become words, control the words before they become actions, control the actions before they become destiny." USMC Sgt. 1st class Sean Greene

boNie001
07-02-2009, 10:07 AM
"It's never too late to become what you might have been".
"If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting."

gbg
07-05-2009, 02:14 AM
MOTIVATION ("The flow") The Psychology of Optimal Experience

Studies at the University of Chicago by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, author of "Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience" concluded that the highest achievers are those who consistently push themselves out of their comfort zones. Instead of withdrawing to their comfort zones when they don't get immediate results, they force themselves to stay at this awkward, uncomfortable and painful (but higher and better) level of performance until the pain finally subsides and they become comfortable at the new higher level. Or, as motivational speaker Tom Hopkins puts it, "pain of every change is forgotten when the benefits of that change are realized."

one more....Achievement expert Brian Tracy says, "90% to 95% of people will withdraw to the comfort zone when what they try doesn't work. Only that small percentage, 5 or 10 percent, will continually raise the bar on themselves; they will push themselves out into the zone of discomfort, and these are always the highest performers in every field.

The Shoeless Wonder
07-06-2009, 10:00 PM
"Nothing is Impossible"
&
"impossible is nothing"

localstommy
07-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Heres what I gathered.

"The beauty about bodybuilding is that, we destroy your body. Then we must heal it inorder to destroy it again. Iron love"

"Confident guys are confident because they know that it will come. If it is not now, then it will come. If it will come, then it is not now. Yet, it will come."

"Every breath we take brings us one closer to our last. What are you waiting for? For yourself to become 'perfect'? You never will be."

"CHANGE DOES NOT COME WITH COMFORT - EVER"

"It’s not what we say out loud that really determines our lives. It’s what we whisper to ourselves that has the most power."

"No one who has ever done his best has ever regretted it"

"Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to."

"Realize that if you have the time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it.”"

"You MUST CONCENTRATE upon a given DESIRE until that desire becomes a BURNING OBSESSION. The starting point of all achievement is DESIRE. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat. If you find yourself lacking in persistence, this weakness may be remedied by building a stronger fire under your desires."

"Sometimes the best gain is to lose"

"What do you have left to react on now? All three things are gone. You cannot react, and if you can't react to something there is no growth. Growth only occurs when there is a reason for it. If you nurture and water a plant it will grow, if you choose not to water it then it will not grow. If you struggle catching up to your prey, your body will evolve to increase your speed. Your speed doesn't increase "just because".

"no matter how bad things get, just keep going. you only fail when you give up "

Quote from the movie Bruce Almighty: - Handwork is a blessing, it purifies a man. Some of the most happy people I know come home smelling to heaven's..

"The old way wasn't working so it's on us to do what we gotta do to survive ~2pac

Everytime you feel like procrastinating, ask yourself this. "If not now, When?"

"If you look risk up in the dictionary, it defines it as: possibility of loss or injury. Hmm, Possibility of loss or injury. People don’t like the possibility of losing. You know why? BECAUSE THERE IS THAT CHANCE THEY COULD POSSIBILY LOSE!!!! Guys don’t be afraid to fail, because if you do, you are already a failure."

"As I close guys just remember, the bigger the risk the bigger the reward!! There is no way to escape it either. Go big or go home."

"Just as you become what you think about, you also become what you say to yourself."

Antagonist
07-09-2009, 08:26 PM
The one quote I like is at the end of Eminem's new song "Beautiful".

I'd paste it, but it'd sound weird out of place.

Here it is- ww.youtube.com/watch?v=7NzRDZZ3Pvo (What, have 30 posts to post links?) Just add the first W I suppose.

Clifford-James
07-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

PERSISTENCE and DETERMINATION alone are omnipotent.

-Calvin Coolidge

DA_MOSS
07-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I DO NOW WHAT OTHERS WANT SO I CAN HAVE LATER WHAT OTHERS CANT!!

If you do not like the RULES, just follow the rules until you reach the top and then change them.

You always pass failure on the way to success.

Have the courage to accept what you can't alter and to alter what you can't accept

xslick
07-10-2009, 10:22 PM
it's motivational. . . .

sleepersp
07-11-2009, 09:33 AM
"the tough times don't last, but the people do"

Mfusick
07-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

PERSISTENCE and DETERMINATION alone are omnipotent.

-Calvin Coolidge

good one

JOSEF RAKICH
07-12-2009, 02:54 AM
Probally alot of reposts, but still alot of good quotes

- Weither you say you can or you cant, you are probally right.

- Pain is temporary, Glory is forever.

- Never say the sky is the limit, when there is alredy foot prints on the moon.

- The closer you are to failure, the closer you are to victory.

- Pain is weakness leaving the body.

- Rome wasent built in one day.

- Champions train, Losers complain.

- If you want results, train like it.

- If you do what you always did, then you will get what you always got.

- Being defeated is often a temporary condition, giving up is what makes it permanent.

- You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there

- You only fail if you give up, If you dont give up you you have not failed, you just havent succeeded yet.

- If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

- The worst thing you can be is average.

- Go hard or go home.

- If your not trying your hardest, why even bother trying.

- Be great or be nothing.

- If you dont live for sometihng you'll die for nothing.

- If you're out of breath, dizzy, feel like vomiting, can't remember your name, you are on the right road.

- Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today.

- When it starts to hurt, thats when the set starts.

- The Hardest Thing About Earning A Title Is The Ability To Live Up To It.

- Its all fun and games untill someone loses an eye, then its just fun you cant see.

- To achieve something you've never had before, you must do something you've never done before.

- Doubt me, hate me, you're the inspiration I need.

- I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.

- Its not the size of the Dog in the fight,Its the size of the fight in the Dog.

- Losers live in the past and winners play for today.

- Passion is born when you catch a glimpse of your potential.

- Obsession is just a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated.

- The toughest part of getting to the top of the ladder, is getting through the crowd at the bottom.

- To be number 1 you have to train like your number 2.

- No pain, no gain.

- The only place that you will find success before work is in the dictionary.

- We are born weak and we die weak, what u are inbetween is up to you.

- I dotn sweat, i shine.

- What the mind can conceive the body can achieve.

- Every morning in Africa a Gazelle wakes up, and knows it must run faster than the fastest Lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up, and knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It does not matter whether you are a Gazelle or a Lion, when the sun comes up, you'd better start running.

- Losing hurts more.

- The most irresistable human being on Earth is the dreamer whose dreams have come true.

- To be the best, You got to train to beat the best.

- Light days? Whats that? ... Some kind of tampon?

- The difference between what's impossible and possible lies within a person's will.

- Dont fear the weights, make the weights fear you.

- A champion is one who gets up when he cant.

- "I cant" Those words should never be used in the same sentance.

- A Warrior would never quit.

- I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because you said i couldnt.

- The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.

- The wolf on the hill is not as hungry as the wolf climbing the hill.

bking10
07-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Next time you're tempted to say you "can't," remember that what you're really saying is, "I don't want to."

You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on

"It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe."

"I Will Not Be Outworked. Period. You might have more talent than me, you might be smarter than me, you might be sexier than me, you might be all of those things. You got it on me in nine categories. But, if we get on the treadmill together, there's two things: You're getting off first, or I'm gonna die. It's really that simple."- Will Smith

JavierSW
07-12-2009, 05:19 PM
Good ones, nice post.

kharned02
07-12-2009, 07:01 PM
kinda out there because of who said it but this always gives me a good laugh and pumps me up..

your not man enough to **** with me, you couldnt last 2 min in my world bitch. look you scared now punk, scared like a little white pussy. scared of the real man, i will **** you till you love me ***got. -- mike tyson

Zody
07-14-2009, 12:17 AM
I DO NOW WHAT OTHERS WANT SO I CAN HAVE LATER WHAT OTHERS CANT!!

If you do not like the RULES, just follow the rules until you reach the top and then change them.

You always pass failure on the way to success.

Have the courage to accept what you can't alter and to alter what you can't accept

Woah awesome quotes there. Will hit you on recharge

MattP343
07-14-2009, 10:42 AM
kinda out there because of who said it but this always gives me a good laugh and pumps me up..

your not man enough to **** with me, you couldnt last 2 min in my world bitch. look you scared now punk, scared like a little white pussy. scared of the real man, i will **** you till you love me ***got. -- mike tyson
ahhhahaha I seriously cannot get enough Mike Tyson quotes... Not exactly sure they would be found under MY definition of motivation, but hilarious none the less.

MattP343
07-14-2009, 08:33 PM
he was alittle racist though... and people wernt scared of him because he was good, they were scared that they would get bit.
I agree with the first part but not the second.

Richie88
07-15-2009, 02:14 PM
"You never now know far you can go until you go."

addicted20
07-15-2009, 02:23 PM
"The Tough Don't Need A Break" that gives me a damn hard on hahaha love this quote me and my buddy say it.

Memorial93
07-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Anything Leroy Davis says in Blood 'N' Guts.
Only he can say those phrases and make them badass

iGoHam
07-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Work before Glory.

zyx1337
07-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Probally alot of reposts, but still alot of good quotes

- Every morning in Africa a Gazelle wakes up, and knows it must run faster than the fastest Lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up, and knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It does not matter whether you are a Gazelle or a Lion, when the sun comes up, you'd better start running.

\

Who said this? :P I liked it alot

tbonez3858
07-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Make Glory dream of you.

mooseknuckles
07-20-2009, 06:32 PM
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af79/mooseknuckles/179552.jpg?t=1248139834/

Toolism462
07-21-2009, 09:28 AM

Lance Armstrong

some of these are real good

MaximusPlatypus
07-21-2009, 07:37 PM
the arnie quotes, and the one in my sig

Mooch121
07-21-2009, 07:59 PM
"If I had 8 hours to chop down a Cherry tree, I'd spend 7 hours sharpening my axe."
-Abe Lincoln

Preparation fellas, preparation and hard work.

Crusher_
07-21-2009, 09:27 PM
This speech from Rocky 6 actually stuck with me even though its a boxing analogy it aplies to everything you go through in life..

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody!"

Mgrunner
07-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Check my signature.. thats a great MJ quote that has really motivated me !

gotskillz11
07-22-2009, 05:38 PM
Some of my favorites were already posted but here's a few more...

"What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Henry David Thoreau

"Trust yourself. Think for yourself. Act for yourself. Speak for yourself. Be yourself. Imitation is suicide"
Marva Collins

"Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from"
Jodie Foster

sexy1972
07-23-2009, 06:45 PM
"It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
Roosevelt

Arnold

My favorites:
""The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right now"" ? Zig Ziglar

"If you are going to win any battle, you have to do one thing. You have to make the mind run the body. Never let the body tell the mind what to do... the body is never tired if the mind is not tired."-General George S. Patton

"Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must move faster than the lion or it will not survive. Every morning a lion wakes up and it knows it must move faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be moving." - Maurice Greene

"Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit." - George Sheehan

"Age wrinkles the body. Quitting wrinkles the soul." - General Douglas MacArthur

beyondbasic
07-26-2009, 10:13 AM
when the power of love, overcomes the love of power. the world will know peace. (unknown)

ChicagoChef
07-26-2009, 10:20 AM
when the power of love, overcomes the love of power. the world will know peace. (unknown)

I *think* this one was Jimi Hendrix...

IceCube43
07-28-2009, 04:19 AM
"The key to my exercise program is this one simple truth: I hate my body. Do you understand that the second you look in the mirror and you're happy with what you see, baby, you just lost the battle?"

Dr. Cox, Scrubs

ilovehurling
07-28-2009, 06:12 AM
"Fear is temporary but regret is premanent" -Unknown

DanTheManB
07-28-2009, 06:42 AM
"If you work hard, and you don't ever stop believing, you make your own good fortune"--Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher

miketylke
07-28-2009, 12:57 PM
"brad has good abs"

driver145
07-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Many great ones have been said here.

These are not on the same scale... but two that I like from the movies are:

Sean Connery from "The Rock"
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and f*ck the prom queen."

From "Troy"
Messenger Boy: "The Thesselonian you're fighting... he's the biggest man i've ever seen. I wouldn't want to fight him."
Achilles: "That's why no-one will remember your name."

Xler8d
07-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Found this a long time ago and copied it. I don't know who wrote it.

SUCCESS

Why do I succeed?
I succeed because I am willing to do the things you are not.
I will fight against the odds.
I will sacrifice.
I am not shackled by fear, insecurity or doubt.
I feel those emotions--drink them in and then swallow them away to the blackness of hell.
I am motivated by accomplishment, not pride.
Pride consumes the weak--kills their heart from within.
If I fall--I will get up. If I am beaten--I will return.
I will never stop getting better. I will never give up--ever.
That is why I succeed

shamroc617
07-28-2009, 05:41 PM
"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder then you. Guess what.. I'm that someone" -- Kevin Garnett

orvalsamazon
07-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Bear with me.. it takes a little lead story in order to get the effect:

After my divorce I had just turned 30 (and was about 40 pounds lighter). My ex had been the only man I had dated or had sex with and so all I wanted was no-string fun. And man it just rocks being a single woman.. free food and all the sex you can stand. Anyway.. I ended up seeing this one particular man for a few weeks. I had picked him because his body made you just want to sink your teeth in, but turned out he was very funny and successful and I actually ended up respecting him - which at that point in my life - was pretty shocking. Anyway after seeing him a few times, I ended up talking to him - another shocker - and shared about the regret of many of my choices and then spoke of how I wanted to pursue my MBA but was too scared of failure. He said several things to me but the most important was this one:

"Well, how many more regrets do you plan on having?"

That really motivated me. I busted my butt and got my MBA while taking care of my twins and working 40+ hrs a week.

Anytime I don't want to get up early, workout, make time to do special things with my children or have a hard decision to make... I think of those words and it works every time.

F22-Raptor
07-29-2009, 10:58 AM
Bear with me.. it takes a little lead story in order to get the effect:

After my divorce I had just turned 30 (and was about 40 pounds lighter). My ex had been the only man I had dated or had sex with and so all I wanted was no-string fun. And man it just rocks being a single woman.. free food and all the sex you can stand. Anyway.. I ended up seeing this one particular man for a few weeks. I had picked him because his body made you just want to sink your teeth in, but turned out he was very funny and successful and I actually ended up respecting him - which at that point in my life - was pretty shocking. Anyway after seeing him a few times, I ended up talking to him - another shocker - and shared about the regret of many of my choices and then spoke of how I wanted to pursue my MBA but was too scared of failure. He said several things to me but the most important was this one:

"Well, how many more regrets do you plan on having?"

That really motivated me. I busted my butt and got my MBA while taking care of my twins and working 40+ hrs a week.

Anytime I don't want to get up early, workout, make time to do special things with my children or have a hard decision to make... I think of those words and it works every time.
Thats awesome. Repped.

trojandynasty
07-29-2009, 12:09 PM
I always believe that quotes are just words unless you can apply them in real life situations. So, these are a few that popped in my head while I trained myself or others:

If someone just shrugs and says, "I know what to do...I'm just lazy..."

"People aren't lazy; they just have impotent goals" -Tony Robbins

If someone comments about how long the process is going to take, or how much time has been lost already...

"Don't count the days; make the days count" -Mohammad Ali

If someone really struggles physically with the training process...

"The body has to go through a certain pain period in order to grow. If you can make it through this pain period, then you make it to be a champion. If you can't, forget it...and that's the difference, when you can go into the gym and say 'I don't care what happens'..." -Arnold

This is one of my favorites, especially when people say the classic excuse, "well I've never hit my goals before, I've always failed before, what makes it different now?"

"The Past DOES NOT equal The Future" -Tony Robbins

Felonist
07-31-2009, 06:06 AM
Just came up with this one myself while I was trying to push myself and hype myself out.

"When will I stop? when I can wear a 45LB Plate on my keychain!!"

BuildingRobb
07-31-2009, 06:25 PM
I *think* this one was Jimi Hendrix...

It was Jimi Hendrix, and it's a good one.

Glaive
08-01-2009, 06:06 AM
"Challenges don't build character, they reveal it."

"You don't live to lift, you lift to live."

"I guess it goes to show, no matter how much you suck, someone else sucks more. Unless of course you're the poor bastard that sucks the most. That would suck." -- random guy on a video game forum

Some people make excuses about why they can't do this or that, or that they don't have the time or energy to workout and eat healthy meals. That's bull. The time is there, you just have to make exercise and nutrition a high enough priority to make room for it in your life. If you make excuses and complain that you don't have time to take care of yourself, then sit down and reorganize your priorities. Excuses get you nowhere, and no one cares about your excuses but you! At the end of the day all those excuses go right out the window: you've either succeeded or you failed--end of story! If you are not willing to get up a little earlier and/or change your schedule around so that you can take care of yourself, then at least admit that it's because you don't want it bad enough to make the effort. ? John Stone

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
-- Albert Einstein

"Low aim is the biggest crime a man can commit.? -- Bruce Lee

?That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.?

It's far too easy to remain silent when something hurts...and usually, someone wants you to keep quiet. I've trained myself to fly in the face of that. F**k silence and the people who would have me keep it. Silence is my enemy. ? Malice

?Life is a pointless drive that we take alone. Might as well enjoy the ride, take the long way home.? -- The Bloodhound Gang

?The only consistent feature of all your dissatisfying relationships is you.?

?Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.?

And my favorite:

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." -- Philip K. Dick

Not all of those are directly fitness-related, but I find them useful for general motivation or maintaining a healthy perspective on life.

rollen
08-01-2009, 12:57 PM
I love some of Lance Armstrong's quotes.

?Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.?

?Anything is possible. You can be told that you have a 90-percent chance or a 50-percent chance or a 1-percent chance, but you have to believe, and you have to fight.??

?If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.?

lacrosse_boy
08-01-2009, 07:23 PM

not unknown. it's a jimi hendrix quote

Jsillers
08-04-2009, 06:53 PM
yesterdays gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again

gottalift78
08-05-2009, 06:54 AM
Your entire life is going to be filled with people who don't want you to succeed, you either let that get to you and go down to their level, or you ignore it and become invincible.

I actually said that... i didn't think i had it in me. but after i read what i wrote I thought it worked pretty well.

Mfusick
08-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Your entire life is going to be filled with people who don't want you to succeed, you either let that get to you and go down to their level, or you ignore it and become invincible.

good one bro...

gottalift78
08-05-2009, 10:37 AM
good one bro...

i know right, i totally kick ass.

omologato24
08-05-2009, 11:53 AM
"Squat! Because somewhere there's a girl warming up with your max."

Not as motivational to the lady's; my apologies.

THUNDERGOD
08-05-2009, 07:50 PM
"The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed in battle."
~Sun Tzu~

1MoreRepUFool
08-05-2009, 10:40 PM

The three best !!

giripai
08-06-2009, 12:32 AM
I read this a long time ago...

"To act you must be somewhat insane, because reasonably sensible people are satisfied with just thinking"

"Nothings gonna come my way that you and I cant handle, Is there O Lord?"

angrymusic
08-06-2009, 03:42 AM
My signatures. Well, except the last one. :)

DanTheManB
08-07-2009, 06:19 AM
My signatures. Well, except the last one. :)

pretty sure winston churchill said the quote u credited to einstein. still, one of my faves

uziel5000
08-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Yesterday is History. Tommorrow is a Mistery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the "present".

Pat369
08-07-2009, 06:07 PM
i love this thread i check it everyday..awesome quotes keep it up

LiveFromNY
08-07-2009, 08:25 PM
"Do Work"

as lame as that sounds lol

E1GHTY_PR00F
08-08-2009, 01:10 AM
Most of these are from Senses Fail's "Life is not a waiting room" album (which completely changed my life).

"Wake up, you're sleeping behind the wheel."

This one hit me the hardest. It's from a Senses Fail song and the way it's used in context to the album is that the quote is a metaphor for life. My whole life I've been asleep at the wheel kind of just letting things pass me by and going with the flow. When I heard this I told myself I need to take control and stop "sleeping behind the wheel" because this life is way too short to waste it letting days and opportunities pass you by as if they're not important at all.

Some others I like:

"The past is only the future with the lights on."

I take this one as: by being able to see my past clearly, I am able to learn from my past mistakes and apply them to the present so that my future can be everything I need it to be.

"I'm surprised it's still so hard for me to see that I should start living my life or I will die unfulfilled and empty."

"Everyday is another chance to make peace with myself, but I would rather play dead."

I used these when I was wavering about whether or not I actually have the ability to turn my life around. I knew every day was a chance to start again but days upon days passed me by before it all finally clicked for me.

"So get on your feet, wipe the dirt off and get with it, destiny waits at your door (all wrapped up with ribbon). It's time to move on, cause the past can't be your passion. So what if you did something wrong? Find someone who hasn't."

There are a lot more from this album that just totally made me open my eyes and take a look around to realize that I need to change, RIGHT NOW.

beepbeep
08-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Some of these have probably been posted already, but here goes:

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

"If you can't sacrifice for your dream, then it's not your dream" -?

"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our greatest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, fabulous, gorgeous, talented? Actually, who are you not to be? ... You're playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you... It's not just in some of us. It's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we automatically give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fears, our presence automatically liberates others." -Marianne Williamson, famously used by Nelson Mandela

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." -Unknown

"Those who won't are no better than those who can't." -Brian Billick

kicha
08-08-2009, 10:03 PM
"This is not doomsday. It's not the end of the world. It's just another training day for me. Everything in life is up for grabs. I've got to take what's mine. I've got to be right in the middle of it. I stopped once to watch the sights. It was the worst ****ing mistake I ever made. Don't make the same mistake. Not a single day will go by when you won't miss out in life, but I'm here to tell you the real life begins when you're in the weight room, struggling for a breath of air, fighting to re-rack that bar. Yeah, you can go out and play instead. But remember, playtime is for when you're a kid. And you're a man. So be prepared to get your hands dirty. Let's see some ****ing sweat and blood. Let's rock 'n roll brothers. "
I really liked what you wrote~ to the point and non-flowery way of saying, 'if you aint here training right, what the hell you doing here?'
~ Cheers, K

rocksmith
08-09-2009, 05:20 AM
I will persist until I succeed. I was not delivered into this world into defeat nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be lead by my shepherd, I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny. I will persist until I succeed

MattP343
08-10-2009, 01:53 AM
I will persist until I succeed. I was not delivered into this world into defeat nor does failure course in my veins. I am not a sheep waiting to be lead by my shepherd, I am a lion and I refuse to talk, to walk, to sleep with the sheep. The slaughterhouse of failure is not my destiny. I will persist until I succeed
Quote is by Og Mandino

ARRUDA721
08-10-2009, 08:15 PM
"If your not unconscious, then you quit"

mogadishumilee
08-10-2009, 09:19 PM
cool quotes

localstommy
08-11-2009, 12:13 PM
"No matter how long the road of success may be. I plan on to keep driving for greatness."

xenojc
08-11-2009, 12:19 PM
If it bleeds, we can kill it. Arnold Schwarzenegger!

zyx1337
08-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Yesterday is History. Tommorrow is a Mistery. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the "present".

wow strong kung fu panda quote

BigGameJames
08-12-2009, 04:13 PM
I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.

Michael Jordan

Elgi
08-13-2009, 01:49 PM
"you may say that i am a dreamer but i'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one"

"i am so fast i flip the switch and i'm in bed before the light are off" - Muhammad Ali

"i am too positive to be doubtfull, too optimistic to be fearful and too determined to be defeated"

"Learn from yesterday, LIVE FOR TODAY and hope for tomorrow"

"there is a thin line between knowing when to give up and when to try harder"

"never give up on something you can't go a day without thinking about"

"take risks if you win, you'll be happy, if you lose, you'll be wise"

be strong now because things will get better it might be stormy now but it can't rain forever"

"people who are too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage yours"

"everyone thinks of changing the world. But no one thinks of changing themselfs"

"the road to success is not a path you find but a trail you blaze"

"all dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them"

"don't waste a minute not being happy. if one window closes, run to the next window or break down a door"

"fear is what stops you... COURAGE is what keeps you going"

"the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

" the difference between a successful person and others is not in a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."

my all time favorite

" LIFE ISEN'T ABOUT FINDING YOURSELF. LIFE IS ABOUT CREATING YOURSELF"

" MY HUNGER FOR SUCCESS IS FUELED BY MY PASSION"

one of the best ones i read was

"procrastination is like masturbation, it might seem like a good idea at the time but in the end your just *ucking yourself"

and

"The best exercise is pumping and humping" - Arnold

Great thread!!!

keitznic
08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
the body can achieve what the mind can perceive

localstommy
08-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Fall 7 times get back eight. Never gave up, now fail labeled me, "Great"

1MoreRepUFool
08-14-2009, 07:53 PM
You deserve what you settle for...

ACL
08-15-2009, 02:09 PM
"CMON, Get Serious! 2 more!"

That has to be my best, I've said it out loud a few times in the gym when training alone =/

Piano
08-16-2009, 06:32 AM
Pain is weakness leaving the body

zyx1337
08-16-2009, 09:54 AM
how about someone with someone with ability put all the quotes into 1 page and updates it every week or so? could be cool

will rep

Voss.Empire
08-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Train like a freak and finish first cause second sucks, and not till somone says it cant be done will i know il close to success. no matter what the cost, wheither its blood sweat or tears, no matter what finish first. cause pain is temporary but pride is forever. and obsessive is just a word the lazy use to describe the deticated

strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will

sjk4272
08-16-2009, 03:41 PM
A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs.

Joan Welsh

Big-E.
08-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.

1MoreRepUFool
08-16-2009, 07:46 PM
Train like a freak and finish first cause second sucks, and not till somone says it cant be done will i know il close to success. no matter what the cost, wheither its blood sweat or tears, no matter what finish first. cause pain is temporary but pride is forever. and obsessive is just a word the lazy use to describe the deticated

strength does not come from physical capacity, but from indomitable will

Like this combo

FoodBlister
08-18-2009, 09:32 PM
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." -Thucydides

We must remember that one man is much the same as another,
and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
- Thucydides, "History of the Peloponnesian War" (431-404 B.C.)

donati03gt
08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
it makes no difference what you do, do it as hard as you can for as long as you can and never give up.

- rip
devo

syckboy731
08-20-2009, 08:56 PM
"It ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done! Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Rocky

olddart
08-24-2009, 02:03 AM
more of a boxing thing but

"I can beat my own ass at the gym or i can let someone else do it for me in the ring"

RastaBaby18
08-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Great thread! It's really inspiring..

- Success is my only mother****ing option, failure's not.

Candice_B
08-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Great thread! It's really inspiring..

- Success is my only mother****ing option, failure's not.
isn't it from Eminem or something ?

"We make war that we may live in Peace"
(Aristotle)

CSW23
08-25-2009, 02:49 PM
Very awesome !!!

mcginley
08-26-2009, 02:57 PM
come home on your sheild , or come home on it
when you enter the gym ask yourself why you even here.
do not train to look good train to make others look bad
obbsessed is the word the lazy use to descirbe the dedicated

one i use when i trian in mma andd jujitsu
"train hard fight easy, train easy fight hard"
I"f a picture is worth a thousand words -then
an ACTION is worth a thousand pictures." - BJ PENN

bking10
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM
a new one a found the other day

"My belief is stronger than your doubt.."

demigodMatt
08-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I am your constant companion,I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
I am at your command.
Half of the tasks that you do, you may as well turn them over to me
and I will do them quickly and correctly.
I am easily managed, you must merely be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done;
after a few lessons I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great people and alas of all failures as well.

Those who are great I have made great, those who are failures I have made failures.
I am not a machine, but I work with all the precision of a machine,
plus the intelligence of a person.
Now you may run me for profit or you may run me for ruin.
It makes no difference to me.

Take me, Train me, be firm with me, and I will lay the world at your feet.
Be easy with me and I will destroy you.

Who am I? I am called Habit.

RussianNick
08-27-2009, 11:52 AM
"The slower you go, the further you get."

???

Kiwi_Kid
08-28-2009, 11:47 PM
My sig, I was said by bush though....

jeff80
08-29-2009, 08:19 AM
By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.

sanitariumite
08-31-2009, 02:19 AM
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate;
I am the captain of my soul.

Invictus - William Ernest Henley

To me, this isn't so much a quote, but a prayer. But when I need to keep pushing, I think "Bloody but unbowed," and that line can get me through absolutely anything.

1MoreRepUFool
08-31-2009, 08:59 PM
I am your constant companion,I am your greatest helper or your heaviest burden.
I will push you onward or drag you down to failure.
I am at your command.
Half of the tasks that you do, you may as well turn them over to me
and I will do them quickly and correctly.
I am easily managed, you must merely be firm with me.
Show me exactly how you want something done;
after a few lessons I will do it automatically.
I am the servant of all great people and alas of all failures as well.

Those who are great I have made great, those who are failures I have made failures.
I am not a machine, but I work with all the precision of a machine,
plus the intelligence of a person.
Now you may run me for profit or you may run me for ruin.
It makes no difference to me.

Take me, Train me, be firm with me, and I will lay the world at your feet.
Be easy with me and I will destroy you.

Who am I? I am called Habit.

Like this one

unkalledfor
09-01-2009, 02:52 PM
I don't think anyone has posted this yet.. if they have, sorry...
It's from the Rocky IV song "Burning Heart" by Survivor

"In the warrior's code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries: never!"

Trev91
09-01-2009, 03:38 PM
When god measures an athlete, rather then measuring his size and muscles; for they show his physical dimenensions, he wraps a tape around there heart for that shows how much courage he can posess in the heat of battle.

This is a quote i thought about back in my days when i played football.

SophieM
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM
"An is is just a was that was
and this is very small
And is is was so soon
it almost wasn't is at all
For is is only is until
it is a was ? you see. . .
And as an is advances ? to
remain an is can't be
'cause if is is to stay an is
it isn't is because
another is is where it was
and is is then a was"
~~~~~~
"Today, just like yesterday, and like tomorrow,
I will make the most of my workout.
I will be intense, I will be committed, I will be focused.
Today, just like yesterday, and like tomorrow,
I will push my body to the limit,
I will embrace the hurt, I will embrace the pain.
Today, just like yesterday and like tomorrow,
I will lift heavier
I will get bigger
I will get stronger "

casvg5
09-02-2009, 07:21 AM
"'it is destiny' - phrase of the weak human heart!?it is destiny' - dark apology for every error! The strong and virtuous admit no destiny."

"the stupid neither forgive nor forget; the na?ve forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget"

physical strength is nothing without an indomitable will.

You cannot dream yourself into a character, you must hammer and forge yourself one. ΣΧ

?your actions, and your action alone, determines your worth."

?cowards die many times before their deaths; the valiant never taste of death but once"

?remember, man, that thou art dust, and to dust thou shalt return?

?destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved?
- williams jennings bryan

?no pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown.?

?fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding and your eyes are black and you are so tired that you wish your opponent would crack you one on the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round - remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never whipped?
-james corbett

in hoc!!

pound4pound30
09-02-2009, 12:48 PM
"only the strong survive"

"you will not win because i will not lose"

mant001
09-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Going to the gym is like going home, you may leave for a while but in the end you always wanna go back home- Tom Platz

ghostofinsanity89
09-02-2009, 04:54 PM
"An is is just a was that was
and this is very small
And is is was so soon
it almost wasn't is at all
For is is only is until
it is a was ? you see. . .
And as an is advances ? to
remain an is can't be
'cause if is is to stay an is
it isn't is because
another is is where it was
and is is then a was"

I'm pretty sure that's a nice quote...but I just cant understand it lol
mind explaining it?

liliana876
09-03-2009, 07:55 AM
Read this poem in one of Napoleon Hill's books:

"I bargained with Life for a penny,
And Life would pay no more,
However I begged at evening
When I counted my scanty store;

For Life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask,
But once you have set the wages,
Why, you must bear the task.

I worked for a menial's hire,
Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life,
Life would have paid."

Some of my favorite quotes:

"Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight." ~ Albert Schweitzer

"There is no worst failure than not trying"

"You will resemble, tomorrow, the DOMINATING THOUGHTS that you keep alive in your mind today!" ~ Napoleon Hill

"You give before you get." ~ Napoleon Hill

?It is better to remain silent on a subject and be thought a fool, then to speak with ignorance and leave no doubt.? ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Whatever your mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve" ~Napoleon Hill

"You must be willing to do the things today, that others are not doing, to have the things tomorrow, that others will not have" ~ Les Brown

"Every change in human attitude must come through internal understanding and acceptance. Man is the only known creature who can reshape and remold himself by altering his attitude" ~ John C. Maxwell

Favs of favs:
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony"
"My Goal in Life Is To Be As Good a Person My Dogs Already Think I Am"
"You must be the change you see in the World" ~ Mahatma Gandhi

liliana876
09-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Oh, another one:

"It is never to late to be what you might have been"

SophieM
09-03-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm pretty sure that's a nice quote...but I just cant understand it lol
mind explaining it?

Live in the moment.

An event now, will be an event in the past. It cannot stay in the present, so don't let it bother you. Another event will soon come and take it's place. ;)

bbeast
09-03-2009, 11:48 PM
ok these are my babies and ive made this list since like 2 years ago and im finally sharing them after such a long time. Ive read every single quote probably out there and put together the best :

Don't ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back.

In order to be walked on, you have to be lying down.

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

At the timberline where the storms strike with the most fury, the sturdiest trees are found.

When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us

When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune

The best motivation always comes from within.

dec 20th

A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting
The only job where you start at the top, is digging a hole
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog.

To reach a port we must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it. But we must not drift or lie at anchor.

There's always free cheese in the mouse traps, but the mice there ain't happy

God gives nothing to those who keep their arms crossed
The road to success is lined with many tempting parking spaces.

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in.

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have
The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart

My crew is all fired up
Y'all better just wise up
Everybody gettin' sized up
Before we all rise up
Start runnin' your times up
Cuz' when my crew ride up
The sky gon' light up
Everybody get FIRED UP!!!
Remember when you see a man at the top of a mountain, he didn't fall there.

People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care
The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed, but not defeated.
The shell must break before the bird can fly.

If the going is real easy, beware, you may be headed down hill.
The mind is a lousy master but a wonderful servant
Experience is not what happens to a man, it's what a man does with what happens to him.

The best way out is always through.

If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most...We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on

Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven.

One kind word can warm three winter months

If God had intended Man to Smoke
He would have set him on Fire.

Heroism consists in hanging on one minute longer.

It is better to be deceived by a friend, than to suspect them.

It is better to have men ask why you have no statue, than why you have one.

Whenever you fall, pick something up.

Life's a whore and I'm broke

i cant control when emotions are created but i can control when they are destroyed

that was the pre warm up, to get u ready for the warm up,which procedes the pre workout,folowed by the wrkout,then a 60m coldown

Those that are afraid to fall never fly

Do u wanna become great, DO U?? COMON!!!!!
moby "Body Rock"
brb, getting huge
If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
Be proud, but never satisfied.
Pain is only weakness leaving the body
Limitations are for people that have them and excuses are for people that need them

Why do want it so bad?"
If things go wrong don't go with them, go to the gym
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you
Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience
If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
Never say the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

Pain does not stop the body. There's nothing that hurts so badly that you can't keep going just a little longer.
You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened - or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the **** on
in blackness the answer is not to 'find the light', but to create it
The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground
Your body hears everything your mind says
YOU GOTA WANT IT!
You either crawl under a rock and get crushed by it, or you get stronger and bench press that mother****er off you
?Brave? is the only word. Its the only thing i ask myself to be.
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because u said i couldn?t.
I would rather make my name, than inherit it.
Dont try to go to heaven by backing away from hell.
Champions train, Losers complain
If you want results, train like it
Its all fun and games untill someone loses an eye, then its just fun you cant see.
I don?t sweat, i shine!
Id flex for u but i really like this shirt
If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view

They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder then you. Guess what.. I'm that someone
If your not unconscious, then you quit
i am so fast i flip the switch and i'm in bed before the lights are off
be strong now because things will get better it might be stormy now but it can't rain forever

;) alot of time and effort in all of them. enjoy

VaderCharger
09-04-2009, 10:50 AM
These are great especially when I am feeling like giving up.

dw300
09-07-2009, 08:07 AM
"Do you know who I am?! I'm the Juggernaut, b*tch!" lol

Ok, not a great quote, although its an epically bad line in the movie which makes it funny and memorable, but the whole juggernaut mentality is a good one. Visualising him busting through each consecutive wall is a good image to have when pounding through reps in a tough set. (X-Men III)

MIKE6191
09-07-2009, 09:16 AM
"f I needed someone to control me
If I needed someone to push me around
I would change my direction
And save myself before I drown" - Three Days Grace (Drown)

I like it because it is all about changing your own ways, no one else can do it for you.

Mr.Next in Line
09-07-2009, 09:18 AM
ok these are my babies and ive made this list since like 2 years ago and im finally sharing them after such a long time. Ive read every single quote probably out there and put together the best :

Don't ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back.

In order to be walked on, you have to be lying down.

At the timberline where the storms strike with the most fury, the sturdiest trees are found.

When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don't see the one that has opened for us

When I hear somebody sigh, "Life is hard," I am always tempted to ask, "Compared to what?"

The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune

The best motivation always comes from within.

dec 20th

A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting
The only job where you start at the top, is digging a hole
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog.

To reach a port we must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it. But we must not drift or lie at anchor.

There's always free cheese in the mouse traps, but the mice there ain't happy

God gives nothing to those who keep their arms crossed
The road to success is lined with many tempting parking spaces.

Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in.

If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it.

The best way to predict your future is to create it.

Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you have
The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart

My crew is all fired up
Y'all better just wise up
Everybody gettin' sized up
Before we all rise up
Start runnin' your times up
Cuz' when my crew ride up
The sky gon' light up
Everybody get FIRED UP!!!
Remember when you see a man at the top of a mountain, he didn't fall there.

People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care
The best place to find a helping hand is at the end of your own arm.
Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed, but not defeated.
The shell must break before the bird can fly.

If the going is real easy, beware, you may be headed down hill.
The mind is a lousy master but a wonderful servant
Experience is not what happens to a man, it's what a man does with what happens to him.

The best way out is always through.

If you aren't going all the way, why go at all?

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most...We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And when we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Never forget that only dead fish swim with the stream.

Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on

Everyone is kneaded out of the same dough but not baked in the same oven.

One kind word can warm three winter months

If God had intended Man to Smoke
He would have set him on Fire.

Heroism consists in hanging on one minute longer.

It is better to be deceived by a friend, than to suspect them.

It is better to have men ask why you have no statue, than why you have one.

Whenever you fall, pick something up.

Life's a whore and I'm broke

i cant control when emotions are created but i can control when they are destroyed

that was the pre warm up, to get u ready for the warm up,which procedes the pre workout,folowed by the wrkout,then a 60m coldown

Those that are afraid to fall never fly

Do u wanna become great, DO U?? COMON!!!!!
moby "Body Rock"
brb, getting huge
If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
Be proud, but never satisfied.
Pain is only weakness leaving the body
Limitations are for people that have them and excuses are for people that need them

Why do want it so bad?"
If things go wrong don't go with them, go to the gym
I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you
Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience
If they can make penicillin out of mouldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.
Never say the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there.
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't.

in blackness the answer is not to 'find the light', but to create it
The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground
Your body hears everything your mind says
YOU GOTA WANT IT!
You either crawl under a rock and get crushed by it, or you get stronger and bench press that mother****er off you
?Brave? is the only word. Its the only thing i ask myself to be.
I do it because i can, i can because i want to, i want to because u said i couldn?t.
I would rather make my name, than inherit it.
Dont try to go to heaven by backing away from hell.
Champions train, Losers complain
If you want results, train like it
Its all fun and games untill someone loses an eye, then its just fun you cant see.
I don?t sweat, i shine!
Id flex for u but i really like this shirt
If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view

They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder then you. Guess what.. I'm that someone
If your not unconscious, then you quit
i am so fast i flip the switch and i'm in bed before the lights are off
be strong now because things will get better it might be stormy now but it can't rain forever

;) alot of time and effort in all of them. enjoy

wow!! man i couldnt even remember that,,this is a book of the books,lol ima have to use some of these

BPP
09-08-2009, 05:52 AM
subscribed

awesome stuff guys, keep it up

bbeast
09-08-2009, 06:33 AM
subscribed

awesome stuff guys, keep it up

my list was pretty good huh BPP *wink *wink

lol im playin if u guys have got anymore that i can add to the list plz post em aye. in a couple of months ill post my link again so that any new ppl can get them all :)

ghostofinsanity89
09-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Our Greatest Fear

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our light not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?

Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won't feel insecure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of
God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
we unconsciously give other people
permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

-Marianne Williamson

BPP
09-09-2009, 10:48 AM
handin out some reps in this thread for quality stuff

yes newest section mod
yes epic thread
yes spending time here now

Armilpp
09-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Just like my siggy says.
There's a difference between winners and losers. Winners do things that loser's don't.

And when I'm about to deadlift or do some heavy ass weights I just say this quote to myself, "Champions just do" or.."Just f*ckin do it!!!!"

NJPump
09-09-2009, 12:33 PM

yes newest section mod
yes epic thread

1. u spelled nao wrong ass hole.

2. nao i know where u got the habit thing ;)

ghostofinsanity89
09-09-2009, 12:43 PM
Here some moar!

"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add but when there is nothing more to take away"

"Strive for perfection with the anger that you know you will never achieve it"

"He who makes a beast of himself rids himself the pain of being a man"

"sometime's it's easier to say you dont care than to try and explain all the reasons why you really do "

"If you don't go after what you want, you'll never get it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don?t step forward, you?re always in the same place."

"Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own."

"Burn me.
Drown me.
Tell me lies.
I will still be who I am."

"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom; mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power."

"Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one"

"The moment you start thinking what you would have done when you lose, You have already lost"

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."

"I cannot teach you violence, as I do not myself believe in it. I can only teach you not to bow your heads before any one even at the cost of your life."

"Nobody can hurt me without my permission. "

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."

"Experience is a hard teacher, she gives you the test first and then the lessons after"

"Our greatest fear should be not that our lives will some day come to an end, but rather, that they may never begin."

NJPump
09-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

"Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live."

"Become strong again in spirit, strong in will, strong in endurance, strong to bear all sacrifices"

"It's better to live one day as a lion, than a thousand years as a lamb."

"Fear not death,
for the sooner we die,
The longer shall
we be immortal."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."

"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist."

Neals91
09-09-2009, 06:25 PM
impossible is nothing

thall345
09-10-2009, 10:50 AM

yes newest section mod
yes epic thread

welcome BPP, your presence alone is motivating lulz

Rawp0wer1O1
09-12-2009, 01:35 AM
You raised the bar?
I'll raise it 2 inches higher.
You run?
I'll run ten steps faster.
You train?
I'll train five times harder.

All your life they will say you're not good enough or strong enough or talented enough; they will say you're the wrong height or the wrong weight or the wrong type to play this or be this or achieve this. THEY WILL TELL YOU NO, a thousand times no, until all the no's become meaningless. All your life they will tell you no, quite firmly and very quickly. AND YOU WILL TELL THEM YES.

^^I like to say that one in my head right before I max on dead lifts. I close my eyes and envision a crowd of people just shouting and all I can make out are the "NO's" Then in my head I scream YES as I pull that quarter-plus ton off the floor ;)

JackB87
09-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Does anyone have a quote from Arnold about being "average" (I think). It's in some guys profile on here but I can't find it.

Bit vague but thanks in advance.

patrickcams
09-12-2009, 03:01 PM
This article makes me feel damn good about workout out, everything in it is soo true

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sex_news_sports_funny_grok/guest_atomic_dog

"Well, Bob, I guess you could use the term bodybuilder if you really need a label for what it is we do. Most of us actually don't stand on stage and compete, though. We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing. Truthfully, it goes beyond even that.

"Let's be honest here. We do it because of people like you, Bob. We look at you sitting there with your gut hanging over your belt and we watch you grunt and groan just getting out of a chair. Guys like you are our inspiration, Bob. You're better than Anthony Robbins, Bill Phillips, Deepak Chopra, and Zig ****ing Ziglar all wrapped up into one. We love it when guys like you talk about not having time to exercise. Every time we see you munching on a bag of potato chips, you inspire us. You're my shot in the arm, Bob, my living and breathing wake-up call, my own personal success coach.

"You want to know what it is we do? We overcome. We're too busy to train, too, but we overcome. We're too busy to prepare healthy meals and eat them five or six times a day, but we overcome. We can't always afford supplements, our genetics aren't perfect, and we don't always feel like going to the gym. Some of us used to be just like you, Bob, but guess what? We've overcome.

FreezeMuscle
09-12-2009, 08:56 PM
Well, I saw the thread and thought that I'd share my quote (as detailed below).

"Optimism & Effort Bring Success". It's never let me down.

Inked187
09-13-2009, 01:02 AM
" its not how you get knocked down but about how you get back up'
" a life without abition is like a boat without water"
" To live forever is to do something worth remebering"

jbyoun1990
09-13-2009, 08:12 AM
i really like some of them

bking10
09-13-2009, 04:38 PM
just saw this one, think it really applies to this site

The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want most for what we want in the moment.

Mnx4
09-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Awesome thread, keep 'em coming.

Here are some of my favorites:

The question for each man to settle is not what he would do if he had means, time, influence and educational advantages; the question is what he will do with the things he has. The moment a young man ceases to dream or to bemoan his lack of opportunities and resolutely looks his conditions in the face, and resolves to change them, he lays the corner-stone of a solid and honorable success.
-Hamilton Wright Mabie

If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
-Marcus Aurelius

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
-Theodore Roosevelt

I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self.
-Aristotle

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
-Sun Tzu

Finally, this is a great comic. I've made it a poster and it's hanging by my other motivational posters.
http://www.kiwisbybeat.com/minus37.html

rolledthatho
09-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Limits just like fears, are often an illusion