PDA

View Full Version : This will motivate you!

MickM
05-23-2009, 08:33 AM
It's simple. In every gym across the globe there is a person who has started bodybuilding AFTER you and they look remarkably better than you do. When you are in the gym and you see a guy who looks better than you do, there is a possibilty that you have been training longer than him but he is more dedicated than you are.

What motivates me is: If you didn't know me you wouldn't think I trained. As much as I have improved in my years of training, people still see me as skinny and small, no matter how much I've gained. That get's me going as well as the above.

joco1214
05-23-2009, 03:03 PM
It's simple. In every gym across the globe there is a person who has started bodybuilding AFTER you and they look remarkably better than you do. When you are in the gym and you see a guy who looks better than you do, there is a possibilty that you have been training longer than him but he is more dedicated than you are.

What motivates me is: If you didn't know me you wouldn't think I trained. As much as I have improved in my years of training, people still see me as skinny and small, no matter how much I've gained. That get's me going as well as the above.

that second part seems demotivating, unless i'm reading it wrong

imTKain
05-23-2009, 03:53 PM

Yeah, I don't see this as motivating at all, but if it works for you...

Kyle.Lgk
05-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Discipline, structure, routine, habit, will power

Keeps me confident

Attracts female

Incentive to cut back on vices

Longevity... slower aging

Better function... strength, power, agility, speed, endurance

Better Health... think more clearly, wake up feeling better, sleep better, etc...

It helps me get ahead... Attractive people are treated better in society (not fair, but the truth). They're seen as smarter, funnier, more capable, etc...

And so on...

imTKain
05-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Attractive people are treated better in society (not fair, but the truth). They're seen as smarter, funnier, more capable, etc...

How is it not fair? We work harder and live healthier than fat ass people and are thus rewarded. It's totally fair.

bb24
05-23-2009, 10:09 PM
How is it not fair? We work harder and live healthier than fat ass people and are thus rewarded. It's totally fair.

He didn't say skinny vs. fat. He said "attractive" and that is defined by society. And no, not all "attractive" people work hard and live healthier. I see plenty of well built guys that drink alcohol like you wouldn't believe, smoke a ton of cigarettes and who knows what else, and eat all kinds of crap that's not good for the body.......yet they still are labeled as the "attractive" ones.

If the world were fair, we wouldn't have things like poverty. Just a thought.

bb24
05-23-2009, 10:10 PM

Keeps me confident

Better Health... think more clearly, wake up feeling better, sleep better, etc...

And so on...

Amen, brother.

IronCharles
05-24-2009, 11:40 AM

Certainly not all that motivates me, but I understand what you are saying. But it works both ways, too. When I go to the gym, I see guys that were there when I started, are there almost every time I'm there, and you can't tell that they are making any gains. That motivates me, because I know these guys are looking at me in the exact same manner you describe! That in itself motivates me to try even harder, to get even better. Some cats approach me in the gym and say "Hey, you've made a lot of changes recently, what is your secret", or "What steroids are you taking?" lol. So I'm being motivated both from ahead and behind. I'm motivated to stay ahead of the slackers who are not making any progress, and I'm also motivated by the guys who are better than me. If that makes any sense.

mattiboi450
05-25-2009, 05:49 AM

Keeps me confident

Attracts female

It helps me get ahead... Attractive people are treated better in society (not fair, but the truth). They're seen as smarter, funnier, more capable, etc...

And so on...

Perfect...couldnt put it better

rocklockridge
05-25-2009, 11:39 AM
I used to being motivated by thinking that if I missed a step that I was on my way back to where I started. Now being a writer for bodybuilding.com is enough for me to push harder every day. Also seeing as how I write a motivational bodyblog, I can't have an off day.

Senecan
05-25-2009, 12:19 PM
On a day that I just don't feel like going to the gym, I like to think that somewhere theres another person who isn't skipping today and he is progressing faster than me. Kind of along the lines of: When your not training, someone else is.

anth342
05-28-2009, 12:56 AM
it sure did motivate me

bluemoldycheeze
05-28-2009, 12:25 PM
great post!

MjlH
05-31-2009, 10:10 PM
that second part seems demotivating, unless i'm reading it wrong

agreed, lol

punxnotdead309
05-31-2009, 10:20 PM

I get motivated when I see how well other people do. If I see them training hard and their results are good, I usually up my training as well. With my personal trainer, who is a pro. bodybuilder, she helps motivate me to stay on the straight and narrow.

Joelift
06-02-2009, 12:23 PM
On a day that I just don't feel like going to the gym, I like to think that somewhere theres another person who isn't skipping today and he is progressing faster than me. Kind of along the lines of: When your not training, someone else is.

I can't remember which boxer said this, but he was being interviewed about his training regime. Every morning he started out by waking up at 3 a.m. and doing his cardio. When the reporter asked him why he didn't sleep in later he replied, "Because it makes it easier to know that when I'm out there running in the dark, my opponent is still sleeping."

libert
06-02-2009, 12:43 PM
Hmm, the only way I can see this working for the OP is by giving him the realization that just because someone looks better than him doesn't mean that what he is doing is wrong or not working, that some people just have better genetics etc. But still...what the FUKK, that could never motivate me.

NickyBoomBots
06-03-2009, 03:36 PM

i feel like stopping now.. na jp.. that should motivate you

Human710
03-27-2010, 04:02 AM
I happened to discover yours. Thanks for the excellent information!

THUNDERGOD
03-27-2010, 12:22 PM
I think motivation is like music, there is no right or wrong, it is taken differently by all of us. Some people take a negative and use it like fuel to prove people wrong, some need a positive feedback to inspire themselves.

Either way, we can make it work for us!