PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather your team blowout or win close

NewYorkGiants
05-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Think about it before you pick the obvious...

If you are a serious Cavs fan you will probably remember this game for the rest of your life. You will tell your kids stories about how amazing and clutch Lebron's shot was. It will be a special moment in your life as a sports fan that no one can ever take away.

If they had won by 20, does anyone remember this game? It's just another stat in the final score books that no one cares about.

I think through my sports history. The Giants Superbowl win was so much more epic because of the struggles and controversies they'd gone through before/early in the season, as well as the comeback and drive late in the game adding so much pressure. The Phillies World Series was not nearly as exciting for me by comparison because they swept the Brewers, easily handled the Dodgers, and beat the Rays 4-1.

I'd rather see a close series with epic comebacks than a blowout/sweep. Would you?

joeflex73
05-22-2009, 10:37 PM
As a Cleveland sports fan, I've seen way to many close losses. Blow them out and don't give me a heart attack by blowing a 23 point lead, or fumbling away the SB or committing an error in the 9th to let in the tying run.

anonymous123
05-22-2009, 10:38 PM
Win close. SOOOOOOO much more exciting and memorable.

However, I'd rather have my team lose in a blowout. It's such a tease when my team is so close to beating another team and just screws it up at the end or the other team hits a buzzer beater or something. I'd rather an all-out blowout loss than a close one.

Moody72
05-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Win close. If a team wins by 1 point it shows that they faced adversity and prevailed

GPx
05-22-2009, 11:53 PM
Blow out.

Pretty Boy Floyd
05-22-2009, 11:53 PM
this has been discussed many times by various NBA analysts

mind not blowned

21Classic
05-23-2009, 01:04 AM
close wins cause so much stress its unreal

when it comes down to like 7 seconds left and like .2 on the shotclock or 4th and long etc.

my goodness, a win in those situations truly makes your day and you feel sunny as heck, but a loss is crushing and makes you wanna burn something down.

Close WIN > blowout win

blowout loss >>>>>>>>>> close loss

NewYorkGiants
05-23-2009, 06:53 AM
this has been discussed many times by various NBA analysts

mind not blowned

Cool story bro, but would you rather have 20 threads about Lebron on the first page or an actual thread that requires some thinking.

Just sayin.