PDA

View Full Version : Clean Bulk Diet Plan *Advice Needed*

ShibbyUTD
05-22-2009, 08:52 PM
So based off my other thread and reading the forums these past few days, I have compiled this.

I figure I will eat around 3000 calories on workout days, and probably ~2800'ish on rest days because of the no PWO shake.

Stuff like that 4 oz Chicken breast for dinner will probably end up as a 6 oz one. Who knows. OMG SCANDALOUS!

Everything you should need to known is on the picture I believe.

Advice is welcome! Note I have summer class from 1:30 to 3:30 so that effects that small snack I'll have during it (ie. I cannot go to the kitchen at that time, dur).

Don't say not to do Elliptical. I like it, it is my warm up prior to lifting and I think heart health is very important. It is Low intensity so it ISN'T that big of a deal, in my opinion. The calories burned is probably 300 to 400 (machine says 400) but I gain that back through food. It's low impact and easy on my body.

I like doing abs when I go workout, I don't hit them so hard I'm sore for the next day. It is just nice to get the core warmed up.

I listed alternate foods at the bottom that I would also sub in and eat.

I got a lot carbs and low fat in the morning for pre-workout, I got my healthy fats and lower carbs later in the day. Protein throughout the day.

---------
I am working on a lifting routine and it is shaping up to something like this:

Workout Routine Plan:
Monday: 30 min Low Intensity Elliptical, Chest / Triceps
Tuesday: 30 min LIT Elliptical, Bicep / Forearms
Wednesday: LIT Elliptical for 45 min, Abs focus only
Thursday: 30 min LIT Elliptical, Back, Lats, and Shoulders
Friday: 15 min LIT Elliptical, Lower Body
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: LIT Elliptical for 45 min, Abs focus only

^ still a work in progress
-------------

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/ShibbyDPHS/DietEdit1.jpg

RealMenDeadLift
05-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Just my opinion but I would add a little more fat

ShibbyUTD
05-22-2009, 10:13 PM
Just my opinion but I would add a little more fat

19% I think is good

the 9.0 is because fats are higher in calories which you know

any other suggestions? I know this can't be perfect... (nothing is)

ShibbyUTD
05-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Cool, thanks.

ssnipazz
05-23-2009, 09:34 AM
That's an excellent layout you have there. I am truly impressed.

With that being said, I'm curious as to what method you used for your energy expenditure. I'm not sure if 3000 is enough for you to achieve a positive energy balance to bulk.

Your workout is great, and you could either perform your LISS pre or post workout.

I would also recommend substituting 3-6 grams of your fat with Fish Oil.

Your meal planning is excellent, as I said earlier. Please post your method of calculating BMR, Caloric Deficit, and your Activity Level outside of the gym.

fgfan1
05-23-2009, 09:52 AM

With that being said, I'm curious as to what method you used for your energy expenditure. I'm not sure if 3000 is enough for you to achieve a positive energy balance to bulk.

Your workout is great, and you could either perform your LISS pre or post workout.

Your meal planning is excellent, as I said earlier. Please post your method of calculating BMR, Caloric Deficit, and your Activity Level outside of the gym.

yeah, i'm pretty sure 3k calories isn't gonna be enough to bulk for you. if i had to guess, that's probably on the lower end of your maintenance amount of calories. i mean, i'm 4 and a half inches shorter than you and my maintenance is 2.6-2.8k. while my stats might not seem all too relevant, i would think that someone pretty much half a foot taller than me would be taking in at least 500 more calories than that to maintain. just a thought

ShibbyUTD
05-23-2009, 09:58 AM

Thank you for the positive statements!!! Really makes me feel good. Makes my day because it took a while to get all that together.

Anyways, I used this BMR calc

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/ShibbyDPHS/BMRcalc2.jpg

I used that Total Metabolism Forecast thing but I don't know if it is right. I think it says somewhere between 3000 to 3500? Don't know if that can be right though.

Activity level outside the gym isn't that high. Help the family around with stuff outside, walk in the mall, wash the car, mow the lawn. Probably not too high.

Hopefully I am at least even or +200-300 calories. Could use some help with this.

ShibbyUTD
05-23-2009, 09:59 AM
yeah, i'm pretty sure 3k calories isn't gonna be enough to bulk for you. if i had to guess, that's probably on the lower end of your maintenance amount of calories. i mean, i'm 4 and a half inches shorter than you and my maintenance is 2.6-2.8k. while my stats might not seem all too relevant, i would think that someone pretty much half a foot taller than me would be taking in at least 500 more calories than that to maintain. just a thought

Thanks. I'll have to probably add some calories then. Seems to be the census.

xl Achilles lx
05-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Dude you're a freakin 6'5 bean pole, how can you even think that 3000-3500 calories/day is an unreasonable amount?

Theenforcer1
05-23-2009, 10:07 AM
You need more food...as I told you in your last thread

and I am now telling you in this thread

and yes more fats
nuts/nut butters/oils

ShibbyUTD
05-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Dude you're a freakin 6'5 bean pole, how can you even think that 3000-3500 calories/day is an unreasonable amount?

3,300 acceptable?

Or are we talking 3,500?

You need more food...as I told you in your last thread

and I am now telling you in this thread

and yes more fats
nuts/nut butters/oils

20% fats is going to be my limit... why go more?

Thanks for the input guys!

cajaz
05-23-2009, 12:28 PM
I would delete those snacks and add those calories to your pre and post workout meals. 3-4 meals a days works just as well, if not better.

The Solution
05-23-2009, 12:36 PM
20% fats is going to be my limit... why go more?

Why go more protein? Your beating a deadhorse and its not necessary especially while bulking, Dont be afraid of fats thinking they make you fat, or carbs making you fat.. overall calories will. At your heigh/weight your obvisouly not taking enough and doing too much Cardio IMO

2-3 // 20-230 minute session a week is PLENTY,
Read up on diet/training on bodyrecomposition.com by Lyle McDonald he has some good insight.

Drop your protein to 200 max, and up your carbs, and fat at least 20%

IMO its easier to just give yourself numbers.. say 200 protein, 425 carb, and 80g fat, and aim to hit those numbers instead of a boring diet day in and day out. meal Frequency should not be a factor nor should having the same outline everyday. Your young, enjoy yourself, and find foods that satisfy you and hit those #'s. But eat more food.

ShibbyUTD
05-23-2009, 02:04 PM
I would delete those snacks and add those calories to your pre and post workout meals. 3-4 meals a days works just as well, if not better.

Why go more protein? Your beating a deadhorse and its not necessary especially while bulking, Dont be afraid of fats thinking they make you fat, or carbs making you fat.. overall calories will. At your heigh/weight your obvisouly not taking enough and doing too much Cardio IMO

2-3 // 20-230 minute session a week is PLENTY,
Read up on diet/training on bodyrecomposition.com by Lyle McDonald he has some good insight.

Drop your protein to 200 max, and up your carbs, and fat at least 20%

IMO its easier to just give yourself numbers.. say 200 protein, 425 carb, and 80g fat, and aim to hit those numbers instead of a boring diet day in and day out. meal Frequency should not be a factor nor should having the same outline everyday. Your young, enjoy yourself, and find foods that satisfy you and hit those #'s. But eat more food.

Thought this was interesting.

(still working on a 3300 cal version of the plan with a bigger lunch)

Chris

So not even "healthy" fats like almonds? Having a macro of 10% fats during the day not advisable? Or would you like to see this as low as possible?

My diet is probably 4-5% fats, but then I have about 2-3 servings of almonds to bump it up to 15-20%.

I have gone over my take in other threads on other boards. However, i will give my quick take on fats;

1) Over rated.
2) For BB the only fat I include is lean meat, some egg yolks and maybe once or twice a week salmon. Thats for mass building. Oh, I also allow for low fat dairy; yogurt, milk and cheese
3) CUTTING wise, I always have had better results with people when they follow a very low fat diet and keep the carbs higher...higher by the standards I see here.
4) Keto diets. I wrote a book on them 10 years ago and I like them for fat, un active people. For BB I dont liek them

So I am trying to "build mass". He says it is over rated and only fats from meats and eggs. All my dairy is non fat anyway. I don't eat cheese.

The Solution
05-23-2009, 07:25 PM
To each their own, but why is your protein so high? he is an advocate of his approach, not many others, you can find the right approach for you, but in your situation your afraid to add carbs or fat for calories instead you want to load up on protein.

Also read that Chris says he doesnt want his individuals over 1g/lb.. placing you in the 150's? correct?

:rolleyes: