PDA

View Full Version : share what gets you keeps u motivated

sixfootsix
05-21-2009, 09:07 PM
THe things that get me the most motivated are:

Girls, Girls, Girls...
the pump and feeling of leaving the gym...
RESULTS, taking pictures to compare...

share what motivates you so that others can use it!

RUfootballDE
05-21-2009, 09:11 PM
proving everyone wrong, knowing it will pay off, and of course, the ladies

bramiro
05-22-2009, 03:42 AM
Money
Negative Energy that I turn into positive
Lover
Success

http://www.qimage.info/img/R/i.gif
http://www.qimage.info/img/P/i.gif

AtleastItried
05-22-2009, 06:33 AM
Changing peoples minds about me when I started.

Changing their minds again each time they tell me stop.

exzile
05-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Returning to my glory days, lol
I'm married now, but getting looks from the ladies =)
Not tiring so easily when doing anything other than sitting down.
Hitting my goals
Mirror

Mouzer
05-22-2009, 03:30 PM
-Proving all the doubters wrong

timmyjsn
05-22-2009, 03:45 PM
One day i'll be someone that is looked up to

Rayman9102
05-22-2009, 07:41 PM
Alright here it is, idk how to post up videos but heres the link lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHOXqkIbi7g

Khachikp86
05-22-2009, 08:34 PM
looking at this gets me motivated

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5914/beforepic.jpg

knowing i'll never get a high quality girl unless Im in pretty decent shape (or really rich)

cozmy
05-23-2009, 02:08 AM
to be healthy , to be able to throw the basketball further
and .. girls :)

Moxica
05-23-2009, 06:29 AM
If nothing else, all the money I spend on getting fit... Gym card, supplements, and I just hired a trainer. I just counted how much all this is going to cost me, and well, I'm a student and it was a lot of money for me. It would simply piss me off to waste so much money.

imTKain
05-23-2009, 08:27 AM
New veins ftw! Had my first leg veins pop out today. Upper quads and mid calves! I'm quite excited about it! Getting a new arm vein popping out each week is pretty freaking awesome.

shaleefries
05-24-2009, 09:07 AM
New veins ftw! Had my first leg veins pop out today. Upper quads and mid calves! I'm quite excited about it! Getting a new arm vein popping out each week is pretty freaking awesome.

I never thought about veins until I started seeing them pop out. I'm kinda starting to like them. They make me feel a little more legit. Which sounds a little weird.

Ironlife
05-24-2009, 09:36 AM
-Proving all the doubters wrong

Very true.

johnderriLLL
05-24-2009, 03:40 PM
every one in high school who made fun of me for being fat and i see some of them now and they are fatter than me.

missing out on prom and girls during high school.

i want to use my body as a means to show the world who i am.

every time i see some one and they tell me how good i look.

every time some one sees me and they have no idea who i am beacuse i have lost so much weight.

i have a lot of things to do in the future and having the discipline is the only way im going to be able to get my goals accomplished.

also my dog likes to go for walks so that helps keep me going i know i can depend on her to go when ever i am ready to go. she is always happy to see me in the mornings.

i hate feeling like a total loser. working out and getting thin makes me a winner, but so does just being me.

DanielZabilka
05-28-2009, 12:21 AM
Well I have alot of jealousy problems so I use envy as my motivation. It is very powerful and I help sustain it when I workout. Its like having an immensly strong drive with pissed off adrenaline. ;)

SausageSizzle
05-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Life changes, not always for the best. Lately i've seen that and each day I feel anger at myself for allowing these changes to happen.

Looking back, i know what i should have done differently but i know it's to late and that the rest of my life is now effected.

For 3 hours i don't care about any of that. For three hours i don't care if people are staring, judging and don't care about the coming years. Each week i have three hours and i don't care if i'm tired or busy, i don't care if i'm not making progress and i don't care that others will be lifting more or looking better. That three hours saves me.

MjlH
05-31-2009, 09:08 PM
What keeps me going is... attention and the "competition" of who's bigger, stronger, ect. I like to be able to go to the gym and rate myself against others, it's even better when you surpass someone else.

ndruo
05-31-2009, 10:09 PM

knowing i'll never get a high quality girl unless Im in pretty decent shape (or really rich)

Buddy, you are a hairy motherf*cker, that's for sure.

Universal64
06-01-2009, 09:09 AM
hands down the thing that keeps me motivated is looking at older pictures and realizing how skinny-fat i was and of course compliments never hurt as well...if it was easy, then everyone would be doing it and thats why the people who don't do this, don't get complimented and are rewarded

Tomek
06-02-2009, 05:51 AM
got a file on my computer labelled "lifestyle" in it, I have sub-folder's one of which says "Physical" pretty much goes over everything..

-Daily thoughts
-personal best's
-picture's, both personal & motivational
-goals
-game plans
etc

the main one i look at for a boost is labelled "motivation" It's pretty much jam packed with little fictional/ future storie's, ego trips, qoutes etc..

One of the files in it is..

Cliffs ... as it suggests there just some motivational cliffs.. which pop into my head, rather then forgetting the "idea" I write it down, day to day... Every week it gets larger, giving me more reason to continue.
It's personal, but il share it

- What would the governor do?
- Amber, because im a sore loser who hate's doing so, Rhiannon + Jen + Emilka
- "Who's calve's are better now?"
- Power - to - weight ratio
- Hate getting short changed
- I don't enjoy being talked down upon, made fun off
- Aesthetic calves in my fresh kicks
- Hate sleeping alone
- Practise what I preach
- Memorie's; Melb,
- Chat to Kowalczyk; @ sensation & on trampoline
- Owning Pasta & W <... give them heads up
- Summerdayze; Born slippy, Rakkfunk & Mars
- Alpha
- Mr T in Rocky lll wearing blue "Nike, just do it!" singlet
- Chick at Balance class
- Improve my driving skills through physical & mental improvement
"Left foot braking, heal-n-toeing, micro-second calculation's of physic's & vehicle placement/ balance/ trajectory"
- Andrew Hannah owning me in arm size @ Bondi roof party
- Never being noticed
- Age old bet with Kowalczyk about 6-pack
- To be an un-attainable inspiration
- To be photogenic
- Music is the answer
- New kicks for my birthday need to have the leg's for them
- Every workout is an opportunity to.... ?
- Every time you decline an vice/ embrace a task... your a little closer to your goal
- "Welcome to the jungle!"
- Wearing my hoodie & feeling my tight bulging arms
- flexing my calve randomly & getting an instant endorphin boost from the image
- Don't forget to sign those guns in & out of the armoury!
- "Limits are for mechanicals period!"
- "It won't let you stop!" rock, scot project
- "You know what i really really like, it takes so long it takes forever, to get to it, just taking its time. just dragging it out,
you just know its coming.. its that slow teasing climax and u know its coming its almost there.. you just have too wait for it a bit more... absloutely.
at some point you know you have to give it to them and at some point u do have to avoid them as they do work hard for it...
but then u have to report to me something... then u have to think what is that somethoing going to be ?
hard ripped base .. thats right hard ripped base"
- "Im ****ing hungry"
- Leave a legacy
- monaro driver & bloke at area gym = beastly!
- Im a fanatic
- Overcome!

libert
06-02-2009, 11:49 AM
I get fat if I quit. That pretty much does it lol.

WhyisT
06-02-2009, 12:26 PM
Definitely veins, that is something I've never seen on me until I started working out.

When I started I was pretty weak and would often get looks from younger athlete bro's who would go, toss a few weights around, not really putting in effort. You know, the skinny, low bf% guys..always running there mouth, cocky and whatnot. I wasn't fat, just skinny fat (5'8'' 170).
At first I had my ideals all messed up. These kids and their build were what I was striving for. I was concerned about scale weight and wanted to get down about 30 pounds.
Per usual, they came and went...But I F'ing stayed. Few months later I see the same kids but in a completely different light. Now I'm the one putting up the weight and I don't even notice anyone around me, I could care less.
More than anything is the confidence and energy I get from working out. I feel relaxed, minimal stress, like I can take on the world. Going to a party is much more comfortable when I'm not so conscious of my flaws because I know that I train hard and I've tasted progress and its sweet.
That is what its all about for me.

Chaohinon
06-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Living near the virginia/pennsylvania border, and witnessing how these people eat, and how disgustingly unhealthy everyone is.

Now, the fat part in and of itself doesn't bother me, so much as all the stuff that goes along with it. It seems like everyone is stressed out, angry, abusive, anti-intellectual, and so forth. People are so easily swayed by demagogues largely because their brains are being eroded away by globules of starch and grease.

What makes me perhaps more livid than anything else, is witnessing the legions of elderly and infirmed who live on a steady diet of spaghettios and doughnuts, whine about how their bodies are falling to pieces, and then use that as an excuse to leech money from the pockets of the productive via welfarism and familial guilt. They continue this process by feeding their kids nutrient-deficient garbage, and then are enraged by the child's inability to focus and work hard. Such is the cycle of abuse.

But shaking my fist at government, religion, and family solves nothing, I can only make a difference by changing myself and being an example. And considering that nutrition seeps into pretty much every facet of life, that's what I need to shoot for.

Succinctly, my motivation is a schizoid combination of hatred and compassion towards everyone around me. The soggy man titties need to go, too.

CaroKannDefence
06-02-2009, 12:28 PM
My less bitch-y now more butch-y tits

and

my still flabby midsection.

Greater Deity
06-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Health, women, transformations, and my goal is to become a Beast Warlord, not an old man.

silverlightning
06-02-2009, 01:20 PM
getting back to where I was in my early 20's. nobody believes me when I tell them what condition I was back then. I only see a few people that know, but the rest(wife, etc) dont know. plus I have no pictures. It will take longer, but I'll get there. plus I got the iron bug again. more than when I was 18.

silverlightning
06-02-2009, 01:22 PM

you'd look better with no hair, lol. don't put the puntang on a pedalstel.

GhostBuffalo
12-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Remembering what I looked like at my biggest (340lbs) and hating it. Never going back to it.

evilone777
12-30-2010, 04:34 PM
well i wrestle so that pretty much motovates me to lift and eat clean pretty good

MB35
12-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Thinking about how far i've come from where I was and the way I look with a good pump after a workout. Especially after leg day and chest day. When I look in the mirror after I finish those workouts I look the way I want to look all the time and it gets better each time. When I see myself pumped like that I realize I must be semi-close to looking like it 24/7 if I can pumped, so it motivates me even more to work my ass off to look like that without needing the pump.

If that makes sense, I dunno, I tried to explain it the best I could. Also when I notice my shirts starting to get tight in the arms and chest area. As well as when my jeans get looser in the waist but tighter in the legs. Its a good feeling to have.

Jewsh
12-30-2010, 07:09 PM
A few things motivate me.

1 : Personal problems
2 : Chicks
3 : People who look up to me
4 : Music

Those are just a few things. I'm going to change up my diet soon for muscle building! Cant wait man

bennettj
12-30-2010, 08:31 PM
One thing keeps me motivated more than anything else: the memory of being 50 pounds heavier and living a totally sedentary lifestyle.

And on days when that doesn't motivate me, I just work out anyway.

tse
01-01-2011, 09:35 AM
1) I love sports, especially rock climbing which is easier if you're not trying to drag a load of fat up the rocks with you haha.

2) I feel better when I'm healthy - more awake and energetic.

3) Clothes - look better when I'm in shape.

4) Guys - actually I like to look nice/ take pride in my appearance more for myself, but I think it's nice to stay fit both with and for your significant other.

zFeDoR
01-01-2011, 04:09 PM
1. Parents
2. Chicks
3. Haters

FLChamp
01-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Me, myself, and I. Music just helps to drown out the annoying **** around me; half the time I'm not even listening to it.

AQZ
01-01-2011, 04:40 PM
My Kids.

Have to lead by example. The way I can get them to be the best them is by being the best me.

ecstaticpathway
01-02-2011, 03:22 PM
When I am out of my track, nothing seems to motivate me... maybe the numbers on the scale and realize "what the F!@&"

schnitzer31
01-03-2011, 07:07 AM
watching my body transform over time and logging on bb.com

Reddog927
01-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Seeing my progress on BB.com as well as my progress pictures. It is sometimes hard not to get down on yourself when you see where you are at compared to the big guys at the gym. But when you keep track of where you came from it makes a world of a difference in motivation. "Nothing worthwile is ever easy, what are you willing to sacrafice to obtain what you want?!"

here are my before and after, roughly 8 months apart.

chargerfn909
01-03-2011, 09:01 AM
Seeing my progress on BB.com as well as my progress pictures. It is sometimes hard not to get down on yourself when you see where you are at compared to the big guys at the gym. But when you keep track of where you came from it makes a world of a difference in motivation. "Nothing worthwile is ever easy, what are you willing to sacrafice to obtain what you want?!"

here are my before and after, roughly 8 months apart.

^^ If that' not motivation, I am not sure what is.

Great work man.-- How was the diet/training regiment?

tomsfish
01-03-2011, 11:52 AM
what keeps me motivated is i just like to workout.i couldnt tell you why its just fun.anything else is a bonus.i saw a picture of myself from 6 months ago and i look alot different,but i cant say it motivated me even more.

tom