PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol True Or False

havoc00
05-21-2009, 11:19 AM
speaking strictly on nothing but weight gain. If you fit alcohol in your calories you won't gain additional. Not speaking on muscle building or loosing weight, just maintaining.

ANTONIO357
05-21-2009, 11:21 AM
speaking strictly on nothing but weight gain. If you fit alcohol in your calories you won't gain additional. Not speaking on muscle building or loosing weight, just maintaining.

well from i have learned or think i know, alcohol is empty calories that is coverted to fat by your body... plus it dehydrates your body slowing muscle recovery and growth...and it promotes estrogen production, and lowers testosterone

ANTONIO357
05-21-2009, 11:22 AM
beer on the other hand i have heard has carbohydrates that actually can help pack on calories

caa5000
05-21-2009, 11:26 AM
well from i have learned or think i know, alcohol is empty calories that is coverted to fat by your body... plus it dehydrates your body slowing muscle recovery and growth...and it promotes estrogen production, and lowers testosterone

alcohol is not stored as body fat. If you were to drink pure ethanol and eat nothing, you'd basically not gain or lose any weight. However, there is an opportunity cost. Where you'd be burning fat as energy, now you are burning alcohol.

I did a post on this a little bit ago. Search for 'caa5000 alcohol'

havoc00
05-21-2009, 11:28 AM
alcohol is not stored as body fat. If you were to drink pure ethanol and eat nothing, you'd basically not gain or lose any weight. However, there is an opportunity cost. Where you'd be burning fat as energy, now you are burning alcohol.

I did a post on this a little bit ago. Search for 'caa5000 alcohol'

So basically if you're not trying to loose weight you're fine as long as it fits in with your cals?

SMac2347
05-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Also keep in mind that alcohol consumption has been shown to hinder the body's fat-burning processes.

papasmurf2217
05-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Sitting around drinking wine coolers elevates estrogen levels, while doing kegstands releases more muscle building hormones.

havoc00
05-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Sitting around drinking wine coolers elevates estrogen levels, while doing kegstands releases more muscle building hormones.

dat cell tech?

havoc00
05-21-2009, 01:20 PM
anyone else

Paterick
05-21-2009, 01:25 PM

If you drink moderately and keep within your calorie range you will be fine.

wave_length
05-21-2009, 01:31 PM
alcohol is worth growing bitch tits

havoc00
05-21-2009, 01:32 PM
alcohol is worth growing bitch tits

truth

The_Animal11
05-21-2009, 01:48 PM
IMO, its not as much about hitting your cals as hitting your macros. i dont think ive ever heard of a successful macro breakdown that included alcohol. if so, what would it be? 30/30/20/20? i personally dont subscribe to the "a calorie is a calorie" thing, because i dont think all calories are created equal. a calorie of alcohol isnt very useful for anything.

MikessekiM
05-21-2009, 01:56 PM
I drink twice a week, keep it clean throughout the week and lift hard. Life is good, just don't get out of control with the drinking and enjoy the fun when you choose to take part. If bodybuilding is your life, don't drink. If you lift to stay in shape and look good, here and there will not hurt you what so ever. Now what you do when your drunk, that may hurt you. I've played that game lol

Ted Nugent
05-21-2009, 02:28 PM
theres nothing like having a nice, flavorful, dark beer :) feels REALLY good man. unless your dieting for a show theres no dam reason why you cant have a nice drink once in awhile (even then some people still drink in moderation in contest prep lol). i'll bet you every cent i own that a few beers with your buddies on a friday night will do jack-diddly to your physique. however slugging back 15 budweisers then going to taco bell at 2 in the morning is another thing lol.

live life
be happy
have a cold one

Blindead
05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't enjoy alcohol in the least so I've never really worried about it. I drank 2 times my first year in college. Didn't get drunk either time.

Ted Nugent
05-21-2009, 02:35 PM
I don't enjoy alcohol in the least so I've never really worried about it. I drank 2 times my first year in college. Didn't get drunk either time.

drink more
get drunk
????
profit

;) just busting balls. i used to drink alot last year in college, ive cut back a ton and its really paying off, once in awhile its great but boozing 2-3 nights a week just isnt my thing anymore. but some of my buddies do that and stay big and fukin ripped, fukin genetics fuk, yes mad lol.

jwest529
05-21-2009, 02:35 PM
if ur not a pro.. drinking once in awhile will not kill u. just hit the gym hard the next day

havoc00
05-22-2009, 03:28 PM
Oh well either way im going back to drinking like 4 nights a week, its too much fun to pass over.

FsuNole7
05-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Oh well either way im going back to drinking like 4 nights a week, its too much fun to pass over.

Dunno how you can train the next day after a long night of drinking

havoc00
05-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Dunno how you can train the next day after a long night of drinking

I used to bring sparks to the gym while working out, srs

Ted Nugent
05-22-2009, 03:57 PM
oddly enough one of the best runs ive ever had was when i was drunk. just pushed harder and longer than i ever had, prob because i didnt notice the fatigue..the booze kinda gave me superhuman endurance/focus/energy. ive noticed when im drunk and wrestle with my friends im WAAAYYYY stronger and more aggresive than sober wrestling, im thinking for a max-out day i want to get drunk and super raged up and go break all my pr's (serious)

havoc00
05-22-2009, 04:03 PM
oddly enough one of the best runs ive ever had was when i was drunk. just pushed harder and longer than i ever had, prob because i didnt notice the fatigue..the booze kinda gave me superhuman endurance/focus/energy. ive noticed when im drunk and wrestle with my friends im WAAAYYYY stronger and more aggresive than sober wrestling, im thinking for a max-out day i want to get drunk and super raged up and go break all my pr's (serious)

try it srs, The sparks was cool cause it was alchohol and an energy drink in one, so i'd just bring it and drink it in the gym. It was cool for lifting but I dunno about cardio cause it was really sweet and sat in ur stomach

mavstud3
05-22-2009, 04:31 PM
I read this fact in MensHealth

Alcohol (more than one drink) makes your body burn 73% less fat.

Hope you consider that next time you go out

havoc00
05-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I read this fact in MensHealth

Alcohol (more than one drink) makes your body burn 73% less fat.

Hope you consider that next time you go out

im not trying to burn fat

havoc00
05-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Tons of athletes who are at the top of there sport drink, and smoke.