PDA

View Full Version : Most Motivational "Music" to get you going and keep you going!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Mr.Superman
05-21-2009, 10:38 AM
Question:
What songs do you listen to when you work out?
Whats your playlist that keeps you motivated and the blood flowing?

pre-workout?
running?
lifting?

I thought a thread based on what people listen to might help other people stay motivated
(if there is a tread based on this arleady. I am sorry. first day here)

fishpat86
05-21-2009, 11:28 AM
Anything by Linkin Park, Rage against the machine, the beastie boys and I allways play it loud!!

blockmonkey
05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
This song is set for my 5:30 am alarm so I get up for my pre work run.

Pt-NvcuDVBc

Emma-Leigh
05-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Excellent thread topic! :cool:
Stuck.

IWantGains
05-21-2009, 06:21 PM
What I have found to be very motivating, which many of you will percieve as odd, is listening to arabic music. Puts me into a trance, and since I dont listen to that kind of music anywhere else the music has associated itself with working out. It seems to be very effective for me!

Emma-Leigh
05-21-2009, 08:32 PM
I don't really listen to music when working out -> I get too distracted...

But one of my favourites when doing conditioning:
zE-rD8vcY4U
^
must be listened to with volume high, whilst sweating profusely, and when feeling a little..... mentally unstable....
:o

Elfie.
05-21-2009, 08:45 PM
During a workout (or anywhere else)I like metal stuff: Amon Amarth, Dethklok, Dimmu Borgir, Atreyu, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Dark Tranquility...I could go on forever :D.

JFq2YJKYa-k

Valjean
05-22-2009, 05:19 AM
If I'm just on an easy run and I need something help me escape from the stressors of the day I listen to Kevin Lailberte. Very soothing guitar :D

Mouzer
05-22-2009, 06:26 AM

zE-rD8vcY4U
^
must be listened to with volume high, whilst sweating profusely, and when feeling a little..... mentally unstable....

I agree with this one, this song gets me focused and pumped. Also anything by Linkin Park works for me

sarguy
05-22-2009, 05:13 PM
I like a lot of stuff by the Matthew Good Band (or just Matt Good, since they broke up). Very emotive lyrics and music.

Iceland93
05-22-2009, 05:17 PM
GoCOg8ZzUfg

v1s86vDhjx8

MarineVette
05-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Metal, Rock, Rap, Punk:

Guns N Roses, ACDC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Judas Priest, LA Guns, Van Halen, Ratt, Led Zepellin, KISS, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, Linkin Park, Anthrax, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Clash, Janes Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, Clash, Verucca Salt, Sex Pistols, Ramones

-Lucifer
05-23-2009, 06:10 AM
xG44s2ANFo0

VPrestonV
05-23-2009, 08:06 AM
LAMB OF GOD...... linkin park is for whiny emo pussies

"If there was a single day I could live..a single breath I could take..i'd trade all the others away"- Laid To Rest FTW

a_miller_76
05-23-2009, 02:00 PM
LAMB OF GOD...... linkin park is for whiny emo pussies

I agree.

Static-X, Devil Driver, Sicksdeep, Megadeth, old Metallica (none of this new pussy ****)...any of that stuff will work.

karategan
05-23-2009, 02:14 PM
WmGgQ8fvIP8

you can thank me later

Celtics34
05-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Dont know how to post the actual video in this thread but if this song doesnt pump you up, nothing will.

The first line in the song gets me going immediately... "Shake it off, Pick yourself up" - to me refers to pushing through it at the gym

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qtk9c6ZGcM

Anything by August Burns Red or Misery Signals will get you going in the gym

IronCharles
05-23-2009, 02:58 PM
If I'm dragging during cardio, I pull this one up on the iPod. Gets me doing double time in seconds! ;)

(potentially objectionable words advisory)
QwoaonLDars

Celtics34
05-23-2009, 03:12 PM
If I'm dragging during cardio, I pull this one up on the iPod. Gets me doing double time in seconds! ;)

(potentially objectionable words advisory)
QwoaonLDars

Probably the only Foo Fighters song that can pump you up...otherwise there the most repetitive, mellow band.

Jarhead274
05-24-2009, 07:02 AM
disturbed, metallica, drowning pool

fodosho
05-24-2009, 07:27 AM
Wake up/ Pre run- Atreyu: Bleeding mascara

Pre workout- Eminem: till i collapse, Forgot about dre, Marshall Mathers

Workout: As blood runs black, all that remains, the devil wears prada, lamb of god, anything with some sick double bass

Run- Bullet for my valentine, Atreyu

Jonty007
05-24-2009, 10:45 AM
BFMV, Three Days Grace, All That Remains.

Thats all you need.

The718
05-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Definitely agree with the earlier posters about Till I Collapse - Eminem, its a great song to get pumped up with.
For Cardio, I pretty much listen to anything on The Used's Self Titled with maybe some UnderOath and Alexisonfire.

barbarian_ben
05-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I generally don't need music to get me through a workout.

Pre-workout though, I like to listen to Avenged Sevenfold.

Danthesaxman
05-24-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm probably in the vast minority, but before workouts I like to listen to orchestral works - some favorites are Beethoven 3,7,&9, Wagner C major, Mahler 4&5, and plenty more...

Something about the grandiose feel of these and others really pumps me up while simultaneously helping me focus and stay "in the zone."

If I only have 5 minutes or so, I'll listen to some high-energy jazz; Sonny Stitt, Cannonball Adderly, and Michael Brecker all can really get me going with the right tune.

Edit to say:
I don't listen to music while working out... it's distracting, because I can't turn off my instinctual musical analysis.

johnderriLLL
05-24-2009, 03:43 PM
ddr music, stepmania music. rock opera music. daft punk, prodigy.

gwar, dragon force, blind guardian, stratofortress.

AUSSIE85
05-24-2009, 05:06 PM
Metal, Rock, Rap, Punk:

Guns N Roses, ACDC, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Judas Priest, LA Guns, Van Halen, Ratt, Led Zepellin, KISS, Beastie Boys, Run DMC, Linkin Park, Anthrax, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Clash, Janes Addiction, Nine Inch Nails, Clash, Verucca Salt, Sex Pistols, Ramones

"Afraid to Shoot Strangers"- Iron Maiden. Best Work-out song!!

mattiboi450
05-25-2009, 05:06 AM
like starscream- on broken wings

look it up :)

chrismil
05-25-2009, 05:06 AM
Pre workout to get me going-- SLAYER, I think I'm the first to put that one...wow
Running- Devildriver, old metallica, iron maiden, full blown chaos, as i lay dying, old slipknot, etc. Anything heavy with some good double bass works.
Lifting- Music and lifting don't mix for me I got too carried away last time and left the gym with a torn rhomboid.

Awibble
05-25-2009, 06:06 AM
I was going to post a link and a vid, but for some reason, my opinion isnt valid because i only have 5 posts.

Thanks for that bb.com

DannoDog
05-25-2009, 06:12 AM
Alice in Chains - Rooster -> Before EVERY workout!

malik_sabri
05-25-2009, 06:28 AM
Metallica - The Unnamed Feelinghttp://www.johndoeenterprice.com/img/BR/B6.gif

Ryan101
05-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Ok iv been training for over a year now and one of the biggest things to get me motivated is music. anything helps me get into the mood but the best for me is heavy rock like Nonpoint, Black label Society or Bullet for my valintine. some rap helps too 50 cent and Nelly. although theres this one girl in the gym who comes in and makes me change it. of course im nice enough to give in a let her have her way. but she doesnt agree that heavy music with lots of screaming helps sometime.. my question is out of everyone who reads this what is your prefrance when it comes to music in the gym? What helps motivate you to lift harder???

Senecan
05-25-2009, 11:07 AM
When i'm lifting, I gotta go hardrock...not so much screaming...But some disturbed, drowning pool, seether, nickleback...old stuff is good too like guns n roses, metallica.

When I'm running I go with rap and hip hop...There's something about it the beat goes with my step for a lot of songs...

aramos360
05-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Def have to agree with Jarhead. . . Disturbed, Metallica. . .all the way.

a3ki66
05-25-2009, 12:51 PM
i'm all about white/rob zombie. rage. soad. pantera. for cardio...
during weight training, i listen to the pump of my muscles only. lol. cheesy huh? haha.

ZAN_TUNING
05-25-2009, 01:10 PM
Metal Metal Metal!

Lately been rockin the new Lamb of God, Impending Doom, and Bleeding Through! :) Oh and I'd be lying if I said I don't listen to my own band! hahaha

a3ki66
05-25-2009, 01:52 PM
i forgot to ask... i've heard lamb of god before... but couldn't identify a song at all. can you advise me as to what songs i should try out? albums?

Elfie.
05-25-2009, 02:00 PM
VNV nation remixes are where it's at. This song gives me chills.

XjRz3_rp9xA&feature=related

This is just awesome. (hellraiser vid don't watch if you can't stand a few spooky things)

WRThvYYM-ng

yngrich
05-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Blind - Korn and Down With The Sickness - Disturbed: Amazing for that pre-weight lifting break through.

Greg.
05-25-2009, 03:33 PM
A scientific study showed that woodlice chew through wood quicker while listening to heavy metal music. I find it's similiar with humans, angry music makes us work harder sometimes.

I personally listen to KoRn, Disturbed, Metallica, Papa Roach, Pendulum etc

Josh Hyaduck
05-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Wow, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Slipknot.

utT-dqjDnPA

Gets me going everytime! :D

Redcutter
05-25-2009, 05:21 PM
i forgot to ask... i've heard lamb of god before... but couldn't identify a song at all. can you advise me as to what songs i should try out? albums?

Lamb Of God is great.

As The Palaces Burn is a great album/song.

Walk with me in Hell, Descending, and Laid to Rest are some of my favorite songs.

MissVL
05-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Metal and more Metal! I think it is the perfect workout music. Here are some of my faves..

Drowning Pool "Bodies".. Disturbed "Intoxication".. Disturbed "Down With the Sickness".. Nocturnal Rites "Fools Parade".. Hammerfall "Reign of the Hammer".. etc, etc, etc.

lee__d
05-25-2009, 05:54 PM
wont get fooled again !!!

Ryan101
05-25-2009, 06:25 PM
yeah see im the same way she puts stuff on like pop and i just cant lift to that

R.Mutt
05-25-2009, 06:37 PM
i

P

o

d

kevinus99
05-25-2009, 06:59 PM
yeah see im the same way she puts stuff on like pop and i just cant lift to that

Could be worse, one old guy at my gym almost always go for 70's disco.

hufo
05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
heavy stuff helps me, i like sevendust and metallica

specka
05-25-2009, 08:28 PM
I go for a mix of Pantera and Sepultura - and Im very surprised they haven't been mentioned. Pure aggression without having to be weird or demonic or whatever.

lagofool
05-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Always metal here. Lamb of God, Manntis, As I Lay Dieing, Pantera, Sepultura, Amon Amarth, In Flames... But if I am going super heavy or having bad day I will put it onto Lamb of God-Black Label and that always get me over any humps.

xaltair
05-25-2009, 10:01 PM
I listen to my own stuff on my IPOD, so no one makes me change it, usually it's pop or dance or whatever is fast beats and re-mixes.

Mr.Superman
05-25-2009, 10:12 PM
I cant believe this thing is now a "Stickey"
(Freaken cool, considering this is my first post and tread lol)

Anyway, when I get back from my trip, I am going to try and group/outline/link everyone's songs that they have posted. And add it to my first post in this thread. That way people can look at them (and etc) better.

Untill then, I'll be haveing fun here in Disneyland ;)

Ironlife
05-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Greenday go all right to listen to.

badreligion
05-26-2009, 05:19 AM
Heavy ****ing Metal and Punk Rock . Bands like Bad Religion , Iron Maiden , Judas Priest * painkiller ftw*

uglycasanova
05-26-2009, 05:21 AM
wmggq8fvip8

you can thank me later

omg

uglycasanova
05-26-2009, 05:23 AM
Modest Mouse

Fit_Freak
05-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I always have to be listening to music (my iPod) while working out...unlike most posts here for the heavy metal stuff, I like a mixture of music, but generally pop/dance/trance stuff (funny given my fave music outside the gym is R&B/Soul)....

jaystan60
05-26-2009, 03:09 PM
anything from Five Finger Death Punch

FsuNole7
05-26-2009, 09:14 PM

Pt-NvcuDVBc

What is the song called?

TIA.

ophelia53
05-26-2009, 10:19 PM
i'm just getting into rage..i kinda dig it on back day. i actually have different playlists for different days, lol.
leg day ain't no joke! gotta have disturbed and marilyn screamin in my ear on that day! it's sick. i love it.
i'm always afraid that i look mean or really pissed at the gym, ha.
keep the music comin, guys! i need more beats...
oh...if you haven't heard Immortal Techniques "point of no return", it's definitely worth checking out if you like rap. it's awesome. and Em's "til i collapse" as well.

metal.days
05-27-2009, 02:06 AM
For me, going to the gym is not only about the sweat - it's also a time, when I cat put headphones in my ears and listen to music while working out. That's no doubt 50% of the joy for me.

So for anyone who wants some kick-in-the-butt motivation and likes heavy music :
Manowar - Number 1

We belong to the world we belong to the wind
We are the spirit of competitions end
Turning hours into days burning muscles feel the pain
The heart and soul of discipline my friends

We are sending you a challenge its very clear
We came to win that is why we are here
Demanding to be tested by the best
Not to be forgotten like all the rest

The time has come all training done

The muscle and the blood will come to pay

Let the game begin hear the starting gun
Play from the heart today we will overcome
When the game is over all the countings done
We were born to win number 1

Today is the day all the training through
We have come for the number one not the number two
Let the contest begin play hard fight to win
Immortality victory and fame

The time has come all training done
The muscle and the blood will come to pay

Today is the day all the training through
We have come for the number one not the number two
Let the contest begin play hard fight to win
Immortality victory and fame

Serpreme
05-27-2009, 02:40 AM
If you like manowar, which i do too, HAND OF DOOM!, then you will probable like these bands:
Stratovarius
Nightwish
Blind Guardian
Wish i could remember the other ones.

Scramdor
05-27-2009, 08:06 AM
i have so many songs i love to listen to for motivation.

my fav bands are
agust burns red
a day to remember
the devil wears prada
story of the year

hops_88
05-27-2009, 09:12 AM
i'm just getting into rage..i kinda dig it on back day. i actually have different playlists for different days, lol.
leg day ain't no joke! gotta have disturbed and marilyn screamin in my ear on that day! it's sick. i love it.
i'm always afraid that i look mean or really pissed at the gym, ha.
keep the music comin, guys! i need more beats...
oh...if you haven't heard Immortal Techniques "point of no return", it's definitely worth checking out if you like rap. it's awesome. and Em's "til i collapse" as well.

For rap I got these lists

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbDbOWeXG8s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4cucSiFbeI

they usually do the trick for me

missleRob
05-27-2009, 10:34 AM
rage against the machine

hardasslardass
05-27-2009, 12:05 PM
Exodus, Shovel Headed Kill Machine. Not their classic sounding stuff but awesome to lift to.

mstockwe87
05-27-2009, 03:49 PM
all that remains
as i lay dying
Children of Bodom
Lamb of God (Wrath is amazing)
Soilwork
Trivium
Unearth

By far the best stuff is by Scar Symmetry. Its so intense but so gorgeous to listen to.

05-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Sandstorm on replay.

kenonator
05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
PFEC1UkeHUU

tool - ticks and leeches, gets me going.

anth342
05-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Rocky soundtrack! cmon

MarlowDoyle
05-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Weight Lifting Playlist:
Gonnah Fly Now - Bill Conti
Heart of A Champion - Nelly
Lose Yourself - M&M
MY Mind Right - Memphis Bleak
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Alive - POD
Shut up and Drive - Rhianna
Right Now - Van Halen
St. Elmos Fire - John Parr

Running:
Heart of A Champion - Nelly
ALIVE - POD
If I run more than a mile, I can listen to many other songs, but those two get me through the first mile.

MistaJones89
05-29-2009, 09:57 PM
I have a huge playlist of techno/house/trance music that I listen to while lifting. My favorite song right now is Human Nature - Megara Vs DJ Lee, amazing song!

steven48
05-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Gotta listen to jay-z and linkin park to get myself pumped everyday

ndruo
05-30-2009, 03:14 PM
You know I just kinda sing screamo or death metal lyrics in the gym as I lift at the top of my lungs. That way I can share my inspiration and fighting spirit with all the other like-minded people in there.

Yeah, right.

There are a few Children of Bodom and In Flames songs I like to listen to for lifting. For cardio, I get more into the electronic sound with bands like Justice and Daft Punk.

Hektikk
05-30-2009, 08:04 PM
When I'm about to attempt a max or if I'm lacking some energy, I find this song.
Nothing gets me pumped more than this song at the moment.

Slayer - Exile

A few other good songs that get me going are..

Slayer - Bloodline
Pantera - Walk
Pantera - Hostile
Pantera - Rise
Pantera - By Demons be Driven <-- Another one that gets me through a tough set
Pantera... Pretty much most of the songs from "Vulgar Display of Power" >;)

MUDVAYNE!

Mudvayne - Skrying (sometimes I skip to around 2:17 in the song, the beat slows down and gets me focused for the best part in the song around 3:25 which does it for me)
Mudvayne - Dull boy
Mudvayne - Dig
Mudvayne - Nothing to Gein (Another crutch song to get me through a tough set)

For cardio I usually just rock some Tool, doesn't matter to me what it is .. I find all of Tool enjoyable.

MarlowDoyle
05-30-2009, 08:23 PM
a good song to motivate is bruce springsteen's The Rising... perhaps it's best as a warm up song... like when you are walking to wrm up before cardio, then you can go into something more intense.

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/conquer

exy
05-30-2009, 08:26 PM
****in deathcore.

Stabbing to purge dissimulation and Herding the brainwashed by ALL SHALL PERISH

if that does not pump you, than you are a ***.

exy
05-30-2009, 08:27 PM
I have a huge playlist of techno/house/trance music that I listen to while lifting. My favorite song right now is Human Nature - Megara Vs DJ Lee, amazing song!

No homo, Young Love by Spencer&Hill gets me going.

exy
05-30-2009, 08:31 PM
all that remains
as i lay dying
Children of Bodom
Soilwork
Trivium
Unearth

By far the best stuff is by Scar Symmetry. Its so intense but so gorgeous to listen to.

I hated wrath. LOG has turned everything into crap after New American Gospel.

BTP was amazing imo, but Wrath was disappoint for me, I am a strong LOG fan though.

Nice choice of bands though, Trivium ****ed up on Shogun or whatever their new album is called, since their lead vocalist had to get his chords operated on, they went soft.

As I lay dying is awesome. Read the actual book, it will blow your mind, you will not understand one ****in thing it says.

Here is and awesome song by Becoming The Archetype, auto pump guaranteed:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGER7o9a4Nk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGER7o9a4Nk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

bball2
05-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Two of my faves:

Saul Williams - List of Demands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1llNYAlYrc

2Pac - Hit em up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4HjsZqOaQ0

MistaJones89
05-31-2009, 01:56 AM
Here is and awesome song by Becoming The Archetype, auto pump guaranteed:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGER7o9a4Nk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGER7o9a4Nk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Becoming the Archetype is so good!! And I'm not that big into screamo

imprsv
05-31-2009, 03:20 AM
Sometimes i listen to music, sometimes i don't depends on the feeling.

But i have a large playlist, I can't listen to people that scream i.e slipknot and people like that i still like to understand what there saying lol..

poalTChx2nk
jbHn1Pgj6Zk

DEUCE518
05-31-2009, 10:03 PM
great taste in music here guys and girls

Lamb of God is my favorite for the gym (descending, one gun, break you, contractor, walk with me in hell, laid to rest, omerta.) I hav e the walk with me in hell dvd, sick.

-all that remains (anything, these guys are great)
-as i lay dying
-bullet for my valentine
-Marilyn Manson
-Pantera
-Soilwork
-Maylene and the sons of disaster
-Black label society
-trivium
-tool (Vicarious > ****ing badass)
-Cypress Hill's rock album caled 'Bones'
-in flames
-slipknot
-disturbed
-chimaira
-lots more

How do you embed? I will try to embed this video for A Man by Cypress hill, gets me pumped without fail

k__0Mks-0VI

^^oo damn i get chills

aNhoxcE5d5Q

^heavy double bass sick ass drums especiall at :45 and 2:02

S1FU
06-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Linkin' Park and Jay-Z as a pre workout and the Rocky soundtrack for a weight session and bag workout!

Universal64
06-01-2009, 09:11 AM
gotta love eminem's music (the way i am, soldier, etc etc), disturbed "stricken", Lamb of God, Slipknot, Linkin Park, "let the bodies hit the floor", "i run this"

markphilips
06-01-2009, 09:54 AM
all that remains
as i lay dying
Children of Bodom
Soilwork
Trivium
Unearth

Agreed!

Also can't forget Hatebreed. Perseverance is designed for motivation.

rampagefc77
06-01-2009, 11:02 AM
Two songs that get me going:

skillet- rebirthing
Hollywood undead- undead

Some other bands that I havent heard mentioned:
-red
-breaking benjamin
(will update with more, i need to look at a playlist)

raven12
06-01-2009, 03:25 PM
A little different,

BFMV
Alice in Chains
Dropkick Murphys
The Offspring
Nas- Illmatic
Cypress Hill- Black Sunday

Same playlist every workout, can't workout without the iPod anymore.

wolverine614
06-01-2009, 08:39 PM
GoCOg8ZzUfg

v1s86vDhjx8

these two foe sure

Emma-Leigh
06-02-2009, 01:45 AM
Another that is a little left of center....

gqPz5B-TA1w

^

And another that is titled for the dead...

sigmundfreud33
06-03-2009, 08:20 AM
you dudes are missing out if you like metal and have never attempted to lift or do cardio to 'Bleed' by Meshuggah.

I like anything off of Chaosphere better though, myself.

Odysseus32
06-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Has anyone heard SCOM by Dipset and Fort Minor? It pumps me up. Other artists are Guns N Roses, Nirvana, Disturbed, Korn, Metallica, 3 Days Grace, Linkin Park, Eminem, Lil Scrappy, Body Head Bangerz

Dirty Diesel
06-03-2009, 03:24 PM
HATEBREED....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMg3aknCCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM2tVZ0UtVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tqxtEFAJEU

Makes me want to crack some skulls in the gym.

Anger issues?? Nah...

Now get off the computer and get to the gym, dumbass!

mashedpotato
06-03-2009, 06:14 PM
2fp8mYC5abE
M5Pi6zpz_Oo

Mosa Lisa Overdrive by Juno Reactor
He's a Pirate Remix by DJ Tiesto

I recommend ppl checking out those songs, they really raise the intensity!

Aviendah
06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey all,

I need ideas for some workout music, my playlists are getting old & tired!

Any ideas? What's on your playlist?

Thanks!
Aviendah

afb0032
06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Senses Fail
-Can't Be Saved
-Bite To Break Skin

SR-71
-Goodbye
-Tomorrow

Trae
-Give My Last Breath

Eminem & Jay-Z
-Renegade

Pensyve
-Drip

Dropkick Murphys
-I'm Shipping Up To Boston
-The State Of Massachusetts

Incubus
-The Warmth

The Game
-Start From Scratch

Ian Van Dahl
-Will I?

Red Hot Chili Peppers
-All of the Greatest Hits CD

Anberlin
-Feel Good Drag
-Paperthin Hymn

Puff Daddy & Biggie
-Victory

About 150 more, but those are a few

darkartist81
06-03-2009, 10:58 PM
I have strange tastes in music, especially for what motivates me. I listen to a lot of film soundtracks, heavy metal and punk... It helps keep me in the game and pushing hard.

Some select gems..

Conan The Barbarian soundtrack
(Pretty much every track, but especially An Age Undreamed Of.. and The Battle of the Mounds)

Rocky:
Gonna Fly Now
Going the Distance
Eye of the Tiger

The Dark Knight:
A Dark Knight
Introduce a Little Anarchy
Like A Dog Chasing Cars

Metallica:
Pretty much anything..

Guns N Roses:
You Could Be Mine
Welcome to the Jungle

Nirvana:
Very Ape
Tourette's

Scars On Broadway:
They Say

Also listen to select songs from The Offspring, Mellincolin, NOFX, NIN, Alice In Chains, AFI, Stone Temple Pilots, and System of a Down.

-Lucifer
06-03-2009, 11:43 PM
1. A Perfect Circle - The Outsider (4:03)
2. Andrew W.K. - She Is Beautiful (3:36)
3. Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi (3:24)
4. Blink 182 - All The Small Things (2:47)
5. Blink 182 - First Date (2:51)
6. Blink 182 - Mutt (3:23)
7. Brand New - Sowing Season (4:30)
8. Breaking Benjamin - Blow Me Away (3:25)
9. Cinder - Soul Creation (3:49)
10. Combichrist - Electrohead (6:00)
11. David Guetta - The World Is Mine (3:38)
12. Die Toten Hosen - Pushed Again (3:50)
13. Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston (2:18)
14. Good Charlotte - The Anthem (2:53)
15. Green Day - American Idiot (2:57)
16. Green Day - Boulevard Of Broken Dreams (4:20)
17. Green Day - Brain Stew (3:12)
18. Green Day - Brown Eyed Girl (3:21)
19. Green Day - Give Me Novacaine (3:25)
20. Green Day - Holiday (3:52)
21. Green Day - Jaded (1:30)
22. Green Day - Jesus Of Suburbia (9:08)
23. Green Day - She's A Rebel (2:04)
24. Green Day - She (2:14)
25. Green Day - Tales Of Another Broken Home (2:34)
26. Green Day - Time of Your Life (2:34)
27. Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends (4:45)
28. Green Day - Walking Contradiction (2:33)
29. Green Day - When I Come Around (2:58)
30. Incubus - Megalomaniac (4:29)
31. Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American (3:01)
32. Kanye West - Stronger (5:14)
33. Killing Joke - The Death and Resurrection Show (4:57)
34. Korn & Rammstein - Freak On A Leash (4:01)
35. KoRn - Twisted Transistor (2:58)
36. LFO - Every Other Time (4:08)
37. Linkin Park - A Place for My Head (3:04)
38. Linkin Park - Crawling (3:28)
39. Linkin Park - Faint (2:42)
40. Linkin Park - In The End (3:36)
41. Linkin Park - Numb (3:07)
42. Linkin Park - One Step Closer (2:35)
43. Linkin Park - Paper Cut (3:04)
44. Linkin Park - Points Of Authority (3:45)
45. Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong (3:33)
46. Marilyn Manson - Rock Is Dead (3:09)
47. Marilyn Manson - The Nobodies (3:35)
48. Nickelback - Burn It To The Ground (3:30)
49. NIN - Underneath It All (2:44)
50. Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (4:35)
51. Papa Roach - To Be Loved (3:02)
52. Paul Oakenfold - Ready, Steady, Go (4:15)
53. Rise Against - Roadside (3:22)
54. Rise Against - Under The Knife (2:45)
55. Saliva - Click Click Boom (4:12)
56. Saliva - Superstar (4:03)
57. Sort Sol - Next Century (3:39)
58. Sum 41 - Fat Lip (2:58)
59. Sum 41 - In Too Deep (3:27)
60. Sum 41 - Motivation (2:50)
61. Sum 41 - Underclass Hero (3:14)
62. Sum 41 - We're All To Blame (3:45)
63. Sum 41 - Still Waiting (2:37)
64. Sum 41 - The Hell Song (3:18)
65. Sum 41- Walking Disaster (4:45)
66. Swinging Utters - Stupid Lullabies (2:18)
67. The All-American Rejects - Dirty Little Secrets (3:16)
68. The Bravery - Time Won't Let Me Go (4:11)
69. The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright (3:00)
70. The Rasmus - In The Shadows (4:06)
71. The Sunpilots - You're Gonna Be A Star (3:22)
72. Trust Company - Deeper Into You (3:15)
73. Trust Company - Stronger (2:50)
74. Vault - The Walls (2:37)
75. White Zombie - More Human Than Human (3:30)
76. Yellowcard - Fighting (3:00)
77. Yellowcard - Keeper (3:55)
78. Yellowcard - Light Up The Sky (3:36)
79. Yellowcard - Paper Walls (4:28)

blockmonkey
06-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Forgot all about this, great song

H4PN7Xbexq4

markphilips
06-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Lamb of God
Children of Bodom
Hatebreed
Pantera
Metallica
Megadeth
Killswitch Engage
As I Lay Dying
Unearth
Light This City
In Flames
Slayer
Amon Amarth
Chimaira
All That Remains
Sepultura
Iron Maiden
Devildriver
At The Gates
Godforbid
Arch Enemy
Throwdown
Anthrax
Trivium

And many more....

KillerBD
06-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Rammstein, my favorite band, definitely gets me motivated

king87
06-09-2009, 12:58 AM
i suggest Rocky's soundtracks. I know it s clishe but eye of the tiger motivates almost everybody.
Besides going the distance is really motivating. survivor burning hearth, especially if u have watched the movies, it gains more meaning and it becomes more motivating.
Apart from them, in flames, maybe some soundtracks make ur motivation boast.

doodymm
06-09-2009, 10:52 AM
I would have to say anything with Lil' Scrappy or Lil Jon, especially when I'm doin weights. Of course, that's only if your into rap. These three are hittin.

" No Problems " by Lil Scrappy

" Bia Bia " by Lil Jon

" What you Gonn Do " by Lil Jon featuring Lil Scrappy

SupremeClientele
06-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Guarantee your run lasts another 10 minutes at least

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IQkMcYrnNeg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IQkMcYrnNeg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pumped the **** out of me and i got chills. Make sure its thrown near the end of the playlist when you need it the most lol.

Here is the torrent link to it the only way i know how to dl it...

http://www.mininova.org/tor/1745051

ghostofinsanity89
06-10-2009, 09:29 AM
any one can suggest good hip hop songs to work out in?
i dont like rock that much, too much screaming and shiit

i like more serious hip hop with good beats

suggestion?

moosecakes4all
06-10-2009, 09:59 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDh5eoiRJlk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDh5eoiRJlk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Makes me proud to be an American.

Fatman2
06-10-2009, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iikKzQwgBJc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFYQQPAOz7Y

we will rock you at high volume lol
Lose yourself by eminem

Alex_Youcis
06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
HATEBREED....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdMg3aknCCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM2tVZ0UtVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tqxtEFAJEU

Makes me want to crack some skulls in the gym.

Anger issues?? Nah...

Now get off the computer and get to the gym, dumbass!

Yep, Hatebreed all the way.

chmbs1
06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Hatebreed FTW!

Soulfly, Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy, Madball, Pantera, old school Metallica, Slipknot, some Static-X, Megadeth- music that makes my blood run hot!

Nabla
06-11-2009, 07:58 AM
Some that push me further when they are played :

Disturbed - Indestructible! : youtube.com/watch?v=Sv5cGUi2R_w

Disturbed - Perfect Insanity : youtube.com/watch?v=g_U-iCWWNJA

Disturbed - Facade (Fa?ade) : youtube.com/watch?v=kTAKa3ay5wU

Disturbed - Divide : youtube.com/watch?v=UC98oZd2XI0

"Although you'll try you'll never find a way to break me! I hear the sirens but their never gonna take me!" ;)

Buckethead - Jordan : youtube.com/watch?v=OTcg9JybEp8

Disturbed / Metallica / Rammstein / Buckethead / Rage against the machine and some others (not always rock or metal, but also electro).

I can't post link or embed :( not enough posts.

RYANB_409
06-11-2009, 06:07 PM
question:

Pre-workout?
Running?
Lifting?

I thought a thread based on what people listen to might help other people stay motivated
(if there is a tread based on this arleady. I am sorry. First day here)

this song is the best... On repeat in the car on the way to the gym to get me in the right mindset... If it does not get you pumped up there is no hope...

Hatebreed... Live for this ... Find it, play it, live it...

exy
06-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Yep, Hatebreed all the way.

Meh... not heavy enough.

Everything that sounds like this is for me:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGER7o9a4Nk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZGER7o9a4Nk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-L__MRqzSg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/z-L__MRqzSg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

whey greek
06-13-2009, 10:35 AM
Eminem - Till I Collapse is my #1 motivator
These get me going too!

Metallica - Frantic
_I6y5-GuLPM

Marilyn Manson - Beautiful People
lD_BoRNEEUQ

Cuchulainn
06-13-2009, 10:40 AM
MGBZf5oKspk

H8hTU9fLVgM

enan-man
06-14-2009, 03:57 PM

zE-rD8vcY4U
^

awesome vid...scope this...pretty motivating with the same song...
(not a celtics fan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-ifRiBObs

enan-man
06-14-2009, 03:59 PM
wow. didn't realize someone totally annoying is talking in the backgroudn when KG yells...but none the less...pretty chill that they used that song.

sellout85
06-14-2009, 07:08 PM
Definitely agree with the earlier posters about Till I Collapse - Eminem, its a great song to get pumped up with.
For Cardio, I pretty much listen to anything on The Used's Self Titled with maybe some UnderOath and Alexisonfire.

Definately, Definately have to agree with you on those 3. Just add Senses Fail, As I Lay Dying, and some Rise Against and you will be set!

sellout85
06-14-2009, 07:16 PM

suggestion?

try: "Get alot", "Amazin", "Hustlaz Ambition" and "Put On" by Young Jeezy.
and "best rapper alive", "im a d boy" and "3 peat" by Lil wayne
thats what i jam to when i do legs and it pumps me up

sellout85
06-14-2009, 07:26 PM
This is just a few random songs on my gym mix
soul creation - cinder
halo - soil
everyday combat - lostprophets
last train -lostprophets
i dont know - lostprophets
byron black - Autopilot off
the 12th day- autopilot off
chromatic fades - autopilot off
giving in - adema
the way you like it - adema
ocean between us- as i lay dying
through struggle - as i lay dying
boom - P.O.D.
Snake devil - Scary kids scaring kids

ZiahM
06-15-2009, 03:50 AM
This:

Qit3ALTelOo

Lol just kidding. Rise Against song's are my favourite for cardio as well as a few select songs from Three Days Grace, Eminem, Lost Prophets and other bands. Prefer to do weights without music though cause it just distracts me. Oh and Fort Minor - Remember The Name is a pretty good motivator to, don't think it's been mentioned.

Rawsy_08
06-15-2009, 12:30 PM
I usually listen to a lot of rap and hardcore, anything thats fast and loud with big bass, and you have to play it loud ... i play it that loud i have broke one of my earphones and i'm using my dads at the moment :)

Matty34
06-15-2009, 01:08 PM
I usually listen to a lot of rap and hardcore, anything thats fast and loud with big bass, and you have to play it loud ... i play it that loud i have broke one of my earphones and i'm using my dads at the moment :)
What's the best rap song you listen to that motivates you that has lots of bass? A couple would be good. Any good rap/hip-hop song for motivating you would be good, really.

Rawsy_08
06-15-2009, 01:30 PM
What's the best rap song you listen to that motivates you that has lots of bass? A couple would be good. Any good rap/hip-hop song for motivating you would be good, really.

i listen to a lot of eminem and UK Rap/Grime but i'm guessing you're not from the UK so wont like that haha! but anyway some of the songs in my playlist are:

Eminem - Til I Collapse
Eminem - Soldier
Eminem - Underground/Ken Kaniff
Eminem - Hello
Eminem - Welcome To Detroit City
Eminem - You Dont Know
50 Cent - I Get Money (Remix)
Lil Wayne - New Orleans Magic

and have a look at these (but i dont think you will be interested)

Dizzee Rascal - Stop Dat
Bashy - Kidulthood to Adulthood
Bless Beats - Kill All A Dem

sorry if you dont like ANY of them but these are the best rap/hip-hop songs that motivate me :) i would post links to but my internet is running very slow at the moment :|

hope this helps :D

WhyisT
06-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Godzilla soundtrack
Space Jam soundtrack
:)

MistaJones89
06-15-2009, 11:46 PM
nDa3ZRc5-D8

cPwzfWakre0

j3ky1SvQ3f0

I love these songs! They keep my focused and motivated like nothing else.

markphilips
06-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Lamb of God-Hourglass
As i Lay Dying-Through Struggle
Light This City-Facing the Thousand
Megadeth-Hanger 18
Hatebreed-Live for This
Pantera-****in Hostile
Slayer-Psycopathy Red
Children of Bodom-Follow the Reaper

Smitty1211
06-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Question:

pre-workout?
running?
lifting?

(if there is a tread based on this arleady. I am sorry. first day here)

Alot of killswitch engage, Five finger death punch, and some seether for lifting

trance__dreamer
06-16-2009, 09:39 PM
sean tyas: http://alldj.org/index.php?name=News&new_topic=119

fckin' RIGHTS!!!

strac
06-17-2009, 04:03 AM
pre workout - eminem - youtube.com/watch?v=jgg04EekxIc&feature=related
lifting - 50 cent - youtube.com/watch?v=YPWC-kG1Zok
gets me going!

ajstylesisgod
06-17-2009, 03:17 PM

suggestion?

dude try anything by fort minor

rember the name has a cool beat with serious lyrics

till i colapse eminem

get up 50 cent

nelly heart of a champion

50 cent feat ludacris i get money

g-unit i like the way she do it

some of them arnet serrious songs but they have good work out beats in my opinion

whey greek
06-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Towards the end of my workout today (abs), I hit 25 crunches till failure. I put this baby on next and hit 50 to end the day.

H-6BEwbZSGA

callmeunodos
06-18-2009, 05:52 PM

I don't know about a lot of bass, but look in to anything Brother Ali, especially 'Self Taught'. I'm listening to it right now and I want to get up and move something, lol.

also, anything freaking Jeezy.

lol, second edit: Motivation by T.I. that used to get me through some tough days in Iraq

blockmonkey
06-19-2009, 05:32 AM
On the treadmill this morning doing incline I was all out of steam, then this song came on on my ipod and in an instant my mood was lifted and I felt like I could run another 10 km.

mVm8jPBhmMU

Reminds me of the start of 2005 my life was in the gutter, my ex had cheated on me with my best mate , I had to pay back a loan she had in my name and I had a whole load of other crap going on in my life. Felt like I had a whole world carrying on my shoulders.

Then one day on the way home from work I heard this song and I realised things were going to be okay

I should be on radio 1 changing tracks :D

rmack27
06-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Noticed there's no Rise Against in this thread. Here's a few of their tracks in my playlist...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6FGb7I9f1U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qhry7ufxno
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCiH7LAg7PE

Dodoz
06-22-2009, 09:31 PM
Before I go to the gym (to put me in a good mood)
xfVJ11GXzXQ
Y1L8uRApYeQ
ApJXN3vfvvs
47OKp3UWC8g

Right before lifts (give me 5 extra pounds on all lifts haha):
mfHlA3fmJG0
L2gzibUvDzw
doTBT46wMvA

rdwmdk27
06-23-2009, 12:09 PM
For both running and lifting -
Pretty much anything from tool, deftones, chevelle, nin, rob zombie, sevendust, 10 years, mudvayne, black sabbath, godsmack, disturbed, alice in chains, korn, disturbed, or mastodon.

FightingIrish98
06-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Meatloaf-Bat out of hell
Cypress Hill-Rock Superstar
36mafia-Its a Fight
Motley Crue-Kickstart my heart
2pac/biggie-Runnin'(living to die)
Pantera-Cowboys from hell
LL cool j-Mama said knock you out
Jeulz Santana-The second coming (he sucks, but this song is ****ing incredible)

jmd92
06-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Anything heavy.

I'd reccommend Stemm.

BNR
06-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Public Enemy- Welcome to the terrordome
Sandpeople-perfect picture
Army of the Pharoahs- Seven
Lil Wayne-steps back
Mobb Deep- Suvival of the Fittest, Shook Ones
Sole- Pawn in the game pt 1
Saul Williams- List of demands

there's a few tracks I listen to often

austin_bicep
06-24-2009, 08:21 PM
club/ house/trance when doing cardio

wu-tang clan when hitting the weights

CR123
06-25-2009, 11:57 AM
wMu8K62jJ98

This song is good to get you pumped up...especially if you're feeling a little sluggish...

saw it on Penn vs GSP primetime and I was amazed

markphilips
06-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Check out Light This City

Gemini80
06-25-2009, 06:03 PM
a few on my ipod...

Same ol situation - motley crue
just a lil bit - 50 cent
shake that - eminem ft nate dogg*
my humps -black eyed peas
so what - pink
I got it from my Mama - will. I. Am
whatever you like - TI
Dangerous - akon
hope it gives you hell - all american rejects
flaunt it - tv rock*

*-my favs

sam_hat
06-25-2009, 06:26 PM
50 cent -No mercy no fear
50 cent -Power of a dollar
50 cent-Freestyle before paystyle

i have to admit most of the new 50 stuff is trash but if you cant get some of the old schoool underground stuff its sick

Jadakiss-Kiss my a@@
jadakiss-Alqada-jada

pretty much all NY underground/mixtape rap

AsianCutie
06-26-2009, 02:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5-ZiNwv6kI

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5-ZiNwv6kI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5-ZiNwv6kI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

blockmonkey
06-26-2009, 02:42 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5-ZiNwv6kI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5-ZiNwv6kI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ZiNwv6kI

bfr34bh
06-26-2009, 05:11 PM
little out of the ordinary but...

Motion city soundtrack
-feel like rain
-better open the door
-lets get f^ed up and die
-hello helicopter
more too

Nickelback
-see you at the show
-throw yourself away
-believe it or not

A perfect circle
-the outsider

refused
-new noise

reggie and the full effect
-get well soon

tons more

pp301
06-26-2009, 05:28 PM

Pt-NvcuDVBc

bit of rob dougan...glad your a fan of the matrix!! amazing choice

steelblue89
06-26-2009, 10:59 PM

Check out My Time by Fabolous, it's new but it's perfect for getting you pumped.

BNR
06-26-2009, 11:13 PM
B0MNfMUa9pc forward to about 45 sec
W2BdQgWplxI

Trapezius82
06-27-2009, 04:54 PM
I cant believe nobody has posted this sing yet I think everyone should recognize it

[ youtube]5STsFV6wu6w[ /youtube]

Trapezius82
06-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Still new here cant post the links but the song is Carl Orff - O Fortuna

whiskeyboarder
06-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Still new here cant post the links but the song is Carl Orff - O Fortuna

Sorry if this has been posted before. This video / song has been working for me lately:

sMxG0TaTACk

Unfortunately, the only youtube version I could find that allowed embedding doesn't feature the video. You can find it on youtube, though.

usmc3003
06-28-2009, 09:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbvo2NznIGI

JAG836
06-28-2009, 12:58 PM
Disturbed - Guarded

A Perfect Circle - Judith

Chevelle - I Get It

Tool - Sober

LukeRicho
06-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Rooftops ~ lostprophets, nuff said

saluted
06-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Live For This by Hatebreed

I usually have it on loop while doing cardio. Not much music when I am working with weights.

lucky_l3fty
06-28-2009, 05:37 PM
through the fire and flames for some reason boosts me to a new level

LIVE_FAST_
06-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Pre- Enter Sandman, Pain, I Hate Everything About You, The Game, Down With The Sickness

During- Got Money, Grillz, Dropping Plates, Don't Stay, Faint, Fatal, Just Like a Drug, Satisfaction, Bring The Noise, For Heavens Sake, Somewhere I Belong, Billie Jean, Satisfaction Cocaine Mix, In Da Club, I Like The Way She Do It, I Get Money, the list goes on...

UnknownAthlete
06-29-2009, 04:57 PM
While lifting weights/cardio, and I feel like giving up, I listen to Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti (from the Rocky movies). Makes me push myself harder.

- UnknownAthlete -

ak93
06-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Breaking Benjamin- Diary of Jane
Atreyu- The Crimson
Trapt- Headstrong
Lamb Of God- Omerta
All That Remains- The Air That I Breathe, Six, Two Weeks
Chevelle- The Fad
Linkin Park- Hit The Floor, A Place For My Head

That's just a few good songs that'll get me goin

cantgetveins
06-30-2009, 01:44 AM
linkin park-numb,In The End

Breaking Benjamin- Diary of Jane

ilovehurling
06-30-2009, 04:13 AM
survivor-eye of the tiger
nickelback-rockstar
journey-dont stop believing
anthing by the pogues or wolfe tones
eminem in general

iBleedGreen
06-30-2009, 10:55 PM
While doing weights I usually listen to Anberlin, Breaking Benjamin, Linkin Park, Paramore, Taking Back Sunday, and Thrice, good stuff for me.

movebigweight73
07-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I listen to "You're Going Down", the new song by sick puppies on the way to the gym then just a blend of metal/rock/rap then "Far From Over" by Rev Theory to get through cardio of the 5th set of 5x5's

Static_ld50
07-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Metal. The harder the better. Job For a Cowboy, Throwdown, Lamb of God, As I Lay Dying, Hatebreed, As Blood Runs Black, All Shall Perish, Chimaira, Pantera and so on. I have a massive play list of metal and the shuffle option on my Zune.

angryviking0321
07-03-2009, 05:19 AM
during a workout (or anywhere else)i like metal stuff: Amon amarth, dethklok, dimmu borgir, atreyu, children of bodom, in flames, dark tranquility...i could go on forever :d.

jfq2yjkya-k

all of these bands rock, and increase your intensity levels. Give amon amarth a shot!!!!!!!!!

nano.ix
07-03-2009, 06:49 AM
since i lost all my music i havent been able to listen to metal (shame)
but i have listening to Army of the Phaorohs (sp) and Immortal Technique recently. the beats have me in a zone.

DrakeStryker
07-03-2009, 09:23 AM
I usually watch action films when I work out, but sometimes I'm in the mood for music instead. On these days, I listen to heavy metal exclusively (even though it's not my favorite genre). Here's a few of the songs I'd listen to (and their respective artists):

"Conflict" by Disturbed

"Happy?" by MuDvAyNe

"Everything I've Known" by Korn

"Waffle" by Sevendust

"Bodies" by Drowning Pool

"Walk" by Pantera

"Save Me" by Damageplan

lhutchins22
07-03-2009, 05:59 PM
This is a great song to start with because the song itself gets stronger as it plays

markphilips
07-04-2009, 08:08 AM
all of these bands rock, and increase your intensity levels. Give amon amarth a shot!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah, amon amarth are awesome! Also try light this city.

uprise
07-05-2009, 06:46 PM
I would have to say

Eminem - Lose Yourself

It's like his singing about you. All the words flow and it makes you wanna step it up

Blue Blazer
07-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Walk -Pantera

Line in the sand -Motorhead

Voices -Rev Theory

Push It -Static-X

Control It -Static-X

Boom -POD

People = **** -Slipknot

dchozenone
07-07-2009, 05:32 PM
enter the sandman- Metallica

more human than human- White Zombie

Killing in the name- Rage against

tuffguyx93
07-07-2009, 05:58 PM
well i basically listen to is this:
workout- basically screamo like a skylit drive, the devil wears prada, i killed the prom queen, attack attack, alexisonfire, lil wayne, and a little alternative rock with good bass and drums.
conditiong i like to concentrate and not listen to anything
When i run i just put my ipod on shuffle and that gets me good.

aimcheater
07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
Wow im surprised nobody has "Push it to the limit" by either Paul Engemann or Rick Ross

Also, Judas Priest - Turbo Lover and Dope - Debonaire

Brenden061
07-12-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet..

Three days Grace - Riot

Requisite 101
07-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Born to Win - Papoose

That's why I eat finer foods
Complete wiser moves, I'ma retire you
No remmorce for these tired dudes
Let's celebrate the victory, I won like three minus two
Its only what you make it thats what we gotta remember
But deep down inside everybodies a winner
You gotta work hard January 'till December
Finish what you start and you can be a contender
Watch the man in the mirror, look into your inner
Self, maintian health and never be a quitter
Gotta shine like the sun, flow like the river
you see a chance to win then take it like a picture
I ain't tryna preach to you don't feel bitter
I'm just tryna tell you what it take to be a winner
He's a champion cause it's impossible to stop him
Victory is a option

I-vAkD8LCZQ

iGoHam
07-14-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4KWoZyHeQw
dunno how to embedd lol

Dogbreath
07-14-2009, 06:29 PM
Old school 80's like Metallica, Motley Crue, and Warrant, and 80's to early 90's hip hop

TheChase
07-15-2009, 05:59 AM
BhsTmiK7Q2M

DLwr5a4ghqY

A3Txvt6tTKo

Valjean
07-16-2009, 04:50 AM
Speaking of music I found noise canceling earbuds for free on 1saleaday.com. You just pay shipping. Just wanted to spread to word to some fellow bbers. Hope I'm not breaking any rules.

verdisQUO
07-16-2009, 06:50 AM
The only song that keeps me gong is "In Due Time" by Cee-Lo Green.

Not a fan of his music, but this song he had done keeps my spirit up. So fair play to him.

Lyrics (the ones I tend to replay)

Bridge

Struggling is just a part of my day
Many obstacles been placed in my way
I know the only reason that I make it through
Is because I never stop believing in you
Some people wonder why we're here in the 1st place
They can't believe because they ain't never seen your face
But even when you pray, the next day you gotta try
Can it wait for nobody to come down out the sky
You've got to realize that the world's a test
You can only do your best and let him do the rest
You've got your life, you've got your health
So quit procrastinating and push it yourself
You've got to realize that the world's a test
You can only do your best and let him do the rest
You've got your life, you've got your health
So quit procrastinating

Chorus

You just keep your faith in me
Don't act impatiently
You'll get where you need to be
In due time
Even when things go slow
Hold on and don't let go
I'll give you what I owe
In due time

youngun82
07-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Walk___pantera

The_ScoTTmaN
07-17-2009, 02:22 AM
Breaking Benjamins and young jeezy!

rite2bcreative
07-17-2009, 08:43 AM
hey, heres what i listen to when i work out

trapt-headstrong
fort minor- remember the name
kill switch engage- the end of heart ache
p.o.d-boom
p.o.d-youth of the nation
pearljam- even flow
skillet- rebirthing
N.E.R.D-rockstar (j. nevins remix)
beenie man- cruel summer (ft diana)
nikka costa- everybody got their something (this ones pretty girly lol)

Dedicated101
07-17-2009, 01:45 PM
During a workout (or anywhere else)I like metal stuff: Amon Amarth, Dethklok, Dimmu Borgir, Atreyu, Children of Bodom, In Flames, Dark Tranquility...I could go on forever :D.

JFq2YJKYa-k

could not agree more.(unless u threw in old mans child, black dahlia murder, and behmoth =] )

darkfenix
07-18-2009, 10:17 AM

suggestion?

hiphopdx.com/index/audio/id.5817/title.wordsmith-f-trel-mack-geolani-donny-goines-bar-bells

youtube.com/watch?v=Yx1m9sieYhw&feature=player_embedded

i'm at rutgers too bro

CROSSBERG
07-20-2009, 01:10 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NisCkxU544c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NisCkxU544c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

CROSSBERG
07-20-2009, 01:11 PM
That didn't work out as planned.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

Listen to that

sdfksdhgkhsdg
07-20-2009, 01:47 PM
Drum and bass all the way!

LiveFromNY
07-21-2009, 10:36 AM
sometimes when i run i listen to military cadences, usually the USMC's

_TheMan360_
07-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Hip Hop, Rock-Punk

Linkin Park, RHCP, Metallica, Nirvana. Eminem, 2pac, 50 cent..

ClevageGobbler
07-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Wu tang wu tang wu tang

mickdawg34
07-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Limp bizkit, metallica, chevelle, korn, eminem

mickdawg34
07-27-2009, 07:03 PM
bump

thimself
07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
I have been jamming "Cage The Elephant" while I've been in the gym, cardio or weights...check out 'Ain't No Rest For The Wicked' and 'In One Ear'

In One Ear is my personal favorite...I would post links but I haven't had enough posts yet to do so...so all the more inspiration to post more

beyondbasic
07-28-2009, 06:07 AM
hey, heres what i listen to when i work out

trapt-headstrong
fort minor- remember the name
kill switch engage- the end of heart ache
p.o.d-boom
p.o.d-youth of the nation
pearljam- even flow

everyone is on my ipod lol

ilovehurling
07-28-2009, 06:22 AM
Surviver- Eye of the Tiger
Journey- Don't Stop believing
Darude- Sandstorm
Eminem- Lose Yourself
Guns n Roses - Another One bites the dust

badreligion
07-28-2009, 06:25 AM
Iron Maiden

Bad Religion

Judas Priest

Dio

Manowar

Motorhead

JohnnyV83
07-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Jock Jams is running 24-7 on my play list.

crashXCI
07-28-2009, 12:28 PM
all the above by maino has been getting me pumped lately...

Baller01
07-28-2009, 07:26 PM
Linkin Park

xtreme919
07-28-2009, 11:46 PM
Plies - Becky....new song pretty good!

saluted
07-29-2009, 10:14 PM
JdMg3aknCCM

Love it.

Ipringle
07-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Walk___pantera

Yeah this will about do it.

But i listen to all kinds of music, just like outside of the gym. One day i'll be in the mood for some chimaira, devildriver, sepultura, pantera and some days i'll be in a hip hop/rap type of mood eminem, nas, ice cube. And some days just anything, y'know creed, gwen stephani, scooter, nightwish (lol), basshunter, the prodigy, anything really so long as it keeps me focused and allows me to bang out the reps. :)

Its all good.

A_posse_ad_esse
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
I just do this with my iPhone

Artists-->Slipknot-->All songs-->Shuffle

Keeps me from getting too relaxed. I go to the gym at midnight, so I can feel tired if I let myself.

xxmaxmusclexx
07-30-2009, 05:06 PM
One of the most motivational songs/bands. Check out more of there songs.. almost all of them are like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akrlHIgH5mw

mmabuzzsaw
07-31-2009, 08:29 AM
Conan the Barbarian Soundtrack... :)

Army GI
07-31-2009, 02:23 PM
Conan the Barbarian Soundtrack... :)

lol! YES! I was going to post something else, but I think I'll stick with this one :)

Actually, military running cadences motivate me when I'm doing my run since that is my weakest area. I usually don't need music to get my through my weight lifting workout.

gou
08-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Gonna Fly Now - DeEtta Little/Nelson Pigford

The title track of Rocky movie if any body can remember...

the best motivational track ever...

Whenever i hear this song i tend to keep extra effort on my workout....

russellx88x
08-01-2009, 10:48 PM

zE-rD8vcY4U
^

HELL YEAHH!!!!! thats the song

russellx88x
08-01-2009, 11:01 PM
I was going to post a link and a vid, but for some reason, my opinion isnt valid because i only have 5 posts.

Thanks for that bb.com

anything killswtich..the words dont distract you too much and theyre powerful at times :) for extra motivation download the new album..infact all of them..

blockmonkey
08-02-2009, 01:32 PM
One of the most beautiful pieces I have heard in a long time

ALHq-XIzxYQ&feature=related

blockmonkey
08-02-2009, 01:36 PM
tqBCOBRcMqc

AshNZ
08-03-2009, 04:54 AM
I've been listening to this song non stop for past few days. Its from one of the local bands and the last verse gets me going every time I listen to it!! Just take a look:

Everyday I wake up I'm frustrated
It hurts not looking forward to a morning at work
Its like I'm glued to my mattress
Why I can't get out of bed at 6AM, alarm doing my head in but I swallow my pride
Feel like I'm tied up in a knot, like I'm walking on a treadmill still in the same spot
9 to 5 minimum wage is definitely not for me
Me I don't even like to see the amount of stress on my shoulders, I'm only a man
So i take it out on the gym and press as much as I can..
I swear if this is life for me I don't want to live it
I know there iss more in store for me than this f***ed up prison
The truth is i made a promise to my fans that's why I have to carry the torch like I'm the dreamer man
My head tilted up my face to the clouds my feet on the ground I'm talking to the lord

Reference to gym is a real pump up but in general song is quite good if you are broke and things aren't going the way you want them to .. just remember there's more in store for you than this ordinary life..

Youtube "Ordinary Life" - Smashproof: /watch?v=XJ410LlOpXY (silly rules won't let me post the whole link because I don't have enough posts or some bs just add the above after youtube (dot) com)

Kero80
08-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Here are some of my faves. It's like a dance party in there...

"Give it 2 me"- Madonna
"Fergalicious" - Fergie
"What you waiting for"- Gwen Stefani
"My Humps" - Fergie
"L.E.S. Artistes" - Santigold
"The Moneymaker" - Rilo Kiley
"Satisfaction" (Radio Edit) - Benny Benassi & The Biz

NJPump
08-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Here are some of my faves. It's like a dance party in there...

"Give it 2 me"- Madonna
"Fergalicious" - Fergie
"What you waiting for"- Gwen Stefani
"My Humps" - Fergie
"L.E.S. Artistes" - Santigold
"The Moneymaker" - Rilo Kiley
"Satisfaction" (Radio Edit) - Benny Benassi & The Biz

u consider these "motivating"?

rawtheory
08-03-2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLVeAuyC-80

Kero80
08-03-2009, 10:36 AM

Obviously...

allisonesque
08-03-2009, 03:50 PM

There's nothing wrong with those. Fergie's one of my faves for cardio.

My weightlifting stuff is usually metal like Demon Hunter, Becoming the Archetype, Killswitch Engage, and Gojira.

thacalikid911
08-04-2009, 11:59 AM
awesome vid...scope this...pretty motivating with the same song...
(not a celtics fan)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh-ifRiBObs

best Requiem for a dream mix imo. I'm not a ravens fan.

eeexDrlNx5E

kickurshin
08-06-2009, 11:23 PM
na_Zac23b5E

Also posted a compilation video in the motivational videos section. Epic score IMO.

VENOMsK8r
08-07-2009, 02:15 AM

+2 my humps? What in the world? That song makes me lazy

betsie2k
08-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Anyone know the background music of the UFC 100 weigh in? (when lesnar and mir are being weighed)

I would post a link but I need 30+ posts.

Search for it on youtube

outwheygeous
08-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Seether- "Out of my way"

Any youtube vids on combat in Iraq/Afghanistan

I just graduated from MCT (Marine Combat Training) and we got to watch a moto video with this song playing in the background. Good stuff...

uziel5000
08-07-2009, 12:53 PM
Disturbed - The Sickness
War? - System of a Down
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger (Is there a workout playlist that DOESN'T have this song?)
Angels and Airwaves - The Adventure
Walk - Pantera
Sabotage - Beastie Boys

Carson92
08-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Chimaira. Usually to get pissed and pumped, the new album "The Infection", and when I need an extra boost the "Ressurection" album. Some real intense music.

getJAQed
08-08-2009, 01:50 PM
rage against the machine, eminem, 50 cent, notorious big, slip knot, hed pe....anything loud, mean and vicious

rep back

E1GHTY_PR00F
08-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Best treadmill song ever - Till I Collapse

jeepfix
08-08-2009, 02:39 PM
SICK PUPPIES - WAR (STREET FIGHTERS 4)

The best workout song period. I always put this on when I need that extra boost. The line, "Let's Do This!" pumps me up every time.

Hennels
08-08-2009, 06:14 PM
QKAYeT2bN5k

johnnyj411
08-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Chimaira. Usually to get pissed and pumped, the new album "The Infection", and when I need an extra boost the "Ressurection" album. Some real intense music.

**** yea dude! Chimiara kiks balls! But I love thier "Pass Out of Existence" and "chimiara selftitled album the best!

and I love some old skool korn from 1994 like blind, and ball toungue,and clown

GHMLS
08-08-2009, 09:51 PM
i would have to say the most motivating band is metallica every song just wants to make punch something especially st. anger

beyondbasic
08-09-2009, 11:12 AM
no idea why but this song pumps me up alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFb9UqELX8w

beyondbasic
08-09-2009, 11:30 AM
hank williams jr - a country boy can survive aka matt hughes entrance music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0MSJ9TjU3c

Redcutter
08-12-2009, 07:15 AM
If you want peace..prepare for war by Children of Bodom. If that song doesn't make you want to straight up do work at the gym then there is definitely something wrong with you.

Also, Hatebreed provides some damn good lifting tunes. And I can't forget about my favorite- Whitechapel :D

OwnageDevil
08-15-2009, 03:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWYHRkKAyCE

operation5pm
08-17-2009, 07:36 AM
Killswitch Engage and Rammstein. Rammstein in the car on the way there, KSE when I'm lifting.

pattbateman
08-17-2009, 08:46 AM
podcast are the best. they come out weekly and its all new music. i subscribe to Trance Around the World with Above and Beyond. and Armin Van Buurens weekly podcast perfect music to run and workout to

Cracksolja
08-17-2009, 01:34 PM
My current most motiviationl song to listen to..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW7EW8FJKW4

Tech N9ne - Dysfunctional has a sense of difference init

Reach_Yeah
08-18-2009, 01:32 AM
Personally I prefer upbeat hip hop and r'n'b. Here's a few examples of whats usually on my playlist for the gym at the moment:

I Got Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
Take Me Away - 4th Avenue Jones
Nike Boots - Wale
Chillin - Wale feat. Lady Gaga
Way I Are - Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson
Paper Planes Remix - MIA feat. Blaqstarr
Ghost Showers - Ghostface
Look At Me Now - Akon feat. Obie Trice
Game Over - Lil Flip
Stuck On Repeat - Little Boots
We In Here - DMX
We Go Hard - DMX
Get It On The Floor - DMX
Superthug - Noreaga
Break Fool - Rah Digga
Suburban Knights - Hard-Fi
This Ain't A Scene, Its An Arm Race - Fall Out Boy
Don't Stop The Music -Rihanna
Right Here - Pharoahe Monche
Come On - Notorious BIG
Got Yourself A... - Nas
Special Delivery Remix - G-Dep feat. Ghostface, P. Diddy, Craig Mack
Made You Look - Nas feat. Jadakiss
Intergalatic - Beastie Boys

ashtonwayne
08-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Music that helps me on my work outs ranges from everything...

Red jumpsuit Apparatus : False Pretense, Face down
Eminem : Till I collapes (seems to be a lot of folks who agree on that)
D-12 : Fight Music
E-40 : Go Hard or Go Home (check it out if you haven't
T-pain : Church
Maino : All the Above
Seether :Fake it
Union Turnpike : Oh!
DJ Unk : 2step remix (for those who like to dance while they work out)

I got about 80 songs on my work out play list but those are a few that get me motivated.

Scramdor
08-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Before I go to the gym (to put me in a good mood)
xfVJ11GXzXQ
Y1L8uRApYeQ
ApJXN3vfvvs
47OKp3UWC8g

Right before lifts (give me 5 extra pounds on all lifts haha):
mfHlA3fmJG0
L2gzibUvDzw
doTBT46wMvA

ramstein is great for lifting. i cant understand a thing but its great stuff

Scramdor
08-18-2009, 09:19 PM
my favorite songs for lifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpjLBohzJlQ

rob1992
08-19-2009, 07:49 AM
subbed so i can find it again quickly :p

Cobus
08-19-2009, 11:32 PM
Anything by The Butterfly Effect!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQzpegEuawc

OwnageDevil
08-21-2009, 12:05 AM
My current most motiviationl song to listen to..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW7EW8FJKW4

Tech N9ne - Dysfunctional has a sense of difference init
x2 - That songs sick - awesome flow.

chilets
08-21-2009, 12:12 AM
First Blood - First Blood

Always the song that pumps me up when maxing or just arriving to the gym