PDA

View Full Version : New to forum - My motivation is a trip to Jamaica

txw
05-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Hi all,

New here. My wife and I are about 30 days into a 90 day challenge. I am working to lose 40 pounds, she is after 20. So far, we are both halfway there.

Our reward for making our goals will be a trip to Jamaica. Our trip is booked, but we bought the cancellation insurance with the promise that the trip will cancel if the goal is not made on time.

We are both very hardcore about watching what we eat and making sure we get in our exercise.

For a long time, we both have wanted to slim down, but had no motivation. So we thought about what reward would be enough to motivate us and both came up with Jamaica before we talked.

We have pictures posted around the house to remind us of what we are striving for.

Anyway, hope this is helpful to someone out there. Find a reward for making your goals, and make it a reward that you don't want to live without.

Cheers.

euclid
05-21-2009, 11:23 AM
It's nice that you two can do it together. So often in relationships one partner is more or less motivated than the other and it can cause some real hardships. For your sake - I hope the both of you reach that goal!

txw
05-21-2009, 01:02 PM
For your sake - I hope the both of you reach that goal!

You got that right!

I know that it better not be my fault we miss out on this trip.

tomo25mcr
05-25-2009, 07:00 AM
good idea! im feeling a bit stressed today and so havnt ate much and so been a bit of demotivated grump, im going to set myself a task with a nice reward like this.

txw
07-06-2009, 07:10 AM
Well, now we have both made cutoff weight to go on our trip to Jamaica.

My wife made her goal weeks ago, but I just made mine today. Now under 195 lbs.

Jamaica, here we come.

Check out my Bodyspace for progress pics.

ThrowinWeight
07-06-2009, 12:05 PM
take the excursion to dunn's river falls, that was fun times

HCRX311
07-06-2009, 12:21 PM
take the excursion to dunn's river falls, that was fun times

Agreed, good times, be careful that water is cold!! and the rocks are slippery.

txw
07-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Well Jamaica was awesome.

We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse on the South side of the island. Super nice place.

Now, we are gearing up to start P90X. Time to come up with new goals and new incentives.

Cheers.