PDA

View Full Version : I loose my motivation every two months

shymaaz
05-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi all
I hope you people will not find it inappropriate but i have some phsycological problem in there ..that is linked to change in mental states. Sometimes i feel in a high state or mind like i can do everything or I will do.....but at times my state becomes toooooooooo low..i get frustrated, my goals seem impossible to me. This has affected my routine exercises and workouts a lot..i want some stability..but how i can bring it in my life?

Thr33L
05-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Hi all
I hope you people will not find it inappropriate but i have some phsycological problem in there ..that is linked to change in mental states. Sometimes i feel in a high state or mind like i can do everything or I will do.....but at times my state becomes toooooooooo low..i get frustrated, my goals seem impossible to me. This has affected my routine exercises and workouts a lot..i want some stability..but how i can bring it in my life?

Well, it's possible you're bipolar or have some "degree" of bipolar disorder. Everyone on a small level has their ups and downs, in some it's more pronounced than others, and when its a truly debilitating problem it's found in the DSM IV as "bipolar"

I'm not saying you are bipolar but maybe you're somewhat bipolar.

Ways to deal with it is of course, exercise. Cardio is more likely to release stress so try and fit cardio into your life. Drink a lot of water, and eat healthy. If you drink any alcohol at all, you need to cut this out of your life entirely. Despite what many people will say, this can cause serious mental disturbances that may not APPEAR to be directly linked to alcohol.

Set smaller goals for yourself. Seriously, I hate that ****ing line "shoot for the stars". Shoot for something SMALL. Once you get that, shoot for something a LITTLE bit bigger. Baby steps are the key to success, nobody ever made it big overnight.

LASTLY and MOST IMPORTANTLY:

Learn to be okay with your own failures. Seriously, if you don't workout for a week straight ... just try and relax - it's not the end of the world. Once you give yourself a break, you'll find its easier to enjoy things in life (like lifting weights).

If you beat yourself up all the time you're MUCH less likely to be interested in doing things, because you're consciously aware of the repercussions of failure.

Sorry for the essay, hope it helps

_Landers_
05-21-2009, 12:11 AM
^^^this is a great post and great advice, repped

blockmonkey
05-21-2009, 01:39 AM
How much alcohol do you drink op?

corymarsh
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
The two most common things in the Universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
-- Harlan Ellison