PDA

View Full Version : Completely dead after working out.

jmotown187
05-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on this. I have been working out 3 days a week in the gym, mon, wed, fri for the past 4 weeks. The first two weeks I was great, I was feeling great all day everyday. This last week I couldn't even finish my workout due to extreme fatigue, I was damn near falling asleep at the gym and on the way home. My diet hasn't changed, I just ordered some SuperPump 250 to maybe give me an added boost pre workout. Now I have noticed a major drop in energy even on off days. Has my body changed to the point where I need to start eating a lot more? I also play full court basketball 4 days a week for a few hours a session.

I wake up and have 3 whole eggs scrambled at 8:30am. I drink a protein shake at 10:30, then I goto the gym. When I get home I have another shake. Also, I am drinking water almost the entire day. My diet is linked below, I am trying to lose weight. I was at 200 or so pounds when I started and over the course of 2-3months I am in the low 180s. Thanks for any advice.

Supps, multivit and 100% whey is all I take as of right now.

casticonstantinescu
05-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I find adding a nice carb meal 1 hour before my workout really helps with fatigue while cutting. Eat a banana or two, or a small sandwich and save the shake for PWO maybe.

Also, 2000 could be alright for gym days, but if you're also doing a few hours of basketball on those days, you could probably stand to eat a little more, 300 calories more at least. The extra meal throughout the day could help your energy levels

BG_1
05-20-2009, 09:59 AM
I wake up and have 3 whole eggs scrambled at 8:30am. I drink a protein shake at 10:30, then I goto the gym.
eat some carbs before gym, and plenty of water.

rhizome
05-20-2009, 10:02 AM
your diet sucks compared to your activity level. Fuel your exercise and recovery better.

imccarthy
05-20-2009, 10:13 AM
More carbs.

double gonad
05-20-2009, 10:39 AM
How many hours of sleep do you get each night?

jmotown187
05-20-2009, 12:00 PM
I get to bed around 12 every night and I am up by 8am. Thanks for all the help, I will try to eat a little more. I really don't want my work outs to be sub par and feeling out of it halfway through is just not fun. So it wouldn't kill me to eat another 300-500 calories?

I have this smart balance peanut butter I was thinking about eating a piece or two of my wheat bread with the pb before and after my workouts. Its high in the healthy acids and the wheat bread has a good amount of carbs in it. This would be in addition to my shakes.