PDA

View Full Version : never know what to eat after lifting

DCx
05-20-2009, 05:34 AM
after lifting i will drink two scoops of ON whey and eat 6 glucose tablets or drink 2 scoops of powder gatoraide to get my 30g of carbs in.

an hour or so afterward i will eat a solid meal. usually my last before bed. what would be good to include in this meal? more carbs such as brown rice or raw oats? or keep it lite and nix all fats and just eat lean proteins?

i eat carbs all throughout the day usually 30 grams with each meal in the form of 1/2 raw oats or 1 cup of brown rice.

caa5000
05-20-2009, 06:10 AM
I'd include all three macros. Porbably want more carbs and protein then fat.

Jeclavad
05-20-2009, 06:45 AM
I would eat a balanced meal with carbs (30g PWO is not a lot) fat and protein.
Brown rice/oats/pasta/WW bread/potatoes are fine. Eat your veggies and fruits as well.

DCx
05-20-2009, 06:56 AM
sounds good. i always try to knock out the fats in my first few meals of the day. usually 1/2 an avocado with 1/2 cup oats and chicken, and the second meal will be almonds and chicken. i was told to fear fat when carbs are involved.

i used to be an extreme keto guy... then i found brown rice and oats. never been better.

Own3r
05-20-2009, 07:21 AM
You need all 3 macros for best results for your meal. Is there a reason why you are only taking in 30g of carbs PWO.

The_Animal11
05-20-2009, 07:35 AM
id say the two most important meals to be getting balanced macros in are breakfast and immediately before bed. you dont want your body to be lacking anything while ya sleep and ya wanna restore normal levels when you wake up. besides that, i actually like to have most of my carbs earlier in the day and my fats later in the day/before bed. oh, and i think that sounds like a pretty good immediately PWO shake, maybe a little more carbs depending on what your goals are

DCx
05-20-2009, 03:45 PM
at the moment i am on a cut. but i am unsure if i am eating too little fats. here are my typical meals.

upon waking - one scoop of ON whey

meal one - 1/2 cup raw oats blended into flour in 8oz of skim milk, chicken breast, 1/2 can of green beans, and 1/2 avocado

meal two - chicken breast, 1/4 cup of roasted almonds.

meal three - chicken breast, half pouch of uncle beans ready rice (brown and wild) about a full cup, 1/2 can of green beans.

Meal four - chicken breast, half pouch of uncle beans ready rice (brown and wild) about a full cup

pre workout - one scoop of ON whey, 1/2 can of sugar free monster, or banana if i have one

intraworkout - 4 scoops of xtend with 1 scoop of powder gatoraide

post workout - two scoops of ON whey, 30g of glucose

Meal 5 - Chicken, pickles, and what ever else i find around the house...

possible meal 6 - skim milk or 4% cottage cheese.

I am having trouble with meal #5. also I am 5' 11' 203lbs. Am I eating enough calories? I am thinking of adding some natural PB someplace in there for more fat and calories.

DCx
05-21-2009, 04:04 PM
how do the macros look in that meal plan for a cut?

DCx
06-01-2009, 07:18 AM
still wondering if those macros are off or if there are too many carbs in there for a decent cut

Ruz4life
06-01-2009, 08:39 AM
Hey man, to me personally cutting is no fun because you often times have to limit your self from eating as much food as you are used to while you are bulking. I feel that you could replace those glucose tablets with some other kind of real food carbohydrate source and may be a little bit more mentally satisfying. If you are happy with the amount of real food you are eating then disregard what I just said but it was a thought.

Simmo0508
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I use eggs + white rice or regular potatoes + spinach.

lee__d
06-01-2009, 09:08 AM
im on the AD, so i eat 2 eggs+bacon+cheese