PDA

View Full Version : Ignore the food?

KrazeeEyezKilla
05-18-2009, 09:38 PM
I've never had a problem with going to the gym and working out. In fact, I look forward to that. The difficulties arise when I see or smell a really good tasting/smelling food. I can barely ever ignore it and, in the end, that keeps me from losing any fat and since I keep adding muscle, I have the body of a retired football player... Which is NOT attractive.

Anybody have any tips on how to ignore the sweets?

M@XLOL
05-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I've never had a problem with going to the gym and working out. In fact, I look forward to that. The difficulties arise when I see or smell a really good tasting/smelling food. I can barely ever ignore it and, in the end, that keeps me from losing any fat and since I keep adding muscle, I have the body of a retired football player... Which is NOT attractive.

Stats: 5'8", 149 lbs

mind over matter.

QuirkySarah89
05-18-2009, 09:44 PM
I have the same problem... I love sweets especially chocolate! Working out is not a problem and in fact I sometimes use it as an excuse... "I work out so I should be able to eat this without getting 'fat'". Although weight gain isn't really my issue I have been looking at it from a health perspective and trying to eat better. I realized fruit is a major help. It gives you something sweet to snack on without being so many empty cals. At least it's good for your body right? Let me know if you learn of a better solution!

SanDantos
05-18-2009, 09:53 PM
I usually get my fix with chocolate whey and artificial sweetener. Or mix some with some PB and make a brownie. If I crave pizza, I make a healthier version. There's pretty decent recipes on here, for a mock-version of almost anything. Cookies, Cakes, etc.

I don't ever eat the junk I see at places (mind you, banana splits at dq on sunday is my official cheat) , but when I'm home I can make a pretty satisfying version of it. For probly half the calories too.

Jill75
05-18-2009, 10:22 PM
I usually get my fix with chocolate whey and artificial sweetener. Or mix some with some PB and make a brownie. If I crave pizza, I make a healthier version. There's pretty decent recipes on here, for a mock-version of almost anything. Cookies, Cakes, etc.

I don't ever eat the junk I see at places (mind you, banana splits at dq on sunday is my official cheat) , but when I'm home I can make a pretty satisfying version of it. For probly half the calories too.

Good choices. I also take control and eat artificial sweetened foods to satisfy my cravings or eat fruit in replacement.

http://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_body.jpg

Ironlife
05-19-2009, 06:04 AM
Just try and stay in control, by telling yourself this:

''Why waste space in my stomach with junk that wont make me grow, when i can fill the space with good healthier foods that will make me grow'' i quoted this because i didnt come up with it, i heard it from someone..

heatlill
05-19-2009, 07:47 AM
Even eating healthy I sometimes have issues not eating that extra handful of nuts or that extra scoop of cottage cheese.

The key for me is to focus on the fact that the satiation that the food will provide is very temporary. And it is very easy for me to outlast the craving.

I also agree with the chocolate whey shake before bed, it helps me stay honest as well.

daYDreAmErX
05-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Everything in moderation has its place in a diet.

selffirst
05-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Always have healthy snack options at reach....when hunger hits partake...after the snack is eaten tell yourself......I'm satisfied....Self

Power_11
05-20-2009, 06:11 AM
I think most of us are tuned to see food as something for enjoyment. I once read this from a pro athlete talking about diet and how he keeps clean and he basically said "most people out there see food as something for pleasure whereas I have use it for fuel" and its like, the logic at the time made sense to me but it still seemed weird because that wasn't my idea of things.

Thinngs have changed since then. That doesn't mean people with this sort of attitude don't sometimes feel like sweets just because they don't really provide much nutritional value. Its just more often than not, as Ironlife said, I'll think ''Why waste space in my stomach with junk that wont make me grow, when I can fill the space with good healthier foods that will make me grow''

After you eat clean for a while, they cravings come far less often and you will feel a little sick if you indulge how you used to. True story. Your body just wont need or even handle as much sugar as it does now.

Idgaf
05-22-2009, 03:16 PM
"most people out there see food as something for pleasure whereas I have use it for fuel"

That's a good way to look at it. Almost like putting Orange Juice in a motor as a gasoline substitute. That's basically what your doing when you eat crap. For all you motorheads out there. :P

-Lucifer
05-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Just try and stay in control, by telling yourself this:

''Why waste space in my stomach with junk that wont make me grow, when i can fill the space with good healthier foods that will make me grow'' i quoted this because i didnt come up with it, i heard it from someone..
^^^ Very nice, I like this.

I have the same problem but now I'm some how controlling my urges. Looking at Arnold's picture everyday helps.

Gemini80
05-22-2009, 09:24 PM
If I sip on a cup of unsweet green iced tea, from starbucks, with a little splenda in it..it helps with my sweet tooth. Unless, my husband decides to order himself a caramel frappe'... I can't help but to want half of it. Bastard.
Also, just 2/3 squares of Godiva dark chocolate satisfies my cravings much better than any other sweet junk I come across...and I'll eat way less of it. Im going to follow this thread, im looking forward to reading what others do, as I do get a sweet craving I just can't shake at times...

-Lucifer
05-23-2009, 06:17 AM
If I sip on a cup of unsweet green iced tea, from starbucks, with a little splenda in it..it helps with my sweet tooth. Unless, my husband decides to order himself a caramel frappe'... I can't help but to want half of it. Bastard.
Also, just 2/3 squares of Godiva dark chocolate satisfies my cravings much better than any other sweet junk I come across...and I'll eat way less of it. Im going to follow this thread, im looking forward to reading what others do, as I do get a sweet craving I just can't shake at times...
If I feel like eating something sweet, fruit yogurt does the trick for me. Tastes good and it's got teh proteinz.

You're pretty btw. :)

darksoulzero
05-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Hmm, well I'll cheat too , but Ill have a milkshake or something. But, since I'm losing like 6 lbs a week, i'm kinda worried about the weight fluctuations. Also, what kind of cheating is ok? After a day of just full on weight loss cardio and weight lifting, and if I worked really hard that day, i may have a milkshake. Is that an okay cheat?

Senecan
05-24-2009, 02:52 AM
Think of it this way...If you eat that cupcake, then you will get 2 minutes of satisfaction...But if you don't then you will enjoy years of a good body and good health.

MRob1
02-26-2010, 04:58 PM
nothing tastes as good as skinny feels