Red Wings vs. Blackhawks

Blackhawks wins in 7.

Stanley Cup predictions:

Blackhawks vs. Hurricanes

Blackhawks wins in 7.

CarlLandry
05-16-2009, 08:09 AM
Penguins vs. Hurricanes summary

Cam Ward by far and away the best goaltender in the nhl. Hurricanes offense is good, for a young, talented, strong team, the've already won the cup before, in a way they are more experienced, wiser then the Penguins. Great team chemistry as compared to the Penguins which is suspect at times. Marc-Andre Fleury a very average goalie who is not very clutch. Penguins offense, decent at best, specially if they face a goalie like Ward. I really expect the Penguins offense to be almost non existent in this series. Rod Brind dAmour to manhandle everybody and Staal and Cole to have a great series.

Summary: When teams face the Hurricanes, they simply don't know what hit them.

Prediction: Hurricanes sweep Penguins 4-0.

Blackhawks vs. Red Wings summary

Blackhawks by far the most exciting team in the nhl. they are young, talented, explosive, can score goals in bunches, and now they've matured (for past 1-2 years), and they came back many times already from behind in the playoffs, a sign of how great a team is. They are ready. Toews / Sharp / Kane / Havlat etc.. just way too much explosive offensive players for a goalie Osgood who yes have won a few cups, but is not a great goaltender. Certain teams in the nhl are loaded with offense like the Hawks, but none are loaded with Offensive players who can score + make plays. Hawks know how to score and know how and when to pass. thats why the Hawks are now the king of tic-tac-toes imo. Here is the dark horse and difference maker: the emergence of Dustin Byfuglien, defensive foward for the Blawkhawks. He is the reason why Khabibulin looks somewhat decent. Khabibulin is at best a good goalie. I expect Khabibulin to let in quite a few goals.. but he has enough experience (won cup few years ago), and be clutch just enough to beat the Red Wings. Yes the Red wings are good themselves on offense and they also will score quite a few goals... and win 3 games actually, but this will be another one of those years where they go far in the playoffs before losing to someone. They just happen to meet a better team this year, won't be hungry and tough enough like Blackhawks.

Predictions: Blackhawks over Red Wings in 7.

Stanley Cup finals summary:

One name again: Cam Ward.

However that name can only carry a team so far. The Hawks are just too great on offense.. so Ward would have needed his team to score some goals. Eric Staal best all around player in the nhl. But to beat the Hawks, you have to outscore them.. this simply is not going to happen, not with Dustin Byfuglien playing defense. Expect that Blackhawks to step up their defense big time, Khabibulin to surprise people and show his form again when he won the cup with the Lightning. Expect close low scoring series.

2009 Stanley Cup champions: Blackhawks over Hurricanes in 7.

Kovalchuk
05-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Pens in 5

Wings in 6

Cup Final: Wings in 6

CarlLandry
05-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Pens in 5

Wings in 6

Cup Final: Wings in 6

that would be a repeat of last year's boring azz finals.

and also.. what makes you think those 2 will be the ones going to the cup?

Pern
05-16-2009, 10:04 AM
that would be a repeat of last year's boring azz finals.

and also.. what makes you think those 2 will be the ones going to the cup?

The Finals that broke ratings records? That one?

CarlLandry
05-16-2009, 10:23 AM
The Finals that broke ratings records? That one?

YES! you mean the one that broke finals record for game 1 and 2.. and then died off into oblivion beause ppl discovered crosby aint no next one and Pens cant score when they face elite teams? YES! that one!

Pern
05-16-2009, 10:27 AM
YES! you mean the one that broke finals record for game 1 and 2.. and then died off into oblivion beause ppl discovered crosby aint no next one and Pens cant score when they face elite teams? YES! that one!

Died off and came back you mean....Games 5 and 6 were the ones that broke the records Carlton.

But it's now obvious you just made this thread to hate on the Pens. Losing in 4. Hyping up Carolina like they are the New England Patriots. You a Capital or Flyer?

JIGSAW
05-16-2009, 10:31 AM
I predict

no Canadian teams in the playoffs............LOL

CarlLandry
05-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Died off and came back you mean....Games 5 and 6 were the ones that broke the records Carlton.

But it's now obvious you just made this thread to hate on the Pens. Losing in 4. Hyping up Carolina like they are the New England Patriots. You a Capital or Flyer?

okay we will see if im right.

Pens cannot play hockey, they just can't. i know and like Malkin, but sidney can't. and i have no reason to hate Pens. I can't wait to neg you again when Pens lose in 4, then we will see who knows hockey. You really think the Pens lame offense can score on Cam Ward? Pens just dont have it. a disorganized team like the capitals... your supposed be able to finish them in 5 or 6.

CarlLandry
05-16-2009, 10:43 AM

infact this is what i said about game 7 thread penguins vs. capitals:

'For sure Penguins will win'.

plus if any team i dont like, its the red wings.. but i give credit where credit is due.

Cuz Ripped
05-16-2009, 12:28 PM
canes vs. pens

canes take it in 6. they have the better goal tending and are much tougher than the caps. Sid the Kid will definitely impress but the canes will beat him up and not allow him to be quite as productive as he has been so far. Eric Staal is imo tied with Crosby as the best all around player in the NHL right now.

wings vs. hawks

wings take this one in 6. I really hope I'm wrong on this one because I friggin hate the red wings and the hawks are so exciting to watch. That being said the detroit red wings are just too stacked for this hawks team. We haven't even seen the best of the wings yet in the playoffs. Once Pavel Datsyuk gets going and Marion Hossa starts excelling in the fast pace hockey that this series will entail i think its game over for the hawks.

Hopefully I'm wrong about Detroit. I would love nothing better than a canes/pens vs. hawks finals :)

thegenerel
05-16-2009, 12:40 PM

Pens cannot play hockey, they just can't. i know and like Malkin, but sidney can't. and i have no reason to hate Pens. I can't wait to neg you again when Pens lose in 4, then we will see who knows hockey. You really think the Pens lame offense can score on Cam Ward? Pens just dont have it. a disorganized team like the capitals... your supposed be able to finish them in 5 or 6.

you know and like malkin?

above you said sid disappeared in the SCF last year...do you know what you are talking about?

why didnt you mention how malkin fell off the face of the earth?

TheBurgh
05-16-2009, 03:06 PM

You obviously dont know hockey...

Pens in 6
Wings in 5

Pens in 7

DRob27
05-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Penguins vs. Hurricanes summary

Cam Ward by far and away the best goaltender in the nhl. Hurricanes offense is good, for a young, talented, strong team, the've already won the cup before, in a way they are more experienced, wiser then the Penguins. Great team chemistry as compared to the Penguins which is suspect at times. Marc-Andre Fleury a very average goalie who is not very clutch. Penguins offense, decent at best, specially if they face a goalie like Ward. I really expect the Penguins offense to be almost non existent in this series. Rod Brind dAmour to manhandle everybody and Staal and Cole to have a great series.

Summary: When teams face the Hurricanes, they simply don't know what hit them.

Prediction: Hurricanes sweep Penguins 4-0.

Way too much stupid **** to refute, but I just thought i'd point out how stupid that was lol. Their chemistry is incredible, and always has been. The kids have been together for a couple of years now and you can tell there's great chemistry in the locker room, especially with guerin and kunitz added leadership.

And Fleury's clutchness(word?) is what I love most about him lol. You can't say that breakaway save against Ovechkin wasn't amazing. He lets in softies a lot, but you can never deny that he is clutch lol.

Pens in 6
Hawks in 7

Pens in 6

yes homer

Pern
05-17-2009, 01:32 PM
MY predictions came true.. just like I said.. Blackhawks dominating. will win cup. Dustin destroying Wings. Hawks offense all over Wings.. it will just be a matter of time before the Hawks will score again.

fixed

C-Squared
05-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Wings win the Cup... again. Hopefully against the Penguins because that would be the beiggest draw for the NHL and the more entertaining matchup for me.