PDA

View Full Version : creatine?

jesse632993
05-12-2009, 06:48 PM
i just got some creatine and i was wondering what is the best beverage to take it with? i heard grape juice but i wanna get more opinions

Tarfu77
05-12-2009, 06:53 PM
i just got some creatine and i was wondering what is the best beverage to take it with? i heard grape juice but i wanna get more opinions

Grape juice will be fine.I like to mix my creatine mono with a protein shake after my workout.

FloridaGator
05-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Grape juice will be fine.I like to mix my creatine mono with a protein shake after my workout.

I was under the impression that it wasn't good to take creatine with the protein ... that there needed to be a little bit of a separation between the two.

Before anyone slams me ... I self-admit to be a total idiot when it comes to this stuff ... just want to learn.

jesse632993
05-12-2009, 06:55 PM
thanks man so if i take protein also, should i just mix it with it too

Everybody_Poops
05-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Milk... it adds carbs, fat, and protein to your creatine.

UFCFAN18
05-12-2009, 07:11 PM
I was under the impression that it wasn't good to take creatine with the protein ... that there needed to be a little bit of a separation between the two.

Before anyone slams me ... I self-admit to be a total idiot when it comes to this stuff ... just want to learn.

Is there any truth to this?? I have been mixing my creatine and protein post workout.

Death Head
05-12-2009, 07:11 PM
i use to just use water or grape juice

FloridaGator
05-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Is there any truth to this?? I have been mixing my creatine and protein post workout.

I am probably wrong ... I thought I read that here once.

PaintPir
05-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I mix my creatine with my protein shake post workout, there is no need to seperate the two.

If you want to take it with any other liquid than thats fine.

FloridaGator
05-14-2009, 04:14 PM
I think what I remember reading was to be careful and avoid taking creatine with certain types of sugars (fructose I think). Post workout it is good to take a high GI type of carb and many of those contain the type of sugar that should be avoided when consuming creatine. Is this correct?

Also ... has anyone successfully figured out a way to make creatine dissolve?