PDA

View Full Version : PWO Nutrition for Extended Duration PWO Cardio

longwalk
05-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Hi, I'm currently training for a half-marathon, and my schedule calls for 40 minute runs on my weight lifting days. I always do weights first (because lifting is still more important to me), but this raises an issue for doing 40 min of cardio PWO - is that too long to have a shake AFTER doing all of the cardio?

Would I be better off finishing weights, drinking half a PWO shake, waiting 15 minutes, running, and having the other half of the shake?

Or, is it broscience that waiting an additional 40 minutes to have my shake will make a difference in body composition?

note: currently cutting, if this makes a difference.

psaljoug
05-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Im training for a marathon right now. What I have found to be the best is to run first, and then drink your shake while you lift.

If you really need to lift first tho, waiting till after you run is not a big deal. Just make sure you have eaten well pre workout. Its not like your muscles will become completely unrepairable because you waited 40 minutes. Realistically, it probably makes almost no difference as to how you recover from the workout.

longwalk
05-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Im training for a marathon right now. What I have found to be the best is to run first, and then drink your shake while you lift.

If you really need to lift first tho, waiting till after you run is not a big deal. Just make sure you have eaten well pre workout. Its not like your muscles will become completely unrepairable because you waited 40 minutes. Realistically, it probably makes almost no difference as to how you recover from the workout.

thanks for the input.. i think i just want to hear that waiting 40 min won't mean i'm sacrificing anything (major). i was doing the running before weights, and drinking a shake before/after weights (this made the most sense to me), but on leg days, i was really limited by how hard I tried earlier.

i guess the only answer for THAT is picking a priority?