PDA

View Full Version : mcdonalds fish??

drbigknuckles
05-07-2009, 10:02 PM
after lifting during the week i stop at mcdonalds and get 2 fish sandwitch with not tarter was wondering if anyone else dose the same thing it says on the box there is 380 cals in the fish so i figure no tarter the would be about 300cals or so??

ModuLock
05-07-2009, 11:09 PM
If your not too concerned with BF then it shouldn't be a prob.
If you're going to eat it anyway, post training is perfect. Nice big calorie hit

Simmo0508
05-08-2009, 12:22 AM
They use crap fish, but there's much worse things you could be eating at Maccas anyway. Once in a while won't hurt too much.

snorkelman
05-08-2009, 01:26 AM
here's the breakdown w/o tartar

http://www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/food/mcdonalds/filet-o-fish-without-tartar-sauce

V_therussian
05-08-2009, 03:20 AM
after lifting during the week i stop at mcdonalds and get 2 fish sandwitch with not tarter was wondering if anyone else dose the same thing it says on the box there is 380 cals in the fish so i figure no tarter the would be about 300cals or so??

I'm just newB, but I think this is only acceptable as a cheat mean, maybe like once a month. And even then, bro, you're eating like the worst fish!

When I crave fish during the day, I usually go for some Salmon Teriyaki (I ask for sauces on the side, as I don't eat any sauces at all, but that's more just a personal choice). The place I go to near my gym has a $6.95 Salmon Teriyaki lunch special, so that's probably not that much more (if not less) than the two McD's fish sandwiches you eat.

Plus, dude, just consider the kind of fish they probably use at McD's... I shudder to think...

Take it or leave it - its just my $0.02