PDA

View Full Version : I NEED a diet plan for working out twice a day

mcool
05-07-2009, 01:54 PM
well, i have been doing bodybuilding for about one to two years now was thinking of switching up my workout plan and diet plan. I was thinking of working out twice a day like

In separate morning workouts,i would train a smaller bodypart:
calves (three times per week), trapezius (twice per week) or hamstrings
(once per week alone, in addition to leg day).

Later in the afternoon i would do my main workout.

i just need opinions and advice about constructing a diet plan that meets this. For example, does working out twice a day require two preworkout meals and two postworkout meals, with an insulin spike? when do i consume them? Do i consume the preworkout meals an hour before each workout?

note: reps will be given for best advice... =)

p.s i am BULKING at the moment.

RandyJH
05-07-2009, 02:05 PM
well, i have been doing bodybuilding for about one to two years now was thinking of switching up my workout plan and diet plan. I was thinking of working out twice a day like

In separate morning workouts,i would train a smaller bodypart:
calves (three times per week), trapezius (twice per week) or hamstrings
(once per week alone, in addition to leg day).

Later in the afternoon i would do my main workout.

i just need opinions and advice about constructing a diet plan that meets this. For example, does working out twice a day require two preworkout meals and two postworkout meals, with an insulin spike? when do i consume them? Do i consume the preworkout meals an hour before each workout?

note: reps will be given for best advice... =)

p.s i am BULKING at the moment.

There is no need for you to train twice a day. Don't get mad at me for giving you the right advice.

Apollo.1
05-07-2009, 02:36 PM
Let me guess, did you get this routine from a magazine like Flex? You have to remember that those two a day workouts are designed for professional body builders that workout for a career AND take steroids.

You'll just be wasting your time.

Go check out one of Mike Mentzer's books. I don't agree with everything he says, but I do agree with his take on allowing your body to rest and recover after a workout, and that you simply can't workout like Mr. O and expect results unless you are genetically blessed like them, you do it for a living, and you take steroids.

daltrey
05-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Jay Cutler says he only works one body part a week in his From Jay to Z video. Seems logical to me, you spend an hour or so hitting one or two muscle groups a day as hard as you can. I would like to hear if anyone here believes in working out twice a day or not. I personally wouldn't recommend it. I would think it would only lead to injury sooner or later. You only want to stimulate the muscle and then give it ample time for rest to grow.