PDA

View Full Version : Go Meat

indomitablewill
05-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Hi All

I am a newbie.I was going through these forums, and I found them very informative.

OK.Here is my story.I was a vegetarian all my life.Iam 25 now.But,I have made set my mind to go for meat.I would start off with Fish and Chicken.Do you have any suggestions of what to start out with, any simple dishes to make the transition less dramatic? I know this sounds as insane to some especially for whom eating meat has begun from childhood.

I am 6 ft,I just going through some stressful periods of life,Put on 57 pounds in a year.Feeling depressed.But,I want to get over it and do this the right way.

Hopefully,I can get some proper advice.I will stay on the forums and read on.But, it thought I can get some specific advice/simple recipes to make it smooth.

Dr. Horse
05-03-2009, 02:06 PM
A good way to transition might be to add small amounts of lean meat into your current diet. For instance, a chicken salad might work well. Buy boneless skinless chicken breast. Brush it with a little olive oil then season it with salt and pepper. Cook it on a grill (outdoor or indoor, i.e. george foreman) or just straight in a pan over med eat. Cut it up and put in on a salad like you would normally eat. Cook fish the same way, and eat it with a side of vegetables and rice.

SoyaWarrior
05-03-2009, 02:44 PM
You dont need to eat meat to bodybuild dude. But if there are other reasons you want to eat meat then thats fine.

indomitablewill
05-04-2009, 05:50 AM
A good way to transition might be to add small amounts of lean meat into your current diet. For instance, a chicken salad might work well. Buy boneless skinless chicken breast. Brush it with a little olive oil then season it with salt and pepper. Cook it on a grill (outdoor or indoor, i.e. [b]george foreman[b]) or just straight in a pan over med eat. Cut it up and put in on a salad like you would normally eat. Cook fish the same way, and eat it with a side of vegetables and rice.

So,everybody who says they eat chicken over here in the forum more or less uses the grill.Is there any other way of eating a chicken breast? Do you suggest any reading material or Youtube Vids to get a jumpstart into healthy cooking.

You dont need to eat meat to bodybuild dude. But if there are other reasons you want to eat meat then thats fine.

I know where you are coming from.But,I guess different bodies react in a different way.Mine did not put that much of a muscle, though I tried really hard.

Dr. Horse
05-04-2009, 08:10 AM
Is there any other way of eating a chicken breast?

If by "eating" you mean "cooking"... of course. You can cut it up raw, then stir fry it in a hot pan with a little oil. You can boil it. You can bake it. You can deep fry it. Many other ways.

Negativecreep0
05-04-2009, 08:20 AM
may I ask why you were a vegetarian for most of your life? just curious? was it a parental influence?