PDA

View Full Version : foods causing elevated cortisol?

Ted Nugent
05-01-2009, 07:26 AM
so i periodically go over to the dark side (t-nation lol) for a bit of reading articles and browsing. i came acrosss an article about "food allergies/sensitivity?" or something like that. basically it said that there are some foods that your body isnt "adapted" too and basically they cause some GI stress and increase cortisol levels among other things. the article stated that a bunch of BB'ers had blood work done and like %70 had a sensitivity/allergy to oats and as a result they had increased cortisol. has anyone heard of something like this? dont flame me for bro-science and being uber scared of cortisol, just thought it was an interesting article.

(searching for article link now)

willldabeast
05-01-2009, 07:57 AM
not sure which foods could cause it but I have heard that Turmeric can reduce cortisol

in10city
05-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Doesn't eating practically anything elevate cortisol? Mind you elevating and being of significance are another matter.

Ted Nugent
05-01-2009, 08:45 AM
Doesn't eating practically anything elevate cortisol? Mind you elevating and being of significance are another matter.

i really have no idea about foods affect on cortisol etc :confused: the article was saying that something about the body bot being able to properly digest/tolerate the foods caused a sharp increase in cortisol..

titdoctor
05-01-2009, 09:50 AM
I have read processed grains increase cortisol and estrogen levels.