PDA

View Full Version : Post-Workout food mentality

sav25
05-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Hi All,

Does anyone else here, once back from the gym (for me thats like 8pm), feel like they need to eat loads to feed the hungry aching muscles?

I feast out after a workout and im not sure if thats a good or a bad thing?

Its all mostly good food, just lots of it!

lee__d
05-01-2009, 06:32 AM
as long as ur calories fit your .goals it really hsouldnt matter.

i mean, im cutting and i usually eat around 300 calories after work out, i get all the calories i need for the entire day.

if ur asking a psychological question: "do u feel u need to eat more to feed ur muscles" then no i don't i just eat what i have laid out for the day.

Ted Nugent
05-01-2009, 07:20 AM
i save most/all of my calories for postworkout. my appetite is way more intense and i also have that mentality of "feeding the muscles" i know the "anabolic window" and all that is way overhyped and all that jazz...but it just feels good thrashing the gym then going home and eatin' like a man. lol

double gonad
05-01-2009, 07:44 AM
i save most/all of my calories for postworkout.

x2 here. It's awesome feasting on 2500 calories after a good workout.

Ted Nugent
05-01-2009, 07:46 AM

well i split that amount into meals over a 4-8 hour timespan. still feels good man ;) lol

Forumite
05-01-2009, 07:52 AM

Ok.... I can eat with the best of them but how in the hell can you eat that many calories of decent/clean food in a single meal?

I mean, I wunna know because I wunna try it lol.

Ted Nugent
05-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Ok.... I can eat with the best of them but how in the hell can you eat that many calories of decent/clean food in a single meal?

I mean, I wunna know because I wunna try it lol.

a box of pasta + sauce, a ton of chicken, some milk, etc. all "clean" foods and it can easily reach 2000-2500 cals. i can easily pull off a meal that big, i just dont prefer, like to space it out more...but do whateva ya like!

Seijuro
05-01-2009, 07:56 AM
I also feel the need to eat big after a workout but I'm cutting so I need to watch how much I eat. It is easy for me to go over my calorie count for my post workout meal because I'm at home and there are lots of food around. When I'm at work I usually just eat whatever I made the other night and thats it. It's easier to limit myself at work but when I'm at home I tend to go over alittle so I have to watch it.

tsaiwins
05-01-2009, 09:16 AM
just lower your carb meals throughout the day so you can make sure to get adequate (high) amounts of carbs pre and post workout. doesnt matter how late it is. just fit it into your macros by lowering your carbs throughout the day that isnt around your lifting time.

THE_TRUTH86
05-01-2009, 10:54 AM
im guilty of that but since i workout in the mornning all i have is a Whey/Waximaize shake in the morning Preworkout then postworkout i have whey and rice cakes then im ready to indulge into my breakfast
Buffalo Omeltte with Swiss Cheese, jalapenos, bell peppers, zucchini, sweet potato and an 8 oz sweet potato baked with PB or almond butter and Cocoa extract topped with SF maple syrup

from 168 to 191