PDA

View Full Version : Baskin Robbins 31 Cent Scoop Night

seattlems333
04-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Last week I brought you Ben and Jerry's Free Cone Day, and today I bring you Baskin Robbins' 31 Cent Scoop Night. Not as good as free ice cream, but 31 cents per scoop of ice cream is a good deal, too.

From 5 to 10 pm, go to Baskin Robbins for ice cream at 31 cents per scoop.

Link: http://www.baskinrobbins.com/Spotlight/31CentScoopNight.asp

Enjoy!

ricka182
04-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Not trying to be a buzzkill......but Baskins is one of the worst food companies to eat. They overload everything with all sorts of crap...I read their ultimate PB and Chocolate smoothie has ovr 3K calories!!

It's deals like this, and all the huge portions at casual restaurants that created such a fat america. Maybe if everything wasn't so damn conveinent, this country wouldn't be full of fatties..

Not directed at anyone here, as most people here are in pretty good shape obviously, or at least trying to be there...

SupahStarr
04-29-2009, 11:44 AM
You sure do like your ice cream.

Chazk
04-29-2009, 11:46 AM
Not trying to be a buzzkill......but Baskins is one of the worst food companies to eat. They overload everything with all sorts of crap...I read their ultimate PB and Chocolate smoothie has ovr 3K calories!!

It's deals like this, and all the huge portions at casual restaurants that created such a fat america. Maybe if everything wasn't so damn conveinent, this country wouldn't be full of fatties..

Not directed at anyone here, as most people here are in pretty good shape obviously, or at least trying to be there...

brah, were talkin bout 31 cents a scoop here....

Julzdanceruns
04-29-2009, 11:59 AM
They do have ff, sf versions that taste really good and are only 90 cals a scoop, with 4 grams of protein.

Far from fattening!

Even there frozen yogurt is still like 120 cals and 6 grams of protein. But most icecream places overload you on the scoops, so I just multiply the "calorie count" times two... still, not a bad treat at all.

I know where I'm headed tonight :)

hooked4life
04-29-2009, 12:00 PM
you could eat a 31 cent scoop everyday for the rest of your life (assuming no abnormal medical conditions) and be perfectly fine (and cut).

tabasco.sauce
04-29-2009, 12:06 PM
1 hard scoup = 2.5oz = 190 cals fyi.. 22g carb, 10g fat, 3g protein

softserve is lower..

IEatPowerRacks
04-29-2009, 12:07 PM
you could eat a 31 cent scoop everyday for the rest of your life (assuming no abnormal medical conditions) and be perfectly fine (and cut).

He's right. Plus they're delicious as ****.

Dr. Horse
04-29-2009, 12:10 PM

You mean to tell me that ice cream is loaded with sugar and fat??

GET OUT!!!!!

ricka182
04-29-2009, 12:19 PM
brah, were talkin bout 31 cents a scoop here....

1 hard scoup = 2.5oz = 190 cals fyi.. 22g carb, 10g fat, 3g protein

softserve is lower..

Exactly the concern...it's so cheap, and so bad for you. Not to mention the toppings. Someone will walk up, and get a 3-4 scoop special for $1..hey, what a deal! Only $1 for 30g fat, and a few minutes of yummy...

Don't get me wrong..maybe it's because I'm a former fatty. Okay, so still working on losing all the flab. It's a long road, and I'm so damn determined to get it done and look respectable I refuse to give in to even some of the tastiest temptations....

hooked4life
04-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Exactly the concern...it's so cheap, and so bad for you. Not to mention the toppings. Someone will walk up, and get a 3-4 scoop special for $1..hey, what a deal! Only $1 for 30g fat, and a few minutes of yummy...

Don't get me wrong..maybe it's because I'm a former fatty. Okay, so still working on losing all the flab. It's a long road, and I'm so damn determined to get it done and look respectable I refuse to give in to even some of the tastiest temptations....

well, it may or may not be the thing for someone. this is, of course, contingent on personal taste.

that is in no way a critique of it's inherent 'badness.' former fatty or not.

seattlems333
04-29-2009, 03:21 PM
You sure do like your ice cream.

Yeah, I love ice cream. Throw in a discount/freebie, and I'm there. You gotta love how Facebook events are able to spread the word for stuff like this :)

ricka182
04-29-2009, 05:33 PM
well, it may or may not be the thing for someone. this is, of course, contingent on personal taste.

that is in no way a critique of it's inherent 'badness.' former fatty or not.

Good point.. Touch? Part of me makes me admit it's jealously that I can't enjoy that deal. No BR near me, and the whole commitment thing. I'll break easy if I give in....someday I'll partake in these treats again. But at 32 y/o, I can't really keep saying I'll do it next year when talking about getting back into shape...the battle is on.

have a scoop, or two for me

shugabe
04-29-2009, 05:42 PM
i got the rainbow sherbet which is yummy and only 100 calories for a junior scoop