PDA

View Full Version : Going to China, What should i eat????

DuctTape
04-28-2009, 07:26 PM
So ill be leaving in May for China. Im going for only one week, but while im there what should i try to eat so as to not gain any extra body fat and try to preserve my muscle during the exercise downtime?

I don't think my hotel has a gym, so while im there ill be doing quite a few situps and pushups!

Focusfire777
04-28-2009, 07:32 PM
So ill be leaving in May for China. Im going for only one week, but while im there what should i try to eat so as to not gain any extra body fat and try to preserve my muscle during the exercise downtime?

I don't think my hotel has a gym, so while im there ill be doing quite a few situps and pushups!

What region are you going to as each has its own unique style of food. Generally speaking though, Chinese food is pretty oily so eating "clean" foods is going to be hard. It's only a week though so just eat lots of meat and work the fat off when you leave.

Ted Nugent
04-28-2009, 07:35 PM
bro enjoy your dam vacation and dont worry about "eating clean" and all that nonsense. you dont have to stuff yourself and pig out, just eat what you want and take advantage of unique and interesting foods you may not have a chance to eat again. dont waste an international experience by eating brown rice and veggies.

DuctTape
04-28-2009, 07:35 PM
sorry, ill be in Beijing China visiting Tsinghua university

RandyJH
04-28-2009, 07:36 PM
bro enjoy your dam vacation and dont worry about "eating clean" and all that nonsense. you dont have to stuff yourself and pig out, just eat what you want and take advantage of unique and interesting foods you may not have a chance to eat again. dont waste an international experience by eating brown rice and veggies.

This.

I mean honestly man, thats not not healthy thinking.

Focusfire777
04-28-2009, 07:59 PM
sorry, ill be in Beijing China visiting Tsinghua university

If I were you, I'd go absolutely nuts on the Peking Duck over there. It's IMO one of the best tasting things on this earth you will ever taste. Saturated fat? Who cares! :) Going overseas isn't an everyday thing for most people so just enjoy it man.

Blahplunger
04-28-2009, 08:07 PM
I hear the live octopus is good.

robinsteal
04-28-2009, 08:16 PM
like everyone is saying enjoy yourself. once in a liftime opportunity. also if you feel like you need a more healthier meal there is always sushi. i might have had a blonde moment saying that. japanese?

Yoda200sx
04-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Char Siew (BBQ Pork)
Violin Duck
Roast Duck
Dim Sum!! (my favourites are pronouced: har-gao and tsu-mai)

04-28-2009, 08:30 PM
你学习汉语?

Beijing will have a ton of food. Seafood is a good choice if you like that. Anyways, I wouldn't worry too much about not lifting. It is good to take a week or so off every now and then. None the less, have fun and don't fret over not lifting or the food selection.

Bakers Man
04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Chinese food is actually healthy food. It's the imposter crap they have over here that is bad......ie America doesn't have real Chinese food.

zhouaznbrass
04-28-2009, 08:34 PM
definitely seafood...i would go for any of the fresh fish they have
roast duck is a must
beijing is famous for its dumpling houses too...extremely cheap
try some of the side dishes like chicken feet and jelly fish if u've never had them
delicacies: sea cucumber, turtle soup, abalone
one of my favorite foods is actually pig intestine (dont hate) its delicious. there are too many foods in china for me to even start with but i've given u a few...have fun and enjoy!

u can have an amazing dinner for under 8 or 9 dollars if u find the right restaurants.

bida_talaga_ako
04-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Chinese food is actually healthy food. It's the imposter crap they have over here that is bad......ie America doesn't have real Chinese food.

yea dude most real Chinese food are pretty healthy

so enjoy yourself

Blindead
04-28-2009, 09:48 PM
You eat food. WTF do you think they eat over there? We're the country with the highest obesity rates in the world and you're worried about getting fat from LEAVING?

zhouaznbrass
04-28-2009, 09:50 PM

yup. most chinese food is very healthy and not greasy at all...unlike 95% of the "chinese" restaurants here in the US

hooked4life
04-28-2009, 09:59 PM
你学习汉语?

I guess not :P

But yeah, OP - I've spend maybe a year at PKU (other one across the street) .... just have fun. You very well make get sick too :).

Go to WuDaoKou too, down the rode - 10rmb taxi ride.

lots of good places to eat.

LatinoMusculito
04-28-2009, 10:00 PM
what should i try to eat

Dog-rat kitten pie.

DuctTape
04-28-2009, 10:10 PM
You eat food. WTF do you think they eat over there? We're the country with the highest obesity rates in the world and you're worried about getting fat from LEAVING?

good point!

hooked4life
04-28-2009, 10:20 PM
good point!

don't expect to eat high protein without extreme measures :P

Bramble
04-28-2009, 10:23 PM
dogs/cats