PDA

View Full Version : Can Your Body Reject Protein Drinks?

goleee33
04-28-2009, 01:20 AM
I have taken about 4 protien shakes (ON 100% Whey, Tropical Punch) Every time i have taken it, I wait about 30 minutes or so before my work out, and EVERY (except for one time i had to hold it in) time my body has rejected it and had to regurgitate it then i felt a million times better. Is this just the type of protein? Or is my body not capable of taking in whey protein so quickly? Im not sure why this is happening.

cmberman87
04-28-2009, 02:08 AM
Try eating a small meal 30 minutes to an hour-and-a-half before your workout and then having your protein shake (along with some carbs) after your workout.

If that doesn't work, it might be beneficial for you to know that whey allergies do exist--this might be the issue.

PopeGregorius
04-28-2009, 02:11 AM
You can get an allergic reaction too all sorts of things including protein, food additives, etc. If you feel nauseous, vomiting, runny nose, diffuculty breathing its an allergic reaction. Try a different product.

Chris_co
04-28-2009, 02:18 AM
It could even be the flavor. I know people who are allergic to red food dye, which I'd assume is in a tropical punch flavor.

Kingworgen
01-29-2017, 08:05 PM
Listen to your body!

Some peoples bodies just cannot accept protein powders, have tried all types and brands and flavors, every time I'm in pain as my body tries to get rid of it.

Best advice is listen to your body, if your in pain or feel uncomfortable that's your body saying NO, stop taking immediately.

Don't try and mix it up with anything else.

MikeK46
01-29-2017, 11:22 PM
every time I'm in pain as my body tries to get rid of it.

Best advice is listen to your body, if your in pain or feel uncomfortable that's your body saying NO, stop taking immediately.

Don't try and mix it up with anything else.

I agree that you need to listen to your body, but it's not your body "trying to get rid of" anything. You have an intolerance to something in the protein you've been buying. If you figured out what that was, you could buy protein without that ingredient and be perfectly fine.

SuffolkPunch
01-30-2017, 06:41 AM
I agree that you need to listen to your body, but it's not your body "trying to get rid of" anything. You have an intolerance to something in the protein you've been buying. If you figured out what that was, you could buy protein without that ingredient and be perfectly fine.
^ this

Hopefully, 8 years on, this issue is now resolved.