PDA

View Full Version : What should I take to gain muscle loose fat?

Iwannabehot
04-27-2009, 07:06 AM
I have been training for 2 weeks now using the routine below and eating clean, low fat, low carb, low cal 3 times a day.

Current routine,

Day 1

Rower 1000m
15 reps 3 sets
Flat bench 20kg
Pec fly
Lat pull down
Lat rows
20 min bike moderate resistance

Day 2
15 reps 3 sets
Rower 1000m
Shoulder press
Lat raises
Front raises
E-z bar curls
tricep push down

Day 3
8-10 reps 4-5 sets
Bike 10 mins
Squats 20kg
Lunges
Leg ext
Treadmill 10 mins 5kph

Day 4

1 hour CV

Day 5
8-10 reps 4-5 sets
dead lifts 10kg
Hamstring curls
Calf raises
Lower back ext
20 mins CV

I have lost an inch on the waist good (not great!) but I have also lost 0.5 inches on the hip where I was trying to gain!

Is/are there any supplements I should take to gain muscle mass on the legs while cutting away the fat?

I know that muscle takes up less space than fat so initially while I lose fat and gain muscle I may get smaller but is there anyway to gain faster?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Beast2Be
04-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time is nearly impossible, unless your using AAS

I'd focus on one or the other ;)

Psychonewb
04-27-2009, 07:17 AM
Losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time is nearly impossible, unless your using AAS

Agreed with this. Its a lot easier to loose fat, then do a lean bulk so that you can put on some good muscle w/o putting on a lot of fat. A good supp that would help with putting on muscle, while keeping fat off would be Anabolic Pump, or better yet the new Glycobol by Anabolic Innovations. Helps shuttle carbs better to muscles instead of fat storage.

-SDR-
04-27-2009, 07:25 AM

This certainly can be done naturally with a "clean bulk" type diet and the right supplements; nutrient partitions for example. Our product Supremacy has show time and time again this effect with its use, by manipulating multiple pathways (nutrient uptake just being one) within the body to optimize ones own hormonal profile for an environment that does support fat loss and muscle growth.

Beast2Be
04-27-2009, 07:36 AM
This certainly can be done naturally with a "clean bulk" type diet and the right supplements; nutrient partitions for example. Our product Supremacy has show time and time again this effect with its use, by manipulating multiple pathways (nutrient uptake just being one) within the body to optimize ones own hormonal profile for an environment that does support fat loss and muscle growth.

You had me until you started pimping :rolleyes:

XCriticalBenchX
04-27-2009, 08:23 AM
beast2be: I understand your concern about pimping, but the OP asked about products to help him. He didnt ask will product A work for me, and sdr came in with another product that can help him. The OP is open to suggestions so as a member of the forum, it is best to help out.

Nutrient partitioning IMO is responsible for the ability to build muscle and loose fat, but solely in moderation. Individuals with extensive training background and who know there bodies extremely well are very capable of actually being able to tell. Those who are new, and not as educated on there own specific body type have a much harder time seeings the results. In order to achieve those results without supplements, your diet has to literally be nailed 100% which is near impossible as you have to be taking in just enough calories to build muscle from the sources your bodies needs, without spilling over and causing fat gain or even offsetting the fat loss.

Therefore, any supplement that enhances nutrient partitioning will be of great help to a person looking tot achieve those results; but like I mentioned, it will only help and not do the work for them.

Supremecy is known and designed to partition nutrients and reduce catabolic hormones allowing for an anabolic state for longer periods of time and offsetting fat storage. So if your training with weights, and doing moderate cardio, you should be able to burn what your muscles do not store. Anabolic pump is effective at this as well. Other supplements out there can aid in the process like ALA, and K-Rala, especially since carbs are essential to building muscle but can be your own worst enemy when trying to loose fat depending on your body type.

For me personally, I had awesome results doing this a year ago when stacking Supremecy + Anabolic Pump. I am extremely carb sensitive so building muscle and burning fat is hard to do with my bodytype. It took a crap load of hard work I will not lie, but they def helped speed up the process.

Mike

Iwannabehot
04-27-2009, 02:08 PM

AAS?

zinghigh89
04-27-2009, 02:22 PM
USP labs anabolic pump and prime

THEHUGE
04-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Body Composition and Hormonal Adaptations Associated with Forskolin Consumption in Overweight and Obese Men
Godard MP, Johnson BA, Richmond SR.
University of Kansas, Department of Health, Sport and Exercise Sciences, Applied Physiology Laboratory, Lawrence, KS 66045, USA. mgodard@ku.edu

OBJECTIVE: This study examined the effect of forskolin on body composition, testosterone, metabolic rate, and blood pressure in overweight and obese (BMI > or = 26 kg/m(2)) men.

RESEARCH METHODS AND PROCEDURE: Thirty subjects (forskolin, n = 15; placebo, n = 15) were studied in a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study for 12 weeks. RESULTS: Forskolin was shown to elicit favorable changes in body composition by significantly decreasing body fat percentage (BF%) and fat mass (FM) as determined by DXA compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). Additionally, forskolin administration resulted in a change in bone mass for the 12-week trial compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05).

There was a trend toward a significant increase for lean body mass in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p = 0.097). Serum free testosterone levels were significantly increased in the forskolin group compared with the placebo group (p < or = 0.05). The actual change in serum total testosterone concentration was not significantly different among groups, but it increased 16.77 +/- 33.77% in the forskolin group compared with a decrease of 1.08 +/- 18.35% in the placebo group. DISCUSSION: Oral ingestion of forskolin (250 mg of 10% forskolin extract twice a day) for a 12-week period was shown to favorably alter body composition while concurrently increasing bone mass and serum free testosterone levels in overweight and obese men.

Iwannabehot
04-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Ok after looking around I'm thinking, Anabolic pump, Hydroxycut and BSN Cheaters.

Are these ok to stack?

Chris@UGA
04-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Just fine tune your diet and workout and don't waste your money on too many of these supplements. Get a multivitamin, protein powder, and the rest is just hard work.

God knows I've wasted too much of my hard earned money on this crap.

XCriticalBenchX
04-27-2009, 03:46 PM
Ok after looking around I'm thinking, Anabolic pump, Hydroxycut and BSN Cheaters.

Are these ok to stack?

No need for cheaters releif.. if thats what you want to do, then give up on training because you need to perfect your diet, and direct nutrients to where they need to go, not block their absorption.

There is no easy way to do this. What your trying to do is harder than dieting, and harder than bulking. It is going to require a ton more effort than you could imagine.

Iwannabehot
04-28-2009, 01:36 AM
No need for cheaters releif.. if thats what you want to do, then give up on training because you need to perfect your diet, and direct nutrients to where they need to go, not block their absorption.

There is no easy way to do this. What your trying to do is harder than dieting, and harder than bulking. It is going to require a ton more effort than you could imagine.
Ok I definitely agree on the not needing cheaters and I don't want to waste money! I have actually changed my routine well added an hour of cardio before every muscle workout. I hope this is enough as I hear conflicting advice everywhere!

spookiekabuki
08-15-2009, 09:01 AM
I have been training for 2 weeks now using the routine below and eating clean, low fat, low carb, low cal 3 times a day.

Current routine,

Day 1

Rower 1000m
15 reps 3 sets
Flat bench 20kg
Pec fly
Lat pull down
Lat rows

Day 2
15 reps 3 sets
Rower 1000m
Shoulder press
Lat raises
Front raises
E-z bar curls
tricep push down

Day 3
8-10 reps 4-5 sets
Bike 10 mins
Squats 20kg
Lunges
Leg ext
Treadmill 10 mins 5kph

Day 4

1 hour CV

Day 5
8-10 reps 4-5 sets
dead lifts 10kg
Hamstring curls
Calf raises
Lower back ext
20 mins CV

I have lost an inch on the waist good (not great!) but I have also lost 0.5 inches on the hip where I was trying to gain!

Is/are there any supplements I should take to gain muscle mass on the legs while cutting away the fat?

I know that muscle takes up less space than fat so initially while I lose fat and gain muscle I may get smaller but is there anyway to gain faster?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

EAT MORE. Low fat is good but is your carbs are too low, you wont get enough energy to lift. You also need to be more patient as your body adjusts to a new routine and diet.

You are wrong. With proper nutrition and diet, transform your body.