PDA

View Full Version : Creatine - Any new hotness lately?

Autino
04-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I kow that creatine monohydrate is the mac daddy of creatine, but when I take it I get bad acne.. Not even acne. more like welts all over my body.
No matter how much water I drink, it still get these welts.

So I have found that SciFit Kre-Alkalyn does not give me the acne.

It has been about 4 months since I have taken the creatine though, and now that I am done with my PH and in to PCT I Am looking to start back up with it.
So, what is the new creatine boner on the forum?

mrkdrt
04-26-2009, 12:52 PM
I kow that creatine monohydrate is the mac daddy of creatine, but when I take it I get bad acne.. Not even acne. more like welts all over my body.
No matter how much water I drink, it still get these welts.

So I have found that SciFit Kre-Alkalyn does not give me the acne.

It has been about 4 months since I have taken the creatine though, and now that I am done with my PH and in to PCT I Am looking to start back up with it.
So, what is the new creatine boner on the forum?

Seriously, what are you asking?

RuckstaR
04-26-2009, 12:53 PM
A couple popular/mainstay creatines getting a lot of attention here lately IMO are:

CL Green Mag (A great product, but also, a really really good value)
Gaspari Sizeon (A great product with what seems to be a decent amount fo legitimate research to back it)
VPX No Shotgun (A little controversial on here if anything due to some COP arguments, and some poor label decisions on their part, but I personally love this product, I feel like I am really getting a legitimate non-placebo induced strength and endurance increase here)

Lots more great ones, and i'm sure you will have many suggestions in no time.

RuckstaR
04-26-2009, 12:54 PM

He saying he doesn't react well to creatine mono, seemed fine with Kre-Alk, and now that he is coming off a PH run, he is looking for what the "newest and greatest" creatines we are babbling about right now are.

mrkdrt
04-26-2009, 12:55 PM
He saying he doesn't react well to creatine mono, seemed fine with Kre-Alk, and now that he is coming off a PH run, he is looking for what the "newest and greatest" creatines we are babbling about right now are.

ahh.. haha... ok... didnt get the boner thing.. Im getting too old for this lingo:p

Autino
04-26-2009, 12:55 PM

Seems like every other month, supplements that were cutting edge are now obsolete. Mostly due to marketing hype.
I am just curious what the new, popular bb.c forum choice for creatine is.

RuckstaR
04-26-2009, 12:57 PM
ahh.. haha... ok... didnt get the boner thing.. Im getting too old for this lingo:p

Lol fair enough. I lol'd pretty hard when I thought about the way he formed the question. Essentially: "What is bb.com's new creatine boner right now?"

It's so true, there's always something new and wonderful we get all googly over on here, and if you aren't here a lot, its easy to get behind.

sppatrick
04-26-2009, 01:06 PM
Man Clout ftw especially for ur situation seems like ur allergic or somthing to CM sucks

J-Cubed
04-26-2009, 01:08 PM
Controlled Labs GreenMAG is awesome and lots of people say MAN Clout is great for strength/endurance gains.

Autino
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM

I don't see that word use much on this forum, but in the 12v (car audio) forums it is used all the time.
Any time a company comes out with a new product that the forums like, everyone starts buying it, and suggesting it. Review and build logs come out and everyone goes nuts like a bunch of caffeinated monkeys.

The product is referred to as a forum boner, since everyone seems to have a hard on for the product or the company that makes it.
My company for example has several products that have managed to be boners for a few years running.

Just another internet term that has not made its way over here yet.
It might be common verbiage in the misc though

T50
04-26-2009, 01:15 PM
Omega Sports Trinitine is new and I am really enjoying the effects of Ultima so i'd def give their creatine a shot.

Autino
04-26-2009, 01:20 PM
Omega Sports Trinitine is new and I am really enjoying the effects of Ultima so i'd def give their creatine a shot.

Thanks

I also appreciate the suggestion for Green Mag.
I took that a year or 2 ago and had good results.
Might have to revisit it..

Anyone have thoughts on the creapure products that are out now?

user98511001541
04-26-2009, 01:21 PM
creatine gluconate

the only double-delivery system for creatines on the market... formulated specifically for a VERY special company :) This two staged delivery system is unique among all creatines on the market.

I believe the new I-Force product is the only other company, other than gaspari, to use creatine gluconate

sppatrick
04-26-2009, 01:25 PM
pimp >_> ha naw creatine gluconate looks pretty promising havent tried it yet but cant wait to give it a shot

Diego Sanchez
04-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Omega Sports Trinitine is new

This

opentehcan
04-26-2009, 01:27 PM
creatine gluconate

the only double-delivery system for creatines on the market... formulated specifically for a VERY special company :) This two staged delivery system is unique among all creatines on the market.

I believe the new I-Force product is the only other company, other than gaspari, to use creatine gluconate

have there been any studies comparing the respective amounts of creatine + glucose vs creatine gluconate? It would seem like having the free forms of both creatine and glucose (dextrose) would be superior, since the body does not have to split creatine gluconate.

to the OP: Creatine mono + sugar is the best IMO

__AM__
04-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Cell level :

1.Russian Tarragon extract,although the exact mechanism of its function is not understood yet it's believed to have an effect on the CrT.

3.Increasing Nitrate concentrations to shift the reversible Cr <==> PCr reaction towards PCr production.

2.Plasma insulin elevation which can be done by carbs/protein or insulin potentiators (e.g : ALA,D-Pinitol,Cinnamon Extract & ...).

Digestive tract level :

4.CreaSafe by Dr. Mark J. Tallon is said to use a delivery system (Liposphere) which can guard creatine from low stomach pH & as a result decrease the conversion of creatine to creatinine (Waste).

5.Chelation is a way to increase the bioavailability of creatine (e.g : MCC,KCC & NACC).Though it has not shown solid results in studies done so far.

opentehcan
04-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Cell level :

1.Russian Tarragon extract,although the exact mechanism of its function is not understood yet it's believed to have an effect on the CrT.

3.Increasing Nitrate concentrations to shift the reversible Cr <==> PCr reaction towards PCr production.

2.Plasma insulin elevation which can be done by carbs/protein or insulin potentiators (e.g : ALA,D-Pinitol,Cinnamon Extract & ...).

Digestive tract level :

4.CreaSafe by Dr. Mark J. Tallon is said to use a delivery system (Liposphere) which can guard creatine from low stomach pH & as a result decrease the conversion of creatine to creatinine (Waste).

5.Chelation is a way to increase the bioavailability of creatine (e.g : MCC,KCC & NACC).Though it has not shown solid results in studies done so far.

Double-delivery system?Please elaborate...

nice

DA6
04-26-2009, 02:12 PM

Agreed, Ultima on work-out days and Trinitine on off-days is working great.

Preservations
04-26-2009, 03:10 PM
I find that creatine ethyl ester is way better simply for the fact mono you look more bloated then anything it looks to fake and once you get sick or don't drink enough water your body goes to the crapper so for those who like the mono hope your enjoying being a monobloato..

RuckstaR
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
have there been any studies comparing the respective amounts of creatine + glucose vs creatine gluconate? It would seem like having the free forms of both creatine and glucose (dextrose) would be superior, since the body does not have to split creatine gluconate.

to the OP: Creatine mono + sugar is the best IMO

He said in his first post that he can't take mono because he gets a weird reaction and breaks out...

BigPoppaPump84
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM

LOL :D OP is 33 years old but talks like he's 16

And to answer your question, Omega Sports Ultima is probably the latest "innovative" creatine on the market.

Supplement-Slut
04-26-2009, 03:27 PM
creatine gluconate

MHP Dark Matter, too.

kerplunk
04-26-2009, 03:42 PM
creatine gluconate

millennium uses it

I OuTsiDeR I
04-26-2009, 05:04 PM
creatine gluconate

I believe PA and BK were arguing over this in an old thread. PA was stating something along the lines that when the two split the gluconate doesn't turn into glucose and it turns into something else i believe.

opentehcan
04-27-2009, 04:48 AM
bump for creatine gluconate study

dtrain13
04-27-2009, 05:16 AM

This

Agreed, Ultima on work-out days and Trinitine on off-days is working great.

LOL :D OP is 33 years old but talks like he's 16

And to answer your question, Omega Sports Ultima is probably the latest "innovative" creatine on the market.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114231831&highlight=ultima

Thanks gents. :)

RB12
04-27-2009, 06:10 AM
Man Clout ftw especially for ur situation seems like ur allergic or somthing to CM sucks

MAN Clout is a great option for a creatine plus product for strength, endurance and recovery. Plus it is a non-proprietary formula so you know exactly how much of each ingredient you are getting.

Mrsliz1724
04-27-2009, 07:24 AM
i just got my Ultima in a good creatine and lots of godo reveiws

Acal83
04-27-2009, 07:31 AM
MAN Clout is a great option for a creatine plus product for strength, endurance and recovery. Plus it is a non-proprietary formula so you know exactly how much of each ingredient you are getting.

I recently used clout and can vouch for it being a great alternative to just creatine mono. The biggest thing I noticed was increased strength which is exactly what I would want if i were in your situation (pct). But you cant really go wrong with any of the options laid out in this thread.

__AM__
04-27-2009, 08:05 AM
creatine gluconate

Double-delivery system?Please elaborate...

I believe PA and BK were arguing over this in an old thread. PA was stating something along the lines that when the two split the gluconate doesn't turn into glucose and it turns into something else i believe.

creatine gluconate is falsely advertised. it is a salt of creatine and gluconic acid. The ads lead you to believe that gluconic acid is glucose. It is not. Not even close.

Gluconic acid is made by the oxidation of glucose in the body however, it cannot convert to glucose nor does it act as a sugar in any manner. It really has no positive function for athletes at all

So this stuff is nothing more than another salt of creatine. The benefits ascribed to it are completely false

gluconic acid
Definition:
An acid with the chemical formula C6H12O7. At room temperature, it is a colorless crystal; it melts at 131 Celsius. It can be made by the oxidation of glucose. It will dissolve in water and alcohols. It is used in pharmaceuticals and some food products, as a cleanser, and as a catalyst in textile printing.

JJA
04-27-2009, 08:10 AM
creatine did not give you acne.

willldabeast
04-27-2009, 08:17 AM
were you taking cell tech or something with lots of sugar? if so, it was probably the sugar giving you acne over creatine.

stathis723
04-27-2009, 08:28 AM
the next creatine ill go with is CLOUT if that helps

Autino
04-27-2009, 09:38 AM
creatine did not give you acne.

Yeah thanks for the ignorant statement.
Next time you get the urge to vomit your 21 years of your limited life experience in one of my threads, keep it locked up inside your little head.
ok champ?

Autino
04-27-2009, 09:40 AM
were you taking cell tech or something with lots of sugar? if so, it was probably the sugar giving you acne over creatine.

I have tried a ton of creatines.
all the drinks like noxplode, noshotgun etc.
a lot of pills
regular bulk mono

My diet has been spot on for months on end. Water consumption high, then soon as I add any type of mono hydrate, 3 days later I get the bumps.
Like clockwork.

opentehcan
04-27-2009, 09:45 AM
wow forget creatine gluconate