PDA

View Full Version : Always bloated while bulking?

Jackalhead
04-22-2009, 03:08 PM
Okay, this is messed up. I freaked out last weekend cos I saw I dropped 2 lbs while trying to bulk. So I got rid of interval training from my regime and added an extra 700 calories to my diet.

NOW the messed up part is that I am ALWAYS bloated! I can see my abs pretty well during the morning RIGHT after I wake up, but by the time I get home from work I can hardly even see them even when I am flexing. It's driving me NUTS! Is this normal? Could it be the fact I am eating 4 cups of oatmeal a day and drinking about 1 and a half gallons of water?

The Solution
04-22-2009, 03:09 PM
Could it be the fact I am eating 4 cups of oatmeal a day and drinking about 1 and a half gallons of water?

Why? Why so much fiber? what did other carb sources ever do to you? Just make sure you hit the amount of carbs you need for in a day and track them. The source wont matter if you incorporated some cereals, bagels, potatoes, pasta instead.

rockdawg21
04-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Oats are great, you're getting plenty of fiber, which is great, but variety helps keep the diet interesting. Try some pastas, breads, fresh fruits & veggies.

cramron
04-22-2009, 03:15 PM
one thing u could try is taking kelp(powder not pills), kelp releases excessive water from every individual cell in the body and excretes wastes.....

bloating comes from any form of constipation whether subtle or excessive! Any backup in the digestive systems disrupts metabolism.....

spirulina
kelp
dandelion root
ingesting castor oil

when you wake up every morning with that urge to LET IT ALL GO, you know your bulking is going well and all your foods are being assimulated and joined with the energy systems

Be_Easy
04-22-2009, 03:16 PM
Okay, this is messed up. I freaked out last weekend cos I saw I dropped 2 lbs while trying to bulk. So I got rid of interval training from my regime and added an extra 700 calories to my diet.

NOW the messed up part is that I am ALWAYS bloated! I can see my abs pretty well during the morning RIGHT after I wake up, but by the time I get home from work I can hardly even see them even when I am flexing. It's driving me NUTS! Is this normal? Could it be the fact I am eating 4 cups of oatmeal a day and drinking about 1 and a half gallons of water?

I would go back to my original bulk diet (I'm assuming it was 500 over maint.) and cut your hiit in half and track your progress for the next two weeks. If you're still worried then, add 200 calories and track again later....If you're eating 1200 calories over maint. that must be very uncomfortable.

cramron
04-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm bulking right now and 5 days ago I was bloated up really bad because about 8 days ago, I was starving and went to the gas station and bought a package of cheese sticks and ate all of them, needless to say, my digestive tract was FUKED up

Jackalhead
04-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Wow! :] Thanks for all the answers. Alright.

To the guy who suggested cutting back on calories and re-adding my HIIT, I am going to have to decline. I am a major ectomorph as is and am having problems gaining muscle. The reason I cut the interval training is cos I was losing weight like crazy. I got down to 129.6!! :O Anyways, I am back up to 135 last I checked (20 minutes ago) so I think I fixed the problem by getting rid of HIIT.

And I'll buy some castor oil to take when I get bloated. Any specific kind you recommend? Haha and the cheese stick thing is insane. :p I hope you learned your lesson.