PDA

View Full Version : A Dream come true

Clif
04-20-2009, 09:48 AM
As many of you know I have wanted to do a bodybuilding show for a couple of years, finally I settled on what?s billed as the biggest natural show in the U.S, the Liberty show in Kansa city Missouri. I don?t think it really is, but it is was a good first choice, there were around 150 competitors around half of which were bodybuilders and the show was ran very well. I competed in the Masters and Novice Medium tall, (they broke us down by height not weight). The first time I hit the stage was with the masters group. All I wanted was to take at least one trophy home so when the called my number to go on stage for the top 5, I was ecstatic to say the least! When the awarded the 5th place I thought COOL im getting 4th then they called 4th I thought COOL 3rd it got down to 1st and 2nd I was in a state of shock when they didn?t call my name for the 2nd place!!! I GOT 1st. I was so excited I could not hardly stand it.! It was very much the same when they called my name for top five Novice Medium-tall. These guy were much younger and in great shape. I was even more shocked as the handed out the trophies and my name was not called again until it was down to me and another guy who was a good 30 lbs heaver! I would like to tell you what happen next but all I remember is think OH MY GOD I WON! It was truly a dream come true for me I had actually competed in my first bodybuilding show and took two first place wins. Now I would like to say in all sincerity thank you too all of you this last year. As I became more serious and ask question after question you guys were always there to help. You motivated me with you success stories, time and time again! S0 many of you told me in the natural show it really isn?t as much about size as it is proportion! I was 147lbs when I walled on stage by far the smallest guy in both events. I put some photos up if any of you guys want to check them out thanks again-Cliff

namtrag
04-20-2009, 09:54 AM
That is absolutely incredible! Congrats to you for all your hard work. Post up some pics for us!

rpaul11
04-20-2009, 09:57 AM
that is awesome....do you have pics? or a link to the show results?

great job man!!!!

bustasinclair
04-20-2009, 10:01 AM
Incredible results!!! We wanna see pics my man!!!!

Do_Somethin
04-20-2009, 10:02 AM
Great news! That's incredible and amazing!
An inspiration to be sure!

stayfit2008
04-20-2009, 10:03 AM
I told ya Cliff,..you did it! I wouldnt steer you wrong my man!!! Your pics look great!

Clif
04-20-2009, 10:28 AM
That is absolutely incredible! Congrats to you for all your hard work. Post up some pics for us!

Sorry i dont know how to put the pics here but you can click on my av and see them there.

Clif
04-20-2009, 10:32 AM
that is awesome....do you have pics? or a link to the show results?

great job man!!!!

show link not hot yet but its the NANBF Liberty MO

ectoBgone
04-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Congratulations! That's extremely impressive Cliff.

woodlake
04-20-2009, 10:41 AM
Congrats , that is excellent!

aneas
04-20-2009, 10:45 AM
Awesome bro. Very impressive. You looked great.

freebirdmac
04-20-2009, 10:46 AM
Awesome congrats! You look like the winner!

So are you retiring now and going out a winner or is another comp in your future? :)

DaddyR
04-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Wow! Terrific!

chodan9
04-20-2009, 11:19 AM
awesome! amazing showing on your first time out!
grats!
repped!

JOHN GARGANI
04-20-2009, 11:21 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/photo/data/510/medium/nov-trp_pres.jpg

you have excellent balance here in this shot, my favorite.....other shots show that you were suitably ripped also....

a tremendous feather in your cap, you are to be highly commended!!!

IronCharles
04-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Very cool! Congratulations!

Old-Time-Lifter
04-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Congrats Clif!

GreenWave1
04-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Awesome! Congrats and reps Clif.

elzool
04-20-2009, 11:33 AM
Congratulations Clif, that is terrific news!

MrNismo
04-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Wow, congratulations!

dbx
04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
Congrats Clif! Your description shows humility, grace, and pride...all at once. High five for ya, brah! :cool:

stayfit2008
04-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Cliff,...sign up for the next amature bodybuilder of the week! here is the link buddy! http://www.bodybuilders.com/signam.htm

ntrllftr
04-20-2009, 12:09 PM
I must admit, the progress pics I saw a couple months ago I had my doubts.
They either were very poor lighting or bad angles or something.
OR you must have kicked it into high gear and busted your a**.

A huge congrats to you man!!!!

Clif
04-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Cliff,...sign up for the next amature bodybuilder of the week! here is the link buddy! http://www.bodybuilders.com/signam.htm

:) OK now im really smiling...I have read many of the portfolios,i dont think im there quiet yet:)...... you guys are great!! Besides I really think my first open will be a big reality check! Well see how a few of those go. Ill be doing two more shows over the next month before going back on a bulk till time to cute for the St Louise show in Oct.

stayfit2008
04-20-2009, 12:24 PM
:) OK now im really smiling...I have read many of the portfolios,i dont think im there quiet yet:)...... you guys are great!! Besides I really think my first open will be a big reality check! Well see how a few of those go. Ill be doing two more shows over the next month before going back on a bulk till time to cute for the St Louise show in Oct.

Clif,..I'm tellin ya,..sign up for it,..it's fun and yes,..you are there already. c'mon,...like I said before,..would I steer you wrong? :)

What are the other two shows your doing?

Clif
04-20-2009, 12:29 PM
Clif,..I'm tellin ya,..sign up for it,..it's fun and yes,..you are there already. c'mon,...like I said before,..would I steer you wrong? :)

What are the other two shows your doing?

two NANBF shows, Iowa May 9 and OK Tulsa June 6th.

MT_Pawkits
04-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Great Job

bustasinclair
04-20-2009, 12:32 PM
I'll be there in the audience on June 6th cheering you on!!! Learning the ropes as a future competitor :D

JOHN GARGANI
04-20-2009, 12:52 PM
I'll be there in the audience on June 6th cheering you on!!! Learning the ropes as a future competitor :D

whoa! alright, BUSTA, that is good news!

JOHN GARGANI
04-20-2009, 12:53 PM
TO: CARL AND STAY: look at the lines this guy shows in that pic that I embedded......

almost Zane like.....that type of flow and contour is natural structure....

now, he must simply resist the temptation to put on weight quickly in any fashion and just slowly add more size to that balanced frame.

Nikonguy
04-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Way to go Cliff. Your pics are great and you looked like a seasoned pro.

BuckSpin
04-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Awesome! Congrats!!! You looked RIPPED!!

ntrllftr
04-20-2009, 01:02 PM
TO: CARL AND STAY: look at the lines this guy shows in that pic that I embedded......

I can see that from the torso up.

now, he must simply resist the temptation to put on weight quickly in any fashion and just slowly add more size to that balanced frame.

Very wise statement. ;)

Clif
04-20-2009, 01:02 PM

Make sure you look me up! I look forward to meeting you:) i dont have anyone around here to talk Bodybuilding with!

Note.... by around here i mean Fredericktown/Farmington:) NOT BB:)

Old-Time-Lifter
04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
Where is your contest in June?
edit:
I see that show is in Tulsa, how about the May show, where in Iowa are you going to be?

bustasinclair
04-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Make sure you look me up! I look forward to meeting you:) i dont have anyone around here to talk Bodybuilding with!

Note.... by around here i mean Fredericktown/Farmington:) NOT BB:)

Would be a pleasure....maybe we could hook up pre-show so I can see how you prepare....not to be forcing myself on you; no worries if you decline :)

Clif
04-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Where is your contest in June?

Tulsa OK.

Clif
04-20-2009, 01:09 PM

now, he must simply resist the temptation to put on weight quickly in any fashion and just slowly add more size to that balanced frame.[/QUOTE]

Thats the nices thing anyone has ever said about me thank you and very much app.:)

Old-Time-Lifter
04-20-2009, 01:12 PM
Clif,

Where is your Iowa show?

Clif
04-20-2009, 01:17 PM
Clif,

Where is your Iowa show?

Des Moines (Not sure of spelling:)

stayfit2008
04-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Clif,..make sure you get with me on the prep for your next shows.

harleygal
04-20-2009, 01:24 PM
I agree with Stayfit. I think you should do the amateur of the week!!! I know how you love a challenge!!!! You looked GREAT up there!!! Soooo exciting!!!!!!!!! By the way, I'm lovin' that ZANE comparision!!!

Clif
04-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Would be a pleasure....maybe we could hook up pre-show so I can see how you prepare....not to be forcing myself on you; no worries if you decline :)

Remember i dont know much but your more then welcome to join me. They only let one asst. in the pump up room at the Liberty show and my girl friend has that job,so you may not be able to go in there. We would have to see what they let you do, but it would be cool having you there.

Clif
04-20-2009, 01:28 PM
I agree with Stayfit. I think you should do the amateur of the week!!! I know how you love a challenge!!!! You looked GREAT up there!!! Soooo exciting!!!!!!!!! By the way, I'm lovin' that ZANE comparision!!!

Hi Baby:) Guys, meet my girlfriend she may be a little prejudice :)

bustasinclair
04-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Remember i dont know much but your more then welcome to join me. They only let one asst. in the pump up room at the Liberty show and my girl friend has that job,so you may not be able to go in there. We would have to see what they let you do, but it would be cool having you there.

Sounds good! I will PM you my phone number when it gets closer to June 6th and we will see what we will see! My main thing is that I am interested in meeting as many BB'ers as possible; like you, I have nobody around me to "talk shop". I also need to watch as many shows as possible to learn the ropes.

I'll be looking forward to it! Hell you'll be a seasoned pro by then, lol

AFChief
04-20-2009, 01:39 PM
awesome! congrats!

harleygal
04-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi Baby right back atcha! I might be a little prejudice, but the judges seemed to agree with me. I must have a pretty good eye. Remember...symmetry, symmetry, symmetry!!!

bustasinclair
04-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Hi Baby right back atcha! I might be a little prejudice, but the judges seemed to agree with me. I must have a pretty good eye. Remember...symmetry, symmetry, symmetry!!!

She knows of what she speaks!!!!

And congrats to the both of you for finding someone so compatible!!!! I can only dream of meeting a woman amenable to my lifestyle.

67fastback
04-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Way to go, very inspirational!

Fifty+
04-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Congratulations on the physique, hard work & diet, consistancy and for taking home the trophy. You deserve it! Best of luck on the up coming shows.

Whatanejit
04-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Fantastic! You are an inspiration..
:D

socket
04-20-2009, 05:41 PM
congrats man, you inspire me to want to compete for real, instead of just in my mirror;) lol.

Iron Barbarian
04-20-2009, 05:49 PM
You da man!! Congrats on the great job!!

StressMonkey
04-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Congrats. Great job!

Zingaritano
04-21-2009, 04:19 AM
Congrats!

RBH58
04-21-2009, 04:52 AM
Great job Clif. You look brilliant.

partsRheavy
04-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Congrats!!!! Your conditioning, shoulder breadth and symmetry were the best!

Trace333
04-21-2009, 06:40 AM
YEYYYYYYYYYYYYY CLIF!!! Congrats!!! :D :D :D

Old-Time-Lifter
04-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Clif,

I think there is a show in Council Bluffs in September? I think it's the 26th? My niece is competing in that one and I plan to be there. I'll have to ask her for the details. She's also doing one in Oklahoma on I think May 30th?

That would likely be a strain on you to do that many shows though. At some point it would be cool to see some of the guys from here competing live...... don't think I can make it to Des Moines though, was hoping you'd say it was in Council Bluffs. ;)

Blessings

mlandis
04-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Great job man!!!

Beefcupcake
04-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Wow! You look fantastic. Congratulations!

Clif
04-21-2009, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=Old-Time-Lifter;319720761]Clif,

I think there is a show in Council Bluffs in September? I think it's the 26th? My niece is competing in that one and I plan to be there. I'll have to ask her for the details. She's also doing one in Oklahoma on I think May 30th?

I would love to do some more even in to July but I think I really need to put some weight back on after the early June show, I plan on doing a mini bulk prior, to the Oct. St. Louis show. I wonder if your Sept show would be a good prep for that one. If it was at the end of the month it would work if it was early I don?t think it would be a good idea. Ill see what I could find out about it. Thank you very much for the information, your kind words, and motivation!! If memory serves you were one of those guys who has answered a few of my dumb questions over the last year or so.:)

Old-Time-Lifter
04-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Clif,

Just talked to Makayla, the Council Bluffs Show is September 26th like I thought. She's also doing a show in Tulsa on May 30th.

I'll be at the CB, Iowa show, but just watching, not struting my stuff. :D

bustasinclair
04-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Clif,

Just talked to Makayla, the Council Bluffs Show is September 26th like I thought. She's also doing a show in Tulsa on May 30th.

I'll be at the CB, Iowa show, but just watching, not struting my stuff. :D

OTL, I will be at the May 30th show, can you PM me her stage number as soon as she gets registered so I can root for her?

Old-Time-Lifter
04-21-2009, 10:24 AM
OTL, I will be at the May 30th show, can you PM me her stage number as soon as she gets registered so I can root for her?

Will do :D

NorwichGrad
04-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Congratulations and thank you for providing the motivation for the rest of us to follow your footsteps.

LyingSac
04-21-2009, 01:07 PM
way to go big dude......i recon you ain't a novice no mo....lol.......Sac

Clif
04-21-2009, 01:14 PM
way to go big dude......i recon you ain't a novice no mo....lol.......Sac

Don?t that suck! One show and now i have to go to open!! im expecting a big reality check next month!!

19thSon
04-21-2009, 01:54 PM
I want to congratulate you, but I'm jealous as HECK!!!

Great job, sir!

LyingSac
04-21-2009, 01:56 PM
Don?t that suck! One show and now i have to go to open!! im expecting a big reality check next month!!

lol yep same thing happened to a buddy of mine back in the day...he wiped out the novices and placed 3rd in the open....good thing i brought my van we had to haul a boat load of trophy's........time to step it up!

stayfit2008
04-21-2009, 02:36 PM
Cliff,..hear this!,...I went from winning novice and novice overall in October of last year,..after that I have since won all my Open classes,...in two more competitions! believe buddy! I know you have the determination my man!

jimbop99
04-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Very impressive. Keep it going and good luck.

oldsuperman
04-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Congrats! Well deserved! Your brother in iron. ed

stayfit2008
04-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Lets see some pics!!! :)

Old-Time-Lifter
05-04-2009, 10:58 AM

busta,

Just a fyi, Makayla had to pull out of the show. She's having some medical issues and they think she may have diabetes........ dang!!

BOLDERNECK
05-04-2009, 10:34 PM
As many of you know I have wanted to do a bodybuilding show for a couple of years, finally I settled on what?s billed as the biggest natural show in the U.S, the Liberty show in Kansa city Missouri. I don?t think it really is, but it is was a good first choice, there were around 150 competitors around half of which were bodybuilders and the show was ran very well. I competed in the Masters and Novice Medium tall, (they broke us down by height not weight). The first time I hit the stage was with the masters group. All I wanted was to take at least one trophy home so when the called my number to go on stage for the top 5, I was ecstatic to say the least! When the awarded the 5th place I thought COOL im getting 4th then they called 4th I thought COOL 3rd it got down to 1st and 2nd I was in a state of shock when they didn?t call my name for the 2nd place!!! I GOT 1st. I was so excited I could not hardly stand it.! It was very much the same when they called my name for top five Novice Medium-tall. These guy were much younger and in great shape. I was even more shocked as the handed out the trophies and my name was not called again until it was down to me and another guy who was a good 30 lbs heaver! I would like to tell you what happen next but all I remember is think OH MY GOD I WON! It was truly a dream come true for me I had actually competed in my first bodybuilding show and took two first place wins. Now I would like to say in all sincerity thank you too all of you this last year. As I became more serious and ask question after question you guys were always there to help. You motivated me with you success stories, time and time again! S0 many of you told me in the natural show it really isn?t as much about size as it is proportion! I was 147lbs when I walled on stage by far the smallest guy in both events. I put some photos up if any of you guys want to check them out thanks again-Cliff

that is AWESOME!!!!! your first show and you kicked ass!!! hats off to you,sir!!!!

bodyhard
05-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Damn how the f'ck did I miss this thread? Way to go man, Yo Da Man! 1st show and you take it!

Big big major props!