PDA

View Full Version : Which one of these health classes would be most beneficial for bodybuilding?

jakeeck
04-17-2009, 06:45 PM
i know im only 18 in this section but i figured you guys may have taken similar classes or know about them more than the teen section..

1. contemporary health
2. secondary health education
3. current topics in health and wellness
4. nutrition for health

thanks in advance

hawkens
04-17-2009, 06:52 PM
without knowing the course syllabus and just going by the titles I would say nutrition for health. You might also check and see what nutrition course the nursing students take (a chemistery course is usually required before taking those type of nutrition courses but they have good information)

jakeeck
04-17-2009, 06:55 PM
without knowing the course syllabus and just going by the titles I would say nutrition for health. You might also check and see what nutrition course the nursing students take (a chemistery course is usually required before taking those type of nutrition courses but they have good information)
ya thats what i was thinking too.. im finishing up my first year of college and right now my major is accounting but i know being an accountant is not me but i cant think of anything else... i want to get into something that deals with lifting or nutrition or something because thats what i enjoy.. i just dont really know what career to go with in that field.. my gpa is like a 2.8 because im not motivated to try hard enough when i have a major i dont care about ya know?

LyingSac
04-17-2009, 07:08 PM
nutrition class

paolo59
04-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Nutrition.

kimm4
04-17-2009, 09:45 PM
nutrition

Iron Barbarian
04-17-2009, 11:11 PM
I'd choose the Nutrition Course myself.

2behealthy
04-17-2009, 11:18 PM
I would recommend Nutrition.I just actually wrote my final exam yesterday and I am very glad that I did take the course..however I did not have a choice as I am currently in College achieving my professional in the health/medical field.

Arlecchino
04-18-2009, 02:34 AM
Nutrition, if any of them. I say if because even today some nutrition texts still contain crap like the 'you can only digest 30 grams of protein at a time' myth and other idiocy. Will depend on the instructor as well.

DaddyR
04-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Definitely nutrition, but even that class could be full of misinformation when it comes to the topic of nutrition for bodybuilding. Depends on who is teaching it and their qualifications and interests.

OutOfStep
04-18-2009, 09:32 AM
None of them are likely to be much use for bodybuilding purposes. These will likely be introductory nutrition courses and will be based around recommendations for the general population (MyPyramid) RDA, RDI etc. Look for something like a sports nutrition course. That would probably be more up your alley.

Another note. I'm a nutrition major and will be starting my clinical rotations soon (RD). If you are thinking about majoring in nutrition, you are going to be taking a TON of science courses (especially chemistry) before you ever learn a thing about nutrition. Organic chemistry, biochemistry, physiology, biology, microbiology etc. This may seem obvious, but I have seen a lot of students start out in this major and never make it because they can't get through the science courses. So if you are not interested in science or have struggled with it in the past, you may want to look at something else. Good luck with whatever you choose.

jellodirt
04-18-2009, 11:23 AM
4. nutrition for health

MT_Pawkits
04-18-2009, 12:32 PM
nutrition without a doubt

BigSlick-------
04-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I am certified to teach health. I say nutrition is much more important to understand, for bodybuilding purposes, than the other classes.

gekkoboy14
04-20-2009, 09:24 PM
depends on the teacher